Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Perception VS Agility » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Perception VS Agility
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Perception VS Agility Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Before i go any further, apologies if this has been covered before in the forums and feel free to close if it has.

My question is, when it comes to hitting, how much is perception worth compared to agility, IE: Gunner VS Melee

In ambush I have 79 Perception but im still missing more attacks than i should be, even when the opponent only has 25 perception and 60 agility.

I know the tutorial explains what each stat does, but not how each is relative to another

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 03-11-2008 14:15.

03-11-2008 14:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

RE: Perception VS Agility Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As far as I know the sum of perception and agility is measured as to who will strike first and for chance to hit. What is the sum of your agility and perception compared to your opponents?
03-11-2008 16:13 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I feel that perception is worth more than agility because it is far much harder to gain. I have the equivalent of 124 perception in an ambush and I still miss 2 or 3 times in a 10 round ambush...

But then again, I sometimes hit 10/10 against an opponent with quite high perception...

03-11-2008 16:23 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It depends on your luck. If you fight with a gun then only the perception is compared. Having high agility doesn't influence gunner enemy's chance to hit.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-11-2008 16:57 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

Thread Starter Thread Started by Artoir.

Cool thanks guys, but what I really want to know is

A gunners chance to hit is based on their perception

Now scillage has 124 perception (nice btw), and he attacks another high level melee fighter with 160 agility.

And a melee fighter's chance to hit is based on their agility

So we have 124 perc VS 160 agi

Lets call the chance to hit a "point"

The melee fighter has 36 more agi than scillage has perc.

So does the melee fighter have 36 more points chance to hit?

03-11-2008 23:22 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Wrong.

Let's say scillage has 60 agility and 124 perc, his enemy 160 agility and 44 perc.

Scillage has (124-44)*3=240 to hit.
His enemy has 160-60*3=300 to hit.

That of course doesn't mean that scillage won't hit very often because chance to hit depends only on the enemy's dodge ability.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-11-2008 23:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

hmm, its not even that, by equivalent I meant including my +75 to hit from tatoos (ie. +25 Agi/Perception). So still using those top figures evan, it would be:

I have (99-44)*3 = 165 to hit/dodge? +75 = 240 to hit/dodge?
They have (160-60(in my dreams))*3=300 to hit/dodge?

So that is the proper way that hit/dodge is worked out? Hmm, doesnt seem that fair to me, because melee can get huge amounts of agi (ie. over 200 in some cases) and gunners can only get really up to 100 without tatoos...

03-12-2008 07:44 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

Cool thanks Evan and Scill Smile

However i must admit this is even worse news Tongue

But I do have 45 agility (have to for Good Hunting Rifle) so hopefully ill stand a chance

03-12-2008 09:29 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist

expo part or perception vs agility Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this is all well and good but in expos is it the same asi did my perception{38} take the min and max perceptions of a white dragon are
the sums came up as between these 38-54=-16x3=-48 or 38-81=-43x3=-129
thing tht confuses me is that in a recent expo i hit the white dragon so the question is wats going on and can sum1 help me?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 03-25-2008 16:52.

03-25-2008 10:38 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Your perception is only 38 and say the white dragons is around 70?

Well you say you "hit", does that mean once?

Difference in perception and agility levels arent definitive, just the algorithms that are used for hitting in combat will be very much set against you, so you will only be hitting once or twice. As the levels equal out, or you become stronger, so the algorithms change in accordance Smile

Its all in the tutorial

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 03-25-2008 23:03.

03-25-2008 23:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

i swear it counts on charisma aswell because i have trouble with hitting people with very high charisma e.g. me 28 charisma Frown no taking the micky lol and they have 65 bering in mind they are thoughtcatchers

L.O.D
03-26-2008 00:48 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks artoir
i guess i need to up my perception then
thanks for tht again
as for charisma thing i dont have ne ideas
sorry if i find nethin ill tell ya
03-26-2008 08:35 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

The only thing Charisma counts for in ambush is the HP added by your Police Station and Garrison

03-26-2008 18:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

Artoir my friend not only gunners got problem with hitting opponent ;]
Awfuly often when i'm fightning shooters they got 70 perception and 40 agility or so.
Me instead i got 131 agility 36 perception +38 hit, 4 attacks per round and what is annoying me most when 3 of them will miss the target.... and all of their attacks will go ritgh into me.

04-11-2008 00:02 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Artoir.
Avenger

Hmm I wish the melee fighters attacking me had that problem Tongue

I have 86 Perception and 46 Agility in ambush and players with 110 Agility and 30 Perception are hitting everytime, although as you said I don't know what their hit bonus is.

04-11-2008 09:35 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

hehe i can check if you want me to ;]
well here are two my favourite fight against shooters in both cases defensive fights since the got more than 80 perception for me it's a waste of attacks going after them Tongue
LoWang 101 perc

NeoRAge 86 perc

In my humble opinion.
Shooter who are grinding their way in ranking will have lots of hard times dealing with mele fighters, the real threat from what i expierience is a AK/Assassin and Gunmans with their one handed guns shooting spams.

Do not judge me i'm talking only from my expierience if someone got different opinion i'm glad to hear it.

04-11-2008 22:11 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Going against melee with Hunting rifle is quite suicide.. Ak-47 or Shotgun is the way to go..
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=34aadeb3f9

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-11-2008 22:40 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Perception VS Agility

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH