Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.1 14 Votes - Average Rating: 5.64
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir
What the hell is luck going to do in an expo?

Luck increases chance of critical...
quote:
chance for critical hit – depends on luck and items with special attribute “critical hit, also it may be increased using tattoos
...from the Tutorial. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 08-28-2008 08:35.

08-28-2008 08:35 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rather what the hell we need a luck arcana for? Very likely to use it on quests... not

Either way, incase anyone is curious what a legendary item looks like...

an example for a legendary 2 hander...

Legendary Serrated Mace (+3)

Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 32 - 49
Effects: Chance to hit -19, AGILITY +9, weapon damage +10, chance for critical hit with weapon +25 %, chance to hit with weapon increased by 25 %
Requirements: LEVEL: 12, STRENGTH: 20, INTELLIGENCE: 11, WISDOM: 7, Must be in act: 2

Considering the chances for these items to drop, I can't say I am overly thrilled with the prospect but well, each to their own I guess.
08-28-2008 08:53 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by Shasu
Rather what the hell we need a luck arcana for? Very likely to use it on quests... not

Well, I'm an Absorber, and I like the idea of getting extra luck if it increases my critical hits. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
08-28-2008 08:57 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

so the absorber is getting another pathetic use of our blood. why can't we get something decent. maybe 1 that stops the mobs from going berzerk now that would b useful

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
08-28-2008 09:16 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

lol thats dam gd one icecold... us absorber defo need a arcana that comes in handy at expo

08-28-2008 10:02 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Meh. Before I read your post Artoir I was actually thinking about staying an absorber. I thought that the 'Expo' arcama might actually help us, making clans want us to help them in expos because it would stop the mobs going beserk or something. Even if it wasn't that, I was looking forward to getting an extra attack from a beastmaster. Now I can't do that, I'm definately changing. In my eyes for a gunner, It's get changing or you haven't got a hope in hell to progress.

08-28-2008 10:58 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i suppose the chance for critical does help a bit
but 0.75% isn't a lot
the beastmasters new ability is rubbish why not with guns
although the other abiltys kinda make you be melle
08-28-2008 11:17 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

And still, no patch. For how long now?

I'm curios whether Zeruel changes his race if he can't benefit drom the new arcana.

Edit: 0.75% per level, thats not bad at all.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 08-28-2008 11:42.

08-28-2008 11:42 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

That arcana is only useful for non snipers. Snipers get max easily. I don't even need my tattoo bonus for max crit. And anyway, who can afford the blood to use arcana anyway?

08-28-2008 11:50 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
diablo

Then use armor of speed, it will give you one more attack, but -46% chance for criticals, then you'll need your tatoo and the new arcana as well Wink

Who can afford arcana? Everyone, especially in expos.

08-28-2008 12:18 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
quote:

That arcana is only useful for non snipers. Snipers get max easily. I don't even need my tattoo bonus for max crit. And anyway, who can afford the blood to use arcana anyway?

Isn't it rather a question of wanting to spend blood on it? The blood situation is tight in the upper levels but if I can be a BM I wouldn't mind spending that BPs for the 1 or 2 fights/expos/sieges where it will give the definite edge.
Quite honestly, that arcana is so overpowered it ain't even funny. And I can't really believe there are many BMs using guns/ranged, if so the next question would be "why being a BM?"
Just imagine a BM BK with some odd mace clubbing you with 5 attacks (2 mace, 1 tatoo, 1 speed, 1 arcana) ... and some people say Melee do too much damage in comparison ... well least the gap will widen now even more ;p
08-28-2008 12:26 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

speed can give 2
2h is realy overpowered even compared to everything else
it has high damge and critical
08-28-2008 12:36 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Yes diablo, that's all when and good. If you ARE a sniper. But what about absorbers that don't use guns? If a beastmaster is coming at me with two extra attacks, waving a 4 leaf clover in front of him isn't going to do much.

Why on earth did they pomp it up as Expo Arcana anyway? It's just as effective/ineffective in all areas of combat?

08-28-2008 12:45 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

quote:
And still, no patch. For how long now?

I'm curios whether Zeruel changes his race if he can't benefit drom the new arcana.

Still some bugs are being reported on the polish servers. As soon as the Dev Team repairs the biggest bugs they will release the patch here.

And I don't think Zeruel will change his race, he's been inactive in the game for 34 days now and on polish forum he has the word "Retired" in his signature... I think that's why Scillage got his promotion Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-28-2008 12:52 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
diablo

Thanks for the info Evangelion. Finally some more specific news.

A pity, I liked the way Zeruel build his character.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 08-28-2008 13:02.

08-28-2008 13:02 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by icecold
so the absorber is getting another pathetic use of our blood. why can't we get something decent. maybe 1 that stops the mobs from going berzerk now that would b useful

Might be a bit late to reply but on the PL servers after implementing Patch 1,1 they stopped crazy phoenixs because they couldn't have done that here...

And BM arcanum is overpowered, like 2h melee but it relies on criticals and if you can't get them your messed because 5 attacks is all good but if you're doing 100 per that's useless*ish* Tongue But i'm not complanining because I am a BM lol don't like it join us.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-28-2008 21:59.

08-28-2008 21:58 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Diablo you still didn't answer my question?

08-28-2008 23:46 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aidensixx
[quote]Originally posted by Raxis

I'm not sure what I think of the new race, because it sorta forces you to become them if you aren't melee

lets hypothetically say im a absorber who uses guns
if i change to new race i can be even better with guns than i am now
if i stay absorber and get attacked by a beastmaster with extra attack for example or in a seige with one then ive got an extra attack with my legendary scorpios or ak 47 or anything really

I'm afraid you're most wrong Aidensixx

This is taken from the BW-Wiki:

Beast Lord
Shadow of the Beast - you gain an additional attack with every melee weapon.

maximum 1 level.
Cost - 225 bp

Only if you are an absorber using a Melee weapon, will you absorb the extra attack.

i was wondering since beast lord only goes upto lvl 1 shouldn't 1 level of silence of blood block it completely? if so thank god that's nice for us absorbers

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
08-29-2008 00:07 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Artoir.
Avenger

I assume so?

But what use is that? BM melee players will run wild! Thoughtcatchers and Cultists are also getting very useful arcana. And what can absorbers do. Either block or steal their arcana? Not to mention that this ability will be USELESS in expeditions, as always.

And as I stated in a previous post, this hyped up "additional expedition arcana" is attrocious compared to the others!

08-29-2008 00:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo

Sorry Artoir, I forgot (somehow).

Just imagine you're a melee absorber and a 2h melee BM attacks you and you absorb his extra attack plus you have some more criticals. I think the arcana is a nice addition, but understand that absorbers were hoping for more. The BM arcana is just overpowered. With that, all the BM's will be able to beat me in combat, even if they are 20 levels lower Smile

The extra luck might determine what item you get from the expo. I wish I would have an criticals boosting arcana.

08-29-2008 04:01 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

But the extra luck could determine what I get in a quest, or what crits I get in a siege.

It was blatantly advertised as, I quote "Additional Expedition Arcana"

I just don't understand why.

If original absorber arcana remains unchanged and You only need 1 level of Power Absorbtion to gain the 2 attacks, then that's not so bad. But it still leaves us in the lurch compared to the rest of the races =/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 08-29-2008 04:46.

08-29-2008 04:37 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

cause it made a talking point. lol
i can't wait for the legendary items. just think if i got me a legendary heavy crossbow of reaction. the requirements will b dropped by 30% for me Tongue

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
08-29-2008 06:28 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Artoir, to be fair you must be able to change race when the Patch is implemented so if you don't like your races arcana then change it.

I know there is advantages of being an Absorber so you must decide racial bonuses or arcanum.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-29-2008 08:45.

08-29-2008 08:44 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Cursed One

Fresh informations from Polish board:
quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker
DodaBem uaktualnienie:

I poBowa wrze[nia
- zakoDczenie beta testów: Time Edge: Czas Wojny.
- zakoDczenie beta testów: patch 1.1.

II poBowa wrze[nia
- Start serwera hardcore.

That mean:
quote:
Updated:

1st half of september
- end of beta tests: Time Edge: Czas Wojny. (www.czaswojny.pl)
- end of beta tests: patch 1.1

2nd half of september
- new server (Polish ofc.)

The most important information there is "end of beta tests: patch 1.1". Patch 1.1 will be add to other servers (underworld too) after this beta tests! Smile

09-01-2008 14:49 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Thanks for the info Gumis. Hopefully they will post that here somewhere too so that we know they are talking about this server. =/

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
09-01-2008 15:23 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

I can confirm this news and I'd like to add that the texts available for now are 100% translatated so when the tests finish you'll get 1.1 patch at the same time Smile

09-02-2008 23:59 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

wow :-) great man ! finally :-)
09-03-2008 00:55 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Excellent thanks for the update Smile

09-03-2008 07:04 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

Wooo hoooo

patch 1.1 is on its way.

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
09-03-2008 14:31 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Yay there coming we haven't waited long enough already, i'll be reviving my Rant thread if they don't work right on our server..

quote:

09-03-2008 15:32 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I'm glad the patch is coming...

quote:

You are right about the non sniper thing... I personally think it's going to be excellent for me, as a 1H gunner.... because I use some Blood point increasing stuff sometimes. and our clan armoury is packed with it...

Diablo you have to agree with me, it's almost perfect for a 1H gunner, in many respects it could balance our lack of critical... 10 levels would be 7.5% more.... + luck, I reckon it'd give me a 35% crit if I max my crit tattoo... which means that instead of one in four being a crit I owuld average one in three... and with my dream set up, that'd slay a creature or five... but the cursed ones percep arcana looks nice too

Your imperfection.
09-04-2008 00:29 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

hmm i was wondering when the patch comes in.will the new race be available to those in both acts or is it just those in act2.

because i think its unfair if you cant pick the new race when first starting off.

if this has been covered then slap me lol.
09-04-2008 00:37 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Slap

I think it's been covered and you have to become it

Your imperfection.
09-04-2008 00:48 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

You get a choice of race when advancing to Act II I believe so you need lvl50, all pilgrimages for the Cursed One.

quote:

09-04-2008 07:53 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Diablo you have to agree with me, it's almost perfect for a 1H gunner, in many respects it could balance our lack of critical... 10 levels would be 7.5% more.... + luck, I reckon it'd give me a 35% crit if I max my crit tattoo... which means that instead of one in four being a crit I owuld average one in three... and with my dream set up, that'd slay a creature or five... but the cursed ones percep arcana looks nice too
The cultists new arcana can do more damage than 4 of my criticals (I mean, the difference between a normal attack and a critical)
Nobody knows how important luck really is, but the more you have the better.

09-04-2008 11:21 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
The cultists new arcana can do more damage than 4 of my criticals (I mean, the difference between a normal attack and a critical)

How would searing blood work against expo mobs though

Your imperfection.
09-05-2008 01:16 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

With a nice shamanistic set, jewellery of blood and some good bony weapons several cultists can do thousands of damage each round + their normal hits, not even a Medusa can survive such mayhem Tongue

09-05-2008 01:40 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Lestat666

Registration Date: 07-19-2008
Clan: NIGHT

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
With a nice shamanistic set, jewellery of blood and some good bony weapons several cultists can do thousands of damage each round + their normal hits, not even a Medusa can survive such mayhem Tongue

....i wish i was a cultist...jeez. if id a known that when i joined up i woulda picked that race...ah well.
and i should really try to get lvl 50 an my pilgramages done soon...lol

09-05-2008 01:45 Lestat666 is offline Search for Posts by Lestat666 Add Lestat666 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

So you are telling me that once again the Absorber has been underpowered!

On another note
quote:
Melee 2h - critical strike +25%, chance to hit *1,25

I like this... because it multiplies a negative, 2H melee could end up with massive reductions to hit chance

Your imperfection.
09-05-2008 01:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

That multiplier doesn't apply to the weapons chance to hit but the players. For example, you have 125 agility and a Legendary Mace. 125 * 3 = 375 chance to hit. 375 - 14 from the mace = 361.
361 * 1,25 = 451,25 that's your total chance to hit. That's a pretty nice boost from the weapon.

09-05-2008 02:10 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH