Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Sniper ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sniper ?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DD

Sniper ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want to become a sniper for my tattoos, can anyone suggest what I wear or if this is a good choice?

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

01-25-2008 13:24 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

RE: Sniper ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well sniper can be a good tattoo if you find all the appropriate equipment you can also deal alot of damage out. primary equipment would be some where along the lines of

helmet/circlet of precognition/sun
cape/jacket of death sower
amulet of wisdom/genius
jewelry of wisdom/bat/genius
shorts of shephard/incas

at early stages try for perception then work on building defences. if you can get prefixes for items its a bonus hope this helps Smile

Necro knows me as Gjallar
01-25-2008 15:18 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by MetalMouth
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks alot ;D that helps Smile

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

01-25-2008 16:56 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im a sniper (not very successful one, only good for expos) and this is what I use/recommend:

Head: Anything that's suffix is precognition.
Armour: I use a flexible suit, purely because i need agility as well, but allways go for a cape of death sower.
Neck Jewellery: Diamond is the dream set for jewellery, and i wear chain of Pilgrim.
Hand jewellery: Some signet of bat, and possibly genius for the intelligence.
Pants: Im using shorts of sun, as it gives perception and appearance needed for the jewellary.

I hope it helps Smile

01-25-2008 22:45 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Instead of Genius or Pilgrim jewelery you can use Concentration (bonus to int and knowledge)

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-25-2008 23:59 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Yeh i'm only level 25 so i'm not too good at the moment.

I can't even handle a proper sniper rifle yet :p

I have cap of prophet +11 perception
Cape +5 (I should really sort that out I know)
Elvish shorts +18 agility
Ring of authority doesn't help much
Signet
And semi automatic sniper so far ;s

I'll be looking for armour with agility next and some jewellery I guess and when the time comes get my stats up for sniper.
I am getting a hunting rifle soon enough as it's bidded on auctions and i'm winning and I already have a sniper from quest ;s

I only want to be successful in expeditions for my clan

01-26-2008 00:49 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

youll need to be able to get a very high appearance to use concentration jewellery, about 40ish

01-26-2008 13:54 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

Same with bat - i have to have 51 appearence so that i can use my bat bracelet because it has a - to appearence

01-26-2008 14:41 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
MetalMouth
Double Ace

darn :S

01-26-2008 14:50 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
mech

Registration Date: 01-21-2008
Clan: UDW

i am a sniper in training and as the semi automatic i use to use i was told is rubbish, for now you should use a hunting rifle.

i use:

circlet of precognition
shirt of assassin
amulet(working on int jewellery)
shorts of silent moves
hunting rifle

i would suggest you get very high int and knowledge as they are key to a sniper rifle.

01-26-2008 15:18 mech is offline Search for Posts by mech Add mech to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

I was bidding on a hunting rifle for 2bs but it went for 3 >.> dam sneaky noobs at the last minute haha ;D

01-26-2008 15:26 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i use a sniper rifle...

im doing the assassin tattoo

my current setup is:

Hat of Prophet (+3) CLOSE

Helmet (Only for males)
Defence: 4
Effects: APPEARANCE +8, PERCEPTION +10, chance to hit with melee weapon -24
Requirements: LEVEL: 22, STRENGTH: 14, CHARISMA: 10, REPUTATION: 10
Selling price: 10 050 Lgo
Value: Nanites 62, Mana 209

Flexible Suit (+3) CLOSE

Armour (Only for males)
Defence: 5
Effects: REPUTATION +6, APPEARANCE +7, AGILITY +8, chance for critical hit +6 %, defence -4
Requirements: LEVEL: 27, STRENGTH: 3, APPEARANCE: 19, CHARISMA: 10
Selling price: 14 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 89, Mana 274

Tie of Genius (+2) CLOSE

Amulet (Only for males)
Effects: CHARISMA +1, REPUTATION +1, APPEARANCE +3, INTELLIGENCE +6
Requirements: LEVEL: 19, STRENGTH: 7, APPEARANCE: 21, CHARISMA: 18
Selling price: 4 750 Lgo
Value: Nanites 55, Mana 163

Signet of Genius (+4) CLOSE

Ring (Only for males)
Effects: REPUTATION +5, APPEARANCE +1, INTELLIGENCE +4
Requirements: LEVEL: 26, STRENGTH: 12, APPEARANCE: 19
Selling price: 7 300 Lgo
Value: Nanites 74, Mana 200

Bracelet of Wisdom (+5) CLOSE

Ring
Effects: CHARISMA +7, REPUTATION -1, KNOWLEDGE +7
Requirements: LEVEL: 29, STRENGTH: 17, APPEARANCE: 23
Selling price: 8 800 Lgo
Value: Nanites 92, Mana 245

Short Shorts (+3) CLOSE

Pants
Defence: 0
Effects: AGILITY +10, defence -4
Requirements: LEVEL: 13, STRENGTH: 19
Selling price: 1 950 Lgo
Value: Nanites 49, Mana 78

Sniper rifle CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 50 - 50
Effects: PERCEPTION +5, AGILITY -5, chance for critical hit +50 %, ignores 100 % of opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 28, STRENGTH: 16, AGILITY: 31, PERCEPTION: 33, INTELLIGENCE: 27, KNOWLEDGE: 29
Selling price: 13 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 15, Mana 3...

i do have a cape of assassin+3 but im trying to sell itWink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-26-2008 15:29 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

everybody is giving their stuff so i might as well.

Good Headband of Sheperd
Hunter's Vest of Guard +2
Necklace of Genius +5
Good Bracelet of Wisdom
Bracelet of Hard Skin +5
Shorts of Silent Moves +5

i normally use either

Hunting Rifle +5
AK-47
Sniper Rifle +4
or Fn-Fal

01-26-2008 15:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

I feel somewhat useless now xD

01-26-2008 16:33 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

youll get things.
i mean the headband of sheperd i got for 1hs, but at its level now it has +19 perc boost, you have to try to get it on the right equipment

if you get suffixed pants you want them in shorts, for natural agility and less defence for tattoo.
headwear, bandanna or headband are far superior, if i had a headband of precognition it would be way amazing.
armour, a cape is definitely the best thing to use, though a hunter's cape of [insert useful suffix] would go for a lot of stones.

01-26-2008 16:37 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

i think for now i'll try and get elvish armour then train for sniper then i'll try and get some stones for jewellery.

I should have about 55 agility and 50 perc soon enough (I hope)
Along with 3 friends at level 30 all with snipers and aorund 50 perc/agility you think we could do expedition for white dragon?

It's all I really want sniper for, expeditions to get stones to bid for better things ;D.

Hopefully if it works out i'll get some stones for shorts of shephard and that precognition headwear >.>

*Hopefully* ;D

01-26-2008 16:45 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

as well as a sniper you need someone with a high defence who can 'shield' you. you wont win otherwise.

01-26-2008 16:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

How much defence we talking? ;o
I can tell someone to bunker up and get around 100 defence ;s?

01-26-2008 16:55 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

when i need to go defensive i have about 120 defence.
depending on the dragon you need 70-100 defence.

01-26-2008 16:58 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

ok that can be done ;o
So is the shielder the person who starts the expedition? or does the random strike random people more than others?

01-26-2008 17:00 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

it really is random strike.
take a beastmaster with you - they have more health and can increase their toughness

01-26-2008 17:02 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

ok cheers bro Smile
You think theres a decent chance of winning though?
i'm hoping for atleast 40/60 ;s

01-26-2008 17:08 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Sorry to drag this on, but i've seen a few good items on auction recently and i've put them together and I think it may work well for sniper.

Shorts of shephard +5
Elvish shirt +4
Circlet of precognition
Sniper rifle
Amulet of Genuis
And then whatever rings give decent appearance to wield the amulet as it has+ int or knowledge(i forget)
Then I can use my PoP to upgrade the int or whatever for sniper.

I realise It's gonna cost like alot. But it's the set up i'd like Smile
Would this work?

01-28-2008 23:02 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

yeah this would work very well, those shorts are the best for perception and genius cangive u better upgrades with sniper rifle.

start saving up those stones though it cost alot to buy all of this if you already havent started. Wink

01-28-2008 23:21 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Elvish shirt i dont think is the best idea, because flexible has lower requirements and it also has a + to appearance. Pilgrim is the best for neck jewellary (chain is best) and you need a bat ring as well Tongue

01-29-2008 08:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
MetalMouth
Double Ace

So what armour should I get?
Is there a flexible cape for high agil?

01-29-2008 12:36 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

well flexible cape will allow you to use a sniper rifle as they require agility to use. they would get you around 14-16 agility i think not entriely sure plus a small critical bonus Smile , if you can however death sower equipment is also useful as it has agility, small but good defences and add damage to your weapons.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kralen: 01-29-2008 12:46.

01-29-2008 12:43 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

ahh ok thanks kralen, and how much is death sower?

01-29-2008 12:50 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

they can range from 2-3 hs to ms stone. depends on who wants it so badly, otherwise stick with elvish or flexible

01-29-2008 12:57 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

I will sell you a shirt of death sower if you want?

01-29-2008 12:59 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
MetalMouth
Double Ace

What are the stats :p and how much? i don't have many stones D:

edit: sorry i dont have the stones i saw the prices on closed auctions, aso i dont have enough str ;D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MetalMouth: 01-29-2008 13:12.

01-29-2008 13:07 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Shirt of Death Sower (+3)

Armour
Defence: 12
Effects: AGILITY +11, TOUGHNESS -4, all weapons damage +13, defence +9
Requirements: LEVEL: 23, STRENGTH: 32, APPEARANCE: 15, AGILITY: 14
Selling price: 57 600 Lgo
Value: Nanites 82, Mana 265

01-29-2008 13:12 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
MetalMouth
Double Ace

okay back to this thread ^^
so I just got shooting ace tattoo which gives hit of all weapons +8
so does this mean I hit +8 on minimum and maximum damage? because it doesn't show up in the throne hall :x

02-03-2008 15:44 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

your chance to hit is increased not the damage

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
02-03-2008 15:51 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Sorry but could you explain further :$?

02-03-2008 15:58 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

Dodge

in this thread it is explained further down by zeruel

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
02-03-2008 16:04 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Oh so you start at 0% hit, and with shooting ace you raise it? So it's similar to perception in a way? or similar to a decrease in your opponents agility?

edit: and if you start at 0 hit rate on your weapons and you get a tattoo and it's at 8, it gives you 8x better hit rate? or am I just talking jibberish ;s

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MetalMouth: 02-03-2008 16:18.

02-03-2008 16:06 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Can you please read the tutorial?

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Hitting

02-03-2008 16:28 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Sniper ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH