Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Auction trends » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Auction trends
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Question Auction trends Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why is it that you get waves of stuff all the same in the auctions?

I put something not that regular on recently, and soon after two more items exactly same appeared on. Obviously I understand why people do it - creates good competition for prices etc. But how do people get the same items so quickly - surely they don't have stockloads of stuff in their armouries just waiting for the right moment when someone else starts an auction?

Or is it because the randomness of finding items on quests etc is not so random, and it generates the same items for different people at the same time?

Slightly confoozed. Confused

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-18-2008 00:33 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Auctions

quote:
Warning! The game system will generate DUPLICATE(S) of auctioned item and put it up randomly. Duplicates can be bid and bought. The number of duplicates depends on quality and prefixes/suffixes. The best prefs/suffs will NOT be duplicated. Duplicates system has been introduced in order to prevent cheating especially moving stones from one account to another.

Maybe the item is not regular but it's bad enough to duplicate Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-18-2008 02:50 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lets clear this up.

1)Quest finds are COMPLETELY random.

2)They aren't other players stuff, it's just from the server...

02-18-2008 10:24 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

In that case, how does the server determine which item is yours?

02-18-2008 11:01 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

The first one is yours and the rests are duplicates.

02-18-2008 11:28 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
The first one is yours and the rests are duplicates.

Not always, it's completely random.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-18-2008 11:56 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

that's.... hard to swallow because few mine auctions where with 2 duplicates one of them goes for life stone with couple of bloods one goes wth better price and one goes for 2 hearts... and... i recieve the last one.... so considering i've lost about 40 bloodstones on auction.
and that was a light rapier of agility.
not a bad weapon considering that on good it got +16 agility and fair dmg.

02-18-2008 15:41 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

Ahh, you know what? I read this....
quote:
Warning! The game system will generate DUPLICATE(S) of auctioned item and put it up randomly. Duplicates can be bid and bought. The number of duplicates depends on quality and prefixes/suffixes. The best prefs/suffs will NOT be duplicated. Duplicates system has been introduced in order to prevent cheating especially moving stones from one account to another.

...but my brain completely decided to ignore it. Thanks for the refresher - all confusion laid to rest.
You can close this if you like. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-18-2008 18:16 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Windlicht

Registration Date: 12-13-2007
Clan: vNHv

if an item is sold on auction with a min bid in place, does the minimum price duplicate as well, therefore saving you some of the potential heart ache mentiond above by Klek?
02-18-2008 19:47 Windlicht is offline Search for Posts by Windlicht Add Windlicht to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

i'm pretty sure it does, because about 3 of the same thing i know has minimum of 20 BS each.

Kleks, that's happened to me before, and i ended up losing out on 1 mergestone and 3 lifestones grr lol. But it can also let you get the highest bid, i got 1 soulstone for a ring of art +3, which i was amazingly happy to get lol

02-18-2008 20:25 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Auction trends

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH