Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.1 14 Votes - Average Rating: 5.64
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Per lvl or arcana used. I'm not sure about this "per round" thing because a band of cultists would go on an expedition and kill every monster they meet.

True. But I would rather have HP regen than the new arcana. Lets say I have 200 BP, so I can either regenerate for 8 or do 130 damage which is like one critical with my uzi (nearly). Imagine you're melee, why would you bother to do 130 damage if you can increase agility instead. It may be just my opinion but I think its pointless and useless.

quote:
Originally posted by fool
i think that culits get a big advage already
agilty if you want to be meele
extra health is good for any type
and now this one

HP regen is good, but most gunners like me will go for the new race. I can't efficiently use guns in expeditions because it is nearly impossible to get 110 perception, even with a disposable. Snipers have +25 perception (from tatoo) and usually use Sniper rifles which gives them another 9 (or10 or more) but Uzis and Scorpios have no bonuses at all. With Good ciclet of Precognition (+1), good shorts of shepherd (+1) and Hunters tuxedo of guardsman I can get 89 and thats without criticals. How the hell am I supposed to hit a beast like Phoenix or Hydra?!

For a long time I refused to believe that you either go melee or a sniper in this game or you're just lost. But it seems to be true. Sad.

02-15-2008 15:22 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

beastmasters extra attack is good but you can only us it once so at later levels it would lose it effective ness
02-17-2008 15:28 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
What about the additional attacks for beastmaster or working buildings and stealing agents for thoughtcatcher or expedition arcanas for absorber? They're all powerful.

This expedition arcana for absorbers better be good. Absorber is a pretty hard race because you don't get any bonuses to stats and i know that we have blocking and absorb arcana but they cost so much that we can't ever match up in arcana level to other races...And personally i don't see what can make up for our other bad arcanas....

02-17-2008 16:33 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
HellsAngel

Registration Date: 02-21-2008

Recent message from clan member, i agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ermm this game has to much that we have to work towards and not enough happening for members with 20-80ish (lvl 30-40) points... iv been playing this for a while now and iv read alot of things new coming to game and the only things ov any use was the auction lowered and clan armoury lowered (ov witch by that time i was high enough ranked anyway)

basicaly im trying to say, theres nothing new to keep ppl playing all those months to get to the "new" upgrades with the game. at this rate i dont think il still be playing this by the time i shuld finaly get to rank 50. we need incentive to keep us playin... something new, coz to be honest im gettin quite bored Frown

RavenStorm said this to the clan and some of us think the same...

Vampiro responded to say that 1.0.0.9 was just rubish, who needs a new layout wat is the point of it... again im afraid i have to agree.
iv also noticed that over 400-500 profiles have been deleted in the last week
02-21-2008 21:23 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

You know what, that is a great point my freind. Me and a few of my mates all started at the same time on this game cause we were board. So we gave it a go and we couldn't stop talking about it at first, but after about a month we got a bit tired and by now I am the only one left playing. So something really does need to be done to keep the interest of the early gamer. But yeah I think HellsAngel hit the nail right on the head.

02-22-2008 09:48 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
diablo

To defend BW, there is so much to look forward to. Plenty of expeditions. Upgraded items that we can't wear now, sets yet to complete. Elisabeth left because she got her dream equipment. How? I want a Diamond ring of Bat, Diamond Signet of Concentration and a Diamond chain of Pilgrim. And Bloody and Deadly sets as well.
Then of course I want the shiny badges.
And most of all, I want to prove (mainly to myself) that I can do expeditions with guns.

Are you guys still not motivated?

02-22-2008 14:06 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

yeh i agree. im not the best in the game, not in squire 1,1 still havnt got every badge, havnt done everytask, havnt got dream equipment or got full tatooe, so theres plenty of reasons to keep playing
02-22-2008 18:18 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

Yes there is that, but because it takes so long to get to anywhere in this game people are leaving... (and PoH for expeditions is very hard to get)
May and Vampiro666 are leaving they said, also KingCobra said he mite soon and they are highish ranked top 200.
theres alot to do in the game but i been playing for about2-3 months and i still havent killed the white dragon. maybe a little exp sould be gained in seiges and PoH a little easyer to gain.( altho imstrong for my lvl i have never had PoH)

and i think it will be a gd idea to open a new world with the upcoming 1.1 patch, that way all the undeleted 1pointers will be deleted and active members will have a new world to explore to keep there intrest of the game? Big Grin
02-22-2008 19:47 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by HellsAngel
Yes there is that, but because it takes so long to get to anywhere in this game people are leaving...
Thats why I still play. easy games get boring. Either that or I'm just a bit sick and like it the more difficult way Wink

02-23-2008 03:05 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

quote:
Originally posted by HellsAngel
and i think it will be a gd idea to open a new world with the upcoming 1.1 patch, that way all the undeleted 1pointers will be deleted and active members will have a new world to explore to keep there intrest of the game? Big Grin

There are still many things that the development team need to sort out before we even need to think about getting a new realm. What is the point of having an new realm if its just going to be corrupt and whatever and have exactly the same problems as this one does...

02-23-2008 08:34 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
What is the point of having an new realm if its just going to be corrupt and whatever and have exactly the same problems as this one does...

You've hit the nail on the head there scil, now all we have to do is figure out a way of getting the dev teams heads out of the sand long enough to acknowledge that the problems you refer to actually exist.

02-23-2008 10:59 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

sorry i didnt mean make the game easyer i ment that it would be nice to gain PoH and Exp a bit faster... i get 35-60Exp for my attacks and 30-35Exp for my normal quests, where as the top players gain 2-3 times that much. i gain a point every other day where as top players gain 2-3 points a day, at this rate i wont ever be able to catch up. i have a life outside this game and meny of us do. its a bit 1 sided, strong get stronger and the weaker run out of Lgo, Blood and People and get no where.
02-23-2008 14:38 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Thats something that has been commented on by quite a few people (including myself) for a long time, and still nothing has been done to balance the game out in any real way ...... as you say, there is no realistic way to catch up to the players x places above you, and that gets even less possible the further up the rankings you get.

02-23-2008 16:47 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

maybe the makers of the game think we'r in it for the FANTASTIC story line lol
(witch dont get me wrong is good)

eventualy the top players are going to make the gap on them selfs so high that the top 10 wont be able to attack each other an only be able to quest lol just a matter of time and who leaves the game
02-23-2008 18:23 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
diablo

Well, I get 1 point per day and managed to get from rank not-even-worth-mentioning to rank 12 The 2-3 point a day are when I start an expo and its successful (so not that often).
And now there is a 20 points gap between Hyperborean and me and another 20 points between me and Mortis. Its been there for quite a long time and it looks we all progress ant the same speed.

02-23-2008 19:26 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

this game has some things to aim for but most people do not lke long term games
i almost quit and i like games with something to aim for
02-23-2008 22:30 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

games that are too easy suck... when i first started this game i got attacked twice a day by countless amounts of people... i got annoyed and strived to be better than them... now those same people are 5-15 points behind me and even if i get attacked by higher people than me i get a result that makes tham not do it again.... the story line is good...

well the point im trying to make is that getting "bullied" by stronger people than you makes the game worth playing because you want to get better to out do the bullies....

extra features must be strived for or its not worth having...

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-24-2008 01:47 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

would still be nice to gain a tinie bit of exp for killing in a seige tho Big Grin

and i agree that things do need to be worked towards and earned, but sometimes they seem a very long way off... i injoy a chalenge and i dont mind wen people attack me (as you said UG3, makes you work harder to catch them up) but wen you get farmed by sertan people lvl 55 witch you have no hope of catching it gets annying spec wen you dont have any blood for attacks and people for expeditions (witch dont concern me at tho mo as iv never had PoH in the 1st place lol)
02-24-2008 02:52 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by HellsAngel
would still be nice to gain a tinie bit of exp for killing in a seige tho Big Grin

I have to say i completely disagree

If this were the case, the top clans would steamroll the weaker ones constantly, and im not being biased here, I'm in the Dark Brotherhood

I've been playing the game for about 4 months now and even though i couldnt activate my board account until today, ive been watching the threads closely.

The Dev's do know what theyre doing with regards to the basics of the game (how exp is gained for example), but i strongly agree with Gendibal and the others what may work perfectly on the Polish servers doesn't always work here

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 02-24-2008 04:28.

02-24-2008 04:26 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

and on the french server you can buy guns...:S

im glad thats not allowed on this server because poeople would just buy them to destroy for nanites..... i agree that you should get exp for seiges but only if its fair..... exp , i think should only be awarded to sieges that you would normally get PoH from.... that way the defender has a chance af fighting back

quote:

Smile

02-24-2008 11:26 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

yeah fair exp is wat i ment... for example like the way the expeditions are worked out. if a 400 pointer killed a 50 pointer they get 0Exp but if a 50 pointer killed another 50pointer they should gain 30Exp and 50 kill 60 pnter, should gain 35-40Exp and so on like in ambushes. (but maybe not as much exp?)

seiging is a big part of the game and take such a long time to do and wait for your next. and now that we have junk the only time we seige is for resorces... if exp was brought into it then i think it would do that part of this game a gr8 deal of good Smile
02-24-2008 21:51 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I agree with that in part, but there is one thing I would have to ask.

Due to the random nature of the attacks within a siege it would make exp gain almost impossible apart from in the higher ranks (Ususally in a siege, due to there being more lower than higher level players involved, I can be almost guaranteed at least 1 kill in my first 2 hits). Most sieges end with the higher level players slugging it out between them, and this would add to the exp imbalance in the long run (in my opinion of course).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-24-2008 22:18.

02-24-2008 22:18 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

but theres still a chance that low members kill the low members on the opposing side, it happens alot... and as i said above, if they mk it like expos then if you ranked 2 high you wont gain Exp for killing low members... and also if they made it so that you gain exp like PoH then it wouldnt be a problem (with a little more leay way)

that way every1 can gain at the same pace and have the oppotunity to gain rank faster... plus its an incentave for those who havent killed a dragon yet, cuz thats where it really begins. Tongue
02-25-2008 01:01 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
Blondie

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: DB

U know it took me nearly 3 month after the hop where introduced to get my first HoPs. Nobody said its easy and y should all of u have it easier than us? Ok we have the advantage of starting earlier but it took us very long time to get there where we r now. Yes I think that there should be something done that the lower players still can have their fun but do u know how hard it is? Dunno if the programmers of this game get enough money to live without work. I think they have their full time job + Rl. So they cant spend 8h a day to introduce something. Then u have to be careful that u dont create bugs (like the last time with the login problem which was fixed very quick).

Of course Im happy to see new ppl under the top 50 but y do u want to be in the top 50 after just a few Months what took us nealry 9 - 12 months? U all moan that its to hard to reach the top 50...but it is the top 50 so u need to be good to get into it and stay there. U need to give them time, u cannot change a game in a night.

So long text short...it wasnt easy for us at the start as well. I cant wait for the 1.1 and hope that it will not bring any bugs with it. After the 1.1 i hope as well that they will bring something new for the lower players. But dont say that its to hard for u cos every1 here had the same problems at the start. Wink

(OO''\ (||||) (||||) /''OO)
02-27-2008 13:01 Blondie is offline Search for Posts by Blondie Add Blondie to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

New ranking systems? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If so many people are obsessed about being in the top 50 then maybe we need other ranking systems in addition to just the Vamp with the highest points which only a handful will ever compete for?

I would suggest a Kills this week/month leaderboard for successful ambushes, a successful questing leaderboard and a successful expeditions leaderboard. You could also add a money or blood league.

As well as a weekly/monthly ranking there could be an all time records table (hall of fame?) - Ideally we could have records for number of successive victories but this might be taking it a bit too far!

This could be ranked by both individuals and clans which will get competition going.

I dont think ther eshould be any reward for being top of any of these leagues apart from the satisfaction of getting your name on there!

To save on server processing maybe these should be only updated weekly?

Any comments?

02-27-2008 13:32 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i saw this at the bottom of the introduction page...

Coming soon:

* tournament with valuable prizes

how soon .... would some1 please clear that up for me....

(introduction page at the login screen)

quote:

Smile

02-27-2008 13:52 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

RE: New ranking systems? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimferatu
If so many people are obsessed about being in the top 50 then maybe we need other ranking systems in addition to just the Vamp with the highest points which only a handful will ever compete for?

I would suggest a Kills this week/month leaderboard for successful ambushes, a successful questing leaderboard and a successful expeditions leaderboard. You could also add a money or blood league.

As well as a weekly/monthly ranking there could be an all time records table (hall of fame?) - Ideally we could have records for number of successive victories but this might be taking it a bit too far!

This could be ranked by both individuals and clans which will get competition going.

I dont think ther eshould be any reward for being top of any of these leagues apart from the satisfaction of getting your name on there!

Any comments?

Theres definitely something along these lines SOMEWHERE on the forum, came across it a while back.

Had stats such as highest dmg ever dealt with 1-h melee for example, as well as resources, sieges etc

Probably in Mishmash or Off-Topic?

02-27-2008 14:58 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

RE: New ranking systems? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
Originally posted by Jimferatu

Any comments?

Theres definitely something along these lines SOMEWHERE on the forum, came across it a while back.

Had stats such as highest dmg ever dealt with 1-h melee for example, as well as resources, sieges etc

Probably in Mishmash or Off-Topic?

I would much rather the admins sort out the balancement of the game than spending all their time creating an unnecessary extra which doesnt really help anyone....

Also Artoir, I think you mean Underworld Records?

02-27-2008 15:59 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

My apologies, yes its in the Trophy Hall

But its all hand written, were you talking about an automated ranking system Jimferatu?

If you were, you have to take into consideration the ranking updates already in place.

Usually they take no more than 30 seconds, but can you imagine what it would be like if they were measuring kills, quests, expos, money and blood?

02-27-2008 16:05 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

It would be practically impossible for it to be automated because it would have to go through EVERY attack, and by my estimate that would be around 3-10?k ambushes every day. Again I would rather have a balanced game Smile

02-27-2008 16:22 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

As i mentioned in a recent post elsewhere, i would love to know whether the Admin have anything of significance lined up or will we just be getting more buttons..

02-27-2008 16:28 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

I think they have quite a bit lined up ...... but as far as I can see nothing that will really impact the imbalances in the game, which is what should really be a priority given that more and more players are noticing them now.

02-27-2008 16:53 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Problem is no one seems to notice the forums, so as far as Admin are concerned, only a small minority of the players are unhappy

02-27-2008 16:55 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

Yeah, but as long as it's the gobby ones, we should eventually get noticed Big Grin

02-27-2008 16:57 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

quote:
should

Yeahh, with heavy stress on the 'should' Tongue

02-27-2008 17:04 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

You are (with the stress on the word 'are') noticed Smile . But until patch 1.1 is live I wouldn't expect any major upgrades to the game or rebalancing (small patches will still be relased).

02-28-2008 01:15 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
HellsAngel

just to reply to blondie..... i dont want to go up the rankings faster i just would like this game to go at a slightly faster pace. and wat i sugested earlyer would benifit everybody. (high rank snobs and us lower levels) lol

i think that keeping a new rank table will be fun tho, Wins over Losses ratio or something? or top 50-100 defencive and offencive Exp pulls?

and i do have to agree with artoir. the recent upgrades are just like the last 50, just getting lazyer ways of pressing buttons and nothing new. i know that patch 1.1 is something to work towards, and im looking forward to getting there eventually, but i dont think im beeing too greedy by asking for a small bit of exp from seiges or something to spice it up a bit, seiging is almost irelivant apart from PoH and moving square now junk is avalible.
02-29-2008 06:27 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

when will this be implemented?
03-01-2008 21:40 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

After it's been tested out on the Polish servers ..... as usual

03-01-2008 22:16 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

do they ever test any thing here?
03-02-2008 16:24 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH