Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Auction » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Auction
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Thumb Down! Auction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why does it waste space showing me what stones people can use to bid on my items
V / V / V / V / V
and not show me how many stones have been bid on my items ???
0 / 4 / 0 / 2 / 9

and why were watched auctions not increased when old market has been upgraded ???
i use more spaces to watch my own auctions instead of the ones i should be watching
which means i am accessing more pages to get the information needed :/

02-15-2008 07:38 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Bliitz

Registration Date: 02-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist

RE: Auction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

9 soulstones there? Hah, wishful thinking azz.

i think it should change the V's to bids though.
02-15-2008 08:12 Bliitz is offline Search for Posts by Bliitz Add Bliitz to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not a bad idea at all..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-15-2008 09:38 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
sleepezy

Registration Date: 10-22-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

think the prob with this is going to be the protection the current system gives from pushing on low quality items

at the moment, if i auction (say) a jacket of guard - it will multiply to three (roughly) - if somebody bids on one and not the others i do not know if mine has been successful until the end

with this suggestion you'll be able to see when your jacket's been bidded on - and this would enable the buyer to 'push' stones to that item as the sellers has then been identified

shame - i agree that it would be useful on some (non multiplying) items - as a comprimise sugggestion - possibly show the highest bid for any of those items currently being auctioned...?
02-15-2008 11:49 sleepezy is offline Search for Posts by sleepezy Add sleepezy to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

No, you can tell if it is yours that has been bidded on because yours is always the first of that item.....

02-15-2008 17:09 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

I don't believe that is true...it can be any of the items surely?

02-15-2008 20:42 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420

its not always the 1st item that pays out Frown
but it could show the duped items as well
all under 1 cancel button
so you are forewarned about it duping
instead of finding out several hours later when it finally appears and with no chance of canceling :/

02-15-2008 22:11 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Well i don't see how that is possible, as how can you have a duplicate that comes before the original? If I am wrong, then i apologize, but common sense shows that it should be the first item.

02-15-2008 22:19 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

It's not always the first item that's not dupe... I had 2 auctions with duplicated items and in the first auction the middle item was mine and in the second auction the last item was mine.

And the idea about the number of observed auctions is good Smile

About changing V's to numbers, it's a bad idea, because it would make pushing easier.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-15-2008 23:22 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Azz420
Lord

my last post covered the pushing
you would see items and dupes with bids on all of them
you would not know what one is yours
and there is always the report auction button if things dont seem right
and it can show what stones cant be bid on items with ease Smile

an artist representation Tongue

02-16-2008 00:35 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well, I don't see the point in copying the same thing 2 times. that wouldn't change anything.

02-16-2008 00:39 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Azz420
Lord

exactly
its just so you can see how your items are doing
without having to troll through pages of items
its not a fix for stone pushing but its not going to make it easier to push stones either

02-16-2008 01:07 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Evangelion
The warning machine

But it will only show how many duplicates there are. Maybe it won't help in pushing but it will give additional information about the auction.

For example, you're selling Ruby Amulet of Authority and you see 2 of those Amulets on the auction list. Right now you wouldn't know if it duplicates or not, but with your add-on you would know this and wait until the auction is over and then make another one when the other amulet is gone.

There are many ways of using such information.

02-16-2008 02:35 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Azz420
Lord

that is something that you could learn just by looking at the closed auctions right now
(ruby prefix on its own dosnt dupe)
but you cant bid on your own items so how would you be selling the same item again ??
if it dupes it gives you the option to cancel it, i wouldnt want to sell some items if i knew they would dupe
chances are i wouldnt sell it as it would be junk and if they all dont get bids i could lose out on any stones, so i would maybe destroy/sell item instead.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 02-16-2008 05:32.

02-16-2008 05:30 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Auction

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH