Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » The latest NASA mission... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The latest NASA mission... 6 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

The latest NASA mission... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Recently NASA succesfully launched 2 un-manned space ships into space and crashed them into the moon so that they could blow a little bit up to see if they can find water inside, now is this just me or is that just ******* stupid?

I mean the moon controls our tides so they theoretically could of moved it off its x or y axis by 1 milimetre and by the time that gets back to earth the tide comes in another 10 miles or somet stupid, or they could of caused an implosion and then we have no moon which means no night time, just day time and very cold "nights" and winters Tongue

Also blowing somet up surely cant be the best way to look for water? Wouldnt it be alot easier to go up there and drill some core samples?

So really what do you think, stupid or what?

P.S The idea of this stupid thing is that if they did find water they could have a permanent moon base! If they do i vote GayTiger to go there for say... a long time Red Face

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 10-13-2009 13:38.

10-13-2009 13:34 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1, if they used explosions to find water then yes, it was stupid. Probably an epic fail Wink

2, The law of physics prevent such minor things as 2 explosions to shift moon from its place. Bear in mind it's size...

3, Implosion? lol, how?

10-13-2009 13:58 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + DASH

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2 explosions wouldn't move it, look at the meteors hitting it

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
10-13-2009 14:05 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Also how would the removal of the moon prevent night time???

Someone needs a quick lesson in Physics 101

10-13-2009 14:49 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
foxy9
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Also how would the removal of the moon prevent night time???

Someone needs a quick lesson in Physics 101

Artoirs right

Earth turns, one sidefaces sun (day) opposite side faces away (night)

Moon is just like a mirror so night is not pitch black

10-13-2009 14:53 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Bhelliom666
unregistered

dumbist thing iv ever heard hahahahahahahaha no malics ment
10-13-2009 15:10
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

Hey

Ok I'm a kinda of Science buff (and I really like Astronomy) so here is my 2 pence worth.

Firstly - " rockets hitting the moon would cause the equilivlent damage to say - a pin price on your skin - It really does nothing.

Secondly - Looking for water on the Moon had already been discounted as the atmosphere around the moon is just too weak to sustain any form of water. Also the materials and core of the moon itself have no process of producing water. Ice also can't form on the moon as you need an atmosphere to create ice.

Secondly - The moon moving off it's axis - Wouldn't happen from 2 rockets. You would need an impact the size of a small meteriorite to cause this shift - also remember that the moon is moving away from the earth at the rate of 1/4 inch per year. (plz correct me if I am arong on this) So the moon if coming away from it's rotation of the Earth (Moon is too big to be held in perfect orbit).

If the moon was to dissappear - the following would happen :-

Tides would vertially all dissapprear - these are caused by the gravitation force of the moon moving round the earth. This would have some impact of the eco system of the earth as tides move the water round - without the water moving it would staggnate.

The moon does not generate any heat so therefore without a moon - it would be darker at night - due to the fact that there is no moonlight. - this will be continued...

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

10-13-2009 16:24 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

Raziel666

say more Big Grin i wanna know more about astronomy Tongue

and what physics 101? does it cover different topic or something?

10-13-2009 19:33 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

It is calculated that currently the orbit of the moon increases in diameter by about 3.8 cm (about 1 1/2 inches) every year, this is calculated by bounceing a laser off mirrors left by the apollo missions and reading the time it takes to travel and divideing it by the time taken using the speed of light 186,000 miles per second

but ofc if u dont believe that nasa visited the moon then u are either a fool or just open to conspiricy theorys

Someday, if the earth itself stops spinning, then the moon's orbit will gradually start to decay. So the day may come when the moon might come crashing down upon the earth, but that day would certainly be billions of years in the future.

In fact, current calculations are that the moon would finally stop moving away from earth approximately 15 billion years from now, but the sun will likely develop into a red giant and incinerate both the earth and the moon before then, in only 6 or 7 billion more years.

It is also predicted, that the inhabitants of earth will have most likely have terraformed mars and moved the majorty of human civilization there. This is because as the sun expands the zone in which life can exist as complex and diverse as it is on earth will shift and move further and further to the edges of our solar system

but if that happens then we have 2 moons to worry about, OH NOES what if they crash into each other....lolz

so all in all no real need to worry about the moon unless another planet/moon sized object was to collide with it and take it completely out of the equation but that again wont happen as jupiter and the other gas giants have a nasty habbit of stealing all ET objects Tongue

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-14-2009 10:12.

10-13-2009 21:50 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel
It is calculated that currently the orbit of the moon increases in diameter by about 3.8 cm (about 1 1/2 inches) every year, this is calculated by bounceing a laser off mirrors left by the apollo missions and reading the time it takes to travel and divideing it the distance time taken by the speed of light 188,000mps

but ofc if u dont believe that nasa visited the moon then u are either a fool or just open to conspiricy theorys

Someday, if the earth itself stops spinning, then the moon's orbit will gradually start to decay. So the day may come when the moon might come crashing down upon the earth, but that day would certainly be billions of years in the future.

In fact, current calculations are that the moon would finally stop moving away from earth approximately 15 billion years from now, but the sun will likely develop into a red giant and incinerate both the earth and the moon before then, in only 6 or 7 billion more years.

It is also predicted, that the inhabitants of earth will have most likely have terraformed mars and moved the majorty of human civilization there. This is because as the sun expands the zone in which life can exist as complex and diverse as it is on earth will shift and move further and further to the edges of our solar system

so all in all no real need to worry about the moon unless another planet/moon sized object was to collide with it and take it completely out of the equation but that again wont happen as jupiter and the other gas giants have a nasty habbit of stealing all ET objects Tongue

From wat i been learning in physics GCSE all there is correct.

U should pic we were shown of a huge comet/meteor hitting Jupiter after being spilt into pieced, there were like 7 impacts all = huge explosions

10-13-2009 21:56 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 09-28-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

can anything really "hit" jupiter, it's a freaking huge ball of gas o.O
10-13-2009 21:57 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Agresiel

hit as in enter its atmosphere yes

but hit the core which is thought to be solid (well molten)

probably not as the pressure and heat would most likely incinerate anything that got close, for example

we (earth) are hit by thousands of mini astroids or space debris every day but most burn up in the atmosphere and we as a planet are insignificant compared to jupiter so it would take a bloddy massive comet/asteroid to make it to the core probably planet sized

but then again size is just relative so ya know

haha

link Smile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2...er_update.shtml

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-13-2009 22:08.

10-13-2009 22:04 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

hehehehe i'm learning things

anyway a lil bit offtopic but wasnt there ment to be a giant meteor heading fr earth in 2014

and yeah the moon slowly moving away and all is true and about a couple billion years ago the moon was so close to earth that it was constantly stormy

10-13-2009 22:10 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Ok then

Top ten things about astonomy - Some you may know some you may not.

10. There are only eight planets in the Solar System since Pluto has been declassified to a dwarf planet.

9. If you could place Jupiter in Water it would Float

8. Did you know there is a giant blue sopt on Neptune? At 2500 miles per hour, it carries the highest wind velocity of any of the Planets.

7. Venus Rotates in the opoosite direction to the other planets.

6. The Asteriod Belt is actually the remains of t planet that didn't form.

5. All the gas giants have rings around the planet.

4. Uranus is tilted approx ninety degrees on it axis.

3. At over 30,000 feet high, Olympus Mons on Mars is the highest mountain in the Solar System.

2. Titan in the Only Moon with an Atmosphere.

1. With todays science it would still take us over 300 years for a manned space mission to reach our closest planet - Mars.

Do you have any interesting facts on Science - If so - let me know Smile

EDIT : Agresiel I must say I am impressed with your knowledge - However - The only flaw is to do with the rotation of any planet as this is directly linked with the rataion around the sun and the sun's graviational pull against that planet - also taken into account is the density of that planet - the denser the planet - the slower it turns (This is on the basis that all the planets where the same distance away)

On this basis - If all the planet where exactly the same distance away - would it surprise you know that the Earth is the densest planet and would there for turn the slowest.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Raziel666: 10-13-2009 23:30.

10-13-2009 23:17 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
nero

lol a dwark planet i think you mean ice dwarf =D, yeah we had an argument in ma science class about this and i think it should be a planet as it has an orbit it is more of a planet than jupiter as its like a heap of gas

10-13-2009 23:21 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Pluto was declassified due to the fact that there are more then a dozen celestial bodies that carry an orbit around the sun that was infact larger the Pluto.

Also Moons like Ganymede are larger then Pluto - So that is why Pluto was declassified to a Dwarf Planet

10-13-2009 23:30 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

10 interesting space facts of my own

10- time travel is possible in both forward and backward motions, all you need to do is break the speed of light many many times, now as one of the theorys of relativity states (i forget which one exactly) light is a universal constant and cannot be beaten in speed, however theorectical strings are thought to exist that could bridge a gap and effictivle assassit in time travel

9- aprox 70% of the universies matter or mass is missing, and is accounted for in mathimatical models under the name dark matter (yes like in final fantasy) and dark energy

8- lhc or large haderon colider under switzerland was created to look for another theroetical partical to help prove this theory (helix boson) or something like that can someone tell me as its really annoying me wat it is grrrrrrrrr EDIT:higgs boson Tongue

7- if you were to send a probe past the event horizon of a black hole and record its jorney once it reaches the event horixon it would look at if it had stopped completly

6- the standard laws of physics do not work when looking at really really big and really really small things

5- the leading theroy that is generally accepted in the scientifc comunity to discribe exactly how things work is called string theory

4- the vacum of space is not completely empty mini black holes and particals pop in and out of space, some believe this is proof of matter crossing the multi dimentional border, others dont care haha

3- string theroy is very complex (well duh) but it can be explained in leimans like the vibrations of a guitar sting when in the foundations of matter itself vibrates in an almost unpridictable fashion

2- einstien famously said that god doesnt play dice, when in actual fact if some variations on string theory (yes there are lots of differant string theroys) are proven it would mean everything is already decided shattering our preconcived notions of free will and choice

1- others like to believe in chaos theory which is commircially known to the public because of a mainstream film staring ashton cutcher which actually has 2 endings SPOILER ALERT
one where he goes back in time and kills himself in his mums womb
and one where he goes back in time and tells the love of his life to leave him alone or he will kill their whole family and then passes her on the street when they are much older cue credits

all of this was written from memory and i could be slightly wrong (or massively) on a few points as i have been out of education for 6 years lol things change

oooh extra bit of info

extra- the strongest (not hardest) material know to man is the carbon nanotube its tensile strength is something like 1500 times that of the hardest steel, and is hoped to one day create a space elevator to have easy ascesablitly to the moon

hope that was informative and thank you for the compliment raziel666

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-14-2009 01:12.

10-13-2009 23:59 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Bhelliom666
unregistered

DID U KNOW OF NEMEISIS???????

Well Nemesis is a hypothetical red dwarf star or brown dwarf, orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 50,000 to 100,000 AU, somewhat beyond the Oort cloud. This star was originally postulated to exist as part of a hypothesis to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record
10-14-2009 00:08
nero

oh oh there is so much more to chaos theory its ridiculas but anyway

there's a number (cant remeber the name given to it or the actual number itself) that is the same for hundreds of different things in nature such as if you divide the lenth or your upper prat of your arm(shoulder to elbow) to the lower part(elbow to wrist/hand), also the same fr the black and red on a ladybird, upper and lower part of your leg so on and so forth

10-14-2009 00:08 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:
Originally posted by nero
oh oh there is so much more to chaos theory its ridiculas but anyway

there's a number (cant remeber the name given to it or the actual number itself) that is the same for hundreds of different things in nature such as if you divide the lenth or your upper prat of your arm(shoulder to elbow) to the lower part(elbow to wrist/hand), also the same fr the black and red on a ladybird, upper and lower part of your leg so on and so forth

not so sure on that one nero i thought that was just a myth, patterns in nubers can be found almost anywhere if looked at long and hard enough

goes away and researches what nero said

behiolm i not quite sure i know what your talking about, name some mass extictions and im pretty certian there are other more plauseable causes, as the light from that star would take soo bloody long to get here im not sure how it could even effect well anything

but thats chaos theroy for ya, its just a sciantific way of saying there is a god if ya ask me its a load of tosh

10-14-2009 00:13 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
nero

i'm also quite sceptical of this time travel theory i really dont think its posible

10-14-2009 00:16 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Ok before I sit down to watch another episode of Futurama then go to bed I have to say that I like you style Agresiel. You're ten points are indeed correct - However - I have another theory on the Chaos Theory.

Very Simple as well

Every one looks for a reason as to why something has happened - it's just human nature - We have to in our minds be comfortable with ourselves - Example would be Man falls off a 50 story building - in our minds we have to assume he is dead -

However...

The Chaos Theory would state there that there is a chance of him surviving - it is all to do with randomness. Stand in the middle of a field with nothing around and the Chaos theory would indication that a grand piano could fall on your head and kill you.

You're mind is not able to cope with this - so I'll bet you just laughed at the piano - Why? You mind can't take in the random factor of the Chaos Theory and so therefore reality states that this is just a joke.

Did you know that the record for freefall and surviving is 37,000 feet - an air stewardess was in the bathroom when the plane exploded. She survived. It is theortically possible even though you will struggle to admit it.

Put simply The Chaos Theory is a theory of pure randomness - nothing more - nothing less.

I hope Agresiel you find this interesting... :p

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raziel666: 10-14-2009 00:25.

10-14-2009 00:24 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

as spacetime (the proven theory that space and time are interwoven) is distorted by forces such as gravity and the existance of mass (think of a funel with earth existing at the bottom of the funnel

if you were to go much much faster than the speed of light you can in theory arrive before you started. but going back in time is much much harder to do

going forward in time is simple and has already been done, by every astronaught that has ever gone to space because when u are in our planets orbit you are moving very very fast and the faster you move the slower time goes

astronaughts have come down from space and have actually experanced only say example 10 seconds when us here on earth have experanced 11 seconds this is proven and althought the actuall time is much much smaller the fact its proven means that forward time travel is possible as time percieved as we know it

10-14-2009 00:25 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Chaos theory is of course real. Why becasue i said so xD Cause and effect, one small thing can have a huge effect xD Shame the same cant be said for dj Wink Pwn'd
10-14-2009 00:25 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:
Originally posted by Raziel666
Ok before I sit down to watch another episode of Futurama then go to bed I have to say that I like you style Agresiel. You're ten points are indeed correct - However - I have another theory on the Chaos Theory.

Very Simple as well

Every one looks for a reason as to why something has happened - it's just human nature - We have to in our minds be comfortable with ourselves - Example would be Man falls off a 50 story building - in our minds we have to assume he is dead -

However...

The Chaos Theory would state there that there is a chance of him surviving - it is all to do with randomness. Stand in the middle of a field with nothing around and the Chaos theory would indication that a grand piano could fall on your head and kill you.

You're mind is not able to cope with this - so I'll bet you just laughed at the piano - Why? You mind can't take in the random factor of the Chaos Theory and so therefore reality states that this is just a joke.

Did you know that the record for freefall and surviving is 37,000 feet - an air stewardess was in the bathroom when the plane exploded. She survived. It is theortically possible even though you will struggle to admit it.

Put simply The Chaos Theory is a theory of pure randomness - nothing more - nothing less.

I hope Agresiel you find this interesting... :p

i did already know this it was recorded she broke every bone in her body but survived crazy i know

but i prefer to believe in multi dimentianal theroy which discounts chaos theory as i know it, because it states that every possible secenario that could every have been is played out in one of these dimentions so ofc someone will eventually survie freefall
it just seems nice and neat to me

compaired with choas thoery which is basically saying i dont know why that happened its just random and the abnornal part of chance and pobablity

10-14-2009 00:30 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

I like the chaos theory - there is something contradictional about organised chaos - lol

However I am fully aware of the multi dimentional theory and one that holds credit - if not able to be proven.

However given the massive expanse of space I also believe that somewhere in this universe I am have the exact same conversation sitting at a desk somewhere trillions of light years away - As there is no known know name for this - that I know of - I wish to call it :-

The Identical Reality Syndrome or funny enough IRS for short Smile

10-14-2009 00:54 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

i like your irs theroy even if it isnt a creditable theory as such it made me smile hahahaha

10-14-2009 00:55 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
astronaughts have come down from space and have actually experanced only say example 10 seconds when us here on earth have experanced 11 seconds this is proven and althought the actuall time is much much smaller the fact its proven means that forward time travel is possible as time percieved as we know it

Just for those that don't know, this was measured with an atomic clock Wink

And with regards to Einstein's theory of no such thing as free will, everything pretdermined etc; this has been coined Fatalism.

It's something I've studied in depth and when you take Cause and Effect and basic physics it makes sense.

Lets say the Big Bang Theory is correct. There were set variables at this moment. Things like mass, matter, force, etc. If you were to apply calculations to this event (something which humans can and never will be able to try and comprehend, even with all of Earth's computing power combined), a result could be calculated along a time scale.

The idea of Souls, some omnipresent "God" and other mindless drivel aside, all the universe is; its planets, stars and organisms included, are a never ending cycle of actions and reactions.

"The gravitational force of the moon causes the tide to come in on a beach. Light from our Sun reflects from the sea to a man's eye standing next to the sea. Neurons in his eye send signals to his brain, which are interpreted, then signals sent to motor neurons cause the muscles in the man's legs to push him up and away from the incoming tide.."

On an atomic level, all that happens in the above is a series of actions and reactions, cause and effect. Things that can be measured, recorded and predicted (perhaps as I said previously, not by human beings, but the idea applies).

Now one could propose that things aren't as simple as this. What about what takes place at a sub-atomic level? Then you're into Quantum Physics, and as a famous man once said..

"If you think you understand Quantum Physics, you don't understand Quantum Physics"

All delightfully fascinating stuff I must say Smile

10-14-2009 00:58 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Agresiel

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

"If you think you understand Quantum Physics, you don't understand Quantum Physics"

All delightfully fascinating stuff I must say Smile

lol yes this whole discussion has made wish i had taken the route into quantam physics but alas sex and drink distracted me Smile

quantum physics and quantum mechanics is so horrifically complex all you can do to explain it is try i dont understand all that much about it however the subject intriges me and i study as best i can Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-14-2009 01:05.

10-14-2009 01:03 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well it's still a very young field of science in terms of hard theories, etc. But a very interesting one nonetheless

10-14-2009 01:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:

Interesting. Except you'll find the reason time differs is due to speed, speed affects time, the faster you travel the slower time moves. However as you approach the speed of light all mass becomes energy, thus it is considered terminal velocity.

And yes Artoir, Quantum physics is interesting, if, complicated.

Your imperfection.
10-14-2009 02:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Interesting. Except you'll find the reason time differs is due to speed, speed affects time, the faster you travel the slower time moves. However as you approach the speed of light all mass becomes energy, thus it is considered terminal velocity.

And yes Artoir, Quantum physics is interesting, if, complicated.

I like the theory and applied practice to your thought - however - Time is not overly affect by speed until you reach the speed of light - once you can travel faster then the speed of light you will effectively start to go backwards in time. Such is the theory.

However new breakthoughs in science could state that the ability to bend or fold space to create a 'shortcut' could become available. The fact that Anti Matter can now be formed - even if for the briefest time - shows that anything is possible.

This bending or folding of space is commonly known as Warp Speed and effectly will allow you to travel faster then the speed of light.

The final method of travelling faster then the speed of light is through tachyon particles. Athough this is just a hypothosis. It is stated that Tachyon Particles are present everywhere in the universe and can travel to an infinate area of space in an infinate time. This would allow us to explore any sector of the universe in the blink of an eye.

But as stated - this has yet to be proven.

10-14-2009 09:14 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

raziel, agresial, artoir, raxis

may i ask u how far have u studied and what subject have u studied or what are u studying right now?

10-14-2009 09:18 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raziel666
Double Ace

I studied nothing - Came away with no grades

I'm not in school and I have no majors

I just enjoy Astronomy and watch the science channel.

10-14-2009 09:39 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

i have only gcse's and havent been in anyform of education since i was 16 (over 6 years ago)

i just love all things science fiction and esspecially space related i learned all i know from independant reaserch

which i believe is the best way to learn as people are much more motivieated to learn when its things they enjoy, rarther than the ridgidity and boreing ways that is the education system

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis

if you go back and read the paragragh above the one you qouted you will see i actually said that the faster you move the slower time seems to go

oh and also raxis, terminal velocity is usually used to discribe the maximum speed that something can go when traveling in an atmosphere NOT when discribeing the speed of light

terminal velocity- A free-falling object achieves its terminal velocity when the downward force of gravity (Fg) equals the upward force of drag (Fd). This causes the net force on the object to be zero, resulting in an acceleration of zero

light is not effected by gravity as far as i know only effected by what it has to travel through, for example the slowest recording of light is about 63kph when it was shot through super cooled sodium

the fastest light goes is in a vacum which is where we get the 186,000 miles per second

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-14-2009 10:12.

10-14-2009 09:53 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Also The schooling system for Astronomy is how man reached the moon.

THIS IS NOT ASTRONOMY!!! well it is - but why just look at the moon then the solar system is so much better. And anyway - Compared to Titan or Io - out moon is seriously boring.

The term astronomy means the studing of stars and planets. This really does need to be expanded and I believe it has - I just haven't checked the defention lately Smile

But it is not the study of our moon and how we reached it - to me - how we reached it is physics not astronomy.

Not sure where or not your guys will agree or not Tongue

10-14-2009 10:01 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:

.....how we reached it is physics not astronomy.

i agree

i also agree that our moon has got to be one of the most boreing plaxces in our solar system lol

but i dont know much about astronamy i preffer the physics side of things, so i found alot of your facts about planets very new and interesting raz

10-14-2009 10:10 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

quote:
quote:

.....how we reached it is physics not astronomy.

i agree

i also agree that our moon has got to be one of the most boreing plaxces in our solar system lol

but i dont know much about astronamy i preffer the physics side of things, so i found alot of your facts about planets very new and interesting raz

I have to agree - the moon is about as boring as watching an episode of eastenders... ok maybe not quite THAT boring - maybe a holby city or a hollyoaks - lol

I have always prefered the Astronomy to the Physics side of thing - with the exception of space travel - That fasinates the hell out of me.

Here's a question - Gene Roddenberry (Creator of Star Trek) Did he know something we didn't?

10-14-2009 10:15 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:

I have to agree - the moon is about as boring as watching an episode of eastenders... ok maybe not quite THAT boring - maybe a holby city or a hollyoaks - lol

I have always prefered the Astronomy to the Physics side of thing - with the exception of space travel - That fasinates the hell out of me.

Here's a question - Gene Roddenberry (Creator of Star Trek) Did he know something we didn't?

nah he was just like aurther c clarke had alot of ideas and we as inquistive humans decided to try and and make them come true as that generation grew up the dedicated themselfs to createing science fiction to realitly

as for space travel, that facenatied me i even went as far as starting to design an actual space ship that could seriously take man to anywhere, i encountered lots of problems however all i was able to get past except one, mini asteroids/space debris it moves so fast and with such utter devistation if they were to hit the so called ship then game over, so i gave up

and i agree about eastenders but NOT HOLLYOAKS THE GIRLS ARE FIT :p

10-14-2009 10:21 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

I agree with the women in Hollyoak are pretty fit

Funny enough though my Wife was in one of the best mood I have even seen when Sarah was killed - She said she looked like a man - I didn't think she was that bad...

Zoe if fit and I'm sorry - but so is Mercedes

Small Debris will always be a problem - and you would need some sort of protective shielding

10-14-2009 10:31 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » The latest NASA mission...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH