Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Is reporting players who cheat fair? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Is reporting players who cheat fair? 9 Votes - Average Rating: 6.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Smurf

Registration Date: 02-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: FnV

Is reporting players who cheat fair? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Guys!
I have reported SmiercFrajerom cause I knew about his awkward deeds. I mean trades, multiaccounts and weird behaviour. I do not like players who cheat and pretend that they are innocent. They all know that sooner or later they would have been punished. I do not care what you think about me. I am pretty much satisfied with Szeszej's work and really grateful for banning those who deserve to be banned. I think that there are still more bans to come.

Cheers!

What do you think?
Would you report a cheater if you knew about his misbehaviour?
I really need your opinion cause I do not know why so many people are angry with me.
I think that they feel guilty and are afraid of getting banned.

12-18-2009 16:31 Smurf is offline Search for Posts by Smurf Add Smurf to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You get a thumbs up from me.

If i suspected anyone in Source of multi-accounting, i'd report them in a heartbeat.

People mutli-accounting etc show no respect to their fellow players. Borrowing other people's squares while knowing they could be caught and banned, thereby ruining someone else's square when/if they are.

Sometimes people make mistakes and do not report playing from the same IP, but if the rule-breaking is consistent and intentional, may the ban hammer crush them.
12-18-2009 17:03 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
You get a thumbs up from me.

If i suspected anyone in Source of multi-accounting, i'd report them in a heartbeat.

People mutli-accounting etc show no respect to their fellow players. Borrowing other people's squares while knowing they could be caught and banned, thereby ruining someone else's square when/if they are.

Sometimes people make mistakes and do not report playing from the same IP, but if the rule-breaking is consistent and intentional, may the ban hammer crush them.

I agree but if as u said its not purpose braking i.e 2 peps but don't report (i.e do not know etc) i think Sjez maybe be bit more understanding to them, i would never risk my account as y throw hard work away just to try get little extra

If i knew friend/clan mate was doing this i admit i would try to get them to stop as don't want them to be banned .

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-18-2009 17:14 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy

I agree but if as u said its not purpose braking i.e 2 peps but don't report (i.e do not know etc) i think Sjez maybe be bit more understanding to them, i would never risk my account as y throw hard work away just to try get little extra

If i knew friend/clan mate was doing this i admit i would try to get them to stop as don't want them to be banned .

Well the T&C are there when you sign up, so if you dont read them and dont report playing from the same IP, you've no-one to blame but yourself.

Given the amount of trouble there's been with multi-accounts etc before, i have limited compassion for anyone over 10 points who says they didnt know they had to report same IP.

By that stage, you'd like to think they may have been on the forums at some stage, or maybe read the punishment list etc which is on everyone's page.
12-18-2009 17:22 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:
Originally posted by Foxy

Well the T&C are there when you sign up, so if you dont read them and dont report playing from the same IP, you've no-one to blame but yourself.

Given the amount of trouble there's been with multi-accounts etc before, i have limited compassion for anyone over 10 points who says they didnt know they had to report same IP.

By that stage, you'd like to think they may have been on the forums at some stage, or maybe read the punishment list etc which is on everyone's page.

Lols forum, i only found out there was 1 around when necro started, i'd played about 8-10months by then =P

Yes i see ur point but still i not like mad at someone who does by accident, it hapoens

I've read forum rules tons but i make mistakes as some things i think diff to others, yes confused yet =P

But purpose multis/pushing etc, BAN THEM ALL =P

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-18-2009 17:29 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Smurf

Thread Starter Thread Started by Smurf

So ... Looks like the ones who do not have anything to hide are open-minded and reasonable. I think that pushing and pulling are issues that occur more often on Necropolis. As far as I know, Underworld has a different auction system which is clear and everyone can see the trade offers and the bids. However, on Necropolis it is possible to hide your trades easily. Just imagine me selling my whole equipment for like 200.000PoP ( it is worth more than 1.000.000PoP ) without posting it on forum. If Szeszej was not monitoring Necropolis properly, I would never be caught and the player who took advantage of the low price would not be banned. So if I get to know about such players who sell things cheaply or give out items, and then pretend to be fair, I usually report them in order to have them banned.
As simple as that.

12-18-2009 17:39 Smurf is offline Search for Posts by Smurf Add Smurf to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I'd think that's kind of a retorical question... of course it's fair to report someone who cheats.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-18-2009 18:20 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Smurf

Thread Starter Thread Started by Smurf

No it isn't. Polish people still tend to think it is immoral to report a cheater. But I am pretty much sure that this is one of cultural differences ...

12-18-2009 18:47 Smurf is offline Search for Posts by Smurf Add Smurf to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Hmm i was blissfully unaware people were even cheating... I assume this has something to do with money [pop] farming or something, i dont see why else people would stupidly risk their accounts.

Well, it would be hard to report like an ingame best friend, but to be honest i think 95% of people would go ahead and report them anyway, but suffer with the guilt afterwards.

12-18-2009 20:29 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
criss1

images/avatars/avatar-510.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2009
Clan: F.n.V

I agree with you Smurf! If you play this kind of game or any else you should follow the rules. Even if you cheat sooner or later it will come out. So you did the right thing. I think that now the banned persons will understed their proceedings. They have lost 2 or more characters maybe this will teach them something!

Cheers!

12-18-2009 21:17 criss1 is offline Search for Posts by criss1 Add criss1 to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009

reporting cheats is fair, why should some be given an unfair advantage (well an extra one anyway)
if they want to cheat go play on a hardcore realm.
speaking of which if anybody of any importance reads this, can we have a hardcore realm? i'd pay to be able to cheat Tongue

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-18-2009 21:38 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Desire

Registration Date: 11-28-2009

Smurf, you realy don't know why people are angry with you? You are breaking one of the rules of our society.
It is clear that reporting is fair.

But...

Change your skin color and your living place, i don't know, to FR or UK, or any other - just far enough from here.

Bye bye!

12-19-2009 12:02 Desire is offline Search for Posts by Desire Add Desire to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Only cheaters themselves think that reporting a cheater is immoral. Those who are without guild and have a good sense of judgement will report a cheater.

If someone from Source was cheating I'd report then too. Swearing in clan messages is one thing but cheating is much worse...

Edit. Desire apologise to Smurf for the racist comment... Otherwise I'll give you a warning...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

12-19-2009 12:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Desire

Registration Date: 11-28-2009

Oh, please, forgive me Smurf, i should never use such words.

Bye bye Smurf!

12-19-2009 12:28 Desire is offline Search for Posts by Desire Add Desire to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

desire, to my mind youve just earned a warning. first you make a racist comment, then evan gives you the option to apologise and you mock him.

i think there isnt as much of a cultural difference as you may think. im from the uk and people are labled as a 'grass' for reporting things (everything from crime to trivial matters in a game)

but moraly i think it is wrong to cheat. why should anyone benefit to the detriment of other players?

personally, if i found out someone in boot was cheating id boot them from the clan and report them because it would look badly on me and the rest of the clan if any of our members were caught to be cheating

12-19-2009 13:06 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Well, if you can't stand the guy for some good reason, and you're 100% sure(for example you have some proof) that he's cheating, then reporting him is a good thing, I would do it without hesitation. It's cheaters fault, that he let someone detect him, and he's the only one to blame. If not, then it's Administrators job to get him, since they have access to the game logs, and therefore they have better view on the situation, so I wouldn't bother myself xD.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

12-19-2009 20:35 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Personally, i wouldnt report them, i dont see the point on it,

And the complaints forum? That just gives people who just LOVE to complain about anything a place to complain, "oh i think these people are multiaccounting"
"This is offensive (shows a reference link)"

i remember a complaint of a person sayin "this is offensive" and it showed a ref. link to a players avatar "How bout a nice, big cup of shut the f*** up"(without censoring) and another one that said same thing except someones provenance said "Provenance:................Penis"

Now, these are not even worth complaining about, its just people who:
1: LOVE TO COMPLAIN
2: DONT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR

So, just to shorten it, i give a big "muffin YOU!!" and two middle fingers to those people Mad

12-19-2009 21:01 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

you have to remember though that young kids play this game. so yeah you can have some fun but within a certain context.

back to topic cheating is wrong tho so report away.
12-20-2009 20:11 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Cheese!!!!!!!!! Big Grin warning for language. using *'s isnt enough as the implication is still there

12-20-2009 20:40 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Im very sure i said f*** not the the full word, so how is that cursing? and it could have bene foot, feet, flab, flap,flip,flop, etc.

12-20-2009 20:49 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

you used stars it still counts as swearing coz we know what the word is.

if it was the other words you wouldnt have to put stars in it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 12-20-2009 21:20.

12-20-2009 21:19 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Double Ace

maybe i like my stars on words, did you eber think that? Tongue

12-20-2009 21:22 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
ifryt

Registration Date: 02-23-2009

Yeah... Big Grin I see there is almoust 10 peaple who thing the same as you...

but remember rest of us know who you really are...

frajer to frajer prawda? Smile

By Evangelion:
Do not care the rules

of course no, we dont need rules...
12-21-2009 00:41 ifryt is offline Search for Posts by ifryt Add ifryt to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Of course it is fair. Look at it as cheats being unfair to everyone else. So by reporting you are being fair to those who don't cheat

Your imperfection.
12-21-2009 00:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Double Ace

i never said its not fair, its fair yes but i myself wouldnt do it, well, it depends

quote:
Originally posted by ifryt
Yeah... Big Grin I see there is almoust 10 peaple who thing the same as you...

but remember rest of us know who you really are...

frajer to frajer prawda? Smile

what do you mean by "the rest of us know who you really are..."

And apparantely youre saying gull a gull is not?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D: 12-21-2009 19:39.

12-21-2009 19:32 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Wyobcowany

Registration Date: 01-04-2010

deleted
01-05-2010 23:36 Wyobcowany is offline Search for Posts by Wyobcowany Add Wyobcowany to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

quote:
Originally posted by Wyobcowany
deleted

thats pretty mean, what did he do to deserve that?

also of course reporting people who cheat is unfair. by cheating, they only make life harder for other players. everytime someone gets blocked by a bot, its because cheaters have meant the bot had to be put there, is just one example.

besides, cheating is morally wrong. it doesnt matter what other people think about it, its up too you to show a sence of integrity and report them. which you did Smile
01-05-2010 23:42 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Wyobcowany warning for offence

closed

01-05-2010 23:57 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Is reporting players who cheat fair?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH