Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Tattoo images » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Tattoo images 6 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Tattoo images Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is it just my opinion or do they really look crap? I would suggest a remake to make them look more like tattoos than a 12 year old child's drawings.

I was introducing BW to a friend of mine but he couldn't stop laughing when he saw my awesome tattoos.

All suggestions and opinions welcomed.

01-27-2008 18:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, i agree. They look like a 4 year old's drawings at school Tongue Maybe more graphic images?

01-27-2008 18:55 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is true. It costs alot to make them, least we could get back is some WOW graphic

01-27-2008 19:04 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

i think the idea is that they look like actual tattoos.

... bad ones.

01-27-2008 19:20 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

yes i agree, it would be nice
also do you think that as this game is about vampres, the pictures could be of vamps, and the remains that of a werewolf or another vampire
01-27-2008 19:53 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
diablo

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo

To make the tattoos look better we could say 2 of them are on your arms, one on your back and one on the head. This could make the process of designing them easier.
Or even better: Lets do a contest for the best tattoo graphics!

01-27-2008 20:00 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i think that moving the tattoes around would be a great idea, but the competition is not as good an idea. would it not be better to have players to suggest, ideas an the bloodwars artist picks some of them and works with them, as he/she is a proffesional artist with a lot of computers that can do the job better than us.
also i think that you should be able to get a weapon engraved to give bonuses at a cost, but you cant trade them, and can only have one of each catagory of wep engraved, e.g to get a new 1 anded wep engraved you have to destroy the one youve already got
01-27-2008 20:38 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Clan: BoD

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
i think that moving the tattoes around would be a great idea, but the competition is not as good an idea. would it not be better to have players to suggest, ideas an the bloodwars artist picks some of them and works with them, as he/she is a proffesional artist with a lot of computers that can do the job better than us.

They are not the only ones. I have a GCSE in graphic design and there are others with skills too.

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
also i think that you should be able to get a weapon engraved to give bonuses at a cost, but you cant trade them, and can only have one of each catagory of wep engraved, e.g to get a new 1 anded wep engraved you have to destroy the one youve already got

this is not relavent to this topic

01-27-2008 20:43 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
diablo

It doesn't matter who will do the tattoos, but lets be honest - their graphics should improve to be more representative and satisfying.

bobalob57: What you're talking about are Legendary weapons, which should be implemented in a big patch.

01-27-2008 22:19 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
C47
Super Operator

images/avatars/avatar-1119.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

the problem isn't with making a graphic but with the good idea of making it

when i get a good concepts i could do better tatoos

Do not disturb unless the problem is serious
-----
Sorry, not v.good in english.
02-13-2008 18:18 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
diablo

I know its not that easy, but I think you'll agree that they need to be changed.
I will now suggest a few tattoos for Gunman

Eagle Eye - http://files.vector-images.com/cd_sample...ations_eyes.gif (bottom)

Selective shot - http://www.intergalacticmedicineshow.com.../006-unreal.jpg (something similar)

Born with gun in hand - http://noel.hlava.sk/images/author/noel/gun.jpg

Nobbyist - http://pentaxlife.com/files/2007/05/fa-7...ited-tattoo.jpg (even thi would do)

Its just my suggestion, nothing exact.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 02-14-2008 01:38.

02-14-2008 01:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
C47
Super Operator

that is not bad but there is 10 groups of tatoos, and gunman is one of the most simple to make (images)

-----
02-14-2008 09:03 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

they should at least still look like tattoos
mainly black lines and a touch of colour maybe ???

02-14-2008 09:08 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
C47
Super Operator

rain of arrows
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1808/deszczstrzalok4.jpg
souleater
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3553/pozeraczduszce5.jpg
apprentice of the dark side
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6348/...ejstronycz9.jpg

3 tattos that needs your opinion
if you know how to present it different please write it here Smile

all 40 tattoos are tribal style

-----
02-25-2008 16:39 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I like the 'rain of arrows' and 'apprentice of the dark side' designs, simple and effective ..... but the souleater design should be a little more demonic (maybe a stylised skull design, similar to the Tribal Wolf Tattoo design found at the link below)

Tribal Wolf Tattoo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-25-2008 16:56.

02-25-2008 16:55 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Much better than squiggly lines. I would love something like these.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-25-2008 16:58 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

what about this??

basic with a dash of color

Souleater

or

This

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 02-25-2008 17:20.

02-25-2008 17:13 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo

Wow, that is progress. Thanks for making the effort. I appreciate.

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Keep up the good work.

UG3: Smiling wolf? I don't know whether thats a souleater.

02-25-2008 21:11 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
mech

Registration Date: 01-21-2008
Clan: UDW

i like the tattoos that both ug3 and c47 made but the fusion of ths souleater and the wolf is great.

02-25-2008 22:26 mech is offline Search for Posts by mech Add mech to your Buddy List
C47
Super Operator

souleater: i'll make something like 'This' Smile

i think: spider plus animal skull or sth

all tattos will be added this week Smile

-----
02-25-2008 23:06 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

awesome thanks...

btw diablo it was the best tribal wolf i could find at short noticeBig Grin

as im a perfectionist ill do a better 1 just for you Cool

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 08:27 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks to both of you.

02-26-2008 09:00 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
C47
Super Operator

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7292/pozeraczdusz2ff4.jpg

-----
02-26-2008 12:04 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i like that .... what about a splash of color though?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/0...ba/wolfhead.png

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 02-26-2008 12:38.

02-26-2008 12:34 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'd say that the basic monochrome fits in with the Tribal concept ..... if you look at most tribal designs they're more often than not black on background (usually white, fawn or skin)

02-26-2008 12:56 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

true but the hin of blue does it no harm Frown

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:00 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I agree that the hint of colour does look pretty effective (although try a blood red for the hint of colour, wouldn't mind seeing what that looks like for souleater). I just think personally that the monochrome fits the tribal tattoo feel better.

Something else that could be done as far as tattoos go is making 2 or 3 distinct tattoo sets (in effect tattoo 'skins') that can be changed to preference on the settings screen, similar to the way the item and pre/suff graphics are done at the moment.

02-26-2008 13:18 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

personally i like this

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/0...ba/likethat.png

comments?

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

that one works for a coloured version Smile like that

02-26-2008 13:32 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i couldnt get it right thoughFrown

im still playin around with it to see what i getBig Grin

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:33 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Now that is a tattoo UG3. Very nice....question is...when are we going to see something like this coming out??

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-26-2008 13:34 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
all tattos will be added this week

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/0...a/newwolfie.png

better or worse?

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:37 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

personal opinion: worse, I think the blue detracts from the overall effect

02-26-2008 13:38 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

ok coolWink

i hate "yes men" when im trying to get an opinion of something

cheers

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:40 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/0...emarksummin.png

ok i need a suggestion.... give me 2 colors and how you think it would look goodWink

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:46 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'd personally say the red as a single colour, but shade it from a blood red on the wolf's 'forehead' to a dark crimson at the end of the spider legs

02-26-2008 13:49 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/0...wolfiemark3.png

???????

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 13:54 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Now THAT is a souleater Smile damn fine job there UG3

02-26-2008 13:57 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

thanksWink

too bad it wont be used lol....

i play with pics for fun... i made This for BoS

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 14:01 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

nice ..... I'll have to get you doing a couple for BC Wink lol

02-26-2008 14:07 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Tattoo images

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH