Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » About this merging thing..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page About this merging thing.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sidneykidney

images/avatars/avatar-141.gif

Registration Date: 01-10-2008

About this merging thing..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.... how is it done?

Or at least let me be more specific. I know its done through the Well of Souls, and I know it needs Mana, Nanites and Mergestones but thats about as much as I know.

I have been shown this website here:

Merge list

Which tells me what to merge to get what but the thing is theres no way I can tell what the stats of these things are. And how do I get Ninites and Mana other than by destroying ALOT of items?

And finally (this is the bit I LEAST understand) What are the rules about merging? Sometimes merging will keep the same prefix/suffix, sometimes its a different one, sometimes it loses any suffix/prefix. Sometimes it goes up a level, sometimes down a level. Sometimes merging 2 items gives a completely different item altogether!

So I ask you Blood Wars how can we know what to merge? It seems like whatever is merged only makes things worse!

01-18-2008 20:04 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you merge items with prefix and suffix
you will get a new item with both prefix and suffix still
merging a prefix item with a suffix item you will lose both the prefix and the suffix
also merging 2 basic items of the same type with the same + will give the same item but 1 + higher
but merging 2 items of different + will give the lower + unless the basic items are the same then it will be lower + +1.
lol
i will post some examples Smile

Shining knife of Blood +1
merge with
Sharp knife of Horseshoe +1
=
Cruel knife of suicide +2

Shining knife of Blood +1
merge with
Sharp club of Horseshoe +1
=
Cruel dagger of Suicide +1

Shining knife +1
merge with
Knife of Blood +1
=
Knife +2

Shining knife +5
merge with
Knife of Blood +1
=
Knife +2

you will only know what items you need to make the best merges by making a list
by checking all the merges you can make
which can take a very long time if you try to do it all by yourself Frown

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 01-18-2008 20:24.

01-18-2008 20:18 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Sidneykidney

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sidneykidney
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much that was a big help. Now I really regret selling my Shining knife of blood (+3) Frown

01-18-2008 21:35 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

...does that mean you are the proud owner of the most expensive item in Underworld auction history Azz?? Wink

...and to answer your other question Sid, so this isn't completely offtopic, you actually cannot obtain mana and nanites from any means other than destroying a hell of a lot of items. But if you destroy all the useless prefix or suffix items you get on quests (or indeed normal items that are +1 / +2 ), you will build them up in no time Smile

01-18-2008 21:47 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

When you destroy useless items once every several days then it may seem difficult to obtain some mana and nanites, but when you need a certain amount of them then it may seem a little easier to obtain them.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-18-2008 21:52 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Azz420
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
...does that mean you are the proud owner of the most expensive item in Underworld auction history Azz?? Wink

lol no i was just using it as an example

01-18-2008 22:16 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

Hehe, that's alright then, coz I still think it was crazy stones for a merge item!! Incidentally Sid, that is exactly what you're up against when attempting to merge. Not only are the best items really expensive, but the merge parts for them are usually just as expensive...so start saving those stones as well as nana and manites...er, I mean mana and nanites! Wink

01-18-2008 22:37 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

So should I have sold the Shining knife of blood(+3) for 0/0/10/4/2 then? Cos that was a very early on find for me. Should I have kept it? Is that what you are saying? Confused

01-18-2008 23:46 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Clan: BoS

I think you don't want to know the answer Tongue

But still on your lvl that is an enormous amount of stones Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-19-2008 00:34 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Thats an anormous amount of stones on any level Tongue

01-19-2008 08:35 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Azz420
Lord

you would still have needed something to merge it with :/
and then the cost of merging
with the stones you have now you can buy some real fine items
not just a weapon but you can choose from anything that will turn up in auction
or you can just buy up loads of cheap prefix/suffix items for merging at a later date Smile

what im saying is with the knife you had a limited option
but with stones the world is yours (when something good turns up to buy that is Tongue )

01-19-2008 11:57 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Zauborin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-65.jpg

Clan: EoD

azz have right, now u dont need item like that knife and even if u merge something from it it would have high req to use

with this amount of stone u can buy lots of good item, elvish, shorts and some armor, suic weapon without prefix, some jawellery (or some other eq if u prefer gun) and u can fight with this in ambush and in expedition Smile and if u dont keep playing u gather new stone and then u can think about making some precious item

from my little fan, which i love:

"i want nothing more than to see EoD rot and Zuborin with it."

thx ;*
01-19-2008 12:43 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

You guys are so right Smile

So far I have bought:

Studded Cape (+3)
Chain of Pilgrim (+3)
Ruby Ring (+3)
Bracelet of Strength (+4)
Shorts of Rogue (+5)
Uzi (+5)
Uzi (+5)
Magnum (+4)
Light shorts of Smuggler (+4)
Bloody Helmet (+4)
Field Tuxedo (+5)

and others I have sold on for profit ^^

Think i'll keep the Shorts of Night (+3) that I found that give me +18 agility though. They may help me get my first pilgrimage. All this and I still havent split into my 2 Soulstones or my 4 mergestones! Big Grin

I'm on a shopping spree at the moment. I just dont know a good setup to go with for my 2 Magnum (+4)'s Roll Eyes

01-19-2008 14:43 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » About this merging thing.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH