Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What are you religious views? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What are you religious views? 8 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
deathadndespair

Registration Date: 10-31-2009

Tongue! What are you religious views? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I myself am a catholic. i am crtain that god exists, I can feel him in my heart. hes the true one.

So what are ur religious views? Christian, Muslim, Atheist?
10-31-2009 13:50 deathadndespair is offline Search for Posts by deathadndespair Add deathadndespair to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Atheist when i was younger my nana tried her hardest to get me to follow christianity but i do not believe in any religion for one simple fact this happens in all religions

innocent people die at young ages e.g i know a young lad who died at 11 years old who was a nice lad and never did anything wrong he also follwed gods teachings and there are horrible people who have done lots of bad stuff e.g. child molesting. murder etc and some of them live until 80 + years old if thee was a god i believe he wouldnt let innocent people die and let bad people live

god supposed to have created the earth and yes adam and eve was supposed to of eaten the forbidden fruit which released all this evil but surely if there was a god people say he is almighty but he cart stop people murdering and stuff like that he created us if you believe that why cart he control us?????

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 10-31-2009 14:04.

10-31-2009 14:02 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Sanguinarius

images/avatars/avatar-606.jpg

Registration Date: 10-19-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13 BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My religious view is well religion is dieing no one takes it a face value like thay did in the old days so less and less people belive

10-31-2009 14:16 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky
Atheist when i was younger my nana tried her hardest to get me to follow christianity but i do not believe in any religion for one simple fact this happens in all religions

innocent people die at young ages e.g i know a young lad who died at 11 years old who was a nice lad and never did anything wrong he also follwed gods teachings and there are horrible people who have done lots of bad stuff e.g. child molesting. murder etc and some of them live until 80 + years old if thee was a god i believe he wouldnt let innocent people die and let bad people live

god supposed to have created the earth and yes adam and eve was supposed to of eaten the forbidden fruit which released all this evil but surely if there was a god people say he is almighty but he cart stop people murdering and stuff like that he created us if you believe that why cart he control us?????

I know what you are saying. But why he can't control us? It is actually stated, God gave free will, but all will be judged eventually.

My own view is agnostic. I used to be a Christian, but I found direct contradictions that gave me enough proof not to follow organised religion. I do not believe, nor disbelieve in God. However I am skeptical about everything.

I can see this thread causing some rather... nasty arguements and warnings being given out.

Your imperfection.
10-31-2009 14:29 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

i am aethiest but IMO christmas is not a religious holiday it is a symbol that brings people together once a year.

for that reason i believe in christmas... ~ not christianity

god does not exist and religion is nothing more than a control mechanism for the masses....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-31-2009 14:39 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
i am aethiest but IMO christmas is not a religious holiday it is a symbol that brings people together once a year.

god does not exist and religion is nothing more than a control mechanism for the masses....

I agree with the point about religion being a way of control. But the existance of a God, or multiple gods is unprovable. Despite what Dawkins says.

Christmas isn't a Christian holiday either, it's Pagan. Christians stole it, by the records Jesus would have been born in mid-November

http://www.evilbible.com/

Your imperfection.
10-31-2009 14:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia

I agree with the point about religion being a way of control. But the existance of a God, or multiple gods is unprovable. Despite what Dawkins says.

Christmas isn't a Christian holiday either, it's Pagan. Christians stole it, by the records Jesus would have been born in mid-November

http://www.evilbible.com/

I do believe in christmas because of it brings people together with giving and recieving maybe al write a christmas letter to the creators for a leg sniper XD to be put in my armoury lol

also the bible isnt the same bible you would of read when it was created the bible nowadays is like chinese whispers thing would of been changed

10-31-2009 14:49 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:

I know what you are saying. But why he can't control us? It is actually stated, God gave free will, but all will be judged eventually.

My own view is agnostic. I used to be a Christian, but I found direct contradictions that gave me enough proof not to follow organised religion. I do not believe, nor disbelieve in God. However I am skeptical about everything.

Could not have put it better myself. Great minds think alike eh?

10-31-2009 15:02 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Clan: V13

my views on religion can be summed up in one phrase......, "lolreligion"

i dont know what to believe, and im happy with that.

religion causes more problems than it solves in my opinion.

10-31-2009 15:07 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

A recent scientific study (which I read in a magazine, so cannot link now) showed that belief is coded in our genes. If you'd separate a few humans they will eventually believe in something. That leads to the conclusion that belief is not necessary, the existence of any kind of god is just your imagination, afterlife is a lie etc.

I don't believe in any god or anything even slightly similar.

10-31-2009 17:39 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Sanguinarius

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
A recent scientific study (which I read in a magazine, so cannot link now) showed that belief is coded in our genes. If you'd separate a few humans they will eventually believe in something. That leads to the conclusion that belief is not necessary, the existence of any kind of god is just your imagination, afterlife is a lie etc.

I don't believe in any god or anything even slightly similar.

NOW I LIKE THAT

god is somethig people belive in cause thay need to belive in something or are compeled to belive its juat as the gunman says (the existence of any kind of god is just your imagination)

10-31-2009 18:32 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Wow, there definatly wont be any warnings given out in this thread......almost certainly to turn very nasty.

I am agnostic, i dont believe in a ny organised religions. I think that there is something superior than us out there but thats about it tbh. Some of the moral teachings of religion are good and form the basis of general decency, but the sheer amount of hypocrisy in organised religions makes it hard for me to believe in them.
10-31-2009 19:14 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Sanguinarius

I think we should start our own religion to go aginst the rules
of the other religions
anyone want to list the rules and laws well abied by???
and wed have to pick a leader

any one wanna nomnait some one?

i dont belive in anything god or any other i think we just live and we die make the best of what u got while u can cause u never know when it will be taken away from u thats my advice

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sanguinarius: 10-31-2009 21:51.

10-31-2009 21:50 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Wow, had this conversation with someone about 2-3 days ago on IRC XD

Well, i'm either Atheist/Agnostic, one of the two. I don't believe in god because theres too much suffering in the word, and surely a higher being would actually, you know, NOT let everyone suffer, but although i don't believe in other things like afterlife and stuff, i mostly HOPE i'm wrong. Because as much as religion seems silly to me, knowing that i'll die, be forgotten and just rot in the ground for the rest of eternity isn't exactly comforting XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
10-31-2009 22:09 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I'm not really a religious person but have personal beliefs. Was never baptised or Christened either.

I do believe in good and evil, that you cannot have one without the other however I don't believe in heaven or hell. I do believe in ghosts though and the possibility of reincarnation.

I believe in respecting Mother Earth, and if you treat this world badly it will retaliate with catastrophic events like tsunamis and hurricanes and earthquakes.

I think there are philosophies from various religions that make sense and apply to life but it not really a religious belief but rather common sense (ie, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you)

As far Christianity goes I think the Bible is an incredible collection of stories that have some truths but is filled moreso with great imagination rather then fact.

Religious beliefs in general have led humankind the world over to carry out some of the most horrendous crimes against itself. There's been far too much death in the name of religion for me to ever believe that it does more good then bad.

I celebrate Christmas, not as a religious event but as a chance to spend quality time with family. It's widely debated that Christ was born on Dec 25 or even close to it; the holiday has also incorporated other festival aspects that have no religious significance. It's just a fun holiday, see family I don't see all year, drink lots of alcohol, give and receive presents, eat large quantities of delicious food Pleased

Religious conversations usually end badly. I'm curious to see if everyone will remain respectful of each other in this thread...

10-31-2009 23:48 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

i agree compleatly with Hespera on this i wasent goign to post becouse i couldent be asked to type out aload of stuff Big Grin but since Hespera said more or less what i wanted to say i may as well agree Big Grin however i don't celibrate christmas on a hole i do solstice instead (the shortest day in the year and the longest day in the year)

how ever i only do the presant thing on the shortest day and genraly have a big party i nthe woods on the longest day Big Grin

11-01-2009 00:11 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Well, I'm quite religious, I'm evangelic, my opinion is: religion isn't popular lately because people expect of God some damn fireworks, miracles, and healings which don't occur just because we want them to, and jump to wrong conclusions (for example see crap like: "Why God doesn't heal amputees?" Geez I HATE that one!).

quote:
IGN: Atomos

11-01-2009 00:21 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Second reply because of undivisible.

I saw a video done by someone on why wont god heal amputees or whatever it is. It basically tried forcing atheism. Now, forcing religion in my opinion is stupid, wrong, and just downright rude, but the same applies to forcing any other belief, if you have one or not >_< I saw a video of theirs that made me rage, i can find the link if anyone wants it.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
11-01-2009 01:19 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I can personally think of a lot more interesting & positive things to believe in than any form of god or deity.

1) I believe in life evolving somewhere else in the universe.
2) I believe that the human brain is designed to believe (*nods to Diablo* - I've read several articles about that). Religion is not only a form of control, but also a means of stroking our self-inflated egos, so that we can blame something else for our own inconsistencies, inadequate mental capabilities, & or base, ruthless needs.
3) And I believe that human beings are the most troubled, and messed up species that has ever inhabited this planet, & the sooner we are wiped clean by a meteor, or something natural phenomenon, or by our own ignorant stupidity, then the rest of the world will just get on fine without us.

Now, all that said, here's something to make you smile & think at the same time:

Monty Python... feeling insignificant? Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-01-2009 16:22 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

"Can we have your liver then?" xD

Religion isn't just a mean of control/stroking ego etc, if there's no God then what do we have to live for? Most people would be better dead right away, if there's no God and hope for a better existance.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 11-01-2009 16:46.

11-01-2009 16:36 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
diablo

How would a god be a hope for better existence?
You used capital g so it is christian god. The all mighty, all powerful yet the one who never acts. Is that hope?
The meaning of life is not in religion or belief...

Religion is nothing but a means of control! I admit belief can do some good, but most of the wars were because of some religious issues. Take Crusades as an example.

11-01-2009 17:32 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

You're quite right, but you can't put every christian into one sack, crusades were done because of Pope's(head of roman catholic church) initiative, some religious traditions were also altered by him for the sake of better control, but nowadays many christians(for example: greek catholics, protestants, and many others) do not recognize his power and dogma.

Anyway I belive that my all mighty and powerful God will act someday, I don't need him to act now Wink . That's my hope.

quote:

11-01-2009 17:50 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
diablo

What do you hope he will do?
A rather strange belief you have, thats why I'm asking.

It has become very popular for Christians to abandon their church in hope that all the sins done in the name of their own god will become someone else's curse rather than their own. Quite hypocritical I would say. This phase of Christianity is as marvelous as every phase before. The person who said that everyone believes in the same god, but they call him a different name deserves a nobel price. Quite convenient that all the gods are actually one God...

Religion is a plague. It is the same as racism, sexism, etc.

11-01-2009 18:16 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
What do you hope he will do?
A rather strange belief you have, thats why I'm asking.
I believe that everyone will be judged, and the last people will be first, every unjustice will be paid back etc, you probably heard about that.

quote:
It has become very popular for Christians to abandon their church in hope that all the sins done in the name of their own god will become someone else's curse rather than their own.
I haven't heard about this, but sin is a sin, reasons don't make any difference, because God doesn't need anyone to commit sins.

quote:
Religion is a plague. It is the same as racism, sexism, etc.
It's a plague because someone uses it to control group of people? We are constantly under control of the country's leaders, so what difference religion makes to you?

quote:

11-01-2009 18:38 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Just adding my two cents...

I believe in a higher being, not necessarily the Christian God, but something jump-started the universe and we evolved from there. I also believe that this higher being created the world then went to take a nap for a good couple thousand years and left us to our own devices. It (yes, IT-male OR female) will probably wake up one day, look down at Earth and be like:"Oh, what the HECK just happened? Ah screw it, I'm starting over. *blows up Earth*"

I also believe in reincarnation and that there is a place, not necessarily a heaven or a hell, but a place where good and bad souls go. Yes, I believe in the soul. Good souls get 'paradise' or reincarnation, bad souls get 'damnation'. Or something like that. Of course there's limbo for those that aren't so black and white.

I live by a few simple rules that can basically be broken down to the ten commandments (minus the 'no other God before me' and the Sabbath day or other things that pertain solely to Christianity) since they are basically common sense. All relgions hold true to those same commandments when you think about it, the golden rule in most religions is the same:"Do onto others as you would have done onto you." or 'treat others as you would like to be treated.'

Humans have to believe in something, as Diablo and Cth said. We need to know we have a purpose to life and that's there's something after death. I also agree with Cth on his third point, we're a really screwed up species when you think about it.

The only thing I dislike about religious threads on ANY board are the religious advocates or as Lest puts it:"The Crazy Christians". Basically those manic relgious folk who try to convert you no matter what. Those are the only kind of people that bug me, they go against one of their own beliefs to accept all by trying to convert someone to their belief system. It's the main reason I'm weary about posting in threads like this...lol.

*goes back to her hiding place to write*

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-01-2009 18:50 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
diablo

And who will be the judge? Your God who has never been in a similar situation?
If your god is so almighty and forgiving, why is there a need for any judgments? What will happen to those who will be classified as guilty?

Reasons make a difference. Example: If I kill the murderer of my family, am I guilty? Guilty of what, murder, vengeance? Or simply doing what I thought was good?

It is a plague because it makes people feel dominant and actually hate everyone who is not in the same group.

11-01-2009 18:54 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Im can't be asked Christian as i don't go church, or prsy much.

(Anything i say might have been said before soz)
Im not sure but religion seems to get less hold on people as science takes over.

Here we go

Old day Egyptians (my be spelled wrong) believed strongly in God and this was mainly so Pharoh had power, as Pharohs were called Gods on Earth and anything they said = it be done

Then in the area of 1000-1600 ad Religion made wars and also was used by the highest powers of that religion to get what they wanted.

Nowdays people are starting to realise that God is literally a trademark of the church.

Most of this may sound bull (as usual) but meh i tried

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
11-01-2009 18:55 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
And who will be the judge? Your God who has never been in a similar situation?
If your god is so almighty and forgiving, why is there a need for any judgments?
We don't know if he has never been in a similar situation, the info we have about it is very limited. If God gave us freedom of will and doesn't interferes in what we are doing now, judgement is necessary, so he can fix any unjustice.

quote:
What will happen to those who will be classified as guilty?
Perhaps they won't be granted so much benefits, as the people they have hurt.

quote:
Reasons make a difference. Example: If I kill the murderer of my family, am I guilty? Guilty of what, murder, vengeance? Or simply doing what I thought was good?

Reasons don't make difference, because religious people aren't allowed to make judgements and kill anyone, in fact noone is allowed because lynch and things like that are forbidden by the law. Wink

quote:
It is a plague because it makes people feel dominant and actually hate everyone who is not in the same group.

You're writing about fanatism Wink . Normal religion shouldn't force anything, or make people hate each other, because it leads to sins, and makes some people dislike this religion.

quote:

11-01-2009 19:42 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008

As long as no personal insults are made by anyone, there's no reason the thread can't stay open. This is mainly because I can't stand people from any religion that feel that there is some sort of Taboo about questioning people's belief systems.

I will probably post again, however these are my initial thoughts upon reading this thread.

Raxis - With regards to Dawkins, he has stated himself many times god can neither by proved or disproved, but as a scientist he bases his beliefs on evidence. Of which there is none. He has also stated that unlike most Religious figures who are so stuck in their fantasy world, if someday evidence was found that God did exist, he would fully accept the evidence admit he was wrong.

As first mentioned by Diablo and again by Cthulhu, Religion is hard wired into us. Perhaps to encourage humans to group and bond or for any other survival reasons. Scientists are starting to see even monkeys and apes follow certain rituals, that are seemingly meaningless and triggered by events such as a rain storm, lightning or strong wind. All things that they have no concept or understanding of. Much like how the human race cannot grasp or understand things like the beginning of the universe, so attribute them to a god.

With regards to the Bible, how anyone can even fathom that it is a book full of good morals and uplifting stories.

This image is classic, I'm sure it was made as a joke but it's true

The message is that the god from the bible is absolutely nothing like the god so many have come to believe in.

And while we're on it and seems to be a hot topic these days, for the record my main pet peeve is Christianity, not Islam.

The true Islamic faith doesn't approve of anything the fundamentalists believe in. The original Quran taught genuinely positive things. It was only after some people realised a few hundred years later that it didn't cover all laws, that appointed figures added bits in. These are the bits the fundamentalists take hold of.

And with regards to the Crusades. They started because Christianity wanted to be the sole religion on Earth. The Muslims had no problem, in their eyes Christians and Muslims were brothers believing in the same God. Whilst not on the same level, Christianity is still like this today.

With regards to Jesus, well he supposedly came and died for our sins? How could Christians let that happen? Are they saying, 'It's ok to commit a sin, because someday a guy will come and die for them'. By honouring the statement that he 'died for our sins' just shows the selfishness Christianity seems to have so much of. Eat a delicious meal and have your friend pay the bill? It sickens me that Christians enjoy using that example so much.

/rant

11-01-2009 20:11 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

Religious Debates :- An argument about who has the best imaginary friend Wink

Personally i am an athiest, i was brought up to believe what ever i wanted, religion was never pushed or forced on me by my parents. I have read and heard many things about religion, but none have ever convinced me that there is anything out there to believe in.

I have no problems with people who have religious views, just as long as they do not try and force them on others. We have numerous Jahova witness's around my area, so we have quite a few knocking on the door. Not one of them has yet been able to answer one simple question, "what is it that you have witnessed?" So i politely ask them to come back when they know the answer...Haven't had a return visit yet Wink
11-01-2009 20:44 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
AudatiousTitan
Lord

To continue with what artoir has posted, Flamebaiting wont be tolerated either, so comments like GOD IS IMAGINARY should be toned down, just a little. This is a very touchy topic so even the vaugest of off hand comments could send this thread south.

Is it just me, or does the board seem to be mostly agnostic or aethist?
11-01-2009 20:53 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
To continue with what artoir has posted, Flamebaiting wont be tolerated either, so comments like GOD IS IMAGINARY should be toned down, just a little. This is a very touchy topic so even the vaugest of off hand comments could send this thread south.

This is where our views differ greatly.

If someone posted saying that they worhsipped The Flying Spaghetti Monster, people would laugh and say "Of course that's nonsense, he's obviously imaginary", and no one would bat an eye lid.

But if someone says something similar about the Christian god, there's a problem?

11-01-2009 21:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan

This is where our views differe greatly.

If someone posted saying that they worhsipped The Flying Spaghetti Monster, people would laugh and say "Of course that's nonsense, he's obviously imaginary", and no one would bat an eye lid.

But if someone says something similar about the Christian god, there's a problem?

It's because the Christian God is popular and widely known/accepted but the Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't. By bashing God, you inact the wrath of oh...a couple million people who believe in him. It's like bashing other popular things in culture, if you don't like something that's popular it'll start a flame war one way or another.

To be honest, there are a lot of hypocritcies in the Christian religion, a good deal of things are inconsitant. That's the reason I'm not a Christian.

@Titan: Yeah...I don't think a game about vampires would be very appealing to most hardcore Christians....lol.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-01-2009 21:07 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Basically what lys said. I said just to tone it down a little, having it as the first thing u say in block caps is clearly provocative Wink I believe its true tbh but if someone posted "anyone who doesnt believe in religion needs a slap" in caps it would invoke a similar responce

Edit: ofc it is lys, religous folks love vampires Wink
11-01-2009 21:12 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

Thanks artoir.

So what you are saying titan, is that we can't have humor in this discussion???

That quote was given to me from a very religious friend of mine, seems he found it very amusing, obviously some have a sense of humor some don't.

And hey, what's a debate or discussion if it's not provocative??? Everybody puts their views out there and people discuss, just cause you don't like something doesn't mean anything needs toning down.
11-01-2009 23:00 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
We don't know if he has never been in a similar situation, the info we have about it is very limited. If God gave us freedom of will and doesn't interferes in what we are doing now, judgement is necessary, so he can fix any unjustice.

That isn't true. Judgement necessary... well you know that God encourages rape, murder ect. in the old testament right? Also it is stated that God will forgive any sin, as long as you ask... thus you can do what the hell you like, and as long as you ask for forgiveness you will be. That's not right.

Artoir: I'm referring to Dawkins actively telling people in the street they are wrong. And also, he did state that he had given evidence which disproved God at one time. It was that I was referring to. Clever man though.

The reason you are not allowed to say God doesn't exist, or Allah doesn't, is becuase they are widely accepted religions, and thus suddenly above freedom of speech.

quote:

I very nearly said I was pastafarian Tongue The Atheist/Agnostic society at uni was giving out free tins of spaghetti to wave at the Christian societies.

I don't really mind people believing what they want... but you know when someone rams it down your throat? That ticks me off

Your imperfection.
11-02-2009 02:17 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:

I don't really mind people believing what they want... but you know when someone rams it down your throat? That ticks me off

I completely agree. But it IS rammed down our throat day in and day out.

Preachers, posters, televised services, advertisements across all forms of media, people on the street, our government, our schools to name a few!

11-02-2009 02:56 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:

I completely agree. But it IS rammed down our throat day in and day out.

Preachers, posters, televised services, advertisements across all forms of media, people on the street, our government, our schools to name a few!

I went to a C of E primary school. So yes. But at secondary I never really had that happen, it was taught with a good perspective, looking at all aspects

Your imperfection.
11-02-2009 03:04 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well in most schools in NI (I dont know about England), Religion is a compulsory GCSE.

Now since religion is a big part of our world, it should be studied.

But when a child's grades are based upon open-ended questions that are marked wrong unless they fall into line with Christianity's hypocritical and sometimes bonkers teachings, there is something seriously wrong

11-02-2009 03:46 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

iv just changed my mind....

im actually a jedi.....

im about 3 feet tall and green and wear a robe and play with a glowing stick.....

in all seriousness though religion causes wars

most major wars were started over religion.....

i dont mind people beliving in thinds as long as they dont try and impose it upon us.... thats the main rason i dislike jehovas... if i WANTED to become a jehova's witness i would find THEM....

people knocking on my door and going this is what you must belive nearly got me arrested for assault when they wouldnt leave after 45 mins of me saying im not interested please leave...

religion is still a control mechanism for the masses

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-02-2009 12:26 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What are you religious views?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH