Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » If a tornado was to form....... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If a tornado was to form.......
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

If a tornado was to form....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had an idea whilst doin some wallpapering today, if a tornado was to happen in lets say America, would a missile stop it?

Imagine theres a tornado in full force ripping through houses and you had some form of explosive rocket/missile. Now if you were to time the explosion to just as it entered the winds of the tornado, would the shockwave released by the explosion disrupt the flow of wind around the funnel of the tornado and therefore stop it from rotating and destroying houses?

10-22-2009 18:14 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + DASH

RE: If a tornado was to form....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. It would have to be held to ground very well
2. Tornado's can change direction so u can't really jut shove it down
3. The explosion might make the tornado stronger

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
10-22-2009 18:21 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: If a tornado was to form....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foxy9

it coudnt make it stronger in my opinion

the shockwave(if strong enough) would disrupt the tornado though

would the tornado just ground itself again and continue

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-22-2009 18:24 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by foxy9

the rocket could be fired at it, the speed it takes for a rocket to reach its target is faster than a tornado changing direction. and i doubt it would make it stronger.

10-22-2009 18:29 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Surely the rocket could become caught in the vortex? Thrown aside

Your imperfection.
10-22-2009 18:40 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes Raxis is right, that is y i put POINT 1

10-22-2009 18:50 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 09-28-2009
Clan: Source

to create enough pressure to disrupt the vortex and to prevent reformation of it, would take something like a 100 megaton bomb, which would remove the place from the face opf the earth anyway
(well not literally, but considering the hiroshima bomb was only 15 megatons, it'd make a damn huge hole)
10-22-2009 18:55 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Surely the rocket could become caught in the vortex? Thrown aside

well yeah, that could happen but what if it detonated as soon as it hit the wind/wall of the tornado?

plus, the speed of a travelling rocket would be able to shoot straight through a tornado, unless it hit debris.

10-22-2009 19:01 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
foxy9
Lord

Lol, the rocket might be able to go through but it be like light on glass

/
/
----------------
I
I

Bit like that

EDIT
Dam forum thingnputs all writing to left, nm the diagram

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by foxy9: 10-22-2009 19:33.

10-22-2009 19:32 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

An explosion probably won't disrupt tornado, big bombs indeed release much pressure and temperature which can affect the wind, but these changes are gone after few seconds, so forget 'bout it Wink .

quote:
IGN: Atomos

10-22-2009 19:46 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

i recon a satelite that can shot lazarsz woud work very well =D

10-22-2009 19:54 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
An explosion probably won't disrupt tornado, big bombs indeed release much pressure and temperature which can affect the wind, but these changes are gone after few seconds, so forget 'bout it Wink .

my point, the only way for enough heat and pressure would be a bomb 5 times larger than has been dropped before Tongue
oh and im assuming an F3 rated tornado here, since they dont bat an eyelid at anything smaller.
10-22-2009 19:59 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
purenova

Registration Date: 05-19-2009
Clan: AvE

haha, mythbusters should try this. I think a bomb could actually disrupt a tornado enough to stop it. Think about it, if the explosion creates hot air rushing out. Cool air will rush in later to fill it in. This would result in a null of whatever was happening before wouldn't it?

Another thought. what if this rushing in does make it stronger? could we make SUPER TORNADOS? like keep shooting missiles into it and making it like a hurrican size tornado of death =P =P =P
10-22-2009 20:42 purenova is offline Search for Posts by purenova Add purenova to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Surely a explosive would destroy a tornado (and alot of other stuff) if it exploded inside. The explosion would push all the wind away. Wouldn't bloody matter about hot/cold air pressure or whatever, it's been BLOWN THE FECK AWAY!

That's my guess.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
10-23-2009 00:22 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
Surely a explosive would destroy a tornado (and alot of other stuff) if it exploded inside. The explosion would push all the wind away. Wouldn't bloody matter about hot/cold air pressure or whatever, it's been BLOWN THE FECK AWAY!

That's my guess.

-.-'
how badly you understand
it's high and low pressure coliding, sending one upwards and the other downards in a vicously fast vortex, you cant "blow" a tornado apart without massacaring the pressure differences.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by *GayTiger*: 10-23-2009 16:18.

10-23-2009 16:18 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

I did say "That's my guess" tiger, i never said i understood tornadoes, all i know is it's something to do with high and low pressure (i thought it was hot and cold XD) and lots of spinning wind that tears stuff away.

To me, they're like explosives, i don't care how they work, they're still awesome Tongue

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
10-23-2009 16:21 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

hahaha nem i don't know if gaz rememebers this Big Grin haha but there were about 8 around mine Wink hahaha they were only small ones but they distroyed a fair bit like :S nothing expensive haha Big Grin lol it was fun to watch Big Grin

xx

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

10-23-2009 18:15 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

You have to consider that the tornado is part of something bigger - the supercell thunderstorm.

Unless you disrupt the supercell thunderstorm itself, you would likely have another tornado, even if you were able to destroy the first. The thunderstorm's energy is much greater than the tornado. No one has tried to disrupt the tornado because the methods to do so could likely cause even more damage than the tornado. Detonating a hydrogen bomb, for example, to disrupt a tornado would be even more deadly and destructive than the tornado itself. Lesser things (like huge piles of dry ice or smaller conventional weaponry) would be too hard to deploy in the right place fast enough, and would likely not have enough impact to affect the tornado much anyway.

10-23-2009 23:41 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » If a tornado was to form.......

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH