Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch v. 1.2.2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch v. 1.2.2 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Patch v. 1.2.2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

* Added tasks for beginners.

* Added Clan Armoury sorting. All items are now sorted by prefix (so all sets are grouped) and the jewellery is sorted by suffixes but only non-set jewellery is sorted this way.

* [Underworld] Added loot cap in money. If one of the players is level 35 or higher then you can gain max 30000 Lgo. This cap will prevent pushing through selling junk. Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

* Act II tasks which require a successful quest based on two or more parameters will be randomly chosen only when the player has completed all quests on a given level (far journeys or pilgrimages).

12-15-2009 13:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

RE: Patch v. 1.2.2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what exactly does "beginners" mean, did anyone notice new task(s), I'm in z4 right now, and nothing new here. And z5 players care to check?

12-15-2009 13:24 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
almerase

Registration Date: 07-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Night

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

* [Underworld] Added loot cap in money. If one of the players is level 35 or higher then you can gain max 30000 Lgo. This cap will prevent pushing through selling junk. Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

That part sucks... The brothel gives way to little money for what it cost... And good bye helping others upgrading their squares :/
12-15-2009 14:24 almerase is offline Search for Posts by almerase Add almerase to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

RE: Patch v. 1.2.2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

That's fantastic. I'm owed 115 junk in total from other player's through helping them build up their squares and now have no realistic way of recouping my losses.
12-15-2009 14:49 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:

That's fantastic. I'm owed 115 junk in total from other player's through helping them build up their squares and now have no realistic way of recouping my losses.

Yeah thats pretty bad, im happy with the brothel increase as said before it costs so much to build for little return but this building malarky is just going to get so much harder now and junk is going to be even more sparse than ever

EDIT: Bring it in so we can find junk in quests, random lots from 1 junk - say 50 junk or somet Smile Thanks lol

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 12-15-2009 15:22.

12-15-2009 15:20 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
quote:
quote:

Yeah thats pretty bad, im happy with the brothel increase as said before it costs so much to build for little return but this building malarky is just going to get so much harder now and junk is going to be even more sparse than ever

EDIT: Bring it in so we can find junk in quests, random lots from 1 junk - say 50 junk or somet Smile Thanks lol

Quests is how I get so much junk.,..in the form of stuff I don't need. I can literally make about... 100K in a few days depending what I find.

The real bad part about this new change is people won't help others build their squares anymore, there's no way to give them the money owed to do so now.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-15-2009 16:19 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Murderous
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
quote:
quote:

Quests is how I get so much junk.,..in the form of stuff I don't need. I can literally make about... 100K in a few days depending what I find.

The real bad part about this new change is people won't help others build their squares anymore, there's no way to give them the money owed to do so now.

Yeah im having to delete all my finds for mana lol, even when i dont i probably only make 20k every 2 - 3 days and i think this might just make sieging a bit more active with no one having the spare cash to give someone through battles to build there square

You can probably guess what i mean by find junk, During the quest the following items were found, cap (+1), 4 Junk Pieces

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 12-15-2009 16:58.

12-15-2009 16:57 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Ima little vague on bottom (task quest one), is it mainly quest task = finish the area of quest in?

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-15-2009 17:00 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it means you have to complete all the quests then once you have done that you will have a chance of landing the task in the quests

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

12-15-2009 17:43 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Foxy
Viking

O so like Wolf king = all quest done (i.e. pilgrims) now?

12-15-2009 17:45 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

no that is not act two it says quest that requeri two or more pramenters
12-15-2009 17:59 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

No because you can randomly land wolf king without completing all the pilgs first, i think it means complete ALL the pilgs FIRST then you can get a chance of landing it

Dont quote me im just saying what i think it means lol, someone got the real answer or am i right... for once? lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

12-15-2009 17:59 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

should be brothel

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-15-2009 18:48 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
Also the productivity of Brotherl is increased by 100%.

should be brothel

He is right =P, i'll check if Pawnshop is

EDIT
No it does not (pawnshop) only brothel sadly but still woot

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Foxy: 12-15-2009 18:54.

12-15-2009 18:53 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

1. It's basically tutorial

2. No questions here I see

3. Yes, this is the intention - now you have no way of helping someone build up their square.

4. There are some tasks in A2 which require you to pass a test on two attributes, but if you haven't passed one of the attributes already the quest would fail anyway so we decided that it's too much of a punishment to give you a quest that you have no chance of passing.

12-15-2009 19:47 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
3. Yes, this is the intention - now you have no way of helping someone build up their square.

But why? That was a nice touch it was good to see some good gamesmanship and some acts of random kindness...This might suck all that out of the game it didnt have much in it to begin with Frown I think this is a mistake Szes players are pretty selfish as it is it warmed our hearts to see people like the top 50 helping lower people with tasks and squares:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=27a8e5c557

That was for the graveyard a while back. Yes it might be classed as cheating the system but who cares it's like IRL when somebody gives someone their parking ticket when they have finished with it. I mean come on this is going to have bad repercussions I feel.

Although saying that I predict we will see the return of more loot seiges Tongue

12-15-2009 19:56 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

I think if you want to prevent pushing it should be vice-versa. If one of the players is below lvl 35 then cap it. We all know what masses of Lgo are down there. It's easier to push at early levels then at top levels and moreover at top levels no one would risk it.
And I dont see anything bad on helping others with upgrading of their squares.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-15-2009 20:04 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
1. It's basically tutorial

2. No questions here I see

4. There are some tasks in A2 which require you to pass a test on two attributes, but if you haven't passed one of the attributes already the quest would fail anyway so we decided that it's too much of a punishment to give you a quest that you have no chance of passing.

1. is it tasks i need to complete to get my task count up?

12-15-2009 21:34 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Yes, we banned it because we considered it pushing and no, in my opinion the fact that you can get a mass of lgo at low levels is not pushing, it's simply the fact that low level players stopped playing a long time ago and their wealth has accumulated. You get out of this "easy farm" stage pretty quickly though, 5-7 levels.

12-15-2009 21:34 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
I think if you want to prevent pushing it should be vice-versa. If one of the players is below lvl 35 then cap it. We all know what masses of Lgo are down there. It's easier to push at early levels then at top levels and moreover at top levels no one would risk it.
And I dont see anything bad on helping others with upgrading of their squares.

I agree, it's good to help out others when they need it. In theory you should cap people and blood in the same way then as that would also be considered pushing......

Bad move Frown
12-15-2009 22:01 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Chopski
In theory you should cap people and blood in the same way then as that would also be considered pushing......

Bad move Frown

lol Don't encourage them Shocked like I said its always had a nice feel to hit when you help out a lower person and now this is being taken away now come on have a sense of good will? Frown

12-15-2009 22:05 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008

I think with the selling of junk for equal amount of stones patch, if you gain alot of lgo as a favour from someone else, whats to stop you from selling that lgo as junk.

I know u could have done that before, but junk is worth more stones now...hence the risk of pushing.

BUT......with these new tasks asking you to donate an amount of resource to whoever, the demand for junk, people and blood is going to be massive.
With the employment agency giving more people and the brothel giving more lgo...GREAT.

I would like to see a different way to prevent pushing of lgo / junk for stones instead of a cap but I don`t have an answer for it.

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nosforano: 12-15-2009 22:32.

12-15-2009 22:27 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Clan: The Fluffs

I've helped a lot of people upgrade their squares and never expected payment in return.

If you're talking of goodwill it's about helping friends and clanmembers, not getting paid for having the ability to attain a higher level of build than someone else.

Can't say this will affect my helping out in any way whatsoever.
12-15-2009 22:30 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: BOS/V13

quote:
Originally posted by kobruk
I've helped a lot of people upgrade their squares and never expected payment in return.

If you're talking of goodwill it's about helping friends and clanmembers, not getting paid for having the ability to attain a higher level of build than someone else.

Can't say this will affect my helping out in any way whatsoever.

I guess that depends on how much you help out then bud. Junk is more expensive now. If you help one person every couple of months then of course there won't be a change but some people try to help out their clan members/friends as much as poss (this is in no way a dig btw as you have helped me before) and it isn't feasible (especially with the price increase) to upgrade the same amount as before. Higher level buildings cost a lot more too. OK, it may be considered cheating or pushing but it's very helpful to give someone some lgo for them to upgrade a couple of buildings for you, especially if they are an absorber for example. Some people like yourself will happily spend their own junk doing it but I'm sure that junk will only stretch so far... Unless of course it is you who keeps getting all the junk from the auction! If it is then lets square swap for a bit Wink
12-15-2009 22:38 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Clan: The Fluffs

hehe, wish I was that lucky mate Smile

nah, I just sell a lot of what I find, can generally make a fair bit and I have a nice nest egg for now. As long as I keep selling quest finds hopefully it won't impact me or the clan too much, that said I'm not upping Police Stations to high levels on every swap so it's not running me millions of Lgo every few days.

and you know I'm always happy to swap mate, although I'd lay good odds your square kicks my butt now anyway, lol Tongue
12-15-2009 22:45 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

quote:

* Added Clan Armoury sorting. All items are now sorted by prefix (so all sets are grouped) and the jewellery is sorted by suffixes but only non-set jewellery is sorted this way.

well can be option to switch it off, i have all blood items my clan and before this patch i have better sorting items than its made now

12-16-2009 15:45 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
quote:

Some forewarning would have been useful Frown

12-17-2009 02:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch v. 1.2.2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH