Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Bloody vs Deadly » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bloody vs Deadly
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Bloody vs Deadly Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What set would be better for a 2-handed gun

Bloody Set: (+1) +7 PERCEPTION +17 CHANCE TO HIT WITH MELEE
(+3) +11 PERCEPTION +21 CHANCE TO HIT WITH MELEE

DEADLY Set: (0) +15 dmg
(+1) +15 dmg

Whats your opinion ?

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
02-09-2008 11:54 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

RE: Bloody vs Deadly Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If it's a gun with more then 2 attacks, say a hunting rifle or ak-47 then i'd go with the damage set increase because hunting rifles have the perception bonus, and damage would be better when you have more attacks as criticals would do more damage.

But if it's a gun like a sniper rifle with only 1 attack or shotgun with 2 then i'd go with the perception set because then it's obviously more important to hit them then to do damage. No hits = no damage = lose

02-09-2008 12:27 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
DarkOne
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DarkOne
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok but you have to consider the normal abilities of these items as well
Bloody : + 6 Hitpoints per hit ( at least for set )

Deadly : + 15 all weapons damage ( at least for set )

created by Dontmess
02-09-2008 13:20 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm well some people would think bloody is good for more attacks but it's only 6 hit points. Maybe bloody is good for ak-47, alot of attacks and then more chance to hit + the hitpoint recovery, but for hunting rifles, i still think deadly would be better.

What 2h gun do you use?

02-09-2008 13:25 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
DarkOne
Lord

ak and hunting
ak for ambushes
hunting for expeditions

created by Dontmess
02-09-2008 15:18 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

hmm, in that case i would go for bloody. It'll be more useful to you for ambushes and could mean life or death in an expedition Wink

Hope this helps

02-09-2008 17:24 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
DarkOne
Lord

yeah thx other opinions ?

created by Dontmess
02-09-2008 17:28 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

I agree go for bloody

02-09-2008 18:25 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

bloody is defently the best, perception is important especialy on expos, so i would go for bloody
02-09-2008 18:29 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Bliitz

Registration Date: 02-05-2008

you use multiple attacks. You have plenty of chance to hit. Use Deadly.
02-09-2008 21:09 Bliitz is offline Search for Posts by Bliitz Add Bliitz to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Deadly set is better for weapons with many attacks as the bonus is multiplied by the number of attacks. Bloody is better for 2h guns as they don't have many attacks and the probability of missing is higher.

For example you have 50% chance of hitting with any gun. Let's say you have 2 Scorpio's (+3) with 4 attacks each. The probability of missing all attacks is 0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5=0.00390625 what gives about 0.4% chance. With only one attacks in a 2h gun the probability is 50% so you see that Bloody is better for 2h guns.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-10-2008 01:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DarkOne
Lord

what about an ak-47 i got 6 attacks with that bloody still superior ?

created by Dontmess
02-10-2008 11:57 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Nope, with Ak-47 Deadly is better. Bloody is good for weapons with 1 or 2 attacks.

02-10-2008 12:28 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

I'd love ta have both. With 2 guns I would use Deadly for black dragons and Bloody for phoenix, hydra etc (so that I could finally hit them Wink )
To be efficient with 2 guns you need a lot of damage and many attacks.
I would suggest a balance between them - Bloody Bandanna of Precognition, Bloody cape of Caligula/Death Sower and Bloody shorts of Shepherd.
With these you would have nice perception, damage and defence as well.
The same with Deadly, more usable for players who can do 110 perception Wink

02-10-2008 14:21 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Both are unfortunately very very expensive, so i would prefer getting the better one. However anything having a high defence would cancel my tattoo. and i seriously doubt it is possible to get the perception up to 110 in expeditions, with a deadly set, ( ok unless you are very very lucky with jewellery)

created by Dontmess
02-10-2008 14:52 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Solar set of Bat would give a nice perception boost Smile

02-10-2008 19:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

How about Hawk's set? Any ideas what that does? It has a perception bonus. (and I can't help myself but I think it was Scyanide who bought it from the auction)

Other option is to wait for the 1.1 patch and get the new race...

02-10-2008 20:28 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

hm true new race could work, and would definitelly suit a gunner, i will consider that maybe i change into sniper if i choose the new race. Considering 1.1 deadly is definitelly better

created by Dontmess
02-10-2008 22:28 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Bloody vs Deadly

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH