Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Covering or plain ripped off? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Covering or plain ripped off?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Covering or plain ripped off? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"it was a hard work to make this album, it was hard to make every song by myself"

That is a statement fromhp baxter, frontman of scooter in relation to their new album under the radar over the top.

Scooter "covered" over 20 hardstyle tracks for the album. How do they get away with releasing these tracks :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iruwYeOtro

One example of what they did

Justified or a downright disgracefull? wha do use think?
10-17-2009 18:15 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rip off. Pretty much a blatant rip off

Your imperfection.
10-17-2009 18:24 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by AudatiousTitan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep

It has sent the hardstyle community nuts. They have ripped off hundreds of tracks in their time. They didnt pay most of the artist for the rights(none as far as i know)

Statement from Technoboy (scooter stole lfrom like 7 of his tracks for the album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7lDlBDz2Wc&feature=related
10-17-2009 18:29 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Yep

It has sent the hardstyle community nuts. They have ripped off hundreds of tracks in their time. They didnt pay most of the artist for the rights(none as far as i know)

Statement from Technoboy (scooter stole lfrom like 7 of his tracks for the album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7lDlBDz2Wc&feature=related

I can imagine it has.

And talk about an offensive reply! Wow. I like the style Tongue

Not really my sort of music, though a little now and again is good, and even I recognised some of the tracks from hearing them

Your imperfection.
10-17-2009 18:34 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

i know, such sarcastic condescending remarks, best message ever tbh lol

They even ripped off paul elstaks rainbow over the sky...shameless. I kinda want them to move onto hardcore next....that really wouldnt work for them, there was be ructions.

Scooter fans try to rebut with " everyone covers music" hardly works when nothing was covered, just ripped
10-17-2009 18:37 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
i know, such sarcastic condescending remarks, best message ever tbh lol

They even ripped off paul elstaks rainbow over the sky...shameless. I kinda want them to move onto hardcore next....that really wouldnt work for them, there was be ructions.

Scooter fans try to rebut with " everyone covers music" hardly works when nothing was covered, just ripped

Since he/'s not given credit it's ripping. Backing tracks are ripped all the time, but that's not blatant... this is absolute blantant rippping. I would've though it's count as breach of copyright

Your imperfection.
10-17-2009 18:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

yea so did i

Anyone else know of blatent rippers? any genre, post vids aswell Tongue
10-17-2009 18:52 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I know one. They've credited it now, but when released they didn't.

WARNING: Explicit language + sexual references

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXRtXTkrEo

Listen to the riffs, you've got seek and destroy, sweet child of mine... loads of others. The whole song is written as a parody style song, but they did not credit the riffs right from the beginning

Your imperfection.
10-17-2009 18:54 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Covering or plain ripped off? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only one scooter album i liked and that was

"and the beats go on" (think thats right lol)

scooter has gone down hill so much they will nvr get back up there.............

there "loyal" fans are either ignorant of the fact that theyr listening to songs that have been ripped off others

or they really coudnt give a damn..................................

what would scooter do if their songs were been riipped??????????????

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-17-2009 19:00 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis

Listen to the riffs, you've got seek and destroy, sweet child of mine... loads of others. The whole song is written as a parody style song, but they did not credit the riffs right from the beginning

Didnt know they didnt acredit the originals on release :S least they have now tho, and its a cool song aswell, scooter just suck all together
10-17-2009 22:09 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:

Didnt know they didnt acredit the originals on release :S least they have now tho, and its a cool song aswell, scooter just suck all together

No they didn't... because they assumed everyone who was listening would know the riffs... which to be fair was not a bad assumption

Your imperfection.
10-17-2009 22:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:

No they didn't... because they assumed everyone who was listening would know the riffs... which to be fair was not a bad assumption

Yea true, i actually didnt notice the first time i heard it, when it was released :$
10-17-2009 23:16 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Scooter is amazing!

+1 for nonsense

10-18-2009 00:37 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Scooter is amazing!

+1 for nonsense

+1 for lying Wink
10-18-2009 00:47 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Lol silly titan, you posted a video which played every track twice Tongue (i'm kidding)

But yeah, i don't listen to music. But even that sounded like most every song there was ripped. I wouldn't be able to tell who was original though if you gave me a track of each song (scooters ripped one, original) without telling me in the first place.

EDIT: Raxis, that song was freaking hilarious XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 10-18-2009 01:10.

10-18-2009 01:05 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
Lol silly titan, you posted a video which played every track twice Tongue (i'm kidding)

But yeah, i don't listen to music. But even that sounded like most every song there was ripped. I wouldn't be able to tell who was original though if you gave me a track of each song (scooters ripped one, original) without telling me in the first place.

Fail Tongue music is what makes the world revolve xD
10-18-2009 01:07 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
quote:

No, the earth orbitting the sun at a slight angle aswell as the gravity from the sun pulling the earth is what makes it revolve.

I actually don't know if any of thats true, but music CERTAINLY ISN'T the answer XD

I'm backety back back
10-18-2009 01:12 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, the earth orbitting the sun at a slight angle aswell as the gravity from the sun pulling the earth is what makes it revolve.

I actually don't know if any of thats true, but music CERTAINLY ISN'T the answer XD

Lmao

Serious tho, u should really take the time out to listen to some music, i garentee u wont regret it. And i dont mean stuff from the charts, try some metal, edm, orchestral, industrial, hip hop etc...more than worth it
10-18-2009 01:15 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lmao

Serious tho, u should really take the time out to listen to some music, i garentee u wont regret it. And i dont mean stuff from the charts, try some metal, edm, orchestral, industrial, hip hop etc...more than worth it

Unless of course you find you like chart music Tongue

*Cough*

I think music and hugs make the world go around, but that's my personal thing.

Hmm I recommend some Weird Al, since it'd suit DJJ's personality, and Steel Panther

Your imperfection.
10-18-2009 01:22 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lmao

Unless of course you find you like chart music Tongue

*Cough*

I think music and hugs make the world go around, but that's my personal thing.

Hmm I recommend some Weird Al, since it'd suit DJJ's personality, and Steel Panther

HUGS *hugs raxis and aud*

Yup, the world is spinning around alot faster now XD

And actually i do like weird al but that's only because he parodies stuff. It's funneh. I like comical music, not ACTUAL music. Same with that song about toast... lemme find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrF_K1w2haE (no video, just pictures)

Unrelated, i think i have a blind spot in my eye...

I'm backety back back
10-18-2009 01:41 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

wtf lol

u do kno its my mission 2 get u into music now Tongue
10-18-2009 01:47 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Lol, well many have tried, and they've always failed. I much rather play games than listen to music Tongue

Make me stop playing games, and THEN it'll be abit more possible to make me like music XD

I'm backety back back
10-18-2009 01:55 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

u can do both Tongue

I play games, i loveeee games but music pwns games something serious....and thats saying alot Tongue
10-18-2009 01:58 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Covering or plain ripped off?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH