Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld age old question.....attempted to be answered » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page age old question.....attempted to be answered 10 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.80
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

age old question.....attempted to be answered Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok so here goes,
alot of people are under the assumption that helping little clan members in their expos will help them grow faster and therfore the clan grow faster.

when the truth is: people should expo with others around their level, with just enough members to kill wat they are likely to get

im going to try and explain as best as i can, why it is not a good idea for big players to do that and hopefully put an end to all those people who say "your being selfish" by not helping them etc etc so here goes.....

ok lets assume we have a fictious clan that looks like this

person1-------lvl 75
person2-------lvl 75
person3-------lvl 75
person4-------lvl 75
person5-------lvl 70
person6-------lvl 60
person7-------lvl 60
person8-------lvl 60
person9-------lvl 55
person10------lvl 55

now person 1 starts a golem in which he brings person2 they are quite capable of killing both golem and medusa alone

golem expo:75+75
hp=9k
75+75=150 levels in as they are equal in level 50% exp is given to both

person 1= 4.5k times 2 because he hosted so 9k exp
person 2= 4.5k
total exp gained for the clan is 13.5k (would be more includeing tattoo boosts but lets leave them out for continuitys sake)

now a common complaint is this :
"thats selfish, bring me or fill the expo up so the whole clan gets exp"

im going to try and make all the people who say this understand why its actually THEM who is being selfish

now lets take the same expo and add person 6 as well.
(please bear in mind that person6 isnt needed to actually beat the monster)

person1=75
person2=75
person6=60
total=210 levels

golem expo
hp=9k

exp breakdown
person1=35.7% which is then doubled for hosting so its actually 71.4% of hp converted to exp
person2=35.7%
person6=28.6%

so the actual amount is this
person1=6426
person2=3213
person6=2574
TOTAL=12213

so compared to the 2 man almost 1.5 exp has dissapeared Frown this is because the host doesnt get as much and therfore it isnt doubled

so not only has the clan lost out on 1.5 exp but person6 has been used in the clan and cant help anyone else in their expo so lower players cant start their expos and get the much needed exp boost from hosting
so wat do they do.....
well alot of lower players ask bigger players to help them.... this too is bad clan practice and ill now show why.

so continuing with this clan,
person7 now hosts a hydra and askes person 1 to join and wants to two man it so person7 will get LOADS of exp, or so he thinks....this is what will happen

hydra:5k hp
person1-lvl75-55% of the exp--0 because he is way above optimal level
person7-lvl60-45% of the exp--2250 which is doubled - 4.5k exp
total-135lvls--clan gains 4.5k exp

if he had done the same expo with people around his own level this would have happened

hydra:5khp
person6-lvl60-33% of the exp-1650 which is doubled to 3300
person7-lvl60-33% of the exp-1650
person8-lvl60-33% of the exp-1650
total-180lvls---clan gains 6600 exp and also person1 is free to join a bigger expo where he can net the clan much more exp

so as you see its not that the bigger clan members are only out to help themselfs they just understand that to help players in expos that low down is a fruitless endevour so next time you complain at a higher level player for not helping you this is the reason why.

so lesson learned here is if everyone reduced the number of players in their expos then there would be more people to go around and join, and the clan as a whole can and would grow much much faster

now obviously certian things must be taken into account like players going for badges and also there will almost always be someone in a clan that cannot host an expo when they are able due to lack of members,or work etc etc etc
The best thing is to plan a regular expo team with members of the clan you can trust and rely on,
BEST THING YOU CAN DO:
is dont try and over extend yaself by always going for the biggest mob you can, try just and kill something within your optimal range with as few members as posible and that will help ya grow.

EDIT in respose to some comments

as ive show yes you can kill monsters for people but people will grow faster when expoing around their own level ill get REALLY detailed now NAD MAYBE JUST MAYBE someone will understand
------------------------day1--------------------
person1-------lvl 75 H,MED1,joinSPECIAL
person2-------lvl 75 J,MED1
person3-------lvl 75 H,MED2,joinSPECIAL
person4-------lvl 75 J,MED2
person5-------lvl 70 H,special,join gold
person6-------lvl 60 join special
person7-------lvl 60 H,gold1,join hydra
person8-------lvl 60 join gold1
person9-------lvl 55 H,hydra join gold
person10------lvl 55 join hydra

ok now lets do quick exp calcs you can slowly work it out yaself or trust my math

MED1=10khp
person1=10000
person2=5000
MED2=10khp
person3=10000
person4=5000
SPECIAL=11khp(this should be persons badge attempt or just a bigger mob than normal due to depleted expozones)
person5=5500
person3=2945
person1=2945
person6=2356
GOLD1=6khp
person7=2938
person5=1714
person8=1469
person9=1346
HYDRA=5khp
person9=3235
person10=1617
person7=1764

person1-------lvl 75 12945
person2-------lvl 75 5000
person3-------lvl 75 12945
person4-------lvl 75 5000
person5-------lvl 70 7214
person6-------lvl 60 2356
person7-------lvl 60 4702
person8-------lvl 60 1464
person9-------lvl 55 4581
person10------lvl 55 1617
TOTAL FOR CLAN=57824
and everybody hosted and joined who could and the next day those who hosted can only join and so the rotaion works its way around

now i really cant be arsed doing all that again trying to show how it will effect people if the big hitters join littles and let small people in who are not needed, but i will if i really have to it will result in people loseing exp as individuals and the clan as a whole......DONT belive me go work it out yaself

and as for the comment that we dont get anything but a little higher in the ranks then i say this
1)isnt that why we play the game
2)the higher level we are the bigger mobs we can kill
3)the higher level we are the better equip we can use
4) who is it you come running to when ya square is under seige......us and if we dont keep beig strong then we cant defend anyone

if you STILL think we are selfish then i give up, coz your obviously a hypocrite coz im sure those four points are the reason YOU play the game and if you dont want them then why do you play this game at all and why do you complain about not getting exp in the first place

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 11-16-2009 23:07.

11-16-2009 13:17 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very very nicely done Agresial.

The only thing I can say is, yes you lose the clan EXP, but on the other hand taking lower levels helps them grow, and with any luck, evens the clan out a little more. It's a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand, more exp between two, on the other, bringing lower level players 'up to scratch'.

The best bet is to mix and match I think, sometimes two man, other times take a few... that way the strong get to show off, and the weaker players still get fairly equal growth amongst their own smaller expos

Your imperfection.
11-16-2009 16:24 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wonderful work! I say: Make the thread sticky!

11-16-2009 18:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You has a very good point there... BUT, it still is a little selfish when players are two-manning mobs. Yes they get more exp and all, but the fact is the main people doing that are already stupidly strong and got most of the equips/items they need. So WHY still 2 man mobs, and get more exp? All it does is raise your rank by a tiny bit, which isn't necessary if your already part of the top 10. (unless ofcourse someone has their head up your butt, then fair enough)

Any hateful comments directed at my message above will be ignored and not replied to. Not because i'm rude, but because i'm not spamming up this thread with an argument -.-

Either way, good job at doing all of that, musta taken awhile and bored the hell out of you XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
11-16-2009 18:32 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Well as most people said, it has its good + bad points and u shown um

Good Job Ag

Nemazia

I agree with u too =)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
11-16-2009 18:41 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

yup very good thinking Ag nice work should be useful for the future Big Grin
sticky is a good call Wink

11-16-2009 20:09 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellent job mate.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-16-2009 23:02 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Nice one aggy. Agreed, thread is now stickied
11-17-2009 15:17 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pitko

Registration Date: 02-09-2010
Clan: [WOLF]

RE: age old question.....attempted to be answered Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah nice to tell about it...
and Big players should read it too because many times thay take to much of people for thair expos (so its that part " but person6 has been used in the clan and cant help anyone else in their expo")
04-14-2010 19:56 Pitko is offline Search for Posts by Pitko Add Pitko to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld age old question.....attempted to be answered

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH