Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Upgraded items » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Upgraded items
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Garat_Jax

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Question Upgraded items Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've just noticed that some of the items in the auction lists that are the same level as my own have lower levels for their skills requirements. Is this because some items start out with lower level requirments than others or are some people better at upgrading items than others?
01-27-2008 23:08 Garat_Jax is offline Search for Posts by Garat_Jax Add Garat_Jax to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be honest I quite don't understand what you are asking. Can you give us some examples?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-27-2008 23:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that what you are talking about are the results of different Prefixes and Suffixes...

OR

You mean different items ie. cap/helmet/hard hat etc. Yes they have different requirements at the start.

01-27-2008 23:16 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Or he is an absorber, but this was discussed before somewhere here.

01-27-2008 23:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Yeah, i think it's that, if you are an absorber you get your stat requirements lowered by 5% Smile

01-27-2008 23:41 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I think he means exactly the opposite.

quote:
Originally posted by Garat_Jax
I've just noticed that some of the items in the auction lists that are the same level as my own have lower levels for their skills requirements.

It means that items on auctions have lower requirements than those in his armoury.

I'm not sure but maybe it's because their owners are absorbers and the auction system copies requirements from their armoury.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-27-2008 23:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Mortis
Emperor

That would be very interesting.. never noticed something like this..

01-27-2008 23:56 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pat

Registration Date: 11-28-2007
Clan: NOYDB

Originally posted by Garat_Jax
I've just noticed that some of the items in the auction lists that are the same level as my own have lower levels for their skills requirements.

I first noticed this when trying to upgrade an item but the requirements were too high after the upgrade , yet when I saw the EXACT same item for sale it stated that my requirements were sufficient (so I bought it ) , I am an absorber so I am not sure if the whole 5% thing refers to " ready made " items only .
01-28-2008 00:42 Pat is offline Search for Posts by Pat Add Pat to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Well the insight from well of souls is without the 5% easiness.

01-28-2008 09:08 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Garat_Jax

Registration Date: 01-27-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Garat_Jax

Sorry I should have been more specific. I am an absorber but I’m not sure the 5% is the answer to this particular puzzle. Let me give an example I’m currently using a
Glock +4 which I haven’t upgraded any further because my knowledge and perception were a couple of levels too low. I was looking through the finished auctions I happened to click on a Glock +5 where the level requirements were low enough that I could have been using it already. So my question was just asking whether 1, the requirements on the item itself were lower to begin with which would mean some Glocks are better than others. Or 2, that some people upgrading weapons with less level requirements than others?
Hope that clarifies the question.
01-28-2008 10:52 Garat_Jax is offline Search for Posts by Garat_Jax Add Garat_Jax to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I think the answer remains the same, when you look at the +5 on your upgrade screen it doesn't take the 5% easiness bonus into account, but when you see it on auction it looks like it lowers the requirements by the 5% for absorbers viewing the item.

Just as a test, there is a sniper rifle +3 on auction at the moment ..... as a non-absorber, the stats I see are:

Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 22, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 40, INTELLIGENCE: 34, KNOWLEDGE: 36

if you could find the auction and post the stats that you see, we can have this cleared up in no time Smile hopefully Wink

01-28-2008 12:00 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Firetouch

Registration Date: 09-15-2007
Clan: BloodWych

Sniper rifle +3 from a Absorbers point of view

Req: Level: 32, Strength: 21, Agility: 35, Perception: 37, Intelligence: 31, Knowledge: 33

01-28-2008 12:32 Firetouch is offline Search for Posts by Firetouch Add Firetouch to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

is that off the auction thats up there at the moment fire?

01-28-2008 13:41 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

This is what I see as Absorber.. item is on auction..

Sniper rifle (+3)

Requirements: LEVEL: 34, STRENGTH: 21, AGILITY: 37, PERCEPTION: 38, INTELLIGENCE: 33, KNOWLEDGE: 35

01-28-2008 15:13 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Gendibal
Viking

Sniper rifle (+3)

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
non-absorber

Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 22, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 40, INTELLIGENCE: 34, KNOWLEDGE: 36

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Absorber

Requirements: LEVEL: 34, STRENGTH: 21, AGILITY: 37, PERCEPTION: 38, INTELLIGENCE: 33, KNOWLEDGE: 35

So the Absorber 5% easiness is taken into account when looking at auctioned items, but not when looking at your next levels of upgrade ..... problem solved Smile

01-28-2008 16:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Firetouch

Registration Date: 09-15-2007
Clan: BloodWych

My post is of the Sniper rifle +3 off the auction as well but i forgot to take into account my tattoos. Sorry.

01-29-2008 10:04 Firetouch is offline Search for Posts by Firetouch Add Firetouch to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

No problems fire, in fact we can now see that not only is the racial easiness bonus taken into account, but tattoos are as well ..... so something to bear in mind when upgrading is that you'll need to do a few calculations (or search the closed auctions for the same item at the levels you are upgrading to) to make sure that the upgraded item's stats are actually within your limits.

01-29-2008 10:18 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Upgraded items

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH