Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.1 14 Votes - Average Rating: 5.64
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't be silly, the admins test it all on the Polish servers then implement it here afterwards ..... because of course 'if it works on the Polish servers, then it is usre to work here' (NOT!)

03-02-2008 17:13 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, as far as I remember they have their own test server and the tests are closed so not everybody can test the new updates.

They usually implement new patches on polish servers several hours before the english ones. If during those several hours there are some complications then the implementation of the patch here is postponed.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-02-2008 17:30 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gendibal
Viking

but if we get complications after its implemented here, then we have to make do until the next patch

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-02-2008 18:19.

03-02-2008 18:19 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

Sorry if this has already been answered but..

The new races arcana it says +7 damage after hp below 35% 40bp/level

If i do level 2 of it, does it make it +14 damage when hp is below 35% or does the damage stay the same, but the hp bit goes up to 40% or what?

03-08-2008 12:19 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by GrimTale
Sorry if this has already been answered but..

The new races arcana it says +7 damage after hp below 35% 40bp/level

If i do level 2 of it, does it make it +14 damage when hp is below 35% or does the damage stay the same, but the hp bit goes up to 40% or what?

I would say that the effect will stack, so level 2 would grant +14 damage when HP<35%

03-08-2008 17:36 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Not bad then. Would mean i can add on 35 damage when hp is that low. Cool

03-08-2008 18:19 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
HellsAngel

Registration Date: 02-21-2008

it doesnt really matter wat any of it does to be honest, this game takes to long to get anywhere. maybe the top players will continue playing, but us lower rankedare getting fed up chasin unrealistic aims.... not every1 can be arsed to play online games 24h a day (even if we did we will never have a chance to get top) this isnt a skill based game its just time consuming!!! and frankly im fed up so im leaving.

By the way the makers ov this game are wankers and will never change anything to make this more enjoyable as long as they make money out of it. was a fun game to start with but i realised flaws that only us gamers realised and im finaly guna stick my middle finger up and fuck off.

wont suprise me if they delete this tab lol

(no offence intednded just frustrated)
03-11-2008 22:59 HellsAngel is offline Search for Posts by HellsAngel Add HellsAngel to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Race in game: Absorber

another one

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-12-2008 01:09 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Right, it has been 9 and a half weeks since date of posting Szeszej, any information on how the tests have gone?

03-21-2008 09:28 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

Nothing new yet, but as soon as I get more information it'll be posted here.

03-21-2008 10:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=02c1825dca

Guns first, agility follows Smile
Does it mean we got the upgrade but were not told about it?

04-01-2008 08:46 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

The ranged people fight first!

How DARE logic be applied when the status quo suited my style of play better Tongue

Don't worry Diablo! I'm still working on my Dodging Bullets tattoo Wink

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-01-2008 15:26 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
galahad

Registration Date: 04-01-2008

RE: Patch 1.1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Guns 2h - +1attack, dmg +20%
Guns 1h - chance to hit *1,35, dmg +30%
Melee 1h - critical strike +10%, dodge +5%
Melee 2h - critical strike +25%, chance to hit *1,25
Ranged - critical strike chance *5

i think that two melee is very good guns 1h very weak Happy )
04-03-2008 09:55 galahad is offline Search for Posts by galahad Add galahad to your Buddy List
diablo

@ galahad: What did you expect? A balanced patch? LOL

I explained earlier that one and two handed melee weapons are superior to guns or ranged. +30% damage on Scorpio? Oh, thanks!

Scorpio (+5)
One-handed gun
Damage: 8 - 20

Legendary Scorpio (+5)
One-handed gun
Damage: 10 - 26

Melee 1h - critical strike +10%, dodge +5%
Melee 2h - critical strike +25%, chance to hit *1,25

Just imagine Blodsugare, Vlade or Cezarz with Legendary weapons.... and of course +1 attack for Beastmasters.

Oh, and thanks for the new Cultist arcana. Its nice and pointless.

PS: Why bother, by the time the patch will be ready half of the people here will be gone anyway.

04-03-2008 13:26 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:

PS: Why bother, by the time the patch will be ready half of the people here will be gone anyway.

Apart from tweaks the patch is ready ...... and each tweak will be tailored to the server it's being tested on and the playerbase that are testing it. Which server and playerbase are those I wonder?

And think carefully about this one dev team ...... just look at who made the comment about people leaving there. Diablo has always been one of the eternal optimists about your patches, but it seems that even optimism has some limits ..... and you appear to have reached and passed those.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 04-03-2008 15:14.

04-03-2008 15:11 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
kraftie
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-18-2007

quote:
Originally posted by HellsAngel

[color-blue] this isnt a skill based game its just time consuming!!!

To be honest it isnt, its a game where whoever has the best items win but the better items are limited by stats and the only way to get better stats is to go up levels and to go up levels you need to gain exp and the fasted way to gain exp is to do succesful expeditions.

In the past I've had little moans but as you get stronger you can see passed the smaller flaws like the expedition monsters and ranking. You dont go to work and say I'm not working because its time consuming so grow up play if you want if you dont you dont, thers no need to broad cast how small minded you are to us.

Sorry about the necropost but its stupid

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kraftie: 04-03-2008 16:42.

04-03-2008 16:41 kraftie is offline Search for Posts by kraftie Add kraftie to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Ranged - critical strike chance *5

ok this totally sucks for 2 reasons:

1. ranged only get 1 bonus where every other weapon gets two
2. if anything ranged need a damage bonus because no parameter increases it's damage.

04-05-2008 13:06 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

If not damage, ranged would need an even higher defense avoid (instead of 1/4th maybe 1/6th).

Because really, before the bonuses I was really thinking of going for hunter's tatoos. But as I am a beastmaster (and adding one attackif you weapon does fez damage is not all taht useful at high level) from these bonuses I will definetely go back to my first idea of blacknight (I don't like one handed, it is too common)
04-05-2008 13:15 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Mlarinon
If not damage, ranged would need an even higher defense avoid (instead of 1/4th maybe 1/6th).
That would make it actually less Smile
5 times more critical chance seems good enough to me, but I didn't use ranged for a long time.

04-05-2008 15:57 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Still unfair the rest get 2, and it would seem fair to you, you aren't a ranger

I've used ranged since i started and it's alot tougher because of the damage staying the same unless you get a damage increasing pre/suffix.

Yeah we may get damage *3 when critical hits, but 2 handed melee get *4, and theyre going to get extra chance to get the critical AND more chance to hit, not to mention their damage get's increased by strength in the first place.

I just think the people who're making this game are really trying to back ranged equipment into a corner to make no one use them.

EDIT: one mroe note, max critical chance is 85, so we only need less then 20% chance to critical for us to reach the max.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrimTale: 04-05-2008 17:54.

04-05-2008 17:53 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Now really, I'm hoping someone's going to say "You're wrong, you missed.."

But

Am I correct in reading

The new arcana for absorber is this:

Absorber= additional expedition arcana.

ABSORBER'S ARCANA IS USELESS IN EXPEDITIONS!!!

04-06-2008 20:47 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

You're wrong. You missed... Wink Jokes. But seriously you are wrong. Absorbers arcana is crap in expo's atm so we get new arcana which is just for us and is the best (hopefully) for expos Wink

04-06-2008 21:01 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

Aaaah ok

I misunderstood.

I was under the impression we got extra Silence of Blood for expos Roll Eyes

I hope it's damn good, with BM getting an extra attack we deserve something of significance

04-06-2008 21:07 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
theheraldofogc
Viking

Mwhahahahaha!

What is your meagre Absorber arcana going to be that will surpass an extra shot with a Sniper Rifle in an Expo?

I'll tell you what! Reduces monster defence (expedition only). It's only a guess, but if it is that then when it comes to Sniper Rifles we would still rule, but you can actually use other weapons then. Hunting Rifle ftw!

Another possibility would be absorbing Agility and Perception (expo only) at great expence but it would a) close the gap between you, b) make an Absorber essential for any expo team, and c) make Absorber teams ooze pure win on an expo.

You watch though, it'll be something crappy and near useless even if it is better then nothing. But then, I'm not on the dev team (although maybe I should be...).

04-07-2008 00:55 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
diablo

It can't be worse than Cultist's 'Searing Blood'
Thoughtcatchers will finally get better in expos and sieges, Beastmasters will be only beatable by absorbers (with blood) and cultists will entertain the server with 200 damage in first round and no regeneration Big Grin
Furthermore, once we (or they) get legendary weapons nobody would dare to say the name Vlade without fear, Blodsugare will become a semi-god and I will be shooting my guns on ranged players because they can't increase damage. Sounds good Big Grin

BTW, can we expect the patch before christmas?

(am I in a jolly mood today...)

04-07-2008 11:15 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

You just saw what the 1.0.1 means for you ;P

How happy will you be if an expo mob drops a naturally perfect Uzi? Perfect is possible on the higher expeditions and with a higher drop rate...

Back on topic before Evan catches me again: the more I think about the lack of Race bonus for Beastmaster the more annoyed I get. Have we been written off as melee only now? I know I was the one who pointed out the expo potential but I expect the nancy-boy-easy-level-player Absorbers new arcana to rain on that parade.

Thoughtcatchers have high luck. Better item drops, better chances it riches. With a better arcana they can now make full use of it too.

Cultists have a luck bonus too and a Blood Point boost for their good arcana (I'm going to watch and see with this new one. I reckon you can build around it as a ranged 'kill anything').

Absorbers get everything before us AND a health boost. Although I'm sure when we're all level 100 we'll all level out and can make up for lost time in 5 years or so.

And what bonuses will the new race get?

So what about us? We getting handed the golden ticket of melee but can't keep up with the other races to use it? And remember we do well in ambushes off our sickening strength which the new attack castrates.

04-07-2008 13:44 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
diablo

Not melee only. Imagine Zeruel with 4 attacks with a Shotgun (while keeping his deadly criticals).
If there would be a new server opening I would do something similar to Zeruels charaxcter but with 1h guns and collector tattoos.

04-07-2008 22:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Whoops! Misconstrued my arguement. I meant Ambushes in general handed to us on a platter.

I was wondering just how much this arcana is worth if we don't get anything else while the other races get an even greater boost on top of their head start.

Are we that dangerous people NEED the head start? Storywise I suppose it suits the fact we're feral mentals. We're still working out which end of the stick is pointy while everyone works on building their empire.

Then when we finally work it out we eat them Wink

04-08-2008 00:26 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

So Dev's ... any chance you'll be telling us what the new races traits are going to be??

Yeah we aren't getting the patch on our server yet, but it'd be nice to know everything about the new race so we can start to ponder if we would want to change it.

04-17-2008 22:47 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
diablo

NEW RACES
In the second act your char will be able to grow in power and aquire new arcana, but you'll have to find out how to do it. Smile

Cursed one= vampire race which originates from Carpatian Mountains. It is said that the creator of it was Vlad Drakos, croatian reeve who wanted to hide his repulsive appearance by burying himself far away from people where he was changed by one of the elder vampires. All of his descendants take after his strange mutations which change them into hideous beasts.
Nighthunter - 1 perception/20bp
Deathbreath - +7 dmg when HP<35%, cost 40bp/lvl
Horror - both sides have 0 reputation and 0 charisma during the fight. Cost 80 bp. You are immune to the Punishment effect. (max 1 lvl)

It's in the first post.

If you mean raciat traits as far as I know they are unknown.

How about : luck +5 chance for critical hit +5% ?

04-18-2008 02:41 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
If you mean raciat traits as far as I know they are unknown.

That's what i meant, if it's getting tested on polish server then they must know the racial traits, wondered if you could tell us.

04-18-2008 16:48 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Artoir.
Avenger

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just pondering, for those of you over the level 50 mark, who will be going to the second act straight away?

04-20-2008 14:57 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

I would, but I can't as I haven't done all the pilgrimages Frown

04-20-2008 14:58 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

just wondering, im not sure if this has been asked yet, bet do we no a date for when this patch is going live yet?
also in the second act will the other races get additionel racial traits, like the races on the second french server?
04-20-2008 15:41 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
diablo

Since the date was not announced yet, we dont know.
A good question with the racial traits.

04-20-2008 15:55 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Just pondering, for those of you over the level 50 mark, who will be going to the second act straight away?

I guess i will

04-24-2008 08:51 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

ok then Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we dont know when the tests will be or when the implementation of the patch in the uk will be
but ne ideas what the new absorber arcana will be or is that still being thought up?
04-26-2008 16:01 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

quote:
TESTS BEGIN IN 5 WEEKS TIME

And

No, we dont, otherwise we would all be talking about it or you would see a post about what it will definately be Wink

04-26-2008 17:27 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

ok then Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cheers for tht
ok then ill keep an eye out for it then
04-26-2008 17:31 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Szeszej, any news on the testing / release date? Smile Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-02-2008 08:30 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH