Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Who pays for music? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who pays for music? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 4.60
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Who pays for music? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering, who dowloads music and who buys CD's. Or more precisely, who buys CD's, who dowloads without paying and who pays for their downloads?

I prefer to buy my CD's, I love having them on the shelf, I think it looks good. And I also like to be able to listen to them, whether on my PC or not. I know you can burn MP3's but that's effort. I've payed for all my music, I only have three tracks that are downloads, two of which are J-pop, and even those I paid for.

The reason I ask is because it's interesting, and also some bands, especially one I've been listening to, of whom I will provide a sample, have had to break apart because they cannot aford to keep going, due to downloading for nothing.

This is the band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBtgtK4ZCU

But yeah, basically who, other than I, pays for the music they get?

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 09-19-2009 22:24.

09-19-2009 22:23 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i always download music to check out a band and if i like it it gets bought as a CD

if i dont like it i delete it....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-19-2009 22:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Se that's a good way of doing it. I youtube a band first

Thumbs up Tongue

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 09-19-2009 22:33.

09-19-2009 22:30 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

RE: Who pays for music? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be honest i mainly bluetooth tracks off peps to my phone then if my pc feels like working i download to pc.

I do buy CDs also and i like putting the drags on pc then mixing my fave songs on one disk =).

Well im cheap (and scint) but good 4 u Raxis, i might start paying more once i get a job =)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
09-19-2009 22:44 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

I download stuff and reupload it again to youtube ( for promotional purposes only )

I do buy cds the odd time but seeing as how my music taste isnt exactly catered for in your local hmv i tend to buy it from download stores, but i do also get some stuff for free, i has connections xD
09-19-2009 23:31 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:

I do buy cds the odd time but seeing as how my music taste isnt exactly catered for in your local hmv i tend to buy it from download stores, but i do also get some dstuff for free, i has connections xD

Neither's mine mostly. I hunt through internet CD stores Tongue

Your imperfection.
09-19-2009 23:33 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
quote:

I do buy cds the odd time but seeing as how my music taste isnt exactly catered for in your local hmv i tend to buy it from download stores, but i do also get some dstuff for free, i has connections xD

Neither's mine mostly. I hunt through internet CD stores Tongue

2 much hassle tbh, i just go straight ot download store. I will occasionally file share in order to get some sneaky leaked tracks before they are released
09-19-2009 23:36 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Fair enough. Download store at least means you're paying Tongue Hehe I hate seeing good bands, singers, groups ect. being pulled under due to lack of funding

Your imperfection.
09-19-2009 23:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Fair enough. Download store at least means you're paying Tongue Hehe I hate seeing good bands, singers, groups ect. being pulled under due to lack of funding

Yea its sly, but very little will change when its availabe for nothing
09-19-2009 23:41 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

like yourself raxis

i do like the look of my cds on the shelf hehehe

*following text was censerd by Mr.censerson*
i feel naughty now Wink

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 09-20-2009 00:48.

09-19-2009 23:41 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
AngryTiger

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2009
Clan: OMFG

wtf is paying for music? Confused

09-19-2009 23:53 AngryTiger is offline Search for Posts by AngryTiger Add AngryTiger to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by AngryTiger
wtf is paying for music? Confused

an old wives tale i heard

one of those urban legends you hear about i think

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
09-19-2009 23:54 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

did i hear paying for music, thats ludicris(sry for spelling i'm kinda drunk) i down like nearly everythin on my pc and its not the horible youtube downs either, i also down practically everythin on my pc from games to photoshop
09-20-2009 00:23 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Lulz at teh n00bs admitting to gettin teh warez on public forum

09-20-2009 00:23 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

n00bs how dare you mr.artoir

were cheap not n00bs Wink

09-20-2009 00:28 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

i'm not cheap, its just the effort of gon to the store that is no longer here and extravision is a rip-off
09-20-2009 00:29 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:

I'm not condoning nor condeming, I'm simply pointing out it will not be cheap at all for anyone if they get their internet turned off by their ISP and/or fined for admitting to such things on a page that can be read through google Wink

09-20-2009 00:29 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Vanargand
quote:
quote:

i'm not cheap, its just the effort of gon to the store that is no longer here and extravision is a rip-off

etravision is the pits

we have "anthem music" "tracks"(the size of a shoebox) "xtravision" and

whatever tescos happen to be selling lol

can never find the music i want in any of them tis all clubland and such

09-20-2009 00:31 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not condoning nor condeming, I'm simply pointing out it will not be cheap at all for anyone if they get their internet turned off by their ISP and/or fined for admitting to such things on a page that can be read through google Wink

and this is the advantige of having a static IP =D
09-20-2009 00:32 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:

File sharing is perfectly acceptable, i get previews mostly, half the time from the artists themselves Wink
09-20-2009 14:51 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

lmao, liar! Nexus much Tongue

09-20-2009 17:33 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

old cds in HMV for 16 quid, chimaira and the like.

would you pay for this?

09-20-2009 17:50 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
lmao, liar! Nexus much Tongue

Nexus isnt a cd Tongue
09-20-2009 18:28 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

would you pay for this?

most cetainly not =D
09-20-2009 20:47 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:

would you pay for this?

If I want the CD then yes I would. Steel Panthers 'Feel the steel' was 6.99 in HMV. It depends on the band and the CD, Death Magnetic also came out cheap. But yes I would pay that, or if I was bothered I would look online for cheaper, but I'd still pay for the CD

Your imperfection.
09-21-2009 02:28 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

People actully pay for music? lololol...

I will own up to illigally downloading music, i dont care... sue me, only thing they will get from me is a middle finger
The entire music indestry is a massive rip off, why should 1 person have hundereds of millions of pounds/dollors for a few albums when half of them use machines to make there voices better anyways, there nothing more than con men. i would much prefer to give money to people that "deserve" it or need it, like starving africans and gods known as game designers

I have paid for a cd once in my life (maybe twice? perhaps the shock was to much for me to remeber), and it was a present for someone else
I couldent sleep for a week after Tongue

And before people go on about live aid to save starving people, what a bunch of Muffin... they get paid to do it AND the people that run/preform that con show could fix an entire country and it would barely dent there bank balance

Long live illigal downloads

09-22-2009 11:55 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
The entire music indestry is a massive rip off, why should 1 person have hundereds of millions of pounds/dollors for a few albums when half of them use machines to make there voices better anyways, there nothing more than con men. i would much prefer to give money to people that "deserve" it or need it, like starving africans and gods known as game designers

The voice of sense & reason!

The music industry is a huge con. If bands can't "afford" to produce their own music in this age of micro-management & home-mixing, then they clearly ain't producing music that anyone wants to listen to!

As for bands that are "signed" to corporates - they are all sucking satan's black worm. I'm glad people can download their stuff for free - recorded music should be free!

I am happy to pay to go to see live music - but recorded - get stuffed.

(ps - for all those recording company laywers that are trawling to the net to find people admitting to illeg downloads - YOU ARE THE WORST BLOODSUCKING LEECH MONKEYS OF ALL - grow a conscience & get a real job you muffin-lickers!) Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-22-2009 12:46 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
The music industry is a huge con. If bands can't "afford" to produce their own music in this age of micro-management & home-mixing, then they clearly ain't producing music that anyone wants to listen to!

As for bands that are "signed" to corporates - they are all sucking satan's black worm. I'm glad people can download their stuff for free - recorded music should be free!

Lots of people want to listen to a lot of it Cthulhu, normally though it gets found after the band gets dragged under. When they aren't on a label they have to pay out for everything, and good recording is done in a studio, not at home, another thing you have to pay out for. It's easy to see how you go into debt when you aren't working over that time.

Now then, you are basically saying then that musicians shouldn't be paid? Would you do your job for nothing? A computer games designer, wel surely it's the same principle, most of the money for the games doesn't go to them, so why should I bother paying? I could illegally download it. It's exactly the same principle.

quote:
they get paid to do it AND the people that run/preform that con show could fix an entire country and it would barely dent there bank balance

You have a very skewed view of how it actually works don't you.

EDIT: Good man Aud

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 09-22-2009 15:35.

09-22-2009 15:34 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad

The voice of sense & reason!

(ps - for all those recording company laywers that are trawling to the net to find people admitting to illeg downloads - YOU ARE THE WORST BLOODSUCKING LEECH MONKEYS OF ALL - grow a conscience & get a real job you muffin-lickers!) Big Grin

But how will recording artists have time to make music with the 2 jobs they are holding down just to survive? Tongue if u made something ppl want then of course you are going to sell it...why not Tongue
09-22-2009 15:34 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Reply to both AudT & Raxis.

AudT - if you can make something that people wanna listen to then play it live & make your money that way. If you can't play it live.... then it ain't worth money - you are a "bedroom artist".

Raxis - don't try & lecture me on the music business.... I know what of I speak - I was in a struggling band for 10 years, and was royally shafted by one of the precious labels that you are so desperate to line the pockets of with your money.

I have no issue with bands forming their own labels & producing their own music - and studios can be sourced relatively cheaply if you shop around. However, the majority of small labels usually sell off bands to the larger lables as soon as they show even the smallest inclining of making any cash from the deal. And larger labels are "owned" (not always literally - but the majority are) by the huge labels, who will own your soul once they own your contract... little puppet muscian dancing on your strings.

Yes, there are exeptions to the rule - there always are. There have been a number of bands that have produced awesome studio albums. But I think you'll find that 99% of them were also bands that could easily make a living from playing live.

Muscians can easily make a comfortable living out of performing - but most chose not because they either can't, or it is too much like "real" work.

Or they can rake in a relative pile of money (depending on their popularity) from screwing you by charging you for a recording of it.

No, I would not do my job for nothing. I'm not saying that muscians should. I am saying that you/we should not have to pay for recorded music - 85% of the profits from which go pretty much to everyone except the performer. Because once the record label has your signed contract - they manage your finances. They spend your money for you - that's the money that you, the consumer, are paying out everytime you buy a CD.

If you wish to support labels buy paying for recorded music, then you are welcome to do so, but do not try and tell people, or yourself, that you are supporting the artist. Because in most cases, you are not.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 09-22-2009 19:15.

09-22-2009 18:57 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

ok i do ilegally download but thats cuz i'm a cheapskate, honestly you have to be retarded to think that, Most bands are not as rich as you might think its only the absolutely huge bands that get rich from there music

EDIT: You do realize they make very little money from seling CD's anyway (mostly because of illegal downloading)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vanargand: 09-22-2009 19:39.

09-22-2009 19:36 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Reply to both AudT & Raxis.

AudT - if you can make something that people wanna listen to then play it live & make your money that way. If you can't play it live.... then it ain't worth money - you are a "bedroom artist".

Raxis - don't try & lecture me on the music business.... I know what of I speak - I was in a struggling band for 10 years, and was royally shafted by one of the precious labels that you are so desperate to line the pockets of with your money.

I have no issue with bands forming their own labels & producing their own music - and studios can be sourced relatively cheaply if you shop around. However, the majority of small labels usually sell off bands to the larger lables as soon as they show even the smallest inclining of making any cash from the deal. And larger labels are "owned" (not always literally - but the majority are) by the huge labels, who will own your soul once they own your contract... little puppet muscian dancing on your strings.

Yes, there are exeptions to the rule - there always are. There have been a number of bands that have produced awesome studio albums. But I think you'll find that 99% of them were also bands that could easily make a living from playing live.

Muscians can easily make a comfortable living out of performing - but most chose not because they either can't, or it is too much like "real" work.

Or they can rake in a relative pile of money (depending on their popularity) from screwing you by charging you for a recording of it.

No, I would not do my job for nothing. I'm not saying that muscians should. I am saying that you/we should not have to pay for recorded music - 85% of the profits from which go pretty much to everyone except the performer. Because once the record label has your signed contract - they manage your finances. They spend your money for you - that's the money that you, the consumer, are paying out everytime you buy a CD.

If you wish to support labels buy paying for recorded music, then you are welcome to do so, but do not try and tell people, or yourself, that you are supporting the artist. Because in most cases, you are not.

So why not have other ppl work for a cut price?

When you put time and effort into creating a studio album why would u give it away for free, why not just perform live and reach a limited audience? bypass studio albums altogether, probably gunna have to with the job they will be workin inbetween live performances. Why should studio albums and tracks be free? I for one would appreciate a pay check after putting the effort in
09-22-2009 19:51 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan

So why not have other ppl work for a cut price?

When you put time and effort into creating a studio album why would u give it away for free, why not just perform live and reach a limited audience? bypass studio albums altogether, probably gunna have to with the job they will be workin inbetween live performances. Why should studio albums and tracks be free? I for one would appreciate a pay check after putting the effort in

Hahaha - cut price? Totally agree with you though - but if you can make the record shops, managers, producers, promoters, and pethora of hangers-on only work for a few percent of your sales price, then you are a better man than most!

I can't remember the exact percentages, but I think from a 10.99 CD, the artist usually makes less than 99p.

That is my point.

Don't fool yourself that you are supporting artists by purchasing albums from retailers - you are not - most of the time you are only fattening up the companies. Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-23-2009 13:29 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

i Meant why not have ppl from other professions work for less? either way you put your arguement it doesnt make much sense. Why should artists make less money that they are entitled to?

And in relation to labels getting fat etc... look at labels first, make sure its the right one. Probably best to use an indie label, that way u get most of the money
09-23-2009 13:45 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Don't fool yourself that you are supporting artists by purchasing albums from retailers - you are not - most of the time you are only fattening up the companies.

Retailers? Most of my CD's come directly from the official sites themselves.

quote:
I can't remember the exact percentages, but I think from a 10.99 CD, the artist usually makes less than 99p.

It still adds up Cthulhu. It still is money that could be used.

Not to mention if a band does it all solo, then they're allowed to dictate a much higher cut, as opposed to the record label dictating. but they also have to pour in their own funding. So having that little extra is much better for them

Your imperfection.
09-23-2009 14:38 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Tenticals; voice of sense & reason? LOLOLOLOL!?!?!?! Tongue
Sense & random-ness, with a hint of sit on it and swivel greed filed world Smile

quote:

Ahmen.

I have seen prodigy, chase & status, pendulem and a few other people/bands/groups live and it was well worth the fortune i paid for the tickets. the memory's from the gigs will stay with me all my life (or until the reefa blows my mind completely Shocked )

i refuse to pay for a CD thou... so much for so little
I have bought music DVD's of recorded live preformances thou, much better than listening to CD's i think

09-24-2009 04:47 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Put it this way, if you made something, could be anything, would u give it away for free and rely on something else for an income...when you could make a fortune on what you have made? no...no you wouldnt. I find it kinda funny that music artists are expected to create studio albums for free.

And knighroad, its not "so much for so little" unless you get a stupidly small amount of tracks for an obscene amount of money. 10-15 quid is hardly a fortune. Mabye you dont appreciate music as much as others if you need to have visuals accompanying the music?
09-24-2009 12:51 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Personally, i have downloaded music in the past, but it only accounts for less than 10% of my overall music collection.

My problem with illegal downloading is not that artists will not get paid if i'm honest, it's that any horse-licker with an internet connection can have instantaneous access to any music they choose, and then bum and blow about how they're the number one fan of whatever flavour of the month they've chosen.

I've personally amassed over 1000 CDs in the years of listening to music, as it's been a gradual experience. It grates me when someone who has known nothing of the music hears a song, downloads the discography and then insists on telling you about all the tracks you haven't heard of as if you're a numpty.

I'm not a numpty, i just dont download EVERYTHING with indiscriminate glee.
09-24-2009 14:23 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
Personally, i have downloaded music in the past, but it only accounts for less than 10% of my overall music collection.

My problem with illegal downloading is not that artists will not get paid if i'm honest, it's that any horse-licker with an internet connection can have instantaneous access to any music they choose, and then bum and blow about how they're the number one fan of whatever flavour of the month they've chosen.

I've personally amassed over 1000 CDs in the years of listening to music, as it's been a gradual experience. It grates me when someone who has known nothing of the music hears a song, downloads the discography and then insists on telling you about all the tracks you haven't heard of as if you're a numpty.

I'm not a numpty, i just dont download EVERYTHING with indiscriminate glee.

Lol, that used to happpen to me alot, really really annoying. I occasionally download music but i also buy it aswell. Only reason i can see for some ppl downloading more than buying is that the music they want isnt available anywhere close to them and downloading in less than 5 mins seems to be a better option that wait a week for it to be delivered. This happens ith the music i listen to, but as i said i do also buy music, more than i download
09-24-2009 14:35 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan

Lol, that used to happpen to me alot, really really annoying. I occasionally download music but i also buy it aswell. Only reason i can see for some ppl downloading more than buying is that the music they want isnt available anywhere close to them and downloading in less than 5 mins seems to be a better option that wait a week for it to be delivered. This happens ith the music i listen to, but as i said i do also buy music, more than i download

True, but do you mean legal or illegal downloads?

I was specifically referring to people who illegally download. They dont have to pay for, it means nothing to them, and they just amass hard drives stacked with music they will probably never listen to.

This doesnt apply to everyone who illegally downloads, but it really does amount to a significant amount of them.

Can't afford it = Shouldn't have it. Recorded music is a luxury, not a right.
09-24-2009 14:43 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Who pays for music?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH