Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch V1.0.0.5 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Patch V1.0.0.5
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

Patch V1.0.0.5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Woo I like the look of this one but not sure how it works
help?

not in tute either.

x]

01-12-2008 15:08 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeh wats 'junk' iv baught some and added it to auction to see what happens.
is it like, an item with suffexs or prefexis or somethin?
01-12-2008 15:15 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Windlicht

Registration Date: 12-13-2007
Clan: vNHv

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where can I find the info for the patch? I'd like to check it out
01-12-2008 15:15 Windlicht is offline Search for Posts by Windlicht Add Windlicht to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

how can i trade ???

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
01-12-2008 15:17 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by draculaisemo

its both via auction and shop, not sure how
also, apologies for not being polish, but what the hell does
'Nie posaidasz wystarczjacej ilosci zlomu!'
mean?

01-12-2008 15:23 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
bobalob57
Viking

1. click on the patch nunber at the top of the screen.
2. to trade you have to buy 4 bits of 'junk' in shop then auction it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 01-12-2008 15:25.

01-12-2008 15:24 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

whats junk :|
I cant sell any, though i can afford to. (o.o)

01-12-2008 15:27 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Junk is useful when you are attacked every two or less hours and you always loose and you want to upgrade some buildings in your square. You loose about half of the junk's value but you save the other half. Of course some people can sell half of their Lgo through auction system and gain some stones Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-12-2008 15:30 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
draculaisemo
Lord

what is defined as junk??
According to the auction i have 0 peices...

01-12-2008 15:34 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

You can buy junk in the shop but as far as I can tell it doesn't specify what is is.

01-12-2008 15:57 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

Oh!
I see.
You can buy pieces at the shop to protect your resources, and you can auction for stones by the looks of it, for other people who want to protect resources but dont have enough money, cause theyre killed so often?

Is that right?

Must wait until someone auctions some junk [=

01-12-2008 16:02 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
bobalob57
Viking

what i think junk is is a random object, but tou dont know what it is untill youve baught it in a auction, which encourages you to take chances. for example you could get a good biting xxx of suicide for 1 bs, but just as easily get a club for a soulstone
01-12-2008 16:10 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
what i think junk is is a random object, but tou dont know what it is untill youve baught it in a auction, which encourages you to take chances. for example you could get a good biting xxx of suicide for 1 bs, but just as easily get a club for a soulstone

Nope, that's not it. Junk is only a way to save your Lgo from being robbed. You can say it's a Club that costs 20 000 Lgo

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-12-2008 16:12 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Windlicht

is this correct? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let me see if i've got the right idea

You buy a piece/unit of junk from the shop, at 20,000 Lgo a pop, and it remains junk until it is sold at auction which the seller will gain a stone or two, and the buyer will get the junk which will reveal itself as a random item?

Is this also what Evangelion meant by selling half of your Lgo through auction?
01-12-2008 16:13 Windlicht is offline Search for Posts by Windlicht Add Windlicht to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

no it is just junk no item nothing... just junk whcih can be sold for 10000 Lgo

created by Dontmess
01-12-2008 16:16 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

10 000 per peice, meaning by auction you have to spend at least 80 000 and you will buy at least 40 000.
no items involved.

money conservation =)

01-12-2008 16:17 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

It is not an item. It is just safe Lgo. You can collect millions without risking a loss and without making your armoury full.
People from zone 2 will enjoy this option:

Vicinity of the City 400 Lgo
Far journey 3000 Lgo
Pilgrimage to the Wastelands 8000 Lgo

BLOOD BANK Blood for people... blood for you. Medical care system has never been able to cope with need for blood if it were not for sacrifice of citizens.

BUILD
Costs: 500 000 Lgo, 500 litres of blood, 10 000 people
Requirements: HOSPITAL: 4
Building time: 2 hour(s)
Effect: production of Hospital increased by +10 %

01-12-2008 16:19 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Windlicht

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ohhhhhh I think I get it now O_O so junk doesn't take up armoury space either?
01-12-2008 16:37 Windlicht is offline Search for Posts by Windlicht Add Windlicht to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

no.

01-12-2008 16:38 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Good idea, cause building buildings requires a lot of Lgo but we were not able to save any. Finally.

01-12-2008 19:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The Polish message has just been corrected.

01-12-2008 20:30 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
sleepezy

Registration Date: 10-22-2007

whopee, even more power to the stronger clans, great Roll Eyes
01-13-2008 12:38 sleepezy is offline Search for Posts by sleepezy Add sleepezy to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

... this has nothing to do with clans.

01-13-2008 14:26 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
sleepezy

first thoughts, every thing is great as we can protect lgo

next thoughts - how are you going to build a new square from scratch? it costs about 500k lgo to build a reasonable square in z4 from scratch. some players may have enough saved up but lots won't.

even if you do have sufficient savings, there's a much greater incentive to take over a square instead of spending precious, and now much harder to come by, resources.

therefore the clans are more likely to take over a square to avoid spending lgo and there's not much we can do to stop the top 3 - 4 clans

the target losing the square is now unable to gain sufficient lgo to rebuild as everybody has protected their own

i lost my square a couple of weeks ago to a vamp who joined the clan and then immediately took over my square - it took 2 well aimed hits to get sufficient lgo and 24 hours of building to roughly get back to where i was.

now everybody is protecting their lgo you simply will not be able to get resources to rebuild a square

i know you could protect lgo before by buying and selling equipment, but hardly anybody did. now every active player that i know and chat with is fully protecting their lgo. inactive vamps who wont protect their lgo hardly have any left anyway

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sleepezy: 01-13-2008 15:38.

01-13-2008 15:38 sleepezy is offline Search for Posts by sleepezy Add sleepezy to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

inactive vampires will still regain Lgo continuously.

and if youre so concerned about moving costing so much, dont move.

This thread is about what junk does, so dont try to turn it around to be about clans.

01-13-2008 15:44 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
sleepezy

i'm not planning on moving, it's being moved involuntarily that worries me.

inactives hardly accumulate resources at a rapid rate!

i thought this thread was about matters regarding patch v.1.0.0.5 and its impact on the game system?
01-13-2008 15:51 sleepezy is offline Search for Posts by sleepezy Add sleepezy to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by draculaisemo
Woo I like the look of this one but not sure how it works
help?

not in tute either.

x]

I wanted definition of how to use.

quote:
Added possibility to buy and sell junk in the shop and to trade it with other players.

this is patch, all it is is the junk bit.

Not impact, not clans.

01-13-2008 15:53 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

draculaisemo this thread is about patch 1.0.0.5 ... and sleepezy got a good point there! it might be possible to get a good square in zone 4 but in zone 3 nearly all squares are taken by members of the top 5 clans... except from free squares. And as building up a square will be very expensive now unless you find some nice player to loot. squares will simply be taken over and protected. Higher lvl players couldn't simple buy and sell expensive items due to a full armoury ( i think e.g. mortis knows what i'm talking about ) but now they simply buy junk and the problem is solved...
Anyway i welcome junk as a nice way to save up money. But as patches are implemented when do lvl requirements get changed ?

created by Dontmess
01-13-2008 15:54 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

levels is patch 1.1.0.0

Clearly you know my intentions better than I do - I should know what this thread is about, i made it.

Also you are in zone 3 anyway.

01-13-2008 15:56 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
sleepezy

well it's your thread so i guess you have the right to decide what gets discussed in it

i appear to have narked you off by trying to stimulate a discussion in the thread - narking you off wasn't my intention, so i apologise for doing so - but i did think it was a good place to do so given the title/location of the thread

i'm not sure the patch is just re junk but clearly need to discuss that elsewhere
01-13-2008 16:00 sleepezy is offline Search for Posts by sleepezy Add sleepezy to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

There's no need to apologize, I was already f**ked off, and i suppose to make another thread about it would be silly.

Apologies to you & DarkOne.

Feel free to ... discuss.

01-13-2008 16:05 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thumb Up! Thoughts on junk.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great idea... no matter what level you're at; it's like investment banking with a high cost of interest on your return! Tongue
Seriously... two points I wanted to make:-

1) If everyone is currently investing in junk to conserve their cash reserves, then it will obviously lower the cash wins from ambushes & sieges. Which will make cash harder to find through attacks, no?
2) If this is the case, would it be a better bit of game play to make the rate of purchase & return on junk fluctuate just like a real market place system - the more junk is bought (as in across the whole community), the lower the rate of return & vice versa. This might help stop the very wealthy being able to hide their money in junk; while also allowing the not so wealthy players to keep a senisble stockpile. This would add an interesting "risk" to purchasing junk - buy & sell it at the right time & you could make a small fortune! hahaha

Aside from this small suggestion - which does hinge on whether people wpuld be interested in this kind of element being added to the game & whether it is possible to implement - I think this current patch is great; well done on the ingenuity of it.

I'm off to invest all my bloodsoaked earnings in a massive pile of scrap metal. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-13-2008 17:19 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

is a pretty crap idea but would be ok idea if auctioning junk would not affect you auctioning items i.e you can sell junk at same time as items but you cant sell two items at the same time Wink
01-13-2008 17:48 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Okay, just want to make sure I have this right.
Junk is like saving money for a rainy day. If you're low on resources you can sell it off. It also allows you to trade, once you buy four pieces and auction it off. It doesn't take up space in the armory and you can buy a bunch and auction it off for stones, or sell it to get back lost money.
Am I right or way off??

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-13-2008 21:00 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Yes Lysandra you got it right.

At first I thought it's great idea, but now I think it will hinder the gameplay. I had problems with Lgo before, but now it will be impossible for me to get some by ambush, because everyone will be banking them through Junk. Lower ranked players are still in reach of even lower lvl players, but these reserves will dry soon as all active players will bank their Lgo. Yes, they can attack inactives, but their resources will not regenate fast enough to cover the demand.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-13-2008 22:52 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
draculaisemo
Lord

There is still a way to get money, this is by selling useless items found on quest or expedition.

I think perhaps junk should cost more, e.g. 50 000?

I have just noticed there is a maximum auction price on junk of (peices*0.5)*BS...

01-13-2008 23:06 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Unfortunately that method of getting lgo depends on 2 things ..... luck on quests (at times, even with 90% on all vicinity quests I get a run of failures far in excess of the average) and luck on getting items that will sell for more than 100-500 lgo (again something which happens more often than not).

I agree with Mortis that it will hinder gameplay and slow down progress within the game, yet without having looked at the problem in minute detail I cannot see a way past it. Introducing lgo% caps in junk would not work as players balances fluctuate with every purchase, quest, taxi use, etc.

I don't think this idea has been thought out to its fullest extent, and introducing it into the game without this forethought may have been a little premature at best.

01-13-2008 23:22 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

and who does not need desperately money to build its squares ... can protect the good squares the top clans ... i'm not complaining ... but i agree with mortis and gendibal

created by Dontmess
01-13-2008 23:48 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I personally think the factor that needs to be thought about a lot more in this update is how it's going to affect the bloodwars economy, as the money going round the active system is going to be primarily tied up in junk, making the fundamentals of the game (building, attacking and questing) very much harder:

For instance the lower players have no real problems because of the pool of inactive players down at the bottom end of the lists who will have a ready supply of cash, which should last for quite a while yet.

Similarly most of the top players have most of the upgrading and building they need done, and can add bits on 'as and when' they have the resources and equipment to do so, which can be done over an extended period of time .... no rush there.

The players that this is going to adversely affect are the mid level players who fall between these two categories ...... and this is going to create a 'bottleneck' buffer zone in the rankings, where the players below can race up with no problems, and the players above can open a severe gap before other players get the resources together to be able to compete (by which time it's too late and they won't be able to compete anyway).

All it is going to achieve is to open up bigger gaps in the rankings, and make the top positions more secure for their players ..... and even more unattainable for the 'up-and-comings' (I didn't actually think it was possible to make them more out of reach than they already were)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-14-2008 06:17.

01-14-2008 04:05 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
drax

Registration Date: 10-12-2007

Agreed with all the comments on making gold now a much harder commodity. Why not just have different grades of junk and randomly make it a drop. To keep some additional gold in the game allow pple to build up the junk they collect or cash late but not buy it in the shop with their own gold?
01-14-2008 05:28 drax is offline Search for Posts by drax Add drax to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch V1.0.0.5

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH