Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » Galactia Empria » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Galactia Empria 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS & AOD

Galactia Empria Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have started a new novel as I need a break from my Vampire novel.

This will be a series of books and based on Sci-fi - See what you think.

Prologue

The Year is 2175.

The Great War has been raging now for nearly ten long years, every known civilization at each other throats with the grand prize being the emperor of the known universe.

The war was triggered by the one event that was supposed to save this galaxy - The Hyper Drive. A complex engine design that enable space faring craft to travel faster then the speed of light, however, with the drive came about a devastating side effect - war crafts.

No one really believed in peace it was just an afterthought of the impending situation, a nicety to see who could be coaxed into letting their guard down and having their race enslaved.

One of these was the Ladarian system; was made up of twelve planets, six of these where colonised; two planets, Sand stricken Floran and water world Dyaxia where research colonies, studding mainly the microorganisms that grazed there.

Omorphis; a densely forested planet and Balaris - a highly volcanic, yet abundantly fertile planet served to provide agriculture to the rest of the civilization.

Xemos was a large heavily populated planet of nearly eighteen billion; paid their taxes and went about their lives, industry and commerce flourished on this large floating rock.

And the head of all this was Ladaria, a planet that was a bit of everything, it was mainly made up of water - approximately seventy nine percent of the planet was cover in this stuff, nine main continents and thousands of little islands scatted round, deserts, mountains, tundras, plains, fertile lands and glowing islands - a reminder of the last great war; all fell under the rule of the council of Ladaria.

Then the Feyan came, they where an aggressive people who believe that every one was of a lesser being, they where the Omnipotent force; an Alpha race. Their war ships where large and possessed weaponry far beyond that of the peaceful Ladarians. Floran, Dyaxia, Omorphis and Balaris fell quickly, the Ladarian battle fleet wiped out within an hours of engaging the Feyan. The people of the planets where enslaved and forced to work for Feyan Empire or suffer some of the worst atrocities known. Xemos however, suffered a worst fate, The Feyan eager to show their dominance to the rest of the Galaxy launched their newest weapon, a heavily armed fleet of Ha'gach battle cruisers - The Feyan finest - descended into orbit of Xemos and released the piory bomb - or as it has come to be known amongst the remaining Ladarians - the burrow bomb, thousands of these devised where dropped from the Ha'gach battle cruisers and drilled their way to the core of the planet, once they reached their target, they detonated. With thousands upon thousand of burrow bombs detonating at the same time, the effect was far beyond what the Feyan expected, the intense molten iron reacted with the chemicals in the burrow bomb and the core exploded, Xemos dissipated into millions upon millions of shards, taking out the battle fleet in the process.

Eighteen billion people lost their lives that day nearly six months ago

Six months ago, we as a people died, our wanting for peace died

The Feyan have left us alone for some reason, it can only be assumed that they deem the Ladarians as no longer a threat

The remaining people screamed out for blood; and for once the council agreed.

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Raziel666: 11-20-2009 16:28.

11-20-2009 16:26 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice start Smile cart wait for chapter 1 sounds good

11-20-2009 17:07 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so far i liked it Smile

11-20-2009 18:34 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Sounds good!

11-20-2009 18:42 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raziel666

Thanks guys

Chapter one will be posted on monday

It has already been completed - but I willl take this one a bit slower to post then my other story - just to keep you on your toes Wink

11-20-2009 20:27 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Chapter 1

"Captains Log...

Where do I begin, from the start I suppose, we lost eleven ships today, damn, eleven... Lost them to a Feyan patrol, the pilots where only rookies as well, what I am gonna tell their families, I really hate this. Saving grace if any, I managed to take the patrol down, at least they won't be telling the Feyan Empire about us launching attack cruisers, not that they would stand up to even one Battle cruiser. Is it better to just give up? - no... I shouldn't even think like that... remember Xemos... Xemos, my wife and two daughters were on that planet, did the bloody Feyan even care about that!"

A fist impacted the wall, the sound of flesh contacting the dry wall made a dull thud.

"Calm down... Latheis just calm down, breathe... breathe, you took out their scouting fleet, take what pleasure you can in that. Where was I, oh yeah... worst thing is I have been called to meet with the two of the council heads - Remulus - who heads up planetary attack and Whinston - he runs planetary defence, must be serious... guess I'll be looking for a new job, wonder if anyone is after a down and out pilot.

Latheis out"

A computer voice called from a communications grate above Latheis's head "Will that be all for today Captain."

"Yeah" Came the hallowed reply.

There was no conversation with the computer, no feeling on the robotics behalf, it was just there to process information and record it for Latheis's heads of command.

Latheis looked round the dump that he called a flat, the dim ceiling lights flickered a dull yellowish glow, the walls where bare drywall, colour cost money and therefore was not allowed, Latheis lay on the single bed and looked sideways, through the open planned galley style kitchen into the tiny living room; clothes where strewn about the place, a cheap clear plastic coffee table sat in the middle of the living room, it was covered in glasses and mugs, a cigarette tray laid full of ash and butts on the side of the table.

Latheis paused for thought on where or not he had the energy to get up for a fag, he reached down beside his bed, his strong yet delicate hand searching for something, Latheis smiled, he found it, pulling he hand up, he revealed to himself a cigarette packet, at least there was some things worth living for - and these where the reason, he flipped the pack open - empty; Latheis smiled 'just my luck' he thought glancing back to the table he noticed another pack - still rapped - beautiful, but this meant getting up, now this was a dilemma for Latheis, could he be bothered to expend the energy to actually get up, he looked at his watch - 12:38 am - he'd be laying there for nearly two hours trying to get some sleep, Insomnia is a horrible thing, but then again, so is closing your eyes and seeing the face of a young sixteen year old cadet, with a look of pleading desperation on his face as he gets blown to bits, his vaporised particles forever doomed to float around in the emptiness of space.

Latheis had made up his mind and heaved himself out of bed; effort, this really was too much effort and Latheis really hoped that it would all be worth it. He stumbled over to the entrance to the kitchen, he could have bypassed it entering the semi circular corridor that ran paralell to the kitchen, but then again, he wanted a beer. Latheis pulled open the fridge door and winced, the smell that emanated from that fridge was beyond toxic, the bean loaf that he ordered nearly three weeks ago was creating new life for the planet, thick, slimy green mould covered the top of the loaf with what could only be described as grass sprouting from the sides. Latheis studied it for a moment 'I could just scrape that off' he thought followed by 'it should be good for another week or two'. Glancing to the next shelf was something that even Latheis felt needed throwing out - the milk, well chunky cream cheese for a better description of the stuff, Latheis opened the lid and sniffed, a choking feeling emanated from the pit of his stomach followed by a wanting to reach - the smell had been discovered. 'I'll chuck this tomorrow' something Latheis had been telling himself now for the past week, maybe two, he'd forgotten, more importantly he had discovered what he came to the cold storage of hell for - a beer. Pulling the beer from the bottom shelf of the fridge, he studied it for a minute, water particles started forming down the tin can, a nice cold beer and a fag, Latheis perked up, turned and kicked the door closed to the fridge - he would deal with that another day.

He hit the sofa, hard, which was followed by a loud agreement of comfort, the beige settee groaned under the body weight of young man, the cushions blasted out a patch of dust and dirt, something else Latheis was meant to do - clean the flat, but hey when you live on your own, more important things come up. Latheis reached over and grabbed the rapped cigarette packet, his clean cut finger nails desperately trying to unravel the little plastic tab that would allow him access to the nicotine, his concentration deepened, he would do this, he would not be out done by a mere piece of plastic; he dug his nails in harder, he would do this and then...

"Got it!" came the delightful call as his finger tore through the plastic covering and finally pulling it off, Latheis opened the pack and sniffed, the wonderful smell of unused tobacco, the cigarettes came in packs of twenty, a row of ten followed by a row of ten, Latheis pulled out the front middle cigarette with his right hand, it was a habit, just something he has always done and never really occurred to him why he did it, perhaps a good luck charm, silly, but sometimes there wasn't always a reason for doing things, losing eleven ships wasn't really considered overly lucky, but then again, surviving the battle in the first place may have been, also he was right handed.

He brought the green tipped white papered cigarette to his lips and paused, his eyes darted round the table for something whilst thoughts of 'where the hell is it and please tell me I haven't left it on the ship' dashed round his head - 'found it!' the shout echoed in his brain and a small smile passed his lips, a lighter, the small silver square object sitting on the side of the table; not more then two feet away from where the cigarette packet lay and he didn't see it for looking. He reached downed and swiped it off the table in one lunge. Latheis closed his eyes, leaned back against the dust covered sofa, flipped the lid on the silver lighter and with his thumb, struck a small circular devise that caused a spark; which in turn ignited into a flame, he brought the flame to the tip of the white paper and inhaled. The paper covering and tobacco started to burn slowly, the brown tobacco and the white paper turning to a dull lifeless grey as the embers slowly slid up the paper shaft. Latheis could feel the smoke dance around in his throat, the sweet taste of the tobacco feeding his taste buds, he pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, dropped his head against the cushions and exhaled gently; the pale grey smoke drifting carelessly up towards the ceiling. Latheis opened his eyes and thought that THAT was defiantly worth rolling out of bed for. Using his left hand he hooked his index finger around a metal tab and pulled. The ring tab on the can of beer tore into the grooves cut for it ripping a hole into the metal. A loud crack and foam started pouring out of the top, it ran down his fingers and onto the arm of the chair, there it stayed next to a number of other beer stains caused by a number of other cans. Latheis brought the can to his lips and took a swig, the amber nectar running down his throat, he let out a loud yet compelling sigh, beer and a fag - and once again Latheis was a happy man, all his troubles ebbed away, he brought his cigarette to his lips and took another drag, again the embers burnt more of the paper away, leaving more dead ash that would descend onto Latheis's blue shirt which in turn would be swept away by that fair, short cut nailed hand into the crevices of that dirty, dusty sofa - never again to see the light of day.

Latheis lifted the can of beer to lips for once last gulp, end of the road for this metal hub, he threw it on the table, it slid across the plastic table taking out several others cans that has been laying around and came to rest again the table edge, beer dribbling onto the table from what Latheis hadn't drunk, he slammed the cigarette - which had been burnt down to the green roche - down on into the pile of ash and used cigarette ends, ash disappeared in all directions - some on the table; most on the greeny-brown floor.

Latheis again looked at his watch - 12:51am, he sighed and once again laid back in the sofa, he closed his eyes, perhaps he could get a couple of hours before day break.

The pleading eyes looked at him, desperation, fear, a look of why me? Why is this not happening to you? How could you let me down? You promised? And then a blaze of flame and stars, millions upon millions of stars, a vast void of emptiness with only shards of debris from the decimated space craft that had only just housed that young boy - that young dead boy

That young dead boy that was now in the passenger seat of the still remaining craft - his face blue his eyes bloodshot red, his matted short brown hair burnt

The boy shouted "Latheis... You promised!"

11-23-2009 08:16 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Here is chapter 2 - hope you enjoy and feel free to add your comments

Chapter 2

Latheis awoke with a startling jump, he quickly looked around, he was in a flat... his flat...thank god... he swallowed hard and wiped the sweat from his forehead, his heart beated a thousand times a minute, he breathed slowly and deeply, he could feel his pounding heart start to wane and slow, trying to regain some composure he reached for another cigarette, his hands shook as he flipped the lighter container open, wrenched the flint and light his cigarette.

He took a long drag, exhaled, and took another one.

He finished the fag and stubbed it out next to the ashtray, several other burned indentations could been seen close by - not the first time Latheis couldn't be bothered to put the cigarette out in the tray.

Maybe leaving the job wasn't so bad an idea after all, the nightmares might end, the eternal torture of watching the bright eyes of the rookies extinguished as they lined up to die - this job carried a short life expectancy, usually about a week after they give you your badge. Latheis always watched the graduation day and couldn't help but think that your most of them would be gone soon, no body, no grave, maybe a nice little tree - if the council felt particularly nice that day, usually thought it was the same - sorry to tell you, but your son or daughter has died in battle.

Latheis remembered doing these; you went in, dead, heartless, emotionless there was no point getting attached as you watched the grief stricken parents and any family connected to them weep for the loss of their child - Latheis lost his caring about six months ago. Losing your own loved ones tends to do that to a man, kind of felt that he had nothing to lose, after that, he went for every battle, every fight anything to either rid the system of scum and hopefully die trying - fate however, always seems to have a funny way of turning things - every fight - he won, every battle - his enemies vanquished - Latheis was never one to just give up - that would be too easy, but never seemed to be able to go in that blaze of glory.

Latheis rolled his head towards a large planned glass window, the white turned beige open slated blinds gently caressing the window, Latheis never had them shut for some reason. The light from other buildings could be seen, their dull radiant glow gently illuminating the night sky. Cars could be heard gently humming by, however as the flat was about twelve floors up couldn't be seen.

Thoughts passed through Latheis's mind; again thinking of the young cadet who's pleading look haunted his vision... Ring...The desperation of those eyes, why did they have to peer at him... Ring...Ring...why did he care so much, it didn't make sense, he saw death so often why this.

"Latheis Sir, you have an incoming phone call" The dull monotoned voice of the computer called him.

Latheis didn't even bother to respond - there was no point it wouldn't hold any kind of conversation, anyhow he had heard the phone, he just couldn't be bothered to answer it.

"Latheis Sir, The incoming phone call is holding for you, it is Remulus from the Ladarian Council, do you wish me to keep him on hold?" That non toned voice reminding him of something Latheis didn't want to deal with and to make matters worse - it was Remulus

"Put him though and stick him on the stereo intercom" The reply was dull, empty and more importantly - he could be bothered to walk over to the phone and pick it up normally

A loud, expressive voice boomed over the flat intercom "Latheis! Really sorry to hear about earlier, those damned infernal Feyan - they'll get what’s coming to them"

'Yeah' thought Latheis 'Whatever, I don't care'

The voice continued "Listen Latheis, we need you down here, we have waived your earlier meeting at 10:30."

'Great - whoopee, my firing will come another day'

"And want you here pronto - great good to hear from you Latheis hope all is well and see you soon" The static on the intercom cut.

"Latheis Sir, Remulus has hung up - shall I order a taxi for your new meeting at straight away"

'That stupid machine' was all Latheis could think up. The computer had detected the works meeting and pronto - looked up pronto to mean immediately and booked this into his personal diary.

"No - I'll walk" That’s was a lie, but he really didn't trust this infernal machine. For all Latheis knew it would order him a Hurst.

Latheis stood up and walked back through the kitchen, the milk... had to throw out the milk... the thought of doing it tomorrow passed him mind and that was good enough for him, he walked passed the fridge and stood in the intersection of hall, kitchen and bedroom, Latheis looked at his attire, his blue shirt showing reminisce of ash from the earlier cigarette remained, intertwined with the fibres of the shirt, his dark blue denim jeans had faded to light dusty pale blue, flecks of dirt could be seen up the back of the trousers. He turned left and walked toward the door stopping only to grab his brown suede jacket in his left hand, he would put it on later, it wasn't that cold tonight, but you never know how the weather was going to change, he glanced to his right and looked in the mirror, dusty dirty blonde hair was bunched and scraggly, he hadn't styled it in three days let alone washed it.

"Looking good Latheis... Looking good" He cracked a rare smile, his thin lips curling slightly at the edges

He brushed the hair away from his bright blue eyes, how they stayed so blue was still a mystery to him, they should have turned grey to match his feelings, but they never did, perhaps something in him wanted to stay alive - why, and whatever for, eluded him at present.

He opened the front door and gazed at the beautiful Italian marble walls to the corridor, the gold patterns running through the marble cracks in intricate detail, the deep black granite floor, sparkling from the inset ice lighting in the ceiling.

Latheis smiled and then came back to reality.

The cold hard breeze block walls reminded him of a prison he served in a long time ago, well nearly eleven years now, but that was a different time, the florescent strip lighting cracked and flicked as it tried desperately to stay alive, even if for just a few more minutes, the dead stone floor full of minor cracks and imperfections reminded him of his life at present - this corridor was him.

Latheis strolled down the corridor toward the lift, out of order, typical, nothing like a message to remind him of where his life was heading, nowhere. Looked like it was the stairs, Latheis pushed the door to the fire escape and looked over the steel railings, nothing like a downward spiral to the pits of hell lift the spirits. Groaning about having to walk down twelve flights of stair, he be-grudgingly started the arduous journey to the first floor.

Latheis peered back over the edge and looked up from his starting destination, the journey looked to take forever, glancing back at the floor number the flaking paint showing what resembled a four, great only four floors left, he would have to speak to the one looking after this place.

Latheis reached the ground floor, panting, knackered, wondering if he would have to make this journey back up - he seriously hoped not. Exiting the door, he walked down the corridor towards the exit. The door to room one was slightly ajar, Latheis decided to take a quick glance, curiosity getting the better of him, there was the controller manager - Latheis thought great tell him about the lift and get it sorted, the man was fat, large and smelt of body odour, he was leaning in the back of a large chair, his back towards Latheis.

"Oi" Latheis called "The lift's out

Silence answered him

"OI!" Latheis shouted a little louder

Again silence answered him

Either this guy was stupid, deaf or worse, 'crap' Latheis thought 'you better not have died, I can't be doing with dealing with the police anyhow I need the lift repaired.

The mans arm dropped over the edge of the chair

Latheis jumped

A needle shattered on the ground and a white liquid oozed across the floor, Latheis looked at the man with repulsion

'Druggie' passed though Latheis's mind 'Great, the one I need to report the lift to his off this planet and by the looks of things won't return for a while' Latheis sighed, this really was not turning out to be his night.

The light breeze waved Latheis's hair, he looked at his watch for a third time 3:37pm, wondering where the time had gone he wandered down the road, he needed to reach the main street if he was to get a cab.

He glanced up, the tall blacken buildings surrounded his every move, he closed his eyes and breathed in the air, there was a slight chill to the air but nothing he couldn't handle, he strolled down the back road toward the main street.

"Hey love, your out late, you after anything?"

Latheis didn't hear anything, he was still lost in thought over that Remulus was after; it was a little strange to call so late at night.

"Hey Love!" The call was louder, Latheis, broken from this train of thought looked over

"Hey you do understand me!" The voice was female, long dark hair, pale skinned, her deep brown eyes contracted against he bright ruby red lipstick smeared over the lips, she was gowned in a tight tank top, her nipples indentations protruding against the material, her fair stomach exposed, her tight red skirt stopped just below her buttocks, her long legs stretched all the way down to her six inch high heeled stilettos. Latheis couldn't believe his luck - first thing to greet him in the morning - a prostitute

"What do you what" Came the dry reply from Latheis's mouth

"Look love, seems we are both in need of some... company, fancy it?"

"Thanks, but I'm on my way to meet someone" Latheis felt that he didn't need to be rude about the situation, not really his style, he may have been lazy, but fate is not always nice to everyone and he knew that better then anyone.

"Shame, I could have made you night"

"No doubt." He smiled turned around and made his way down the main street a taxi wouldn't be too far away.

He only had to stroll up the two mile long, neon lit high street before a cab arrived, he flagged it, said something to the driver, got in and disappeared into the distance

11-30-2009 12:37 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Looking good so far, just dont forget your vampire story Wink

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-30-2009 19:22 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » Galactia Empria

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH