Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Wtf!!!!!!!..... Sieges.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Wtf!!!!!!!..... Sieges.... 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Angry Wtf!!!!!!!..... Sieges.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

right what the hell is going on.... and i'm not the only one who thinks like this...

blood WARS whats the one thing that comes in to your head when you think of a war ..... and in this game its a SIEGE... SIEGE.... WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GOOO

cesarz said about this and they are very mixed views and obviously the patch of the poh gained in ambushes will not be taken away so WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE WANTING TO JOIN A SEIGE and using a lame excuse of "i don't want to lose my poh"

fair enoughs thats wonderful but WHYYYY!! when you can get it easy... and AND from buildings...

everyone keeps on coming up with new idea's on how to make the game better, when i first started playing its was FUN to start a siege and like hammies idea .... against expo mobs its still gunna look like a siege report... what really is the difference between it being against another clan or against expo mods?

other idea's of bringing clans together.... NO ONE JOINS BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE POH!!!!

this has really wound me up, organized and aggressive sieges there is none at all unless it involves a swap of squares for building upgrades or to complete tasks

a siege is battle of the fittest aren't they, which clan is better, i mean what the hell .... the last couple of sieges i've been in have been epic,
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7a78831c6c
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=41e5f31b9c
WE DIDN'T WIN..... BUT IT WAS FUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
LOOK HOW LONG AGO THEY WERE D:

why don't we have sieges like that anymore. they were the best, they were exciting, they were like wow .... ( i know i get excited very easy obviously ¬_¬)

but we pay for this game and all we are doing is expos ambushes and quests... its becoming monotonous..... nothing to like go "OH CRAP" about or "MMWWAHAHAHA" about. like waking up and logging on one day and find there is a siege starting ....

me and someone else have been talking and i would LOVE to start up a siegeing clan, or even get everyone back in to doing them, and focus on doing sieges, and square swapping. you can't lose poh within 24hours of joining a clan ....

this might actually average out the expos as well because people are going mental about 1 the cost of the spawn in the area's and 2 the expo monsters being empty a few days after the spawn .....

I WILL CARRY ON PROMOTING SIEGES, AND I WILL GO TO ANOTHER CLAN IF I'M ASKED TO JOIN A SIEGE. NO MATTER IF ITS BIG OR SMALL.....

i might not be the best sieger or anything like that but god damn it what the hell is up with trying. having a bit of fun. bring some excitement back in to the game with seeing who can beat who?

yeah one on one ambushes simple you know who you can beat and who you can lose but it doesn't say anything about a clan does it......

BRING BACK THE SIEGES PLEASEEEE!!!!!

please someone else has to agree with me ........

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

11-08-2009 16:06 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: WOLF

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree everyone should volanteer for the XMAS BATTLE ROYAL..

11-08-2009 16:26 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oddly, I'm arranging a siege with BC-E as I write this... Coven, DARK, Night and BC-E look willing to siege (judging from the thing in mismash). So really, you just have to ask. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-08-2009 16:28 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Do you want sieges back? Get them back! It takes more than a whiny post on the board!

The same as I said in Cesarz's thread. Stop whining and organize something yourself.

11-08-2009 16:34 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

tbh with u lot i couldnt care less what the seige was about poh or not...
ill b happy just to see a seige happen i couldnt care less who it was against.. il b happy to go against bos Db or who ever for a laugh...
a seige is a seige..
half the time ppl dont even reply back about seiges..
it got that hard dark and night was tryin to seige eachother for honour it just didnt work too well tho lol..

one thing i cnt stand tho is when your havein seige and ppl go cryin to bigger clans cos they think the seige is unfair.. its not about the points of the clan its about what type players u have!
11-08-2009 16:35 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

In all seriousness, i can tell you one of the biggest things about seiges these days is the fact once you start a seige, 5 seconds later theres a whole clan crying calling in mercs..

Yeah obviously you dont want to lose a square but its almost instant that bigger named players, ( which names will not be given ) start helping in seiges JUST to get there name shown around the place and to make people respect them a bit more.

You may dissagree with me there but i can garantee i know alot of people who do as theyve told me themselves.

I think BW has tryed to combat this by putting in this 12hour rule of clan changes, but the ironic thing is now, people dont get POH from this.. so in all honesty there helping people defend for people they dont even know just because theyve been asked.

Its called like Bea said bloodWARS.. not HuggleKuddleWuddle, if people dont like being seiged then just dont play or moan about it..

rant over Evil Big Grin
11-08-2009 16:37 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Theres nothing literally stopping you...

go out and organise a seige...

if the update made it so easy to gain poh, you shouldnt care about losing so organising seiges should be EASIER!

11-08-2009 17:18 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

just tryed to start a big fun siege got screwed over by higher pointers not wanting to lose a single bit of poh when i bet they all have 1'000's+

lets get rid of that old patch and bring back good ol poh sieges as only way to get poh

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PureDoom01: 11-08-2009 17:20.

11-08-2009 17:19 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Beatrice_2

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

if the update made it so easy to gain poh, you shouldnt care about losing so organising seiges should be EASIER!

you would have thought so wouldn't you....

everytime a siege is suggested ... they go... "i don't want to lose my poh"

its stupid

11-08-2009 17:19 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice_2
quote:

its stupid

read my post bea i just proved your point Tongue

11-08-2009 17:20 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by PureDoom01
quote:
quote:

its stupid

hahaha sorry i think i posted it without refreshing first haha Wink haha okays Big Grin well yeah Smile i think i've had my rant now.......

i hope this will be the start of people agreeeing to more sieges Big Grin and as i said i'll happily join ANY Smile Big Grin xx

11-08-2009 17:25 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PureDoom01
quote:
quote:

its stupid

hahaha sorry i think i posted it without refreshing first haha Wink haha okays Big Grin well yeah Smile i think i've had my rant now.......

i hope this will be the start of people agreeeing to more sieges Big Grin and as i said i'll happily join ANY Smile Big Grin xx

start a siege on me and tell everyone to pile Tongue go on <3

11-08-2009 17:27 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

quote:
quote:
Do you want sieges back? Get them back! It takes more than a whiny post on the board!

The same as I said in Cesarz's thread. Stop whining and organize something yourself.

quote:

GREAT IDEA GUYS, LET'S JUST GO AND START A SIEGE COMPLETELY UN-ANNOUNCED AND HOPE FOR THE BEST! /sarcasm

Almost no clans want sieges (look for the important word ALMOST)
The clans that DO are usually way over-powered compared to each other.
At least ONE player goes and &#%$s it up when there IS one.
And un-announced sieges just cause sheetstorms to brew.

And one point that you two seem to forget.

The bloody players are afraid to lose their tiny freaking POH they already have, that tiny, easy to earn 20 &#^$ing POH >_<

You try getting a siege going when basically every clan is too much of a pussy to actually follow through >_<

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
11-08-2009 17:49 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

you know what should be done i've just had a brain wave.... have a place on the board somewhere saying the clan name and a name of the person on the clan to be sieged to be sieged. and whoever wants a siege do the siege and just start it?

it can be completely random like for example...

Clan name: Bloodykingdom
Seige name: Beatrice

something like that for just a clan leader/dep to post on and whoever is up for a siege then start one? can be with a completely random clan?

what about something like that?

just anything to get the sieges back up and running Smile xxx

11-08-2009 18:18 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

you mean abit like what is being done here

PoH Seiges

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by spawnraloom: 11-08-2009 18:21.

11-08-2009 18:20 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

oh i had no idea that was running OMG D: yus exactly like that or something like that xx

11-08-2009 18:22 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Like I said Bea, DARK, Coven, BC-E and Night are all willing to PoH siege as long as we get enough members. The patch made it easier to get PoH but harder to keep up sieges.

I have... 3591 PoH. Even if DARK lost a PoH siege, I'd loose about 1099 of it. I'd still have well over enough to start expos. As the days wore on, my hospital would regan my lost honor with no problem. I really don't see what the big issue is over PoH sieges. Attack 8 people that yeild even 10 honor and you get 80 easily. If you're on premium, you get 160. if you have a level 5 hospital (which most z3's do) you can easily gain...120 a day.
So, even assuming you don't get in on every attack and you're non premium, you can gain 160 POH per day in a Z3 which you can borrow from a clan mate if you want. as a premium getting into half the attacks, you can gain 200. Two days and it's enough to do a hydra as a non premium...which can only start an expo every 2 days. Wink (the math: 40 poh from attack + 120 from hospital = 160. 160 x 2 = 320)

Again..what's the issue? There is none. People are just being...rather stingy. Which really sucks for those non premium players in Z4. No sieges means a gain of at most 80 poh a day. It would take a week to get to do higher level expos. People just have to plan when doing PoH sieges, that's all.

Oh and just randomly starting one doesn't work. Tried that today, it had to be called off becaus the other clan didn't want it.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-08-2009 19:41 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
quote:

the fact that you need at least 5 peopel on each side, then peopel refuae to join to prevent PoH loss, that helps nobody.
sometimes whinging does help.
the message will get round, eventually the majority will come round, then we can have the sieges back.

gf.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

11-08-2009 20:49 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I was soooooo excited when I logged on today and randomly someone had started a siege on our clan. Then quickly was thoroughly disappointed when I went to see who's joined and the siege was gone. And I've been given 3 different reason for why it was called off all by different people...

Coven will do poh sieges. Someone can siege me, or Bloodqueen or Hyperborean. those 2 are inactive and will not moan and complain about anything ever!

11-08-2009 21:08 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
quote:

Agree tbh

If your so desperate for seiges bea then why not start your own clan O.o
and to others instead (this has been said before) of whining on here why dont you I don't know maybe start a seige Shocked now theres an idea for ya Tongue

I myself have organised one for next week because I realised that its not hard to do something about it Pleased yer of course your gonna get some people who won't want to join in well maybe thats because they are happy with doing just expos and quests and ambushes. But you guys instead of whining on here get off your arses and start some seiges or start a little network of clans so you can do your own. It really is that simple folks.

Hespera lol I too was like omg we're seiging coven hmm... been a while Tongue but I think it got cancelled because it was a bit too spontaneous yer swifty can be like that Wink but I'm sure we can arrange something like we used to have.

And ffs guys stop moaning about the patch that at the time was heralded as "the best idea the devs have had."

Bea one last thing I know CES had a good old moan about it in his thread but when was the last time DB did a seige? Exactly...you'll find it's the clans outside the top5 like Source/Coven/Clockers that are trying and seeing as you remain in DB/BK then no wonder there's not much you see going on. I've been in Source for a good while now and no one has got in touch about a seige other than maybe Coven or Clockers so the best thing to do is like has been suggested DO IT YOURSELF or INSTEAD OF MOANING TRY AND FIX IT...

Don't see this thread being open very long Tongue
IGN: Apollo
should you wish to contact me about seiges or moan to me about my moan about you moaning Big Grin

EDIT: Forgot Lys and DARK are always keen on here.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Apollo: 11-08-2009 22:05.

11-08-2009 21:33 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
quote:
quote:

Hespera lol I too was like omg we're seiging coven hmm... been a while Tongue but I think it got cancelled because it was a bit too spontaneous yer swifty can be like that Wink but I'm sure we can arrange something like we used to have.

it got cancelled (well i cancelled it because) not many people were joining they all complained about losing poh and not given time to use there 5000's of poh Tongue

11-08-2009 22:44 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

I think about 3 members in each clan actually want to siege just for the sake of sieging someone.

Try it sure siege someone that listed their clan as possible sieges in Mishmash and see the co-operation you'll get from your clan and the other clan if successful the 1st time it won't be the second time I could bet my character on that.

And hey why not name and shame them in the battlefield section.

11-08-2009 23:13 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
Agree tbh

Thanks.

If someone wants to do a PoH siege with BoS please let me know and I'll see what can be done.

Btw, Great topic title, plus the fact that there are now 3 threads about the same thing. Where are the mods?

11-09-2009 09:04 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

i think there should be somthing implemented in the game to make ppl want to start sieges maybe a small xp gain or somthing else cuz it's called bloodwars yet there doesn't seem to be any war at all and games are so much more fun when there's conflict

11-09-2009 10:40 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

ok well, theres a topic on poh seiges in mishmash.... NO discussion is to take place there, its just to advertise that your clan is available for a seige.

this is the discussion thread which is going round in circles....

i agree with diablo on this. stop moaning about lack of seiges!!! ive tried to arrange seiges for boot but it seems that too many people are happy to sit on what poh they already have. i currently have 18524. mainly because i werent able to expo for a while. but if im willing to join a seige with this lot, im sure others out there can risk 2-300 or so......

anyway, if theres nothing else to add to this thread ill close it.

11-09-2009 11:03 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

ok... i have 1300 PoH.... it costs me 3-400 PoH to start an expo if not more....

i am ranked 12th with 2 people higher than me that i can hit...

i sit in z4...

so where am i supposed to gain my PoH from exactly?

i rely on swapping with others inside my clan (diablo,mortis etc)

but they can always swap with me as the squares are shared between clan members...

i have enough PoH for about 2-3 expos maybe 4 if i push it .... im happy to join a siege but i will not join just for the hell of it... i will join if i am needed and pls if ANY clan wants a PoH with BoS i will be happy to set it up and make sure its balanced.....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-09-2009 11:33 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009
Clan: Source

for the love of god either seige or dont seige.

there doesn't need to be a thousand threads on the subject all started by a different person stating, " ZOMG i wantz teh poh seiges back where they gone? \o_O/ lolololol!!!one!!!1!1! " followed by everyone else coming in saying good point, hurp durp durp this is an original out look on the subject, your right there are no seiges etc etc.

stop whining and get on with it.... to use the proverbial expression its time to bleh or get off the pot >_>

11-09-2009 12:31 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

quote:
Originally posted by Faquarl

there doesn't need to be a thousand threads on the subject all started by a different person stating, " ZOMG i wantz teh poh seiges back where they gone? \o_O/ lolololol!!!one!!!1!1! " followed by everyone else coming in saying good point, hurp durp durp this is an original out look on the subject, your right there are no seiges etc etc.

stop whining and get on with it.... to use the proverbial expression its time to shit or get off the pot >_>

its all good to say get on with it but they were fun and ppl want em back so while ppl still want em back no ones simply gonna just get on with it

11-09-2009 12:41 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Faquarl

stop whining and get on with it.... to use the proverbial expression its time to bleh or get off the pot >_>

Mabye one day you will learn....+1

Thread closed, seige threads are utterly pointless. You want a seige sort one out, no point in creating multible threads that change nothing.
11-10-2009 03:20 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Wtf!!!!!!!..... Sieges....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH