Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Points Of Honour » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Points Of Honour 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.004 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

Points Of Honour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think we should be able to get poh in ambushes cos its quite hard to get points of honour if your a low level but high enough to start expeditions. and also if u kill someone in a siege but u die then u lose honour points not gain any

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
03-10-2008 17:14 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Points of honour were always meant to be a clan based reward, if they were introduced for ambushes as well, then the top players would be able to extend their leads even further with very little effort ..... that in itself would cause further imbalance to the game.

03-10-2008 17:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

on the other hand people that cn't attack me
can join siege against me
03-10-2008 18:31 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: -END-

RE: Points Of Honour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

id agree with gendi poh should be kepy in clan seiges.we get poh for the amount of damage we cause less the damage we take i think if im wrong correct me on this.if we die we get no poh.could we have it in a way dat if we die we only get 50% of the poh or 25%.dat would help lower lvl ppl.
03-10-2008 18:49 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i think what we should do is have it so if you die you just get poh for people youve killed, which i think would help people alot. i also think that you should be able to get clan poh, e.g you can put forard poh for the whole clan to use. i have qa large amount of poh an i dont really need it
03-10-2008 18:57 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: L.O.D

i think the Poh conditions should be as it is at the moment "hot to get it"

L.O.D
03-10-2008 21:36 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I think something needs to be done about getting PoH but I'm unable to offer any suggestions at this time. Seems like you only get PoH from arranged sieges with allies now. It's been said for a while they aren't really honour points, they are Friendship points. How many clans simply don't join a siege if they don't think they can win? I can see how it's an effective strategy for the defending side but when everyone is doing it... well let's just say this game get more boring every day.

03-10-2008 21:39 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
GodLike

every siege that im defending or attacking in i allways join it even if the odds are well againsed me im allways in im allways willing to help my clan nowone should back down from nothing i think thats what this game is mainly about is to fight for the lord of darkness lol and i must admit it does get boring when players dont join and there trying to level it all out for PoH

L.O.D
03-10-2008 21:53 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

There is nothing wrong with PoH or how to get them. Attack a clan and see whether they join or not. If they don't then try to get one of their squares and they will be 'forced' to defend. The only thing you have to do is carefully organize the siege - who and when will join.
expeditions are an exclusive feature of the game and therefore should not be easy to access.
Gaining PoH from attacks will only make sure that everyone will go on one expo per day.
Clan PoH? No thanks. We could harvest everyone in clan who doesn't have enough to start an expo and all those people will not be rewarded in any way for gaining those PoH.

03-10-2008 22:16 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
GodLike

im with you there diablo

L.O.D
03-10-2008 22:41 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

As a responce to the first post,

Just because you reach level 20 doesn't mean you're the required level for expeditions.

If you REALLY want PoH, join a lower level clan. The dynamics for the top clans are VERY different then in the top 20-30.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-10-2008 23:01 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
GodLike

yea i agree with you as well thats the best way to gain PoH i was there once :d lol

L.O.D
03-10-2008 23:05 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Yeah ok, I agree with what Diablo has said. He's right that the points shouldn't be too easy to come by. Too easy would be just as boring,

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 03-11-2008 18:47.

03-10-2008 23:22 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007

The problem in the more powerful clans is that the most powerful players will reap all the PoH in a siege. The lower ranks end up with nothing. I've seen the 200+ points players go up 10+ points in a week while (with the chance of successful ambush) the lower ranks struggle to make a few points. Again the top ranks will get 2 expos a day whilst the lower ranks have to wait for a space if they are lucky.
03-11-2008 09:12 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Well you have a choice to be a 40 pointer in a clan with 100+ pointer or to be a 40 pointer in a clan which max level is 40 points, there qre pros and cons to be in the top clans as there are some to be in lower clans.
03-11-2008 13:45 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Big clans mean better protection, better squares, and stronger players for a better chance of beating expeditions.

Smaller clans mean more PoH, free spaces in higher zones, and more chance of going on expeditions although you struggle on them more.

They have two very different dynamics. There's no automatic choice. But if you're really suffering for all the good points one of those options offers then you should think about moving clan.

03-11-2008 15:58 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Juntao
The problem in the more powerful clans is that the most powerful players will reap all the PoH in a siege. The lower ranks end up with nothing. I've seen the 200+ points players go up 10+ points in a week while (with the chance of successful ambush) the lower ranks struggle to make a few points. Again the top ranks will get 2 expos a day whilst the lower ranks have to wait for a space if they are lucky.

I wouldn't take it for granted that your zone is safe in a larger clan, even in the top two it very much depends on blood and who will join (people with honour points to lose will often sit out) the siege.
03-11-2008 16:08 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

Jun, Check your PM-Box Wink
03-11-2008 16:28 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by joshk

well thanks guys for all ur help

03-12-2008 16:15 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
GodLike

theheraldofogc i totally agree 100% there are 2 very different dynamics with in being a stronger clan or being a weaker clan

L.O.D
03-12-2008 18:18 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
joshk
Double Ace

still since i posted this thread ive had nothing aprt from one bloodstone andalso i cant get any from auctions cos i need to have a market

06-25-2008 21:52 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Explain me what your post has to do with PoH? This isn't a discussion about stones. If you don't have a good explanation then you'll be given a warning for necroposting and spam.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-25-2008 22:31 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

i think the best idea would be to remove losing PoH for dieing/losing hp and raising the PoH cost of an expo this way even the worst clan that loses every single siege will still be able to go on expos (not that theyd be any good at them)

my clan is currently being farmed by sacred and i hate not joining sieges and just letting a better clan walk over you but being punished for trying to stick up for your clan (by losing PoH) i think is stupid

edit: this would also make everyone want to join every siege making clan wars much more intersting

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by necrol: 07-03-2008 05:57.

07-03-2008 05:44 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by necrol
i think the best idea would be to remove losing PoH for dieing/losing hp and raising the PoH cost of an expo this way even the worst clan that loses every single siege will still be able to go on expos (not that theyd be any good at them)

my clan is currently being farmed by sacred and i hate not joining sieges and just letting a better clan walk over you but being punished for trying to stick up for your clan (by losing PoH) i think is stupid

edit: this would also make everyone want to join every siege making clan wars much more intersting

This could be an answer.

The problem comes from people with super honour...

But how about an honour cap?

In the throne room you can have xxxx/xxxx honour.

Something like 500 point cap, then expand the cap with additional badges.

Harsher caps could work to, so 250 as a start? Try and limit it so you can't have infinite expedtions.

The only arguement against this I can think of is that the best players will always have honour, but how is that different to now?

07-03-2008 23:18 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that it should be possible to lose honour, but only to a ceratin level say 100 PoH, that way at least you would have PoH after a siege

Your imperfection.
07-04-2008 01:27 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

I think that its stupid that you lose PoH to how much HP you have so beast master and absorbers would lose more PoH because they have higher health to start with.
(i think im right its just what ive observed)

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
07-04-2008 10:42 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that ut's fine, because the damage you do gives you MORE PoH than the loss from damage you take. It's a twin edged sword, the damage absorbers and beastmasters are able to recieve is more, so they are more likely to survive (Being an Absorber I am just unlucky) and gain some PoH, whereas if they die they lose a higher amount, simple. It works in reverse for cultist and thoughtcatcher, so you see it is rather balanced

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 00:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007

Re: .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
I think that ut's fine, because the damage you do gives you MORE PoH than the loss from damage you take.

that is wrong, PoH is calculated like this (i think):

PoH=damage:2-damage taken

so lets set an example:

you do 100 damage
and take 100 damage
then it would be like this

100:2-100=-50
07-06-2008 06:42 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Yeh you are right. My mistake, it's just unless I lose all my health I tend to take some honour in a siege.

Thing is that gaining PoH is limited by how much health is in the other clan... thats loads!

Losing PoH is limited only to your own health, so you can always gain more than you can ever lose (As a principle, not an accurate fact)

Edit: Remember this too "For each killed opponent 100 honour points are awarded."

That makes up for it

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 07-06-2008 11:05.

07-06-2008 11:04 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by joshk
still since i posted this thread ive had nothing aprt from one bloodstone andalso i cant get any from auctions cos i need to have a market

Sorry i posted this in the wrong place.

anyway getting back to subject.

but i always die when we do a PoH siege or if i dont die i am low on health so i just lose PoH and when ever i do get PoH its never a signifacant amount

08-28-2008 18:51 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Yeah but in a recent siege I did 1400 damage/ 4 kills but I died so I should would of had about 800, but dying gets rid of it all which is annoying.

Devs are working on 'Fights between players for PoH' which was part of the Patch 1,1 upgrade I believe but we're not gonna get that anytime soon, as for lower levels, ask a higher level how to improve and make sure you're in a lower leveled clan, there's no point being in for example BoS if you're gonna be sieging .DB. for PoH if you can't kill anybody because the higher up the rankings you get the more protected but less prone to get PoH at lower levels.

@Heraldofogc Not just top players will always have PoH but if somebody out of their league in a lower clan performs well repeatedly they'll have PoH to show but if there's a cap then what's the point of even trying, you do 2k+ damage and get a lot of kills for 500 PoH.

@Necrol Making expos more expensive then those who can just afford to do an expo won't be able to anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-28-2008 20:35.

08-28-2008 20:32 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Points Of Honour

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH