Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Quitting » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Quitting
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tamris

Registration Date: 02-07-2009

Quitting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This thread is so that people won't get slapped with a warning for not following Account Trading forum rules to the letter by posting for no other reason than they want to, or just posting 'O! Hai! I want teh account!!11!' (you can do it, it just won't make me want to give it to you).

My free time is much more limited now, and the further up the top 100 I go, the more stale the game feels. Therefore, I'm leaving, and giving people the chance to help Tamris carry on her reign of terror since I've put so much effort into making her what she is.

In the (hopefully unlikely) event that nobody who can make me want to give them the account steps up, I'll happily delete the character instead. No hints on how to get the account, figure out for yourself how to stand out. Guess I'll figure out what to do with the account in about a week's time.

To see stats for Tamris, go here:
Giving away Tamris lvl 74 Sniper

As a side note, thanks to the folks who've stood out over the time as people who make the game worth playing! It'd be rude of me to not give certain people a mention after all the time I've been here!

Marko6, dreamdusk and Sissi - I've known them for the majority of my time in the game, and could write a short story singing their praises.
PATH - I defy anyone who's ever come across him to not give him a mention Wink
Lysandra, sparxs and Daniel86 - The heart and soul of DARK; there's a few other members worth a mention, but these three are a cut above the rest.
Bowmore and darc - Because good rivals are hard to find, especially ones that come back and keep trying even when the tables have turned.
The ignorant, petty people you meet or hear about on here creating drama because they think they're that good - you put in perspective how fortunate I was meeting the people listed above.

There's some other folks that deserve a mention, probably a couple I've forgotten to mention, and some who likely think they deserve a mention, but this is a few special mentions, not my life story.

So yeah, try to get the account, harass me for not mentioning you, let me know that my plans to quit have made your day, ignore this and carry on with whatever you were doing - whatever suits you Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tamris: 01-17-2010 13:30.

01-17-2010 13:28 Tamris is offline Search for Posts by Tamris Add Tamris to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So whos going on hydras and goldens with me now?
Why are you only thinking about your own good being?

Bat.

01-17-2010 14:00 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

have a good time in all things non-bloodwars! Smile

Used to ambush you abit on my old account, but this was ages ago i cant remember the outcome.

Have a good 1 mate Smile

01-17-2010 14:06 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Tamris

Registration Date: 02-07-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tamris

@ bat: Hahah, probably weren't too far from 2-manning that stuff Wink Staying to aim for a Basilisk kill was tempting, but I'd probably have been here for yet another few months if I had.

@ OTNC: Thanks Smile Been absolutely ages, but I remember that - was back when I was just starting as the R.B deputy, I think...
01-17-2010 14:14 Tamris is offline Search for Posts by Tamris Add Tamris to your Buddy List
BRIAN

Registration Date: 10-22-2009

please Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey ive been playing for ages and basically overpaid for gear in auctions and set up my character way wrong but i know now what id like and your character is pretty close to it lol so if youd be willing id like to take it off your hands! if not thats fine too Smile
01-17-2010 14:24 BRIAN is offline Search for Posts by BRIAN Add BRIAN to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

brian sayin u messed up and pay for things too high aint goin to get him to give u his account ?
tbh i dont think a lot of ppl even heard of u
whats your game name?...

and tamris tamris what we goin to do with you!
its such a shame your goin a real shame...
i aint goin to give up to try and get u to stay tho!...
dark is your second home away from life Wink ...
but i gotta say its been good to know you and have u in dark Smile ...
shame u werent with us from a longer time really..
its been good to know u and to talk to on bloodwars..
and to listen to all your plans for the future with the account Tongue
the person who gets it ganna be very lucky to have a top class account
well good luck in Rl Tongue
you will be missed in dark and im sure alot of players outside dark will be sad to see u go!

if u ever come back to the game there wil always be a space in dark for you Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sparxs: 01-17-2010 14:57.

01-17-2010 14:55 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Hey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well im a BK so going to 2h guns would be a challenge but id have the support of some very good players/friends so its not a scary one or one i dont think i could succeed at. Im not going to lie to you i would sell the Hunting rifle and replace it with a sniper rifle, legendary of course and when the extra stones difference is found lol. I dont like things easy, i prefer a challenge and this seems like a challenge i dont want to miss out on having a go at Tongue

P.S if you did choose me would you be able to find a home for that z3 the account is sitting in as im in the process of building one up and would like to carry that one on

P.S.S Best of luck with whatever it is keeping you to busy to play BW, dont think i could ever be that busy with my current job lol

EDIT: I should stand out because i took the time to type in full English instead of "I wnt teh acount!!11!" Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 01-17-2010 15:59.

01-17-2010 15:24 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

Frown ...

Dammit, another top player bites the dust. I worked really hard in R.B. to stay ahead of you, until you overtook me and then ended up with twice as many points (I should never have got that job when I did - couldn't compete with your all-night sessions). And having just had a sneaky peak at your stats thread, seems I couldn't compete with your merging either...

But do I want your account?

Well...

...no.

I've spent so long now dragging dreamdusk up from the very bottom to the averagely middle, I couldn't see myself jumping into a ready-made character with all the hard work done, but don't let that put anyone else off now...;o)

Thanks for all the advice, the expos (especially the later ones which you won on your own - free points with my pipe and slippers), and the late-night convo's, they've all been invaluable. Have a good time with RL, and anything else that you get involved with, and if you feel the need to take on BW again from the beginning (if you ever get that bored or you're put on involuntary gardening leave), give us a shout.

All the best,

d.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dreamdusk: 01-17-2010 15:53.

01-17-2010 15:38 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
Demandred2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: dark

RE: please Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BRIAN
hey ive been playing for ages and basically overpaid for gear in auctions and set up my character way wrong

This shows that your not up to the job of taking over this account.

Tamris: don't leave take a long break then come back on when you get bored works for some people

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred2: 01-17-2010 16:49.

01-17-2010 16:49 Demandred2 is offline Search for Posts by Demandred2 Add Demandred2 to your Buddy List Add Demandred2 to your Contact List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008
Clan: BK

I recently quit my account and it was around the same lvl, I was looking to swap with someone with an accoiunt like this but noone was available, could you please consider me as a possible person to take over this account, I have nearly 2 years of experience of this game,

01-17-2010 17:35 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
shadow-hunter555

Registration Date: 01-14-2010
Clan: .DB.

i needed a higher account please could i have it
01-17-2010 18:05 shadow-hunter555 is offline Search for Posts by shadow-hunter555 Add shadow-hunter555 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

You all ready know my thoughts on this Tamris and as Demandred2 suggested, take an extended vacation (like Lestat is doing) and decide in a bit whether to come back or not. Longer than a week, mind you...lol. You know I'd keep your character in DARK for as long as it took for you to become less busy. Just say the word. Wink

It would really suck though that if in a few weeks, you were suddenly freed up and wanted to play again but had to start from the bottom up.

You're one of our core people, not just for expos but for sieges and for giving advice where needed. I know both Kraftie and marko have been talking to you about set-ups and I also know there are countless others. It will be a very sad day indeed to see you go. it's bad enough we all ready lost Raxis (to some people's joy), now we're losing you? That's too much in a month...lol.

@ everyone asking for the account: Tamris will choose who (if anyone) gets it. I doubt any amount of pestering here in this thread will help (actually she said so herself in the first paragraph). If you screwed up your own account or are way under the level of this account, that's your own problem.

Either work to fix it, or work to get that high-leveled. Swapping to a pre-made high level account just shows how unmotivated you are to do the work yourself. I'm not saying this just because it's one of my members, I'm saying it because if you don't have the experience behind the level, you'll just end up screwing up the account. The only one's who would have a viable reason to take it over would be DeathMagick and sparxs since they BOTH have the experience in game needed for an account like this.

@ bat: You're forgetting someone aren't you? -_-' lol.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-17-2010 19:07 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Arrow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sad to see another bloodwars player leaving and a fellow sniper Tongue

i agree with the rest but if you choose not to take a break i will take your account if you allow me to i left you a note on your other thread even though we have never interacted on the game i would like to say

BYE

and good luck in real life Smile

01-17-2010 19:15 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

tamris, i, not going to sugar coat this at all, i never spoke to you in game nor do i think we ever attacked one and other

however

i have huge respect for the clan youve been a part of and therefore all the members of it

sad to see a top guy go it really is, hope you find time to come back to the game at some point, even if its not as a non premium player Smile

best of luck mate

IGN: acidic shots
01-17-2010 19:33 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Souleater393

Registration Date: 06-10-2008
Clan: HLL

Well..Tamris...You already know what I think of this...Account thing...as i've been talking to you a while about it...and I shouldve picked up on it before when you party told me but I didn't pay attention so here we are...

Personally...Take a vacation like you have been doing and to your dismay of growing to higher ranks, when you actually GET higher it gets harder to even gain one rank in a while as you've seen. Once you get a break for a while you'll want to come back and if you do give it some, then what? Start again which would demotivate you so much..

To the people that want it, actually say why you want it and not just "i broke my account gimme yours" for Tamris might actually pay attention to what you are saying, so good luck...Sparxs and DM have played characters of that level..Sparxs especially was a sniper so he knows a bit more but thats no reason why anyone else couldn't get it.

But good luck in the real world Tamris...may we meet again on the bloodwars forum XD Big Grin Tongue

01-17-2010 19:34 Souleater393 is offline Search for Posts by Souleater393 Add Souleater393 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Souleater393
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Wow, what a mess...

If you want to give away your account then use the proper board section. Notice the Mishmash section description.
quote:
Everything connected with BloodWars, that does not fit anywhere else, may be posted here.

Especially the underlined part. Since you're saying you want to give away your account then that's one reason to warn you.

Saying goodbye to people isn't connected with the game. Therefore it suits the offtopic section instead of mishmash. That's another reason to warn you.

You can't just combine two topics into one thread and throw it wherever you like. It causes confusion, and where's confusion there's room for rule violations.

quote:
Originally posted by Tamris
This thread is so that people won't get slapped with a warning for not following Account Trading forum rules to the letter by posting for no other reason than they want to, or just posting 'O! Hai! I want teh account!!11!' (you can do it, it just won't make me want to give it to you).

You need to know the rules before you start avoiding getting warned for violating them.

Enjoy your warning. Thread closed.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-17-2010 20:08 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Quitting

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH