Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Ranged Tattoo Idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ranged Tattoo Idea 5 Votes - Average Rating: 4.60
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TheDestroyer

Registration Date: 04-17-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: DARK

Ranged Tattoo Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

now please just friendly comments please this is my first time designing a tattoo though i would like alot of suggestions on how it could be approved and this tattoo is designed to make vengeance on ranged actually useful

The Punisher
Required Weapon: Ranged Weapon of Vengeance

For Tattoo requirements:
level1: armor Max 0, helmet max 0, pants max 0
level2: armor Max 0, helmet max 0, pants max 0
level3: armor Max 0, helmet max 0, pants max 0
level4: armor Max 0, helmet max 0, pants max 0
level5: armor Max 0, helmet max 0, pants max 0

xxx:
Level 1: Chance for critical hit +5%
Level 2: Chance for critical hit +10%
Level 3: Chance for critical hit +20%
Level 4: Chance for critical hit +25%
Level 5: Chance for critical hit +30%

please bear in mind vengeance gives no chance to crit

xxx:
Level 1: Weapon Damage +3
Level 2: Weapons Damage +6
Level 3: Weapons Damage +9
Level 4: Weapons Damage +12
Level 5: Weapons Damage +15

xxx:
Level 1: Toughness +5
Level 2: Toughness +10
Level 3: Toughness +15
Level 4: Toughness +20
Level 5: Toughness +25

xxx:
Level 1:experience +4 % (aura*)
Level 2:experience +6 % (aura*)
Level 3:experience +10 % (aura*)
Level 4:experience +14 % (aura*)
Level 5:experience +20 % (aura*), Opponent does not attack in the first round of combat

personally as a 2h meeler i think this would be balanced and a fair thing to add in Smile

in other news
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=23786427&key=2f623250e8

Big Grin Big Grin best damage so far

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by TheDestroyer: 01-14-2010 01:09.

01-13-2010 15:51 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Balanced? The only ranged tattoo that can use solar set, tigers of precognition, elvish shorts of shepherd and so on? lol
Also, there were many similar suggestion...

EDIT: Imagine solar set, shuriken of reaction, tigers bandanna of precognition, elvish shorts of shepherd and elvish cape of speed with this tattoo... Do you still think it is balanced?

EDIT2: to make a tattoo usable with just one ranged suffix is not a good idea...

01-13-2010 16:02 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm... build it more like the berserker. I think that would be better, because, I assume, the reason the berserker has much lower abilities, is because they can use all the best melee related equipment

Definately build it more like a berserker... I have just had a good look at what the vengeance suffix does

And wash away my innocence and fear

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 01-13-2010 16:54.

01-13-2010 16:50 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

well im with diablo on this, all the extra gear you could use would far outstripe any other tatoo, so you may be getting that extra perc etc from the armour, however...
wouldn't you want a + to hit due to vengeance killing perc?

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

01-13-2010 20:03 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Noumenon

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
well im with diablo on this, all the extra gear you could use would far outstripe any other tatoo, so you may be getting that extra perc etc from the armour, however...

From what I understand a +3 to hit is equivalent to +1 percep or agility... whatever is used for hitting scores

Good Bow of Vengeance CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 79 - 83
Effects: attacks per round: 2, PERCEPTION -23, Chance to hit +72, weapon damage +40, items defence = 0
Requirements: LEVEL: 49, STRENGTH: 48, AGILITY: 49, PERCEPTION: 26, INTELLIGENCE: 23, KNOWLEDGE: 25
Selling price: 28 600 Lgo
Value: Nanites 186, Mana 731

72/3 = 24

So the net bonus is actually +1 percep (Just using the word) so it counterbalances.

From where I am sitting it's a really bloody overpowered tattoo idea. So surely, as I agree with Diablo, who wouldn't, that if it was built like a berzerker it would balance out far better? With smaller bonuses... and making the defence requirement a maximum as opposed to minimum?

01-13-2010 22:24 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

Thread Starter Thread Started by TheDestroyer

quote:
Originally posted by Noumenon
quote:

From what I understand a +3 to hit is equivalent to +1 percep or agility... whatever is used for hitting scores

Good Bow of Vengeance CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 79 - 83
Effects: attacks per round: 2, PERCEPTION -23, Chance to hit +72, weapon damage +40, items defence = 0
Requirements: LEVEL: 49, STRENGTH: 48, AGILITY: 49, PERCEPTION: 26, INTELLIGENCE: 23, KNOWLEDGE: 25
Selling price: 28 600 Lgo
Value: Nanites 186, Mana 731

72/3 = 24

So the net bonus is actually +1 percep (Just using the word) so it counterbalances.

From where I am sitting it's a really bloody overpowered tattoo idea. So surely, as I agree with Diablo, who wouldn't, that if it was built like a berzerker it would balance out far better? With smaller bonuses... and making the defence requirement a maximum as opposed to minimum?

your taking a bow for example that thing has about +30 to hit basicly it really works out at about -10 perc and also OMG i've just seen the major flaw i thought i did something else it should be MAX DEFENCE=0 not min Tongue

in other news

01-13-2010 23:01 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Bow (+3) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 28 - 32
Effects: attacks per round: 2
Requirements: LEVEL: 11, STRENGTH: 14, AGILITY: 15, PERCEPTION: 13, INTELLIGENCE: 14, KNOWLEDGE: 12
Selling price: 1 650 Lgo
Value: Nanites 33, Mana 65

It has no + hit for a standard bow TheDestroyer... only shortbow does.

01-13-2010 23:07 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

oh i swear that to hit has gone up then Tongue anyway it should still be like that because of the - perc you'll yet be even easier to hit and with 0 defence(ok about 40 with some normal toughness)you don't want that at all

one thing have you ever tryed using vengeance before? it seriously does need a tattoo

in other news

01-13-2010 23:54 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
Noumenon

i'm new to the game, but vengeance is really powerful by the looks of it.. with a throwing knife or corssbow of some sort it looks very very powerful.

Imagine critcalling, at 3x damage, with 10/11 attacks all the time...

It's be just too powerful... especially with the damage boost the tattoo would give.

It needs rethinking I believe. And I think the best course would be to weaken the bonuses, toughness is fair enough I suppose. But looking at it now, it's easily abusable

01-14-2010 00:15 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

here was my idea

new ranged tatoo?

your example is massively overpowered but nice try

01-14-2010 00:52 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

quote:
i'm new to the game, but vengeance is really powerful by the looks of it.. with a throwing knife or corssbow of some sort it looks very very powerful.

It's be just too powerful... especially with the damage boost the tattoo would give.

It needs rethinking I believe. And I think the best course would be to weaken the bonuses, toughness is fair enough I suppose. But looking at it now, it's easily abusable

i think you need more experience in the game before you start saying that as it stands no one i mean NO ONE uses vengeance because to be honest it absolutely sucks reaction is a much better suffix which most rangers use and also we will have trouble hitting with vengeance and don't think that extra damage bonus it gives is good because of my tatts my of reaction weapon still has more damage per hit...and also its not good because of the fact it doesn't give chance to crit reaction gives a fair amount at like 30 odd percent but vengeance doesn't and also vengeance loses perc yet reaction gains that and agi

in other news

01-14-2010 00:53 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
here was my idea

new ranged tatoo?

your example is massively overpowered but nice try

ok maybe it would be Tongue what about this

xxx:
Level 1: Weapon Damage +3
Level 2: Weapons Damage +6
Level 3: Weapons Damage +9
Level 4: Weapons Damage +12
Level 5: Weapons Damage +15
----------------------------------------------
Replaced with

xxx:
Level 1: Chance to hit +6
Level 2: Chance to hit +12
Level 3: Chance to hit +18
Level 4: Chance to hit +24
Level 5: Chance to hit +30

that would make it acceptable maybe? 15 less damage per hit but some more chance to hit to make up for it(+to hit is that right amount or could i get higher or lower?)

in other news

01-14-2010 01:00 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
Noumenon

quote:
Originally posted by TheDestroyer
quote:

i think you need more experience in the game before you start saying that as it stands no one i mean NO ONE uses vengeance because to be honest it absolutely sucks reaction is a much better suffix which most rangers use and also we will have trouble hitting with vengeance and don't think that extra damage bonus it gives is good because of my tatts my of reaction weapon still has more damage per hit...and also its not good because of the fact it doesn't give chance to crit reaction gives a fair amount at like 30 odd percent but vengeance doesn't and also vengeance loses perc yet reaction gains that and agi

That is always the arguement isn't it. Lack of experience. I've watched the system and forums with a friend for a lot longer than i've played. I only recently decided to join since I have time on my hands.

What I am saying is that critical, plus elvish cape/tiger set and solar set... it's too powerful. Vengeance adds a lot of damage per hit, and the cumulative effect with high damage and critical sets would be too much. Look at it if you were to use a heavy crossbow.

But then, popeye's tattoo looks much better and much more balanced

01-14-2010 01:00 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Awful idea stick with what we have now...
And nobody used reaction before they weakened vengeance so you might as well either:

1) Buy Reaction and stop moaning duuhhh
2) Wait till they decide reaction is too good and switch it back again Tongue
3) Change to 2hmelee cos its awesome Big Grin

Your Welcome Pleased

01-14-2010 01:01 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Ranged Tattoo Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Better but still, re-read Diablo's post

The alternative to using Veng weps with this tat bit

This would = Good if Veng only

Bad if any range wep

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-14-2010 01:03 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo
Awful idea stick with what we have now...
And nobody used reaction before they weakened vengeance so you might as well either:

1) Buy Reaction and stop moaning duuhhh
2) Wait till they decide reaction is too good and switch it back again Tongue
3) Change to 2hmelee cos its awesome Big Grin

Your Welcome Pleased

that's spam Tongue i'm just trying to design a tattoo good for vengeance Smile so those are out of the question and btw this isn't a moan on how bad vengeance is just i want a tattoo that can actually use it Tongue
----------------------------------------------
to Noumenon

Requirements: LEVEL: 72, STRENGTH: 86, AGILITY: 90, PERCEPTION: 55, INTELLIGENCE: 47, KNOWLEDGE: 54

that's the requirments for a good heavy crossbow of vengeance at that level you could so easily have much more and you would get raped if you tryed using that you wouldn't be able to hit very well and that is a stupid strength requirment

in other news

01-14-2010 01:08 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

RE: Ranged Tattoo Idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
Better but still, re-read Diablo's post

The alternative to using Veng weps with this tat bit

This would = Good if Veng only

Bad if any range wep

yea i agree with that should be a vengeance only tattoo

in other news

01-14-2010 01:08 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:

to Noumenon

Requirements: LEVEL: 72, STRENGTH: 86, AGILITY: 90, PERCEPTION: 55, INTELLIGENCE: 47, KNOWLEDGE: 54

that's the requirments for a good heavy crossbow of vengeance at that level you could so easily have much more and you would get raped if you tryed using that you wouldn't be able to hit very well and that is a stupid strength requirment

your point is invalid destroyer, by that level people have already gained a wee bit of easiness and if your lucky you can get a leg one.
but to say nobody uses one?
i know of a range god who uses one on occaisons Smile
and i also dont support a tatoo that specialises for one pre/suf, collecting good eq that works is bad enough as it is

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

01-14-2010 07:48 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
TheDestroyer

quote:
quote:

to Noumenon

your point is invalid destroyer, by that level people have already gained a wee bit of easiness and if your lucky you can get a leg one.
but to say nobody uses one?
i know of a range god who uses one on occaisons Smile
and i also dont support a tatoo that specialises for one pre/suf, collecting good eq that works is bad enough as it is

you get a leg one of those and how you going to crit your bonus from it being a crossbow has now gone down the drain and more Tongue

in other news

01-14-2010 12:29 TheDestroyer is offline Search for Posts by TheDestroyer Add TheDestroyer to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Still, the main issues were not answered. The tattoo you suggested is just an overpowered Hunter with the ability to wear solar set while using a ranged weapon of reaction. Argumenting with the difference between legendary and normal items is pointless, tattoos should cover both.
If you go for ''of vengeance only'' then you create a precedent and people will start asking for tattoos for each weapon/prefix/suffix which obviously isn't of any good.
Vengeance suffix is useful, for people without tattoos in sieges. As a matter of fact it was the best weapon to use in a siege, which was the reason for its change.

01-14-2010 12:48 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

I know this post is a little over a month old, but i've just come back from my "time out" and have only just seen it.

I think the idea isn't a bad one, but would need some tweaking.

Both melee and guns have a tattoo that takes no notice of your defence (you just cant go above a certain defence level with some tats, and others need 0 defence ) all of which can use the solar set, and i'm pretty sure every ranged users i've ever seen in films or read about in books has used minimal armour for the purpose of being agile and being able to move quickly.

The only path with no option of using the solar set is ranged (apart from BK's, but they do have the option of going 2 handed zerker)

A 0 defence tattoo for ranged wouldn't just mean it worked for vengeance weapons, it would mean it would enable us to use the solar set and get the benefits from that.

diablo made the point at the beginnig of this post that the following would be way over powered :

Imagine solar set, shuriken of reaction, tigers bandanna of precognition, elvish shorts of shepherd and elvish cape of speed with this tattoo... Do you still think it is balanced?

Now switch out the shuriken of reaction and replace it with a Legendary Mp5k or a scorpio, you would have more attacks and just as much damage as a Legendary shuriken of reaction, but i noticed nobody said anything about that ??

As i said, the proposed tat was a bit hopefull, but is there any chance the devs could look at creating something that enables us rangers to use the solar set?

EDIT: Just seens pops idea for a 0 defence ranged tat on another thread, any ideas if that got looked at by the devs or not. Seemed like a good idea to me.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nayrlien: 03-10-2010 22:50.

03-10-2010 19:12 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Lol not a bad one , compare it to a berserker one lawl

almost same things , usually a vengeance weapon , okay now we have legendary what gives critical but still , having +5% critical aint that much + 10% exp +16 dmg +5% HP and only good thing is +1 attack with 2h melee what aint so that good compare all the +toughness + critical +exp bonuses

Atleast thats my opinion

Thanks
Bat

03-10-2010 22:21 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Ranged Tattoo Idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH