Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Upcoming patches 1.07, 1.08 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Upcoming patches 1.07, 1.08
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sidneykidney

images/avatars/avatar-141.gif

Registration Date: 01-10-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes you would. Attacking others (using this system) would earn money. When you return to the 50/50 ratio you can buy more junk. Eventually you will save enough in junk to sell the lot and pay for a building upgrade.

Or am I misunderstanding you Mortis?

01-24-2008 09:12 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Mortis means in this case that it would be almost impossible to get hold of enough in junk and cash to pay for a 500,000 Lgo building for example (that would involve having 250,000 in cash and 250,000 in junk.

Maybe a system similar to the expo timer (can junk up every 6 - 12 hours, and can only junk up to 50% of cash in hand on each occasion.)

01-24-2008 09:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Yes, that's what I meant.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-24-2008 09:40 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Sidneykidney

I'm not totally convinced of the difficulty of amassing 500,000 Lgo. I currently hold 440k Lgo in junk and that wasnt outrageously difficult to obtain.

However I do see your point. Gendibal has a good solution- a combination of the 50% rule and the 'only buy junk every x hours' rule.

However the 50% was just a figure I used as an example. It could just as easily be 30% or anything else....

01-24-2008 10:22 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

sindey what lvl are you ?

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
01-24-2008 10:33 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

I'm lvl 27.

And no i'm not keen to tell you my in-game name as i'll be pounced upon.

And besides its largely in Lgo at the moment anyway

BTW what does Lgo stand for??? Confused

01-24-2008 11:22 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Well, you have 440k in junk and how much do you have on hand? It would not be very wise more than 20k as you can bank them every 20k. And now tell me how long do you think you will keep 440k on hand untouched?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-24-2008 11:33 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Sidneykidney

I havent been successfully ambushed since 12th January.

I would also like to point out that the money I have is in Junk when this percentage rule is NOT in place. So yes you may be right but my point still stands- a PERCENTAGE is what is needed here. Not necessarily 50%. Did you read my earlier post?

01-24-2008 11:51 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Sidneykidney
I'm not totally convinced of the difficulty of amassing 500,000 Lgo. I currently hold 440k Lgo in junk and that wasnt outrageously difficult to obtain.

Ah, but thats the lower levels ..... more inactives down there so less people going for the more risky active hits. Through mid and high levels active hits are the norm and amassing 100,000 Lgo is a difficult thing to do, let alone 500,000 (I regularly get hit by players such as Zauborin, Freeko, CESARZ and Vlade .... and its all part of the game). As it stands with the junk system at the moment, the higher levels can buy it at auction, while the mid levels are far less likely to have the resources available to do so.

with the 50% rule you suggested, as I understood it .... to build a 500,000 Lgo structure you would need to be holding 250,000 in cash to amass the 250,000 in junk to make up the difference.

The difference with the one I had in mind is that the total junk you have is not counted against your cash in hand, only the deposits are based on a %. So working on 50%, if you had 100,000 cash, you could buy a theoretical 50,000 in Junk ....... then if you had 40,000 after your junk timer had run out you could buy another 20,000 worth (giving a theoretical 20,000 in hand and 70,000 junk in armoury)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-24-2008 12:19.

01-24-2008 12:13 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

quote:
I'm lvl 27.

well here we are, you are currently not having Lgo problems because you are a low enough lvl, gendibal pointed it allready out. you don't face any cash problems currently. And the reason you haven't been ambushed successfully is because you have superior equipment for your lvl ( luck on quest with shining knife of blood )

Just btw when i was your lvl i got successfull ambushed once a week, if i got successful ambushed...get to lvl 45 and then you'll face the rough part of the game where you will get ambushed by people having double the points you have...

I could buy junk on auction ok, but i doubt a lot of middle players want to spend their stones on buying junk in order to upgrade.

created by Dontmess
01-24-2008 12:22 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

Gendibal- So as I understand it you are proposing a system where you are only allowed to by junk every 'x' hours and when you are allowed to buy it you can only buy a percentage of what you have. That way you always have cash which can be ambushed from you but it is still possible to accrue cash? Am I right in my understanding here?

Darkone- So now I learn I am in fact low level. Pray tell- what level is mid and high level? And how many high levellers are there? And am I to take it that I should start saving as much money as I can now then?

01-24-2008 12:36 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Mid lvl is everyone below lvl 45, and yes you should save like hell, i remebered having less than 1 000 000 Lgo was unusual for me, now i hardly afford 140 000 Lgo ...

I just saw a junk auction of 125 Junk pieces which is 2 500 000 Lgo ( correct me if i'm wrong here ) well i could live on that for a very long time ( 2 months? ) or build a new square with it easily , but i guess the 62 BS will be a lot of stones for a mid lvl player

created by Dontmess

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DarkOne: 01-24-2008 16:24.

01-24-2008 12:50 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
Well great so we have the mid lvl problem solved by supporting the stronger clans, great idea, loyalty friendship values ... ah whatever

Stop writing off-topic. Stronger clans have better squares because they are stronger. It doesn't matter if there was some junk patch or not. This argument has nothing in common to this thread.

01-24-2008 14:07 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Gendibal- So as I understand it you are proposing a system where you are only allowed to by junk every 'x' hours and when you are allowed to buy it you can only buy a percentage of what you have. That way you always have cash which can be ambushed from you but it is still possible to accrue cash? Am I right in my understanding here?

Exact to how I see it, that will kickstart the combat economy while satisfying the need for a form of bank Smile

01-24-2008 15:00 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Zeruel
Stop writing off-topic. Stronger clans have better squares because they are stronger. It doesn't matter if there was some junk patch or not. This argument has nothing in common to this thread.

True but the Junk patch makes it more difficult to build up a new square in the required time to survive, in my eyes it makes it totally impossible to build a new square without buing junk on auction.

And we were talking about balancing the game, you simply said power to the mighty ( if you want a good square join a strong clan )

and just btw the whole "junk debate" is kinda off-topic in this thread ...

created by Dontmess
01-24-2008 16:20 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
and just btw the whole "junk debate" is kinda off-topic in this thread ...

Not really, the jist of patch 1.07 was in part to balance out the junk system:

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Today a new patch 1.07 will be introduced:

- coversion rate of junk is now 1:1

- auctions are available from 20 level

Hope this patch answers your complaints Smile

(I've left 1.08 out for clutter reasons)

The reason it is being discussed here is because the patch only addressed a small portion of the complaints about the junk system, while leaving the major concerns unaddressed.

01-24-2008 17:19 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

I understand that gendibal, put the whole debate is about junk and not the patches Wink therefore it is >> kinda << misplaced

created by Dontmess
01-24-2008 17:44 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

quote:
Originally posted by Zeruel
They don't have 2 BS? Quite shocking for me. Prove it.

proven

level 44 = me

01-24-2008 18:44 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

when will patch 1.08 be implemented then? My armory is getting clogged with items that i intend to auction Tongue

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

01-27-2008 10:58 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

...and I'm getting tired of telling people they have to wait until my current auction ends before I can put the next item up! Our old markets are lying idle people...hurry up!! Wink

01-27-2008 12:21 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by draculaisemo
proven
level 44 = me

Great job. How are you supposed to play without a stone? (rhetorical) Even if you loot something great, you won't be able to upgrade it to +3 in order to sell it.

PS: I know a lvl 42 that is as rich as me Tongue

01-27-2008 16:47 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

And is that by luck in finding stones, or luck in auctioning lucky finds on quests?

I would suggest that the lvl 42 thats as rich as you is the exception and not the rule, not all players are as lucky as to find great equipment, or to find MS and SS on quests every few days (although there are those who have done so). I still maintain that the junk system is going to cause problems all round, starting with the mid levels ..... and then spreading to the higher and lower levels when the inactive/banned purge takes place.

01-27-2008 17:26 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Clan: BoD

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
when the inactive/banned purge takes place.

If.

And wheres patch 1.0.0.8? its overdue!

01-27-2008 17:31 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Good news, patch 1.08 is finally online!!!!

01-28-2008 18:39 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

The number of items you can auction at any one time depends on the level of the Old Market.

Shouldn't it say:

The total number of items you can auction at a time depends on the level of the Old Market.

?
It would make more sense.

01-29-2008 10:07 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i would just like to say i like the junk system ive had no probs with it and am a mid lvl player so far ive got 180,000 not including what ive used on the expensive items its like a bank that noone can touch just go on a few quests sell all your crap and when you think about it you can still get a few grand from players to top you up so you can buy more junk. it was really frustrating when i had saved a load of money just to have some player 10-15 lvls higher than me come along and take it from me so this way they cant touch it great idea.
02-02-2008 02:33 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
The number of items you can auction at any one time depends on the level of the Old Market.

Shouldn't it say:

The total number of items you can auction at a time depends on the level of the Old Market.

?
It would make more sense.

its the same thing not hard to understand if you can read you can understand it.
02-02-2008 02:41 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
Originally posted by darc
its the same thing not hard to understand if you can read you can understand it.
Its about grammar, not understansing Wink

02-02-2008 03:36 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Upcoming patches 1.07, 1.08

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH