Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Tattoo for a Beastmaster » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tattoo for a Beastmaster
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BlairWaldorf

images/avatars/avatar-642.jpg

Registration Date: 11-29-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Tattoo for a Beastmaster Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm thinking about changing my tattoo. I'll be sticking with the melee weapons (for the arcana), but I haven't chosen between two/one-handed yet. I'm an Assassin now, with the following equipment:

Mask of Adrenaline (+5)
Light Cape of the Assassin (+4)
Necklace of Accuracy (+5) / Titanium Necklace (+5)
Titanium Ring (+5) x2
Shorts of the Night (+5)
Good Light Dagger of Hitting
Antique Knife (+5) / Knife of Skill (+5)

I don't care much about the differences between % experience from the aura, and I don't need the tattoo to work with a gun, so I think the Assassin might not be the best choice.

Which tattoo is the best if I want to focus completely on one kind of weapon and what changes to my equipment should I make?

12-13-2009 08:19 BlairWaldorf is offline Homepage of BlairWaldorf Search for Posts by BlairWaldorf Add BlairWaldorf to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this question has been asked a few times since ive been playing and ill try to answer it as best i can, and as impartailly as i can

before i do answer it plz remember it really does depend on personal choice

i will assume all tats are at maximum level
Assassin

anatomy expert +25% crit
this tattoo is perhaps the most important tattoo for assassin beacuse as im sure you all know crit means double damage after defence is taken away,

now how to get the best out of this tattoo is simple the more attacks you have the more benifit it has, and also the easyer it is to predict your damage, so this is why thunderfists are often choosen by top one handed melee players

as a beast master you will have 10 attacks with act 2 arcana

deadly precision -20% targets defence
this tattoo is unique in the world of tattoos in such that it reduces def of target which is extremely usefull for high def mobs

now how this tattoo is really benificial is this 20% def reduction for a melee hitter is MASSIVE it is the reason big players can do insane damage to golems in the most extreame situations its the equivalent to adding +40 str there is no doubt about it this tattoo stands out from all in the game imo

deadly efficancy+11 to all weapons damage, +5% critcal hit chance
this tattoo i would say is almost a direct counter part to the bezrkers weapon damage tat its just a basic melee increaseing tat nothing special

i would say this is over priced for what it actually gives you but is certanily needed later on so dont over look this one

daredevil+18% experiance
does what it says on the tin +18% exp
this tat is most commonly developed last as the other 3 tatts are much more important and often gets negletaed by players as its middle stages only increase by 2% so people dont see its worth, but at max level this tat will pay for itself after 3 months and then start having great inpact on your charecter growth

Bezerker

Bloodlust+16 to all weapon damage
this tattoo i would say is almost a direct counter part to the assassins weapon damage tat its just a basic melee increaseing tat

this tattoo is great for augmenting damage early on as its cheap and very effective,and in comparison to the assassins deadly efficancy this seems better.

Sacrifice +5% hp
this is a sorry excuse of a tattoo imo its really one of the worst tattoos out there as 5% hp really doesnt make up for the insane amounts of defence you have to lose to keep this tattoo working

if i was a bezerker just starting out i would leave this tat till last

Desire for battle +5% crit +1 attack with each weapon
now here we are the meat of the zerker tatoo this tattoo is what really makes the zerker powerfull its truely a great and works out as crucial if anyone ever wanted to make a 20 attack beastmaster

this tatoo is reall brilliant however when used in conjunction with one handed weapons its really only playing catch up with the assassin tattoo as most people gain the items defence to zero by using a 2 attack weapon so they need it just to catch up, where it comes into its own is with two handed weapons as an extra attack with a 2 handed weapon could mean in excess of 1000 damage

Secrets of insanity+10% exp

this is the worst exp tat in the game and really SHOULDNT be this low the way i see it is that the exp tat is the games way of punishing you for chooseing a tattoo that is deemed better/easyer to use than the rest and considering the facts the zerker doesnt deserve such an impedement.

my summary is this
assassin= if you want to use one handed weapons there really is no better tattoo this tattoo is balanced powerfull and gives enough variability so that you can use guns almost to the efficancy of a sniper tattoo

bezerker= if you actually sit down and work out the math behind this tattoo compared with a assassin tattoo the assassin wins HANDS DOWN with one handed weapons, however this is not where it shines it is a two handed tattoo through and through with the extra attack makeing a beastmaster have 4 attacks however sadly the game has diviesd a much much better two handed weapon tattoo and its a Black Knight the bezerker loses too much defence and its way of compensating it to increase hp by a pathetic 5% well bk has 150-300 def at about level 4 tats gains the 5% hp gains the +1 attack gains +luck and also has +to hit

in complete summary between assassin and black knight,bezerker is pretty much redundent tattoo choice so if ya wanna go one handed melee i say go assassin if ya wanna go two handed melee then i say go bk

but looking at your equipment i would say assassin is your path

hope that helps

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 12-13-2009 09:57.

12-13-2009 09:56 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
BlairWaldorf

images/avatars/avatar-642.jpg

Registration Date: 11-29-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by BlairWaldorf
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I guess the best thing in berserker is the additional attack.. so from these two Assassin it is.
But what about Monk? Must be good for something?

From what I see the Black Knight gives the best bonus to its assigned weapon; I mean, best experience aura, beautiful crit chance, and Double Strike could work on its own as a racial bonus or something... If I decided to go two-handed melee, what would be the basic changes from my one-handed equipment (and the best weapon for starters for 1-2 SS)?

12-13-2009 15:57 BlairWaldorf is offline Homepage of BlairWaldorf Search for Posts by BlairWaldorf Add BlairWaldorf to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I remember asking myself this same question years ago when I was only like 100 points or something.

I was told that because I am a beastmaster, I should go BK or Zerker. The reasoning behind it was that both BK and zerker add a more 'speciallized' feel to melee weapons.

I chose BK because of the high defense possibilites and because I like 2h melee. Assassin is great if you want to be able to do every expo with next to no weakness since you would be able to use both guns and melee with tattoos. BK's and zerkers will faulter in a few of the higher level expos (golem especially) and it will be a challenge to get a lot of the gear for a BK tattoo path.

One of the best starting weapons would be a muderous mace of XX. If you're in act 2, any legendary 2h weapon that gives agility, or mass damage is good. I can honestly tell you that most of the BK equipment you need will be quite costly. The defense requirements of the BK is like a double edged sword: great to keep you alive in battle, horrible to manage without the right gear or enough stones.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I am warning you now though, it'll be a very long time before you can max out the tattoo paths of a BK. You'll be in the 1000+ points before you can even think of Level 5 and still manage to hit well. It's a challenging tattoo path but it's well worth it in the end.

I don't know much about monks, the only very successful monk that I know of doesn't play much anymore...I don't know the names off hand of the others.

I know a lot of the BK's on the server would be happy to help you if you directly message them in game.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-13-2009 16:19 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Best weapon for 1 - 2 ss = Murderous mace g+1 or better, legendary light/broad mace g+1 or better

You would have to change all your equipment pretty much, I think your shorts work for level 5 tats at perfect +1 Tongue Heres my set up for level 3 bk tats

Good helmet of adrenaline +2
Vest of the deathsower +5 - Was good but i broke it Big Grin
Good amulet of strength - Im working towards good amulet of accuracy +1
Good bracelet of accuracy +5
Ring of strength +5 - Working towards titanium ring of strength
Good shorts of the scout +2
Good murderous mace +5
Legendary good broad mace +5 - Merging to Legendary perfect serrated mace as soon as i get the stone

For rep i use cheap items such as

Good crystal mace of betrayal +2, cost me a hs i think lol
Good shorts of the arms dealer, cost very little lol

EDIT: G+1 murderous mace shouldnt cost even a soulstone lol mergestone and a ls maybe Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 12-13-2009 16:29.

12-13-2009 16:24 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

im monk tatoo changed to it when i was level 50 odd becouse i couldent afford the armour i needed for a collector.

monks are quite good as far as dammage goes but only good dammage till you are high level.

the main problem i have with the monk is crit chance since most ocmbat people around me are assassins they out dammage me easy, however against gun men (with a good rep gear) you will out dammage most of them with base dammage of 150 odd and dodging there guns...

and armour isent really a problem ither yes you ither have to use vengance or sucide (or have armour with 0 or less) but even with all that taken in to acount i can get 60-70 odd defence with out trying thanks to the defence bonus and toughness bonus...

but as i stated above the crit chance is a down side it has to all come from items so it can be costly geting the right stufff for it Tongue

12-13-2009 17:04 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
I remember asking myself this same question years ago when I was only like 100 points or something.

I was told that because I am a beastmaster, I should go BK or Zerker. The reasoning behind it was that both BK and zerker add a more 'speciallized' feel to melee weapons.

I chose BK because of the high defense possibilites and because I like 2h melee. Assassin is great if you want to be able to do every expo with next to no weakness since you would be able to use both guns and melee with tattoos. BK's and zerkers will faulter in a few of the higher level expos (golem especially) and it will be a challenge to get a lot of the gear for a BK tattoo path.

One of the best starting weapons would be a muderous mace of XX. If you're in act 2, any legendary 2h weapon that gives agility, or mass damage is good. I can honestly tell you that most of the BK equipment you need will be quite costly. The defense requirements of the BK is like a double edged sword: great to keep you alive in battle, horrible to manage without the right gear or enough stones.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I am warning you now though, it'll be a very long time before you can max out the tattoo paths of a BK. You'll be in the 1000+ points before you can even think of Level 5 and still manage to hit well. It's a challenging tattoo path but it's well worth it in the end.

I don't know much about monks, the only very successful monk that I know of doesn't play much anymore...I don't know the names off hand of the others.

I know a lot of the BK's on the server would be happy to help you if you directly message them in game.

That's pretty much what I would have said too Smile It's a hard tat to master but once you do the rewards are immense and because it is deemed one of the hardest on the game you get respect for accomplishing it at a good level Wink I love being a BK and tbh wouldn't be anything else Tongue the crits are amazing lol and although like Lys said it's hard on some expos e.g Golems... there are ways of getting around these things and for expos such as phoenixs/hydras/golds/nobles... a BK can really stand out and blitz them.

If your a low character then like Lys said a Murderous Mace is best place to start Cool thats wat I think almost every BK starts with and later on as you develop you will find like murderous said Legendary 2h weaps alot more usefull.

Act 2 was great for us BK's because I think the Legendary bonus really helped close the gap of effectiveness in expos between 1h and 2h melee. I am of course going to be biased here Tongue but what do you expect lol. 2h melee ftw Big Grin I myself just find 1h melee tedious and boring probably cos I was never any good at it probably but I'd say if your thinking 2h melee a BK is more rewarding and then you won't be stuck in two minds its just raw 2h melee Smile

Here's something to prove my point about expos and to whet your appetite and tbh it gives me a chance to show off Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1a516033b8

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d84b1457b9

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2484398d2c

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7fee3544ab
(Yes murderous I picked the one where you did bugger all damage Wink just for funzies)

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f8e8bd3e7c

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=590c543242

lol seems that my favourite area is Great Steppe Pleased
anyway hope that helps and let us know wat you choose Wink

Good Helmet of Adrenaline (+4)
Good Vest of the Death Sower (+4)
Good Tie of Accuracy (+5)
Good Signet of Youth (+1)
Good Signet of Youth (+1)
Good Shorts of the Scout (+5)

Legendary Perfect Light Two-handed sword
or
Perfect Murderous Mace
or
Good Murderous Mace of the Bloodsucker (+3)

btw you also need alot of stones so save up, and a lot of luck with upgrading and what not...but good luck anyways Smile

12-13-2009 20:15 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Played first account as assassin absorber and turned melee around rank 100 I think, did pretty ok.

This time I went zerker beastmaster and I love it. Yes you may lose perhaps 5-10 agility as you have to use a suicide weapon, but you won't notice the difference until you reach a good level. Extra attack is great for 1h and 2h combined with extra damage. XP tattoo sucks, but its not worth getting it for any tattoo unless you intend on playing beyond 1000 points!

12-14-2009 02:10 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Tattoo for a Beastmaster

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH