Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo patch suggestion » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expo patch suggestion
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Expo patch suggestion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was sitting staring at the screen being exceedingly disappointed with all the 30% failed ambushes that I get, and just could not face another day of trying to find people that I can successfully ambush, and then changing gear to attack them, and then finding out they have already been attacked, and so having to wait another hour so I can try again, and on, and on, and on…… (this is not a moan - I am just crap)

So how about this as a suggestion for a new patch – and I know that you are going say no, because you always do, but I thought I would suggest it anyway, because my life is so sad that I really do have nothing better to do than think up ways of making your game better for the players – hey you don’t wanna put me on the payroll do you? Ah, I digress – to the point.

When a player logs in, if they have a full quota of 24 quests & 16 ambushes (obviously this is premium players only – because non-premium sucks! Tongue ) – that player gets the option to swap those quests & attacks for an extra expo.

Example:-
On Saturday I log in early; I do all of my quests, all of my ambushes, start an expo, and participate on someone else’s expo – a full day on BW.
On Sunday, I do not log in until late in the afternoon – my quests are at 24/24, & ambushes at 16/16 – but I do not want to do them, so I click an option to forgo them for the next 24hrs (from the time of clicking the option), and I am allowed to start another expo. If I have not got a full quota of quests & ambushes - I do not get this option.
(But I also do not lose the option to participate in someone else’s expo as well as usual)

Obviously, to compensate for the possibility of more people doing more expos, you will need to either increase the amount that each hatchery holds, or decrease the cost the of ritual of sacrifice – but this is something that would need to be monitored, as I know this has already been a topic of debate, and you would not want to flood the hatchery’s – that would be silly.

As usual, players please post your enthusiastic responses, and BWT post your derogatory negative comments… if at all.

I shall return to my natural state of sleeping - wake me up when there are some monsters to kill. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 11-30-2009 16:30.

11-30-2009 15:58 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very interesting indeed.

If this was implemented, id like to see perhaps a broken down version, like 24 quests where you can submit 1 per day for 24 days, and then have an extra expo per month

or like just 6 per day if u do not want to sacrifice a whole days quests

However, i like the idea. Im not sure if its completely worth it to sacrifice a whole 16 attacks [you need to update the number in your original post] + 24 quests is equal to an expo.

But thats my opinion, so i probably wouldnt use it. But others may.
Also, ive not got the opportunity to do many high end expos, so what do i know?

However, badge of approval attained.

11-30-2009 16:07 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like that idea if you've passed the otimal lvl (sorry can never spell that word correctly) you could just sarcifice your quests and ambushes in attempt to get your badge before your past the mark.

I can see someone signing on outlining the stupidity of it because of the low amount of mob's out there but I still like that idea

11-30-2009 17:59 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Hmm, give me a reason not to waste all my quests and attacks for expos. I'd gladly make that sacrifice.

11-30-2009 20:03 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Good idea

Problems are

-More expos=less mobs=we all skrewed
-Expos can easily give xp 4 fee days att + quests
-Clans would have probs making teams

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
11-30-2009 20:08 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I'm sorry but such conversions (quests/ambushes in exchange for something) will not be introduced.

11-30-2009 21:21 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I'm sorry but such conversions (quests/ambushes in exchange for something) will not be introduced.

Ah yeah, but I remember a time when you said that resources would never be traded for BS.... and then you brought in the junk patch.

Go on, float it past the man upstairs nose - it might get the grey-cells in his noggin bouncing around a bit. Big Grin

(or alternatively, just do what you guys normally do when the players make suggestions, & open a new necro server somewhere)

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-01-2009 13:42 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

As much as I would love a second expo - I can see two real drawbacks to this

1. Only gunners or people with Hositals would have enough POH to actually do this

2. And more importanly - The most I gain exp wise is about 2.5k (Quests and attacks) - thats on a really good day in the necro realm - underworld is less.

Now lets take those really good players - anyone seen Vlade and Blodsugare 2 man a Sphinx - 27k of exp - Now double it.

They will never attack or quest again... And why would they when trading attacks and quests would net they 10x what they would usually get.

Szes is corrent - this should go no further.

Just my 2 pence worth - please carry on.

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raziel666: 12-01-2009 14:15.

12-01-2009 14:15 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo patch suggestion

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH