Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expedition Mobs 5 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Expedition Mobs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Desert Ephermeh Expedition

Shockwave on round 3
Fireball and Shockwave on round 5

Surely there should be some control on usage of special powers ...... for instance:

i) only 1 power per round and a recharge time that leaves at least 2-3 clear rounds between the same attack being used.

Or

ii) if both powers are going to be allowed in a single round, then that should prevent its standard attack (along with recharge time).

Wiping 3/4 of a 4 man partys hit points out in closely packed special attacks (and this is not an isolated incident) isn't bad luck, its poor design on the Mobs ..... and even worse, it doesn't give much hope or chance to the players and clans just starting out on expeditions.

And the new patch's upgrading of Mobs isn't going to help matters either.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-11-2008 09:41.

02-11-2008 03:34 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=19597a999c
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=fb687e0745

2 more of the same thing, both in the same night :/
someones been messing with the settings or are we just freakishly unlucky ???

02-11-2008 04:02 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Gendibal
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Freakishly unlucky, but it's a situation which shouldn't be permitted to happen ...... because if they don't have to recharge for 2 or 3 rounds between each instance of the same special attack, then they can simply wipe a party out in a few rounds.

Another alternative would be to reduce the HP% threshold where the special attacks become available.

02-11-2008 04:12 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

For example on polish server there was an expedition and the party fought a golem. The golem performed it's special attack earthquake (all opponents are frozen in place) 4 times from 7th up to 10th round and that was a draw... The golem had only ~500 hp at the end of the battle... Something really has to be done.

Btw. I've put this example because polish servers are very similar to this one Smile

Expedition report in polish:
http://r2.bloodwars.interia.pl/showmsg.p...&key=d8185eab84

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-11-2008 04:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gendibal
Viking

Thats a valid report wherever it's from, it shows another case of how overpowered the special attacks can be ...... whether the attacks are damaging or stopping damage, it is perfectly clear that rather than concentrating on powering up the Mobs patch after patch, the devs should be looking more at (Back to this again) balancing the power ups with drops in power elsewhere to make sure the Mobs are not being dragged out of range of players that are lower down in the expo-participating rankings.

02-11-2008 04:36 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=996dae3166
heres the one where phoenix couldnt even wait till the next round to use fireball again :/

02-11-2008 04:45 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Its not that uncommon to find an angry turkey http://r1.bloodwars.net/index.php?a=msg&...=4138208&type=2

02-11-2008 14:26 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

may not be uncommon, but they shouldn't be allowed to do things like 2 specials in 1 round, or just keep using specials round after round. And it seems to have got a hell of a lot more common over the last month or so.

02-11-2008 15:09 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The expedition mobs weren't changed over a couple of months. Maybe it's jsut your bad luck.

02-11-2008 15:21 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
diablo

Some special attacks are overpowered

# Red Dragon performs a special attack Firebreath, ANUBIS takes 1107 damage.
# ANUBIS ends non-life on the battlefield.

I have to say that I've seen quite a few Phoenix but just one classified as angry turkey, so it could have been just bad luck (or I'm quite lucky).

02-11-2008 16:29 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Bad luck doesn't cover it ..... the situation in these expos is bad mob design ..... and it needs looking at and sorting out.

Either that or make it fair the other way round and implement a system where a critical hit leads to a follow on 'chain' attack. But then again that won't happen because it would overpower the players.

Bear in mind as well that I've put them down to 'bad luck' for the last month and have given the benefit of the doubt ..... but as bad luck doesnt cover it, and they claim to have made no changes directly to the mobs, then something in one of the patches has indirectly done something to them.

Either that or make it fair the other way round and implement a system where a critical hit leads to a follow on 'chain' attack. But then again that won't happen because it would overpower the players.

Get it sorted guys, because there are a lot more than just me that is severely annoyed about this situation.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-11-2008 16:46.

02-11-2008 16:41 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

Why? Our expedition mobs have personality and differ from each other. You can find a small one as well as a big one, calm or angry, special or ordinary.
Fighting a beast like that shouldn't be a sure victory.
I was annoyed when it happened to me, but generally the idea is not that bad at all.

02-11-2008 16:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Angry mobs yes I can understand, but being able to use special attacks every round is ridiculous, so is being able to use all special attacks in 1 round ........ especially when they can, it seems, use more than 1 of the same special attack in 1 round ..... just the same as I can understand that there is a remote chance of getting 2 golems and 2 red drags out of 5 DE expo's. But when it starts happening as regularly as it has over the last month or so, it's getting way beyond simple bad luck.

Yes, I also know that it shouldn't be a certain victory, but there should at least be a chance of it, which in the shown expo's there wasn't a hope in hell ..... again, way beyond bad luck.

For attacks that powerful there should be a recharge time, a limit to how frequently they can use them.

02-11-2008 17:07 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

I see your point and yet again you're right. But not just recently. I has been like this all the time. I went to help in White Tower just to find a Golden Dragon after a messed up expo where we were slaughtered by a phoenix instead of a black drake. I even saw an Arachne once.

02-11-2008 17:19 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I've only had a run of it recently, so I can only comment on that (I've had runs of bad luck in quests, attacks and expos before but this sort of thing goes beyond it) ..... Just as player characters need the balancing controls applying to them, so do the NPCs to some extent (Mobs are an everyday thing, so should at least be balanced to give parties a chance, Task NPC's are a little different in that they're only ever encountered once so making them instantly do-able without a lot of luck would make it too easy).

02-11-2008 17:26 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

and the very next expo I set up ....... ooooo what a surprise, angry phoenix with THREE consecutive rounds of special attacks (1 fireball per round, 1 soundwave in the middle)

Something really needs to be done about this, I know it shouldn't be a guaranteed victory but expo parties don't stand a chance against this crap.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=ee3e0cc07b

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-20-2008 20:10.

02-20-2008 20:08 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

Honestly, it IS getting annoying.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2f16c09b20

02-21-2008 15:04 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Fighting a beast like that shouldn't be a sure victory.

At the moment it seems that fighting a beast like that leads to almost certain victory ....... but not for the players.

02-21-2008 15:07 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

Here's another one...I wonder how many we can see over the next week Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=76cab2cd73

02-21-2008 18:29 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

As I've stated before there haven't been a single change to expedition mobs for months and I'm sure that while some people are unfortunate there are some who are more lucky.

02-22-2008 18:00 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

SOME?????

Look at the sheer amount of them, and tell me thats just bad luck.

And while you say it, look me in the eye and do it without laughing.

Not only that but you're talking about powering mobs UP in the next update.

This is not bad luck at all, it's bad mob design and it needs sorting out ..... just look at some of the battles ........ 2 fireballs and a soundwave IN ONE ROUND or 4 special attacks IN THREE ROUNDS.

And they just keep on coming ...... another 3 consecutive rounds of special attacks.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b55bce78c4

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-23-2008 00:34.

02-22-2008 18:06 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

My luck must be really bad...

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5bbdcaef28

03-03-2008 02:32 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

4 special attacks in 2 rounds there .... nice of it to give you a chance, but then again according to the admin crew, theres nothing wrong with the mobs. I would normally have a few choice words to say about that, but they would probably result in a forum ban for me ..... the toned down version of it would be 'Yeah, right ..... and just what planet have you been on recently?'

03-03-2008 02:50 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c3f789ddbb

no comment

03-13-2008 15:04 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I suppose that uzi isn't the best weapon to deal with phoenixes.

03-13-2008 22:05 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I'm sorry, but that deserves a huge LAWL. This thread's about the ridiculous frequency and overpower of Special Attacks, not what weapons work best against a Phoenix

03-13-2008 22:17 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Szeszej
Administrator

One is connected to the other - if you use inapropriate weapons you give mobs more time to perorm their special attacks, if the person with uzis used sniper rifle/two hander he/she would probably deal enough damage to finish off phoenix before it can even react.

03-13-2008 22:20 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I couldnt agree more, but given the player was only level 34, i can only assume he was taken along to use up the level limitations. No matter what weapon this player was going to use, there's not a chance he was even scratching that Phoenix Wink

03-13-2008 22:26 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo

I used a Sniper rifle. Yes, we all know that Uzis are not the best (just let me hit with them and I'll prove you wrong Wink )
I see your point Szeszej and you're right. Phoenix lanches his special attacks in round 4 usually and by round 6 goes mental.
I just can't get enough agility+damage or perception. I think I'll have to get better somehow.

03-14-2008 02:07 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

He has a point for some expeditions, now lets get an explanation for the others where they wipe out full melee parties the same way and on occasion faster. And bad luck doesn't cut it any more, you've had the figures on the sort of ratio of wins to losses now Sz .... anything more to say?

03-14-2008 08:40 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I can say what I've said before. All the expeditions that were put in this post were either very close to killing the phoenix (50-200 hp left) or badly prepared, one less dodge and you'd get him.

03-14-2008 09:15 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

In effect you've just said bad luck ..... like I said you've had the figures and it's quite clear that the situation of the special attacks is completely eradicating most chances of getting expo completions ..... and no, we're not asking for free kills, just not the almost impossible situation that has been imposed on us by a patch that was designed to make them tougher for far higher level players than we are. Stop dodging the point at hand and give an answer that actually answers something.

*Edit* Obviously that's just too much to ask.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-14-2008 11:12.

03-14-2008 09:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

ok lets ask this instead
you say they are just the right level but me using 3 people can't kill a white dragon
when i was bout level 43 using a sniper,two of use were
but i know that white dragon has no special attacks but i think that this is the weakest one and i have diffulculty adn i am about to not get any exp from it at this rate
03-14-2008 16:34 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

i think all expedition mobs should have all there abilitys - 2% and not be so harsh on the special attacks lol

L.O.D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GodLike: 03-14-2008 19:17.

03-14-2008 19:17 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

i think dis has been said before but a new mob should be created for lower lvls.it will help lower lvls catch up a very small bit but anything is better dan nothin.it shoudnt be hard to do.just rename the white dragon with somethin suitable and lower its stats.it wont bother higher lvls as they wont get any exp from it anyway.
03-14-2008 20:07 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

i can see where your coming from i think there should be another expedition mob lower than the white tower just for the maximum levels of 60 or some thing like that and it can have some thing like these enemies

1.baby white dragon
2.baby black dragon
3.baby hydra

or

when theres a level 20 -25 in the expedition there should be a lower level white dragon instead of 40 - 50 white dragon levels (i think thats the white dragon levels min and max) there should be one about 35 - 39

L.O.D

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by GodLike: 03-14-2008 21:09.

03-14-2008 21:05 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

hate to disagree with you on this one diablo and gendibal but it seems that the last few expos to DE have been very successfull for the source. some have been very lucky with no special attacks and one or two with just one round of special attacks.
Obviously it has happened to you a few times in some cases which sucks, but not in every expo does it happen.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cc885f044b

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3eafa4ed17

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d649f81094

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4d24b12856

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=717449915a

Necro knows me as Gjallar
03-15-2008 01:46 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5b813d668d

Yeah, it's all about luck and the expo team, just as Szeszej said.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-15-2008 01:55 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

Yeah, I think the key is to overpower them in three or four rounds. Otherwise you'll get pummelled by the special attacks :/

...and I think you forgot a few guys! Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5cec043d91

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4751c81055

03-15-2008 03:02 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

still for the last expo its 3 special attacks in one round and 2 special attacks in the following ( i didn't complain here because i often get lucky in expos like the one before, but i still agree that these special attacks are sometimes not evenly powered )

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-15-2008 03:04 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH