Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » edit profile » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page edit profile
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

edit profile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(bbcode enabled)

it states this is type of code is enabled during the edit profile function, yet you cant make links into directlinks on your profile page

ie Example
[ url=http://example.com]Example[/url]

i was wondering is this suposed to be the case, as i and many others would find that direct links would be much better if possible

bbcode usually allows it if im not mistaken

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 09-12-2009 11:53.

09-12-2009 11:52 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The bbcode which is enabled in the edit profile function is used only for cosmetic changes. Otherwise many players would put hidden links or a lot of images in their profiles.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

09-12-2009 12:24 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Agresiel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Agresiel
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thats not the reason, as people can do it on clan pages both public and not public sections

so its not becuase of that, otherwise you wouldnt be able to do it on clan pages

09-12-2009 12:29 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I'll check it with Konrad but imho it is a measure of security, it's easier to create an account with dangerous/advertising links in your profile than a clan as you need premium/lvl

And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

09-12-2009 20:57 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I'll check it with Konrad but imho it is a measure of security, it's easier to create an account with dangerous/advertising links in your profile than a clan as you need premium/lvl

And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

cool but a security shouldnt be a problem coz as i said it can still be done on clan pages

and if anything untoward were to happen im sure you would have yopur ban hammer ready to swing :p

re my sig, no update is needed as the word "over" means continued so it would stay applicable for many years to come Smile

09-14-2009 15:22 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Make it two years Wink

As Szeszej said, to gain access to the clan page you have to pay money. People who create account to advertise expect to do this for free.

09-14-2009 16:42 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Agresiel

there are 18000 accounts on bw on our server i doubt very much that anyone would be able to advertise anything within those 18000 accounts as only 3-4 tousand are active if that

how often do you traul through the 10000+ 1 point accounts looking for stuff not to mention the fact that if they really wannna advertise something its still possible in good old text anyway

basically people wouldnt be using it to advertise stuff coz of they would they would do it by now, doing it would make reading peoples acheivments a little bit easier and aid people to create a tidyer profile with perhaps links to possible sellers/buyers pages on the forum

surely the benifits outweigh the potential downside

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 09-14-2009 23:59.

09-14-2009 23:59 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

But how would you react to a link beginning with http://www.tinyurl.com ?
Would you trust anyone that this actually is a page with the player's achievments?
And how can you be sure that you can trust this person?

Those are the questions that prevent the Dev team from implementing something potentially dangerous. It doesn't matter how many active players there are. The potential is what matters.

09-15-2009 00:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Isnt there a way it can only work with;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...
and
http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?....

This way only Blood wars related stuff can be added to your profile in "links"
Some magical incodeing or something?

09-15-2009 15:30 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I'm sorry but this will not be changed

09-15-2009 21:59 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Agresiel

ok thanks for the reply and quite speedy too

maybe i will change my sig

09-15-2009 23:35 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I didn't want you to remove it just change "a year" to "two years+" Wink

Anyways thread closed

09-17-2009 00:40 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » edit profile

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH