Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Piercings/tattoos/body mods. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Piercings/tattoos/body mods.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DD

Piercings/tattoos/body mods. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone have any?

I'm just interested, body modification fascinates me, i'm constantly getting new piercings and looking at sites to see the newest things to do be done.

I myself have 12 piercings but I cannot get a tattoo as i'm too young.

But if your past those both and have serious mods, then please, be my friend. haha

I'm looking forward to seeing replies

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

03-01-2008 14:38 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I have a small body mod, a knee stabilizer Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-01-2008 14:43 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have 2 tats ...... a medium one on my left upper arm (Flaming skull/Celtic knotwork of my own design) and a full back piece taken from the cover artwork for 3 Brian Lumley books (George Underwood artwork) that is part finished.

Links to the book covers on the artists site are below.

Left Shoulderblade
Necroscope 4

Right Shoulderblade
Lost Years

From just under the collar down the spine to around belt level
Last Aerie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-01-2008 15:32.

03-01-2008 15:31 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by MetalMouth

Wow they are cool.
You a metal fan ?

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

03-01-2008 16:01 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Just slightly Smile Was into it before it became fashionable in the mid 80's

03-01-2008 16:28 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Ahh I see.
Like any of the modern metal about ;D?

03-01-2008 16:42 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Well, I have 4 piercings in my ear and one (used to be 2) facial piercing and I'm a proud wielder of my own design tattoo as well Cool

03-01-2008 19:07 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Which 2 facial piercings ;d?

03-01-2008 19:31 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

proud owner of two tattoos at the moment led zepplin design with lion on right shoulder and shaded dragon on left foot, soon to be adding another to my stomach not sure yet.

Necro knows me as Gjallar
03-02-2008 14:41 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by MetalMouth
Ahh I see.
Like any of the modern metal about ;D?

Yup ..... Lamb of God, Porcupine Tree, SOAD, Suicidal Tendencies, etc, etc Smile

03-02-2008 15:17 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Ahh nice.
I'm not a fan of Lamb of God myself but alot of my friends are, and they all seem to like Children of Bodom too :|

I myself prefer Metal with a bit more variety :d

03-02-2008 15:53 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

It's fair to say I'm into body modification. I'm a member of BME which is a global body modification community.

Currently I have 10 tattoos but more are still to come. I have the 4 elements (earth, fire water and wind) on my inner left forearm. An anemone flower on my upper left arm; a butterfly on a flower on my left back/shoulder; a battle fairy on my right back/shoulder; a fallen angel of sorts on my right lower back; 2 birds and a flower on my right calf(design was from a pendant on the necklace left to me by my grandmother who has passed on); a peace sign with wings under my navel(was my first at age 16).

I really like the look of Polynesian tattoos and black tribal work. I'm also hoping to get some dot work done at some point to because it is one of the most intriguing visual effects to me in tattooing. My right arm is still bare because I'm making plans for either a half sleeve or full sleeve. All this takes a lot of money though so I'm a least a few years away from completing all this.

As for piercing I currently have 10 piercings. 3 facial (4 if you count the tongue), the rest are in my ears and 1 genital piercing. I've had others but removed the due to migration/rejection and unfortunate mishaps.

Something I'm also interested in getting is scarification work. I'm lucky enough to have a good friend who is a talented modification artist and has experience in this, it's just a matter of finding the right design for me.

03-02-2008 16:35 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Yay.
A real modder.

I'm not part of BME but that's the site I look on.

I want to get a branch blossoming up my hip inbetween the corset I am getting up my left side.

The piercings I have at the moment are hips and wrist surface, septum, bridge, double monroes, snake bites, anti eyebrows.

And as for the scarification, I think thats one of the best mods you can get, along with branding which i'm getting quite soon.
My friend does it and i've been thinking about getting a heart, where my heart is.
Not sure if you've seen it, but StevO from jackass has it, or something similar I think.

You ever thought about getting implants of the chest or anywhere else?
And for those who don't know what i'm saying, it's the implant of an object under your skin so it bulges out giving the look of something.

I saw a chick on BME with a star directly in the middle of her chest - hottest thing i've ever seen.

03-02-2008 17:44 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

sounds painful Shocked
03-02-2008 18:55 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

I only have ear piercings, but am getting more soon.

I know somebody who recently got a pink star with a black outline (about 5cm across) just below her hip.

Apparently it didn't hurt a bit. Shocked

03-02-2008 20:00 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

BME has a wealth of information on everything and anything body mod related. I've written up my experiences and submitted many many pictures some of which have been featured. I've also been part of the review team. I'm all for educating myself and others on this subject.

Pain all depends on the individual, what they are having done, how they are getting it done and where. To me tattoos are a piece of cake. I find the whole process to be soothing and euphoric. I've been known to be lulled to sleep by the sound of the gun it's so relaxing to me. At times there may be certain line work that was felt more than others but for me it's been no big deal. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get any rib work done lol, I've yet to hear someone say that that area doesn't hurt.

Piercings for the most part I'm ok with, it's usually putting the jewellery in that is the most uncomfortable and not the needle itself, although the septum did hurt and was my least favorite of all.That one only last about 4 months and I just didn't like the feeling of it period. I think an individuals mindset going into it is a big factor. Those who get themselves all panicked and worked up into a frenzy are generally the same who find these things the most painful. It's amazing how just basic regular breathing and not holding your breath can make all the difference in the world too.

Surface piercings are quite lovely as are corset piercings.
As for implants, I think they can look quite interesting. The only thing that I would want to have for myself at this time would be some microdermals. I've been wondering if I can incorporate them into my bird tattoo as eyes for the birds but I don't want to risk mucking up the tattoo if things go wrong. I think for more "extreme" implants I'd have to wait and see. It's been gaining popularity in recent years but I'd rather see how they last over the long term and what effects it has on the body.

03-02-2008 21:39 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:

I have my chin pierced. My eyebrow piercing had to go because of my job Frown Tongue is pierced as well (possitive comments from every single girl Smile )
After reading your posts (especially Hespera) I feel like Alice in wonderland and I tought I know a lot about body mods. Even the tattoo I was showing off with is just a small one (about 5x5cm) but I have plans foe a full sleeve and one more to go on my leg. The only problem is that I don't know anyone who could design it for me and my drawins are a bit 'awkward' Smile
There is one guy in Camden Town, London who is doing his own comic so I think I'll ask him.
I prefer to have all my tatoos done in the same style so that they will create an aesthetic extension of my personality. Thats just my excuse for not having the tattoos done in the last 3 years.

03-03-2008 02:29 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
quote:

I have my chin pierced. My eyebrow piercing had to go because of my job Frown Tongue is pierced as well (possitive comments from every single girl Smile )
After reading your posts (especially Hespera) I feel like Alice in wonderland and I tought I know a lot about body mods. Even the tattoo I was showing off with is just a small one (about 5x5cm) but I have plans foe a full sleeve and one more to go on my leg. The only problem is that I don't know anyone who could design it for me and my drawins are a bit 'awkward' Smile
There is one guy in Camden Town, London who is doing his own comic so I think I'll ask him.
I prefer to have all my tatoos done in the same style so that they will create an aesthetic extension of my personality. Thats just my excuse for not having the tattoos done in the last 3 years.

Usually if you give the tattoo artist a description of what you want they will design something for you.

And chin piercing?
Like a very low lip piercing?
Umm, similar to the singer from Disturbed?

Also, i'm wanting a sleeve myself, although i'm not a fan of the usual skulls and sort of demonic/dark designs.
I'd like more of a very bright sleep with chinese signs along with other cultures signs of peace among other enlightening things ;D

And some may find this interesting, others a bit wierd.
But I was speaking to a friend, he's the owner of a piercing shop when I was getting my septum pierced, he told me that there is another kind of septum piercing.
He told me the name although I forgot Frown
But it goes through the top of the nostril, through the hard part of the nose at the top, then through the other nostril.

Also there is the "Rhino" which goes up through the tip of the nose.
I thought that was pretty damn original :p

As for Hespera, the micros are cool, i've heard of a person who has them in the corner of his eyes, and my friend is getting metal put into the sides of his eyes which is going to be pretty god damn painful for him.

Ever thought of doing suspension? Do BME do that when they travel?
I heard they were in London a while ago.

03-03-2008 12:27 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
diablo

It doesn't look like the two piercings from Disturbed (Land of Confusion and 10.000 fists in the air rulez) but the location is the same. A lovely 1cm metal spike makes some people scared Smile

I want my tattoo to be as unique as possible so I'd prefer an artist of similar style to design it rather than the person who will do the tattoo.
The Rhino is awesome, but I am allergic so no nose piercings...

03-03-2008 13:11 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Oh I see.
It's hard to be original nowadays with tattoo's really.
But maybe get UV Ink it's a bit different and it glows in the dark XD

Sound like a 5 year old saying that haha.

My favourite piercing has to be surface piercings on the collar bones, that's pretty hot on a chick ;p

03-03-2008 13:15 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
diablo

I was thinking about that, but not the whole tattoo but just a few outlines. I was wondering what it would look like after a few years. Does anyone know?

03-03-2008 19:15 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

Originally there were problems with the ink turning brownish after a while but from what I know UV tattoos have improved drastically since they first came out. I've seen some pretty cool looking ones.

Suspension has been on my "to do' list for a few years now. There are a lot of suspension teams all over the place(both affilited and unaffiliated with BME) so anyone interested should research it for their area. Ususally what happens is that members from different cities will organize events throughout the year. You don't really have to be a member either as it's supposed to be open to everyone interested in bodymod. The only time you pay for membership is to access certain sections of the web site and even then you can get free access by contributing stories or photos. You just need to be careful who and where you choose to do it with as there are people out there who care nothing for cleanliness and safety.

03-03-2008 20:24 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hehe, this sounds like a fun conversation... if a little vomit enducing Tongue

Got 4 tatts at the moment: full moon & silhouette clouds on top left arm, theatre masks (sorrow & joy) on top right, also a heart with razorblade sliced through it below, and my favourite; a dragon on my right shoulder & across back - aint nothing sexier than a tattooed back!

I drew them all myself, got a discount on the dragon so the tattooist could use it in his shop - Lal Hardy in London.

Got them all done when I was younger - one when I was too young, although I still don't regret it - couldn't agree more with Hespera - education is a positive thing. I love tattoos, and am so glad that they are more socially accepted now - I like to think my generation helped bring that about. I think they should be an extension of your personality & indivduality, and because of that, I think you should think about what & where you want done. I got my first when I was 16, the only reason I still don't regret it is because I had been drawing it for about two years prior to that; my girlfriend at the time even used to copy it in make-up onto various places on my body so I could work out where it looked best... funny thing is, it always looked best at the top of my arm - I think the roundness of the full moon is accentuated by that bit of muscle.

Still wanna get more; drew a couple of things to get done on the inside of my wrists, just haven't got around to getting them done yet. I like big bold colours & even though I like fine-line stuff, I have a soft spot for that retro fat-line look. Full sleeves are very cool if they look connected - ie they have a continuous theme through the artwork - I'm not keen on tattoos that get joined up just for the hell of it. I think tattoos look best when they have an area of flesh around them, shows them off for the piece of artwork that they should be - you wouldn't put a collection of paintings next to each other without some wall-space inbetween - why do it to tattoos?

Used to have several piercings, but lost interest in them; the only one I miss was the one in the top of my ear (the hard part - don't know what thats called) - that was like my comfort blanket Big Grin - was always playing with it.... can't remember why i took it out now Confused

Now, for those of us who aren't in the scene & can't be a***d to wiki it - what is suspension?
And is it as painful as it sounds? Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-03-2008 22:12 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

Sounds like a cartilage piercing. Couldn't tell you the specific name unless I saw where it was placed (there are a lot of different kinds).

Suspension is having hooks put through different part of your body and then hanging from a some type of rig setup. Lots of different ways to suspend. Hooks through the upper back/shoulder area, through the knees, stomach, upper chest etc etc.

Below is a link to some images but be warned that there may be partial to full nudity throughout the pages and some may find the content disturbing.
http://modblog.bmezine.com/category/ritual/suspension/

03-04-2008 00:06 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
SW3294

images/avatars/avatar-170.jpg

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: [T.B.M]

Shocked I have to say in my opinion I think that all this body modification stuff is just not for me and I am never going to have any of this stuff done but hey thats who I am. lol Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SW3294: 03-04-2008 20:28.

03-04-2008 00:18 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Body modification has been around for thousands of years and has been present in all different cultures.

03-04-2008 00:23 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
SW3294

Not in mine lol I suppose that an earing or two is okay and I can probably put up with lips and noses and stuff but I'm afraid that in my opinion this stuff is just over the top http://modblog.bmezine.com/category/ritual/suspension/

ouch!

03-04-2008 00:26 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

A well placed and tasteful tattoo can be one of the sexiest things a woman can show Smile

03-04-2008 00:34 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SW3294

Yeah I suppose I am ok with tatoos it just peircings are just not my thing

03-04-2008 00:36 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

It's far from wrong.
It depends how open or narrow minded a person is to do what they want, without other people caring.

As hes said, it's been done for thousands of years, which makes it alot more normal than sitting on a computer pretending to be a vampire on a game. :p

Hespera, you ever seen anyone get a mod of vampire teeth? I've been wanting it done for a while but i've only ever seen people with ones you can take out, which is a little halloweenish for me ;p

03-04-2008 08:26 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I don't think its "narrow minded" to disagree with it - everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is structured - I'm not sure I like the look of suspension either - but if you get your rocks off to it, then thats cool with me.

This stuff has been around since the dawn of humankind; it is a part of the male/female display instinct - you know how some animals grow horns in spring, change the colour of their feathers, or do funny dances. I reckon at some point humans realised we weren't as imaginatively designed as these animals, so we copied them and have been doing it ever since - or maybe, when we were monkeys, our fur used to change colour in mating season? Who knows. And its not just body modification & tattoos - all of fashion was born out this exact same instinct. We do it to fit in, we do it to impress, and we do it because it helps us establish our identity.... ok I'll shut up now. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-04-2008 14:58 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

I didn't mean it like that, I don't have any problem with people who disagree with it, but when it's labeled "Wrong" the person is narrow minded, if the person disagrees then thats completely fine.
Just please, don't label it as wrong. It just really annoys me :\

03-04-2008 15:15 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I must say, I think that the suspension thing looks horrible, I can't see how anybody can look at that, it makes me cringe Red Face fair enough people like it but i cant look at it lolz

03-04-2008 19:27 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
SW3294

Happy now metal mouth that post has been edited will you stop grumbling now?

03-04-2008 20:29 SW3294 is offline Search for Posts by SW3294 Add SW3294 to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

There are a lot of things relating to body modification that makes me cringe and don't interest me but I don't critisize it. There are so many different reasons why an individual would choose to do something. Some do it because they think it's cool, some are tribal rituals; some things signify a persons status within their community; some people are pain junkies; some use it as a outlet for dealing with depression. The list goes on and on.

Honestly the few forms of modification I have a big problem accepting are things like female genital mutilation still done in parts of Africa and male circumcision or anything that is done to an individual by force, and without consent. Otherwise it's really not my place to judge someone on what they do to their bodies of their own free will.

03-05-2008 08:18 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Enigma

Registration Date: 02-16-2008

tats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got a large tattoo on my upper arm. I don't really regret anything I've done but that tattoo comes close. In my youthful enthusiasm and short-sightedness I had my boyfriends name added on which was a mistake since I finished with him 2 months later. It doesn't really bother me too much but having to explain who he is every time someone asks can be tedious. It's a heart and rose.
I had my eyebrow pierced and it bled everywhere at the time although I didn't feel much pain. Must have been too near a blood vessel. It didn't take and after 2-3 months it just wasn't healing and was getting quite nasty. It didn't help that I had a large ring put in and I kept knocking it by accident. I gave up and took it out and it has healed up as though it was never there. I was beginning to consider maybe it hadn't been such a wise move anyway for the career I wish to pursue as employers can be judgemental about things like that. I do like piercings and tattoos though.
03-05-2008 19:26 Enigma is offline Search for Posts by Enigma Add Enigma to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

RE: tats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know what you mean Enigma, at 17 trying to get a part time job between college holidays they see someone with 8 facial piercings and just knock you off straight away.

I've been trying to get into some alternative/gothic/emo clothes shops as they'd be happy to have me, I think. Just no where comes to mind, small town so not much choice :p

And if I took my piercings out my face, at a part time job it'd take me weeks to get the money i'd spent on piercings + I believe they are what define me, and I'm not trading in myself for some minimum pay part time job :p

03-05-2008 20:02 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
diablo

I have 2 jobs, one of them is a pub where I am a team leader and our pub manager managed to convince his boss to let me keep my piercings. There are people who are open-minded, but there is not enough of them Wink

03-05-2008 21:52 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pat

Registration Date: 11-28-2007
Clan: NOYDB

Now to throw my hat into the ring , I am not against tattoos or piercings as I have the odd one or two myself as does my wife , but if any of you body mod types consider living till old age finally calls time then consider how totally blech you will look when aged 40+ , it ain't gonna pretty , stretch marks and time will make you look like umpteen pounds of chewed crap and you better hope you are with someone equally disfigured or blind as you will not be attracting much in the way of compliments just embarrassed lulz , still if you only plan on living till your twenty something then GOOD luck and such ....... I do not regret any of my tats and will be adding to the work I have had done , just will not be bothering with getting branded or stitched or otherwise ruined , just an opinion and do not care if I get slated for speaking my mind , your body your life your regret later ...................
03-06-2008 04:01 Pat is offline Search for Posts by Pat Add Pat to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

When I get So old and wrinkled I seriously doubt what my tattoos look like will be a major concern, I'll probably be more concerned with important health issues the elderly have, like cancer, alzheimers, breaking a hip, going deaf,cataracts, needing to wear diaper, trying to remember where I put my teeth etc...

Some areas on the body will sag more than others so consider the tattoo placement carefully before you get it done.

Go to a good artist who uses quality ink and knows what they are doing. A good quality tattoo will still look good years and years later.

Tattoos that do fade can be touched up or removed

Take care of your skin.

I've seen lots of older people with tats and they look great. Getting old doesn't automatically mean your tattoos will turn to sh!t. Also the quality of inks used 20-30 years ago is not as good as a good quality ink is today.

quote:

Hespera, you ever seen anyone get a mod of vampire teeth? I've been wanting it done for a while but i've only ever seen people with ones you can take out, which is a little halloweenish for me ;p

I've only ever met one person who had them and they looked cool.

On the topic of finding a job, I can honestly say I've never had a problem getting a job due to my piercings. In fact it's very common to see people with piercings in all kinds of different professions here (nurses, security guards, teachers, receptionists, cashiers). There are many corporate companies I'm sure would avoid hiring a modded person but I think it's just gradually being accepted more and more.

I had to edit my post because I misread something and something I commented on wasn't relelvant.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 03-06-2008 06:06.

03-06-2008 05:53 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Piercings/tattoos/body mods.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH