Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » The Tale of the Twins-COMPLETE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Who are your favourite characters?
Lysandra 19 25.00%
La puce 18 23.68%
DARK (as a clan) 10 13.16%
Llianna 8 10.53%
Popeye 6 7.89%
Raxis 5 6.58%
Raziel 4 5.26%
Lestat 3 3.95%
Azrael 2 2.63%
Vladimir 1 1.32%
Total: 76 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page The Tale of the Twins-COMPLETE 14 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 9.29
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

The Tale of the Twins-COMPLETE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So this is the story for me and my twin brother Lestat. He did help on some of this, I'm just better at this kind of thing then he is. Look to him for any art or music.

---------

I remember the day we decided to start the clan like it was yesterday. It was cold in the cave, the kind of cold that chills the bone and freezes the blood. Luckily, my twin brother and I could not feel the icy air. We hardly needed to breathe, only needing the rich blood of humans to survive. We had been wandering aimlessly for quite some time, attacking whoever we came across, when we felt the need to. No one had retaliated, the prospect of facing two vampires deterring most.

The sun had begun to rise, so we took shelter. Lestat sat across from me, guns at his sides, his black armour and blacker hair blending into the darkness of the cave, leaving the impression that only a floating face occupied the darkness. His blue eyes glowed in the opaque darkness, brighter than any time in our human years.

Our human years…three thousand years had passed since we could call ourselves mortal. But, it seemed sometimes that no time had passed at all. I remember the day that set everything in motion as if it was yesterday. We were six years old. I had just awoken at a friends’ house to find out that our parents were dead. Lestat had been at another friends’ house, giving our parents a night free from us. And what did they do? They got themselves killed. It hadn’t been their fault; really, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That memory led me onto the years that followed. It seemed no one wanted to adopt us, even our own extended family made excuses. For four years we went from orphanage to orphanage until finally, we were taken in. But, fate has a way of turning a positive thing rotten, like a worm in a juicy red apple.

Our new parents berated us, not physically, but mentally and emotionally. They used our ages to get pity from other family members and the government to get money. They used us when we became old enough to work, to get money. They took our wages and spent our hard earned money on their booze and their expenses. We moved two months before our eighteenth birthday. I’ve learned that fate has a way of kicking you when you finally get back up.

The war started shortly after and again, we were left homeless, this time because of fighting. We ran; that’s all we could have done. We did not stand and fight; we would have been killed either way and we did not want to die. We left the city taking with us not much more then the clothes on our backs, our distinctive skills and some money. Finally, fate smiled on us.

We had been travelling for months, exhausted from running and working with no permanent place to stay. One evening, bandits came upon us, threatening to kill us for what little we owned. We managed to fight them off for awhile, but soon they overwhelmed us. Suddenly, a blur of motion began tearing through their ranks. I had been struck in the head; Lestat was run through with a sword. We knew nothing; we thought we would never know again.

We woke to find ourselves alive and significantly more powerful than before. Our naturally alabaster skin was paler, our naturally bright blue eyes, unnaturally brighter and our untameable raven locks, manageable. We could see farther than ever before. We could smell the autumn air, and noticed it was filled with death. It dawned on us then what happened. We had become vampires.

The years passed swiftly. We busied ourselves with studying alchemy and magic. We learned how to use many different weapons, everything from the ancient bows and arrows to modern guns. Lestat developed a great weakness for these new weapons and began collecting every one he could find. He gathered a great collection and even now is biding his time before he brings out his ‘secret’ weapon. We watched in awe as the world grew from one of farming and tilling to one of technology. Just as swiftly as it arose, it was destroyed by the third world war.

“Lysandra?” Lestat asked. I woke from my thoughts, staring into a vaguely worried expression.

“Sorry Lestat. I was just thinking.” I replied. He nodded, knowing too well of my occasional ways of leaving the real world for one of memory and fantasy. He looks out of the cave and into the skies, barely visible from so far in the cave. A smile grew on his face and he laughed lightly.

“We’re really gonna do it, eh? We’re gonna get our family?” He asked, staring away from me. I laughed.

“Yes. A family of darkness.” I told him, sensing that the sun was long dead. The cave had been brighter when we first entered it. Now it was so dark, Lestat was reduced to a pair of blue eyes, hovering in front of me. He laughed again and stood. I followed suite and we left, two lone hunters on a new mission. A mission to gain the family we never had.

We brought forth our clan, the Family of Darkness. Our third, DeathJam, joined swiftly and others followed. We learned from them, they learned from us. We protected them when we could and they did the same. It seems now that after 3000 years, we have our family and I know; we will never let fate take that away from us again.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 02-21-2009 03:55.

01-14-2008 21:30 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yay, i was included (even though i coulda just messaged you ingame about this...)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
04-11-2008 23:44 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Lestat666

Registration Date: 07-19-2008
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ha..go sis. I remember that cave Wink

07-19-2008 03:59 Lestat666 is offline Search for Posts by Lestat666 Add Lestat666 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lysandra
Part Two Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:27.

07-19-2008 06:00 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

nice story.. continue

07-19-2008 15:56 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Lysandra
Viking

Part 3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:27.

07-19-2008 18:43 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Excellent work. It was riveting to read. Cant wait for part 4 Wink
07-19-2008 22:42 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Lysandra
Viking

Part 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:28.

07-20-2008 01:14 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
minshres
Viking

sweet.. continue

07-20-2008 10:41 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nemazis
Lord

Nice story, but was it necessary for bensux to shout JAM OF DEATH!!! >_<

Nevertheless, continue, it's great

I'm backety back back
07-20-2008 14:44 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

loving the introduce of me LOL, you are doing very well with this story Smile can't wait for the rest.
07-20-2008 15:18 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Part 5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:28.

07-20-2008 20:10 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007

very good, cant wait for the next bit, someone should really collect stories like this and put them into a book, very good reads.

im guessing you end with speech because it serves as a cliffhanger?
07-20-2008 20:17 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

nice nice continue.. cant wait for another part Smile

07-20-2008 21:16 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nemazis
Lord

You've GOTTA continue this, it's too good NOT to continue.

Also, lol @ shaz being dressed like a prostitute (or however you spell it)

I'm backety back back
07-20-2008 21:30 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

look forward to part 7 =)

07-20-2008 23:58 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

You really love your clanmates dont you?

Your imperfection.
07-21-2008 00:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

a clan leader is meant to love her clan members.
07-21-2008 00:21 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Yes. it was rhetorical

Your imperfection.
07-21-2008 00:28 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

yes I'm amping you all up for nothing...lol. Part six isnt ready yet and may not be ready for a bit yet. The weekend is over and work starts again tomorrow so I can't spend all day writing again. But thank you all for the comments and yes someone should gather all these and put them in some sort of book.
Be ready for a long one by the way there's a lot I have planned. And if anyone sees any errors in spelling, point them out. I want to correct them Smile

quote:

07-21-2008 02:52 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

nice1 lys, youre very good at discursive writing Smile Great story, and soz but i found a mistake, lol

gamecrow and bensux were fully "head" and conscious

U wanted 2 kno if there were mistakes, lol
07-21-2008 09:24 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008

Thumb Up! Given the Thread a 10/10 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW!!!!Big Grin
THATS SICK MATE!!!
YEAH ITs GOOD Big Grin
WANNA READ!!!
I LOVE THESE STORIES!!! its also kind of halarious that people are in it Big Grin
DUTIE KEEP IT UP!!!Big Grin I wanna read more Big Grin

Remember The Name...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nhan Ho: 07-21-2008 13:01.

07-21-2008 13:00 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Very good story so far. Keep it up. Smile

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-21-2008 19:49 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Lysandra
Viking

Edit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've edited part two to add more description. No major plots changes, I hint at things that may be important later. Subtle forshadowing is fun...lol.
and thanks Titan, I'll get to it eventually...lol

quote:

08-07-2008 03:42 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Hunt0r

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Great read I have to say. looking forward to the next part. Smile

08-07-2008 15:30 Hunt0r is offline Search for Posts by Hunt0r Add Hunt0r to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Lys now that Lestat is on the mend, can we expect you to start writing here again?

08-18-2008 05:56 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
minshres
Viking

i think she is editing it and as she said the next chapter is gonna be long so i guess it might take some time.. as she is busy with her work and all.. Frown

but still isnt it taking too long Frown

08-18-2008 19:46 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Lysandra
Viking

minshres hit the nail on the head there...lol
and yes the issues with Lestat and work have been taking time out from working on this. I have started editing part 2 and if I'm not busy tonight, the edited version will be up.
Tibit for the next chapter: about four more clan mates inroduced, two of those four come in by fighting Lestat and I Wink . The chapter after that one will be a basic summary with details on who came first. That will be the chapter where Lestat and I will dicuss our magic in full and talk about our lives in detail.
After that we'll be fighting the mobs.
Just as a note, only my clan mates will be used in this story, I'm not mentioning any other clans or other members. So if a person was a member of DARK or NIGHT, they will be mentioned. If not, they won't. If you would like a part in it in any way even if just your name is mention, message me in game with a basic decription of what you want to look like and tell me how far I can take your character. I don't want to write in someone as a bad guy then have them be angry at me for it. If I don't end up using your character, don't take offense, I probably couldn't find a way to fit you in. The story is based mainly on the characters-not the game itself, so don't expect expo monsters and clan wars between EOD and DARK or other things like that.

EDIT: Part three the edited version is up.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 08-19-2008 00:50.

08-18-2008 22:06 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Lysandra
Viking

Part Six Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:28.

08-22-2008 16:19 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007

very nice, interested in who the hooded figure is
thought at first it might be noob god, because of the several referances to noobs?
08-22-2008 16:28 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Aww your evil, lol u left it on a cliffhanger, lol

and i love the disclaimer type comment on the bottom, lmao
08-22-2008 16:50 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

nice Smile

but y????? y Crying did u leave it on a cliffhanger ??? i wanna read more Wink

08-22-2008 18:38 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
nice Smile

All writers do it, it makes you eagerly anticipate their next work of literature, so when they release it everyones like "OMG! At last!!!!" then they rush out and buy it Tongue
08-22-2008 18:51 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by liamb1992
quote:
Originally posted by minshres
nice Smile

All writers do it, it makes you eagerly anticipate their next work of literature, so when they release it everyones like "OMG! At last!!!!" then they rush out and buy it Tongue

Mini knows all this info because he got told that by his publisher Wink Nice work Lys Smile

08-22-2008 18:57 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BK

awww, I hate cliffhangers, this story is very interesting lys, good work

08-22-2008 21:17 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Part 7 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:29.

08-22-2008 21:56 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Lestat666

Registration Date: 07-19-2008

you make me sound lik a lunitic sis.... I LIKE IT *evil laugh*

08-24-2008 00:08 Lestat666 is offline Search for Posts by Lestat666 Add Lestat666 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Niceeeee xD cool fight and the end was clas Smile
08-24-2008 15:07 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Part 8 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*cleared*

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-28-2010 12:29.

08-25-2008 00:51 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Artoir.
Avenger

Very cool Smile

08-25-2008 01:19 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » The Tale of the Twins-COMPLETE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH