Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » just a little snow? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page just a little snow?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

just a little snow? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what with all of the snow in england recently, ive been wondering, are people enjoying it, or wishing it would all melt? i personally am enjoying it at the moment, as i cba with school, but hopefully it will go away soon, as i have some exams next week Frown

there was also the problem off a snowman i built being defaced, by having its hea knocked off, and the addition of snow genatalia Frown

anyone else got any amusing stories, want to share there opionons, or if your not from england, simply want to say quite your whining, youve got like 2-3 inches and everythings been brought to a standstill??
01-05-2010 23:27 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Driving to and from my mother's at Christmas was a nightmare. Snowstorms going both ways with whiteout conditions. I thought I would crap my pants when driving on highway and road suddenly dissapears. It was a long and slow drive. I'm from Canada and am well used to loads of snow.. 2-3 inches? Lol, nothing for where I am from, but yeah driving in storms is scary!!!!!!

I take it you did not appreciate the anatomically correct alteration of you snowman? Decapating was mean though.

01-05-2010 23:32 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

Thread Starter Thread Started by bobalob57
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that sounds pretty scary to say the least...
and yup, 2-3 inches and people are being warned not to travel unless neccisery, schools are closed, public services badly affected, ect...

not really, although i saw the decappitated one first, then a second one id made [i was bored] had been smashed to bits, then i saw the change, and was just like 'oh for the love of god, dont take the mick!' so may have taken it differantly in other circumstances
01-05-2010 23:38 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Yay snow, no school

1 year till i can drive so i don't have to worry about snow problems on road

Fave snow moment today

Getting body board (for sea) and using it to snowboard down steep hill

Worry: If food runs out as counsil won't give us grite

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-05-2010 23:55 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i live in england and our infrastructure is not built to deal with it. if anything we usually have 2-3 snow days a year so it isnt really worth us spending alot in preparation but we are already running very low on grit and snow chains arent allowed because they tear up the road surface.

i hope it melts fast.

01-05-2010 23:55 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

I hope the snow stays for awhile, as much as i hate the cold (and i mean ABSOLUTELY TRULY HATE!) it means i can be lazy and sleep in, and sleeping in is fun.

And don't make me bring a snowmans piece to your house and prod you with it Tongue

Although, i wish our country had snowstorms, it'd be fun to sleep just a pure sheet of white in every direction you look, including straight up XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
01-06-2010 00:26 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i hate the cold but love the snow.

dont know why but its nice to see it for a change lol
01-06-2010 00:45 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

2-3 inches? And schools are closing down? Seriously? We had a foot last year and Lest still had to go to school. Jeez. I'll take England winters any day...lol

It gets so bad my poor little car barely gets up the street...in 6+ inches. I used to love winter, then I had to learn to drive in it. Now I hate it. Stupid winter....lol

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-06-2010 00:46 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

You think we have it bad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxkaIsdtV0

01-06-2010 01:19 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Foxy
Viking

RE: just a little snow? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow Art

You should see where i live

Tons of cars etc stuck

01-06-2010 01:36 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

we had looooooads of snow up in nottingham today, busses have been cnacelled, most taxi firms wont accept calls and theres been police warnings not to drive, today alone, i was outside for a few minutes throwing snowballs at my neighbours (yes, im such a nice guy) and i helped to push 3 cars up my road it was insane

but may i say, long my it last, tomorrow i plan on building a snowman in the middle of the road so those brave soles who are willing to drive cant go anywhere because of my roadblock Big Grin

my good days tomorrow is gonna be a good day

edit: lol @arts link, i was pmsl classic vid, i wish i was there, i would have been given the chance to laugh at sooooooooooo many people Smile

IGN: acidic shots

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 01-06-2010 02:13.

01-06-2010 02:07 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
-PRICEYSID-

Registration Date: 12-20-2008
Clan: L.I.G

i live in bristol, and wow got 13 cms of it yipeeee, and still pitching

i love the SNOW Smile

regards.
01-06-2010 07:19 -PRICEYSID- is offline Search for Posts by -PRICEYSID- Add -PRICEYSID- to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

me again Big Grin

my snowman road block is done, geting a few people rather peeved but its funny as hell

starting the think the frostbite i got on my hands (didnt really just bloody cold) was worth it Big Grin

01-06-2010 14:08 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
i live in england and our infrastructure is not built to deal with it. if anything we usually have 2-3 snow days a year so it isnt really worth us spending alot in preparation but we are already running very low on grit and snow chains arent allowed because they tear up the road surface.

i hope it melts fast.

Last year after one of the snow days, we found out that it cost us £1,000,[INSERT BIG NUMBER HERE] per day, because our productivity falls by a monumental percentage, even with people working at home.

As much as it would cost, we would almost certainly benefit from investing in anti-snow-ballistic missiles or some other random capital.

01-06-2010 14:43 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

SNOW SMOW

I lived in Canada for ten years when you got 4-5 feet of the stuff dumped over night.

I love England for the way drivers become crap when the white stuff falls.

I had to over take someone on the main road when they where doing just 5 miles an hour - FIVE!!!

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

01-06-2010 14:44 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

haha we got told that if you wanted emergency services you'll have to be at deaths doors or LIFE threatening circumstances for them to come out XD

lololol i do think its rather funny XD

i haven't been out in it that much but there is loads XD and you should see the size of some of the snow men here hahah it makes me lol that a few inches of snow makes big city centers close XD hahaha manchester and liverpool were like closed and southport is just as bad as a back street where they don't grit XD

it does make me laugh XD so upprepaired... the roads by mine have recently been reserfested and omg because they are all crap they have used some rubbish stuff and all the road is coming up XD that nooooobs Big Grin xxx

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Beatrice_2: 01-06-2010 14:48.

01-06-2010 14:48 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
-PRICEYSID-

Registration Date: 12-20-2008
Clan: L.I.G

my neighbour made a 6 foot snowman, and a igloo house its brilliant, so i making a bigger snowman then thm got base done its hugeee Wink
01-06-2010 15:19 -PRICEYSID- is offline Search for Posts by -PRICEYSID- Add -PRICEYSID- to your Buddy List
Souleater393

Registration Date: 06-10-2008
Clan: HLL

well...last year it snowed and my school was shut for a week, woop Tongue

but..it snowed so much overnight...and then we got to school and their like its open...we wernt allowed at break..lunch OMG WICKED snowball fights are sooooo fun i jus loved it Wink except when people start thinking ICE is snow and it gets...violent and it hurts Crying but yer snow is cool, we don't always get it and when we do, its not for that long Frown

but roads are slidey and theres lots of ice on paths so its dangerous Frown
i slipped on my way to school today = [

01-06-2010 16:09 Souleater393 is offline Search for Posts by Souleater393 Add Souleater393 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Souleater393
demonfury v2
Lord

if you fell on your arse soul (see what i did there Wink ) i would wet myself with laughter it would to me having a frozen crotch but oh well, would be funny as hell

01-06-2010 18:42 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Clan: dark

How many inches did you guys get?

I got around 4-5 Big Grin

just made an igloo Smile

01-06-2010 18:45 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
Souleater393

Registration Date: 06-10-2008
Clan: HLL

couple inches...not a foot of snow but cos my schools big and its everywhere..and all over the field and that Tongue

no demon i dont see what u did there Confused ....do tell

01-06-2010 18:47 Souleater393 is offline Search for Posts by Souleater393 Add Souleater393 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Souleater393
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

its been snowing for 7 hours ere and i let my dog out and forgot about her Tongue oops mum wasnt too happy .. and 2 hours later i remembered and opened the door and had a snowdog it was hilarious lol but ad to take her to vets to get checked over

01-06-2010 18:47 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

lol mitch Tongue how bad did your mum tell you off?

and my brother made a snowman so I removed its head and stuck it on my igloo Cool

01-06-2010 18:52 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Ermmm ... my jaw never felt the same since she found out hurts alot hahha Tongue aweell best thing about it was i had the best laff ever

01-06-2010 18:54 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

lol did she hit you Shocked ?

01-06-2010 18:58 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

lol yes she didnt hit me hard though lol it was onli a slap

01-06-2010 19:00 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

god my mum never slaps me becuase im taller than her Big Grin

i dropped my coarse work in the snow Frown when going to the garage

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred2: 01-06-2010 19:06.

01-06-2010 19:02 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Lol my mums shorter than me a swear she ad to jump hahaha lol :p well a good slap never hurts enyone i always say Tongue

and ouch glad that never happened ta me did your coursework survive Tongue lol

01-06-2010 19:05 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

umm lets just say that I have to do it again ;]

Anyone got school tomorow? Ive got the week off

01-06-2010 19:07 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

ouch all my coursework got destroyed when my school roof blew off lol ahhaha Tongue

so had to do it all over again

pic there now Tongue

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5601/myschoolroof.png

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 01-06-2010 19:16.

01-06-2010 19:15 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

lol we just got an about 2 inches of snow (thats a lot fr the east coast of ireland)
and i just seen one car slide and get stuck in the middle of the grenn in my estate

i also fell a few times while drunk and hurt my bum and other various bodyparts

01-06-2010 19:56 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

lol nero I pushed my brother into a snow drift Big Grin

ive got a hill with a snow drift nearly higher than me which is like 6foot and he had to dig a tunnel out but he had snow all over his face and he looked very angry Pleased

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred2: 01-06-2010 20:11.

01-06-2010 19:58 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred2
lol nero I pushed my brother into a snow drift Big Grin

ive got a hill with a snow drift nearly higher than me which is like 6foot and he had to dig a tunnel out but he had snow all over his face and he looked very angry Pleased

Great Escape

Lols i been sleding and playing snow rugby =)

01-06-2010 20:12 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Souleater393
couple inches...not a foot of snow but cos my schools big and its everywhere..and all over the field and that Tongue

it my previous post (i dont know how to do double quotes) i stated did you fall on your arse soul put the 2 words together, for a very simple chuckle

01-06-2010 20:14 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

Foxy: snow drifts are so funnn Smile theres a monument which is above the drift which means you can jump into the drift Big Grin

01-06-2010 20:32 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
quote:
Originally posted by Souleater393

it my previous post (i dont know how to do double quotes) i stated did you fall on your arse soul put the 2 words together, for a very simple chuckle

Double quotes have to be done manually

quote:
Originally posted by No-one, it's an example
Like so. Just open up the thread in another tab, get the quote you want, and then copy-paste it below your message.

The more you know!

I'm backety back back
01-06-2010 20:43 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Like so. Just open up the thread in another tab, get the quote you want, and then copy-paste it below your message.

The more you know![/quote

thanks for the info mate

i could have just wrote the code in manually lol

i didnt know i could though, cant you tell im a forum noob Tongue

thanks again mate Smile

01-06-2010 21:18 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

School is cancelled again for me. Getting kinda irritated now because I have a lot of stuff I need to do. Such as skive off and go to the Cinema during my free periods. Daybreakers just came out and we were all planning on seeing it yesterday! Damn snow! Also, on the subject of my hatred for snow, I want people to understand why I hate it. 1) It's cold. 2) It's wet. 3) Despite the reasons 1 and 2, people still feel compelled to throw it at you. What is wrong with you people?

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

01-07-2010 12:45 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
thanks for the info mate

i could have just wrote the code in manually lol

i didnt know i could though, cant you tell im a forum noob Tongue

thanks again mate Smile

"hugs forum nub"

quote:

or you could just look at the 10 last post that appear underneath when ur replyin instead of goin through the effort of makin a new tab

01-07-2010 14:08 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

The effort of making a new tab: Middle click.
The effort of scrolling down: I don't know. It sounds like more work XD Anyway, i like the name of the person unless ofcourse i'm just quoting one bit in the middle.

I'm backety back back
01-07-2010 17:49 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » just a little snow?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH