Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » 1h Gun Tattoo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1h Gun Tattoo 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

1h Gun Tattoo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am more than ready to get a LOT of abuse for this, but instead of stipulating exact stats (ones shown can and will be changed according to forum ideas), it might be good to put down some ideas and develop a balanced and fair tattoo path as an entire forum. Other disclaimers include: this is just a hypothetical idea; I am more than happy with the current tattoo paths available; and I am happy with the current number of tattoos. It would just be an interesting exercise to see what we can come up with. So here goes:

With my third tattoo, increased damage would have no need to be as large as the gunman's or gangster's tattoo bonus, so this would probably be similar to the gangster's tattoo 'Tricks of Alleys', but slightly lessened.

Tattoo 1: (Level 1 cost 1000 PoP and 1BS)
+dmg Possible range:
1) All weapons damage +1
2) All weapons damage +2
3) All weapons damage +4
4) All weapons damage +6
5) All weapons damage +8

Next would come critical bonus as this is a serious tattoo for both the gunman and assassin and would based loosely on their tattoos Anatomy Expert and Eagle Eye.

Tattoo 3: (Level 1 cost 1000 PoP and 1BS)
+crit% Possible range:
1) Chance for critical strike +4%
2) Chance for critical strike +10%
3) Chance for critical strike +16%
4) Chance for critical strike +20%
5) Chance for critical strike +25%

I've always wanted to see a 1h gun tattoo path with a minor -def% feature so this will be based kind of on the assassin's 'Deadly Precision'.

Tattoo 3: (Level 1 cost 4500 PoP and 2BS)
-def% Possible range:
1) Ignore 2% of opponant's defence
2) Ignore 5% of opponant's defence
3) Ignore 8% of opponant's defence
4) Ignore 11% of opponant's defence
5) Ignore 15% of opponant's defence

Finally, the last tattoo implementing experience bonuses. I would like to add the collector's tattoo 'Guide' into this as a minor boost, similar to that of the black knight's 'Double Strike'.

Tattoo 4 (Level 1 cost 4500 PoP and 1BS)
+exp% and +HP% Possible range:
1) +2% Experience (aura)
2) +5% Experience (aura)
3) +8% Experience (aura)
4) +12% Experience (aura), +4% Hit Points
5) +16% Experience (aura), +8% Hit Points

With these ideas in mind, requirements would have to be set at a low maximum, similar to that of the assassin, but with further respect to the gunman, being exclusively to one handed guns. Ideas for starting requirements I'll leave up to you guys to discuss as necessary, with respect to the bonuses, so that they might balance out with the difficulty of getting them.

Again, this is not a serious idea for a new tattoo path, but more a project to see how balenced we can make it as a path, with 1h guns with a -def% tattoo.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-28-2009 14:06 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm, if you set the defence for max allowed then Gunam is much much better. If you give it min defence requirement then a +to hit is needed.
I'd love the 15% ignore defence - A sphinx has toughness 98-159, so after the -15% it is 84-135. Your damage will be lowered by 42-68 instead of the original 49-80. That means extra 7-12 damage per shot.

The tattoo you suggested is more or less a gunman without the extra attacks, but ignoring defence.

12-28-2009 14:19 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by LucifersAngel
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So do you have any suggestions for either way then? If you're saying max defence would make gunman better, then I guess to balance it out, minimum defence would be required. You also mentioned a +to hit, so which tattoo would you replace?

EZLN

12-28-2009 14:23 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Defence ignoring isn't so helpful for 1h guns since damage from these is reduced just by half of the opponents toughness. It shouldn't be available as 3rd tatoo imo.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

12-28-2009 14:27 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
diablo

Undivisible, same for 2h guns, the ignore defence basically means ignore toughness Smile

LucifersAngel, I couldn't come up with a balanced and nice new tattoo for 1h guns myself. There are just too many aspects to balance and the game system doesn't give you loads of possibilities. Gunman is pure damage, Gangster is a survivor and Collector is a tank later on. Hard to fit something between them.

12-28-2009 14:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

I just realised that if you imposed a minimum defence requirement, you would have to ignore solar set and would have to rely on armour of speed and deadly sets for extra attacks. This might make it less fair again...

EZLN

12-28-2009 14:43 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

You're right diablo, but snipers/assasins defence ignoring tatoos are a lot cheaper than this one, so placing it as one of the cheaper tatoo would be good, plus it would make this tatoo different from gunman from the very beginning Smile . Tatoo with extra chance to hit + something else(maybe hp regen on hit?) could be placed instead.
quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
I just realised that if you imposed a minimum defence requirement, you would have to ignore solar set and would have to rely on armour of speed and deadly sets for extra attacks. This might make it less fair again...
How about replacing tatoo with bonus chance for critical strike?

quote:
IGN: Atomos

12-28-2009 15:00 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
diablo

Yup, that is the main problem. If you go for min defence then you end up with the same as the Collector is, if you go for max defence in requirements then you already have Gunman and Gangster.

Undivisible, how different? Gunman once (s)he has the 1st extra attack will deal more damage. Try suggesting something instead of ''something nice'' Wink
HP regen on hit would end up being as useless as Monk's...

12-28-2009 15:09 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

How about :

Tat 1
-defence (same as before but 1000 PoP +1 BS etc)
Tat 2
+crit (same as before)
Tat 3
+ to hit

1) +5 to hit
2) +16 to hit
3) +21 to hit
4) +35 to hit
5) +50 to hit

(considering this is a 4500 pop etc tat, these values might go up to make it worth it)

Tat 4
same as before.

This way, with a minimum defence you could forget the +damage as this could be made up with suffixes like death sower and caligula which boost defence as well.

This any better?

EDIT up to Undivisible: in that case the crit tat stands to help negate the effects of the speed suffix.

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 12-28-2009 15:41.

12-28-2009 15:36 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
diablo

Now you made a more powerful collector Wink

12-28-2009 15:43 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

So what needs to be nerfed to make it more balanced?
EDIT: collector can use ranged weapons whereas this is exclusively 1h guns. Wouldn't you say that had some sort of effect?

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 12-28-2009 15:48.

12-28-2009 15:45 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
diablo

First of all, set up your goal. What kind of tattoo you want to create. Then, the requirements. After that comes the damage/survivability balance. Then check if it is not just a slightly altered one of the existing tattoos.

As I said before, I couldn't come up with a new 1h guns tattoo myself Frown I can only comment on the balance, similarity to other tattoos and power.

12-28-2009 15:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » 1h Gun Tattoo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH