Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » What the big and mighty .... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What the big and mighty .... 2 Votes - Average Rating: 3.502 Votes - Average Rating: 3.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

What the big and mighty .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... wouldn't do to take a square for their low level who don't have the b**** to build for themselves.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d8e64827ba

Just look at the mean difference of agility, it is just like 10 low HP white dragonjust came to attack a bunch of people who can't touch them
02-27-2008 16:13 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

RE: What the big and mighty .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I lost my square like that. It's funny how f***d up some people can be. Theyre so f****ing lazy they can't move their a***s and build their own s***t square up. They just pick on the little guys.

It's sooooooooo wrong

02-27-2008 16:27 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think there that they should improve the system of seiging people, as it means that, especially for the higher lvs, you can get seiged by small guys with big clans.
instead of bothering with all the percentage things, you should oly be able to seige someone 3 ls either way and can only take over a squire, or be taken over once a week. this may encourage people to build up their squires.
i no how you feel thoagh as iv built up 2 squires in zone 4 from scratch and am no back in zone 5, lol
02-27-2008 21:02 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had only had that square for two days and then some weakling got the whole gang on me and took it from me I had jus finished doing it up as well lol. But I like your suggestion bobalob.

02-27-2008 21:22 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

That's exactly what happened to me...twice with the same square. I had it for a day, it got taken. My clan got stronger, we took it back.Then a clan in the top 8 took it for a member who I suspect was doing it to complete a task. Sieges should be done by equals, the game should put some kind of point cap in effect so the mid-level clans have a chance to improve themselves and actually keep what they build.
I like the idea of keeping the square a week. Level wise, I do like to try my hand occasionally at the high levels, just to see where my strengths and weakness are attack wise. I try not to attack anyone low and if they are it's because of the draining of blood that's been happening.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-27-2008 23:40 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

Every clan does it, it's the game.
You've probably done it, or will do in the future.
Karma sure does bite you in the ass at times

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

02-28-2008 00:04 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Ral

Registration Date: 12-26-2007
Clan: Sanguin

It's still annoying though. I'm sure it gets boring once you're up there in the 100s of points, but surely you can't drive away the boredom by picking on the small folk.
02-28-2008 00:59 Ral is offline Search for Posts by Ral Add Ral to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

They don't pick on lower levels, low levels just get a good square where a level 30 has like 1300 hp so they feel big, you know what they say - Big square, small ...

Compensation perhaps ;]?

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

02-28-2008 04:56 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
SW3294

Angry ?! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What so you are saying it's fine for an 8pointer with a strong clan to rob the square that I have spent most of my time and resources making it better. I took that square for a challenge and I'm sorry I just don't think it is right or fair for this to occurr and now I can't get it back because that would be a waste of time due to the fact he is in the top ranking clan and this isn't just sour grapes and I know it's just part of the game but something needs to be done because this is not correct.

02-28-2008 07:50 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Put your ideas in this thread guys Smile

Clan Handicapping

It's a point thats been brought up many times in the past over various threads, but adding a few more voices to it couldn't hurt Smile

02-28-2008 08:41 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Re: ?! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No i'm not saying that, but if I remember rightly your members robbed our members zone 4 squares when you were stronger than us.. I'm not disagreeing with this but guaranteed most people posting are hypocrits, that sir, includes you.

02-28-2008 08:49 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
SW3294

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would like the proof of this please because I don't recall ever doing that mate!

02-28-2008 20:17 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

The fact is that low leveled people join high ranked clans and the people like me who have an ok square and am a leader of a clan that isn't so high in the rankings get it taken from them unfairly just because that person is hiding behind "big guns"

I think seiging for squares should only be possible when moving zones (e.g. zone 5 to zone 4)

That way people wont be able to seige squares for their buildings when their square is just a few blocks away.

And a waiting time after seiging for like 2 weeks would be good, but get's automatically set to 0 if your square gets seiged (i.e. you move square, the next day you get seiged for your square and lose and instead of having to wait the rest of the 1 week and 6 days, you can jsut seige a different square straight away).

02-29-2008 19:22 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Roostie

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: CoS

quote:
Originally posted by GrimTale

And a waiting time after seiging for like 2 weeks would be good, but get's automatically set to 0 if your square gets seiged (i.e. you move square, the next day you get seiged for your square and lose and instead of having to wait the rest of the 1 week and 6 days, you can jsut seige a different square straight away).

Hey man it's bloody hard enough to get PoH as it is without restricting

03-01-2008 19:29 Roostie is offline Search for Posts by Roostie Add Roostie to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

i think what grim tale means is seiging to take over another squire should have a waiting time of 2 weeks. poh seiges would hopfully stay as they are. its a great idea and i think it should be put into practice asap.one thing low level players dont reliseis that seiging an amazing squire isnt that good, as they would need stats tyo match the previoce owners to build anything, and huge amounts of hitpoints wont always help, as they depend on you reputation and charisma, so low lvs, wouldnt be at a magor addvantage.
e.g 40 rep*lv5 bodyguard agency =+200 hitpoints
20rep*lv5 bodyguard agency =100 hitpoints
so you should first build up your own reputation, then upgrade to suit you

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 03-01-2008 20:32.

03-01-2008 20:29 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Well i'm getting really pissed off about this as my square is getting seiged AGAIN

And once again it's my BloodWych. A 17 pointer. What a suprise, another weaker player in a strong clan.

When i got to this square, there was hardly anything built, i must have built about 40 times and once again, i'm gonna lose my square because bloodwych has got a 300+ points guy to hide behind.

Without him, we'd probably win. If they can't stop people seiging you, there should at least be a patch that gives back the resources you have put into your square when building it up, that way it gives people a fair chance to get their square back up instead of moving to a rubbish square with 1000 lgo.

I swear if something isn't done about this soon, i might as well just quit the game.

03-02-2008 11:20 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Roostie

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: CoS

You've got some decent mercs yourself Tongue

03-02-2008 15:47 Roostie is offline Search for Posts by Roostie Add Roostie to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

That's what you need allies for.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-02-2008 15:53 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

yeah roostie but we are not in S.H. ( at least i am not ) to help take squares, we are there to help in expos ...

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-02-2008 16:45 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

First of all Zeruel was not there to take part in that siege in any way and would not have joined even if the siege was to have continued. Second it was called off and an explanation given along with it as it was not meant to take place to begin with.

Now it seems to me that currently this game does allow clans regardless of size to siege any clan so long as the sieging player is with the range of their target. A player with 17 points would not be able to siege a player with 100 points so there are some limitations in place (whether the majority of players think they are reasonable is most certainly up for debate). Still the fact is, everyone's square is vulnerable at any given time. I've lost my square many times and it was never to a clan we were evenly matched with (although calling in help has made results closer). It's always been to a stronger clan. Making suggestions to the dev's is an option that should be encouraged but in the mean time people should be thinking of ways to adapt to the current gameplay. Make allies, don't build a square up so much that will tempt others to take it (I know I won't be bothered to build because it's a waste of money unless you re in clan with 2000+ points). I'm sure there are other options.

03-02-2008 17:04 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Hmm, maybe instead of a limitation to who you can seige, a return of investment should be imput instead

So say you spent 4,000,000 lgo on a square that already had some buildings into it, and you get seiged. If you lose and have to move square, you get the buildings that person had and get the 4,000,000 lgo that you spent from the square.

Something like that would help those who lose their squares

03-02-2008 18:01 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
SW3294

Or like a sort of compensation like you if you spent 4,000,000 lgo you get 2,000,000 lgo as compensation or something like that.

03-02-2008 20:51 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

Yeah i like that idea. But would we have to pay like 50 lgo a day or summet like in real life we pay for cover?

Could have it under premium options (although it isn't really linked to premium)

03-03-2008 16:12 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Your talking about having insurance for a square, on a game?
It's part of the game
without it
it'd well, suck pretty much.
No drive to take a square back, or get revenge on someone.

03-03-2008 16:53 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

why not do what i did but i did it unintentionally. 'retire' to a nice seluded squire in zone 5 an build up there, but make sure theres lots of people to attack nearby. people dont generaly take squires that are hidden away, i havnt been seiged for ages, since i m oved from zone 4.
otherwise put up with it, its part of the game
03-03-2008 17:49 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

I personally don't mind being sieged. I don't care if I lose my square, it's part of the game, that's why it's called bloodWARS.
Its when the top five clans come down from their high houses up there and slaugter a clan with only 500 points when the themselves max out at over 1000 with multiple players over 100+ points.
Why can't the high clans fight with themselves? What is the point of going to weaker clans and slaughting them and getting NO honor at all.
Yes, I have allies, yes I can call on mercs, it's part of the game to have a strong social network. It still bothers me though that I have to do this when larger clans can just go sieges someone on their own ranking. I've tried my best to make most sieges my clan has had fair, sometimes I fail and yes, sometimes we've crushed lower clans. I don't like doing it, I actually regret letting the siege go on in those cases.
Personally I try to keep things fair, because the fairness is one of the reason many people are leaving. If this keeps up, I know I won't be long for this realm and neither will my brother. Then our whole clan would probably leave right after, since the only reason a few are staying is because of us. Something really has to be done.

quote:

03-13-2008 15:33 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Clan: DB

The only way to gain a bit of security is to have allies. And as for stronger clans doing as they please...DB and CoI at the moment are taking each others squares daily. DB took 3 consecutive zones and now the boot is on the other foot and CoI are taking DB's zones. No one likes losing a zone but I think the uncertainty adds to the excitement of the game.

"No war is won singlehanded!"
03-13-2008 21:24 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Call me biased if you like, but COI have systematically taken Lysandra's square off her THREE TIMES.

Out of the 1000+ squares in zone 4, do they really think she can build the best one in the space of a few weeks?

03-17-2008 22:20 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I'll direct you once again to the clan handicapping thread ..... it's all been aired before with no result, and no intention from the admins of balancing things out because, to say it as they would 'the game is and always was meant to be that way' ..... no matter that people are leaving because of it, as has been said before.

03-18-2008 00:27 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
-ASSASSIN-

images/avatars/avatar-168.jpg

Registration Date: 02-16-2008
Clan: [NOD]

i hate it when people take my square that i built up then som 1 takes it

03-19-2008 19:44 -ASSASSIN- is offline Search for Posts by -ASSASSIN- Add -ASSASSIN- to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Its all part of the game guys n gals, the only thing i dont agree with is systematic bullying.

If you get your square taken off you, find a better one or remember the coordinates, grow stronger and take it back Wink

03-20-2008 14:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

Aww..thanks Artoir for the previous comment. Smile
I always remember my co-ordinates, that's how I got the first square COI took off me back to my clan.
It's not so much the taking of my squares that bothers me, I can live with moving. It's when the player attacking me is in zone five and is about 20 points lower then me is when it bugs me. They are guarented a win because they are 'hiding' in a big clan and can do what they want.
And yes, Gendibal, I have posted in the other thread Wink

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-20-2008 17:21.

03-20-2008 17:20 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » What the big and mighty ....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH