Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » passing works filter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page passing works filter 6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.836 Votes - Average Rating: 7.836 Votes - Average Rating: 7.83
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

passing works filter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anyone recomend a way of ducking the filter at work

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by faceeater: 06-25-2008 19:12.

02-25-2008 22:18 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Pug

Registration Date: 09-24-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with the sieges idea and the taking over of squares idea as they would no doubt help the game in its advancement also i would like to see a lower level expo set so the newer players can at least have a way of gaining a bit better exp i know you dont really need it at the start as your starting you gain through the level quick enough....

anyway i think the ideas suggested by *FACE* are a decent enough set of suggestions.

hope you can see where i am going with this post lol if not im sorry you have wasted the last 30 seconds - 2 minutes reading this

Regards,

Pug

*PUG - THE MAGICIAN FROM CRYDEE*

02-25-2008 22:28 Pug is offline Search for Posts by Pug Add Pug to your Buddy List
Practice

Registration Date: 02-07-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm over the lvl 30ish bland spot now, I can kill 2 kinds of dragons and might even be in the top 50 if I didn't have to go away every weekend!

Trouble is from now until the end of the game I can't see much happening thats new. We get new stuff at level 50 if I can avoid the 'Peace and quiet what a boring Journey' and get my 60% success rate Str quest done...

I guess playing in moderation and then gradually forgetting about the game is the order of the day.

Met some nice people here, but the SHEER percentage of inactivity of accounts clouds the game really and makes it seem like you are competing against thousands when I'd estimate there are around 500 regular players.

Ed: Did Zauborin (which I always though was a pun on 'So boring') quit recently too?!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Practice: 02-25-2008 22:32.

02-25-2008 22:30 Practice is offline Search for Posts by Practice Add Practice to your Buddy List
mech

Registration Date: 01-21-2008
Clan: UDW

i think that these ideas would be useufl in helping the game run through but still, if the points were limite dthen the atacking clan can send a few strong players that high really high and smash up the lower clan with a few hits.

02-25-2008 22:32 mech is offline Search for Posts by mech Add mech to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by faceeater
also banned players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok i understand not being able to fight them, but why should some CHEAT hold onto a square, surely you should either wipe them forever or make the square available, all hail dr greenthumb? why should he still hold a powerfull square. it seems this game wants to cling to dead memberships than encourage new ones.

02-25-2008 22:36 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Believe it or not, most of this has been covered before in some quite heated debates Smile

quote:
Originally posted by faceeater
ive not been playing too long,and im sure im getting on a few peoples nerves, but i think a few things are wrong with the game, why make money safe but not the blood, anyone who knows me knows i dont mind losing, its part of the every game to win or lose, however how clicky do you want the game to be? you have pretty much guarenteed nobody outside the top players can climb the ladder,

Ah, the balance question ..... you may want to have a look at quite a few of the threads under 'Game System', put your ideas in there, you may come up with a few that we've missed so far Smile

quote:
sieges, its too uneven, why limit expos and not sieges, why not limit sieges to a lvl of points like expos, then there is no overkill, if the attacking clan has 1000 points and the lower clan has 500 points why not limit the attacking clan?

This is a suggestion that was made quite a while ago and seemingly completely ignored by the powers that be.

quote:
squares, why not make it harder to just take a square, if you want a square take it yourself, 1 on 1, cant take it tough, build your own up,

This one I would disagree with, on the simple fact that it favours the players higher up the lists, the bigger you are, the better chance you have of taking the square.

quote:
expos, there great for high lvls, but what about lower lvls, why not give a lower lvl type thing to keep the new members interested,

Again something which has been suggested in 'Game System' with little success Frown

quote:
item swapping, why not make a duel arena where you can agree a stake, ie both put an item of roughly same value in, winner takes both,

That one goes along with the 'push/pull' tactic, which is against the rules ..... you could end up with a situation where players are deliberately losing to pass powerful items on to their friends, which would again increase the imbalance in the game.

quote:
or i could just get another ban for being insolent

If that were the case then I'd be permanently banned ..... hell, I'm the guy that calls the admins all the names under the sun on the forums while arguing like mad with them to try and get a point across Smile

02-25-2008 22:37 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
shydowen

Registration Date: 01-05-2008

a breath of new life ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what we need is a lot of new things putting into place...... the start outs are "ok" say upto lvl 10 or 20 but then i hear alot about the lack of much more to do than the lower lvls from around 20 to 30 or even 40..... then the game grinds to a painful crawl and even stop..... it is like a lot of games in general BUT this game seems to be taking this stagnancy to a fine art , a clean up of old inactive accounts would be a start then some fresh ideas implemented.
a new race or two ( i think that the higher lvls get this option) maybe something in the way of classes (a little more tangiable than tattoos) maybe skills ( i know these are old concepts but in a game like this i think it may work a "little" better)
Put a few more buildings or even the ability to occupy empty squares... like you have your main square that you can defend and the other sqaures you have are more weakly defended...
I don't know but something needs doing and not for just one group ( like the high lvls, low lvls polish players) but a general sweep and clean up... mind you these words fall on deaf ears it seems... but if we all stopped playing... would it make a difference???
02-25-2008 23:12 shydowen is offline Search for Posts by shydowen Add shydowen to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for shydowen
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

Well Yes and No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hear what face is saying and I like the sound of the duel arena but I think Gendibal has a very valid point whatever we introduce there will always be people will try to cheat and con their way through the system this would be bad for the games reputation,(e.g. multiacounts at the moment) Although these new changes are supposedly for the best I'm afraid the fact of life is their will always be someone trying to cheat the system. And I do agree that new things, objectives, rewards need to be introduced and asap ( I mean One of the top 5 out of 18745 has just given up and deleted their account.) Surely this must tell us all something the game does need to improve but we need to be careful so as many people's desires are met and so that bloodwars can reach it's full potential.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SW3294: 02-25-2008 23:32.

02-25-2008 23:30 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

RE: Well Yes and No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

aahh so it seems that what we are saying is we wont reward the 99% of hard working honest players who pay to play, because 1% of scum might cheat? isnt that like punnishing the masses for the crimes of the few?

02-26-2008 05:28 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
If that were the case then I'd be permanently banned ..... hell, I'm the guy that calls the admins all the names under the sun on the forums while arguing like mad with them to try and get a point across

and what good does it do us??the devs really should start to listen.... granted their trying but as exverybody on the boards has been over before "if it works on the polish server its not necceserily going to work here"

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-26-2008 08:40 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

RE: Well Yes and No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
aahh so it seems that what we are saying is we wont reward the 99% of hard working honest players who pay to play, because 1% of scum might cheat? isnt that like punnishing the masses for the crimes of the few?

That's a little simplistic in scope, and I believe 1% may well be on the low side, but essentially taking away the tools that the cheats use to advance themselves to the detriment of the game is always going to have an impact on honest players.

Taking *some game* as an example (as it has been mentioned before, so at least a few of you will know what I'm on about) recently the game admins capped the value of 'free gifts' that you could give in game to clamp down on the real world currency traders (In *some game*, buying or selling money or items for real money is against the rules). Now one of my big 'things' was standing in a random bank and giving stuff away to newbies, or giving items that I didn't use away to friends ..... and the new system blew that out.

That may be an extreme case, but you can see how clamping down on the cheats will always affect others as well.

What good does arguing and discussing with the devs do? Sometimes none, sometimes a decent amount ..... granted most of the stuff that goes into the patches is from Polish servers, but some of it does come from our ideas (the more ideas that get suggested, the more chance of having them actually seen ...... hopefully).

02-26-2008 09:33 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

as a *some game* player, for at least 3 years now, i think the new system has ruined it, hence i started playing this, but with the amount of people quitting at the moment, it might be time to go back and spend my money there again,

02-26-2008 11:52 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

in orfer to keep players playin we need new things to keep it interesting.we cant rely on the devs so why dont we do something ourselves?.like once a month get a number of players from each player base high lvls mid lvls an low lvls to divide up an create 2 teams ahh light/dark just for example.each of the chosen players will create a clan so u will have say 5 clans on the side of light 5 on dark and by having clans for each player base everyone could join.we could post the results here in forum and after a week of seiges we will find out winer.?? just an idea but might work
02-26-2008 15:33 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

i quit *some game* over 2 years ago, too many beggers after my phats Tongue
played several other good mmorpgs for a while then graphic card packed in Frown
then found this game and a few others
and now play only PBBGs and this is the only one that i pay to play Tongue
i will soon be getting a new PC Smile
and an orange box so i might not be about as much for a few months
but i will still play this game as there is so much left undone......

02-26-2008 15:52 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

*some game* RulesBig Grin

its what i do when i run out of quests

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 16:14 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Practice

I used to be a millionaire on *some game* (a Flash based, French stylish 'Tactics' style turn based game, fantastic in the early free stages but drags into the level 50s) but it became a chore to play and after a long break I came back to find no friends there. Works on any PC or Mac and is well worth a blast.

I stopped playing this for 2 months and only came back as an Office worker (Papacy...) had started a new clan and wanted a high level to help promote it. Then his cpu broke and COTU kind of died a bit. And I stuck around... ( but have another long vacation coming up.)
02-26-2008 19:57 Practice is offline Search for Posts by Practice Add Practice to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

People please stop posting other games.
I don't feel like quitting.

02-26-2008 20:09 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Posts containing games names had been censored. From now on every post containing a game name other than Blood Wars will be rewarded with a warning.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-26-2008 21:10 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

the thing is _some game_ is no threat to bw because its a cd game fps type thing... you actually have to go out and buy it.....

but sorry anyway8|

quote:

Smile

02-26-2008 22:01 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
shydowen

Registration Date: 01-05-2008

free gifts are ok but does that really enhance the game? it's like trying to paper over a dirty great hole in the wall and hope everyones so busy looking at the paper that... well you get the idea, it might be nice but would i think unbalance the game even more.
02-27-2008 09:37 shydowen is offline Search for Posts by shydowen Add shydowen to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for shydowen
Gendibal
Viking

Thats why the auction system has completely replaced the old market on Underworld ..... it might give a few players a bit of frustration because they can't trade directly and there's always the chance of them losing the auction, but it does cut down on the cheats.

02-27-2008 09:40 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

please close this Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i might need to start another soon will this get me a warning, how do i deelete this thread

02-27-2008 23:01 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

You can't delete your threads.

And I have no intention in giving you a warning and I think scillage won't give one too.

02-27-2008 23:12 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

No I wont....

02-28-2008 18:32 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
nerd_smasher

Registration Date: 03-12-2008

i love MIKE TODD
03-12-2008 22:27 nerd_smasher is offline Search for Posts by nerd_smasher Add nerd_smasher to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Warning for spam...

03-12-2008 22:32 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

I totally agree with face eater thats one of the best ideas that ive seen on here so far lets see if that has a possibility of coming up in the next patch

L.O.D
03-13-2008 00:14 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

@Godlike

What idea are you referring to?

03-13-2008 13:40 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

With the unfairness in sieges like 822 points(with only 10 members) against 500 points(with 26 members), does it really make sense to stay?
The devs really have to do something about unfair sieges because no matter how much people advocate fairness, they won't adhere to it and they will still do what they want because those who have all the power are drunk with it (so it seems) and don't care who they hurt or make leave in the process.
I know the limits and the extents of my clan and I try my damnest to be fair in sieges, but it seems like I'm the only one. There's no point in playing if you can't advance because those high levels keep you down. And no, this unfairness has not only happened once to me or my clan, I'm at count...well...I've lost count. I'm only just speaking up about it now because it seems like the big issue and it is the thing pushing me to hitting that 'delete character' button, like so many before me have done.
And to any admin, warn me all you want, I don't care, I may not be long for this realm anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-13-2008 16:18 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
GodLike

im reffering to the idea which face eater is putting the point across about balancing the sieges out but then again higher clans would disagree

L.O.D
03-13-2008 16:40 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Gendibal
Viking

The clan dominance and handicapping issue has been flogged to death before, and you can see the results of that here:

Clan Handicapping

amazing how the same points come up time and time again, yet the powers that be choose not to see what the problem is.

03-13-2008 17:37 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Clan: DB

I must admit that my 48hr ban made me realise that I didn't miss BW as much as I thought I would.
I don't know about quitting just yet although I would seriously consider whether to buy more premium when mine expires cheap as it is per month. If game devs and admins will not acknowledge or address issues that we have then I can't see it lasting for me which is a shame as it has been and still has the potential to be a great game. If BW won't listen to the hardcore of premium players then I'd say the ship is already sinking and they're just hanging it out 'til it goes down.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Juntao: 03-13-2008 21:08.

03-13-2008 21:07 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Has no one considered the bums rush?

Everyone piles on to making new squares until the big boys max out?

It'll be difficult but everyone CAN use their numbers against them. Their lower members will still get unfair handouts doing this as they gorge like great fat goldfish in a gluttonous frenzy but if we persevere they'll cap out and be wedged in (which has the added advantage of making the bigger clans less appealling while not effecting the smaller clans in the long run after some personal discomfort).

I planned on taking the stoic path before I even moved to zone 4 (must be the Monk tattoos Tongue ). Turn the other cheek and rebuild. Eventually they'll overgorge and be wedged into their niche with no room for growth.

Everyone who sticks with it will have weak players surrounding them squalling for protection like spoiled brats from the Clan that has now thrown them to the wolves.

Eventually the game will plateau if we stop fighting over squares and construct enough for everyone. Eventually leading to smaller clans proliferating since the top players of the top clans will stunt the growth of their intake.

Richer, more secure players can help too by flooding the auction with minimum amount junk too to fund the smaller players who can only throw in 2 bloodstones here and there.

I call this manouver Ghandi Stoicism, and I already plan to persevere myself to do what needs to be done. Suffer enough and the undeserving will have nowhere to go while we will finally be free to play the game by opening up real estate.

Anyone with me here?

Should I make a seperate thread to rally support you reckon? Make a choice a movement?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-14-2008 01:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Practice

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Has no one considered the bums rush?

Everyone piles on to making new squares until the big boys max out?

Should I make a seperate thread to rally support you reckon? Make a choice a movement?

Are you essentially saying that lower players should occupy all the Z3 squares so that anyone waning a z3 prebuilt has a choice? Not quite sure what you are getting at!

I think the top clans are mostly z3 full at the moment anyway, I think some people have started to go up to z2 as a result!
03-15-2008 14:46 Practice is offline Search for Posts by Practice Add Practice to your Buddy List
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Clan: DB

There's only room for 1 2 zone per clan...isn't there?
03-15-2008 17:21 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
GodLike

theheraldofogc im 99% with you there mate on that essay lol

L.O.D
03-16-2008 02:44 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
faceeater
Triple Ace

up

06-25-2008 06:06 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

try caas.info

06-26-2008 01:09 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » passing works filter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH