Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Plz Someone Help Me » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Plz Someone Help Me
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Plz Someone Help Me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 22993

Problem description:i am accessing the game from an internet dongle and ever few clicks i get logged out due to session expirey (ie ip change)

You have been logged out because of session expiry (e1-206.173.123.18(22993)/202.173.120.23).

not my real ip but you get the idea

now i have chnged my password a few times and switched internet browser and it keeps happening

i know i am allowed to play from an internet dongle as i did so all last weekend plz can someone help

10-16-2009 22:10 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well AFAIK dongles use sim cards to connect to the internet. I know some phone users have problems using BW as their IP address changes. This happens as your sim card signal switches from mobile mast to mobile mast, disconnecting and reconnecting.

Unless your operator uses Mobile IP, which allows mobile internet users to maintain the same IP whilst crossing networks, the IP will change.

This is probably what is causing the IP clashes.

With regards to a solution I'm really not sure I'm afraid

10-16-2009 23:35 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

from a mobile i know that opera mini allows constant access without disconnection all the time. i used to commute from northampton to london and back on the train and never got logged out, even when i lost and regained signal.

i used a dongle before too. the problem happened for me when it changed connection type (3g, gprs) the best thing i can suggest is put the dongle in a place where it receives the strongest possible signal, and doesnt fluctuate between 3g and gprs all the time as that is, i beleive, what causes it to have to disconnect and reconnect, which assigns a new ip

10-17-2009 01:03 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Plz Someone Help Me

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH