Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.0.1.0 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.0.1.0 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Patch 1.0.1.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The following patch is currently under tests and will be implemented (possibly with small changes) in the upcoming weeks:

Changes:

- lowered the requirements of the Wolf suffix
- Added penalty to Perception of the Vengance suffix and added hit bonus to it
- requirements of some ranged weapons have been lowered
- base +hit modifier will be changed for all ranged weapons (for some it'll be ddecreased and for some increased)

Best regards,
SushiMaker
BWTeam

03-14-2008 09:27 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any news as to when it shouldbe applied? , because it is really important for tatoo choice (whether or not to go for range weapon related tatoo)
04-02-2008 15:18 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The patch is going live on 8 April

The patch will equal in power ranged weapons and guns. Furthermore guns and ranged weapons will gain better bonuses when patch 1.1 goes live and also they'll be easier to find (as there are no preffixes/affixes).

04-07-2008 12:16 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by SzeszejFurthermore guns and ranged weapons will gain better bonuses when patch 1.1 goes live and also they'll be easier to find (as there are no preffixes/affixes).
Whoa, looking forward to it!

04-07-2008 12:32 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Yippeeee! Benefits all round for us collectors. Big Grin Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-07-2008 13:08 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

brilliant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

now this im pretty happy about
ne ideas how much easier?
04-07-2008 13:32 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

RE: UNDER TESTS Patch 1.0.1.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

- Added penalty to Perception of the Vengance suffix and added hit bonus to it

Best regards,
SushiMaker
BWTeam

Is this for ranged only, or will my Mystic Knuckle Duster be worth more then for just waving at people after activating the tattoos?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-07-2008 13:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

For ranged only

04-07-2008 13:41 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

For a brief second there, Vengence was almost more then just a stand in for Suicide...

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-07-2008 13:45 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

Guns at the ready!!

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
04-07-2008 13:52 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
Aidensixx
Lord

Szeszej may have brought more mischeif on himself Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

originally by Szeszej from thread of same name
Following things will never be added to BloodWars:

- Basic chances for dropping items or prefixes/suffixes.

originally by Szeszej
Furthermore guns and ranged weapons will gain better bonuses when patch 1.1 goes live and also they'll be easier to find (as there are no preffixes/affixes).

this is if i read it right
can i get clarification please
04-07-2008 17:47 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Will that apply to legendary guns as well?

04-07-2008 22:06 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Aidensixx - maybe I was a bit ambigious but what I've meant is that you'll be able to find a useful weapon more easily as guns are not affixed = every gun has the same stats.

04-08-2008 00:03 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

ok then Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thts alrite
im happy with wat it means
ty for clearing tht up for me
04-08-2008 14:03 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Patch is now live Smile

04-08-2008 20:03 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Whoa, cheers BW team... big thanks for the Vengeance.. you have successfully changed the to hit bonus from +18 to -17. Nice, now it can stand even better chance against melee weapons.
Raise black flag as the last nail were put in ranged weaponry coffin. 1 minute of silence please.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-08-2008 20:40 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

-21 perception on Shuriken of Vengeance +5??? I've never been a ranged weapon user, but that is just crazy. I mean come on!! What other weapon gets that kind of penalty? You should be encouraging ranged weapon use. Grow up!!

04-08-2008 20:45 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

goodbye to ranged weaponry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i agree with mortis
they have basically got rid of ne thing decent bout the ranged weapons
absolutely brilliant tht
04-08-2008 20:46 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

i myself am not a range but know many freinds that are and i know this will be an ongoing battle to try and change this new patch but as evil-eion rightly said

[quote]Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
-21 perception on Shuriken of Vengeance +5??? quote]

-21 perception is pushing the boundary a bit maybe a max of -10 perc but not 21 that is going into the extreme

i get the feeling they done this to get people to pay and change tatto's cause they is a fare few rangers out their that will probably want to change after this

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-08-2008 20:56 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Wha... when... how?

Szeszej - why? I thought the patch was gonna be good for ranged weapons... Crying

How is that gonna help me beat up a dragon, or any other beastie, or vampire with knives that kind of minus to my perception?

Throwing knife of Vengeance (+5) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 61 - 65
Effects: attacks per round: 5, PERCEPTION -21, Hit +64, weapon damage +39, items defence = 0
Requirements: LEVEL: 38, STRENGTH: 38, AGILITY: 39, PERCEPTION: 18, INTELLIGENCE: 19, KNOWLEDGE: 20

Don't get me wrong - I like the hit bonus... and I'd be happy with some perception penalty; but -21!!! Shocked

What other weapon has that kind of negative at +5 please?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 04-08-2008 21:05.

04-08-2008 20:59 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

exaclty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

every one point of perception equals 3 points to hit
at -20 perception for example thats losing 60 points to hit
i also have a friend who uses range or did use range
if theyve stopped then they bailed at the right time
this sort of thing is as usual unbeneficial to the smaller players as they quite often end up using range
04-08-2008 21:02 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thanks Aiden, that's depressed me even more. Frown

I'm a Collector - so, if I want my tattoo bonus, then ranged is 50% of the way I play. Although, if I put my imaginary Dev hat on, I have to add; of course there are many other ranged weapons I could use, which have all benefitted from this patch. Unfortunately, the one set of weapons that have... (oops sorry) HAD the best damage quality, have now been severely hindered.

Szeszej, I'm afraid you have forced me to start the Vampire Fightclub in ernest, if I can't beat people up with my favourite knives, then I'll have to try with my fists! Evil Big Grin

And can I get an answer to my previous post when you read this please - thanks.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-08-2008 21:15 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

im sorry its depressed you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its kinda annoyed me
i was happy with update as they are amazing without it(not as much as my imaginary ultra beastmaster but thts another matter) but as you sed -21 perception means in the end you on +1 to hit off the item not quite the penalty i was hoping for
as for the fight club im probs nower near able to fight you and haev a chance but i think itd be a laugh
04-08-2008 21:20 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Vengance is not the only suffix in the game, please try the ones whose requirements has been lowered or those with additional stats Smile

04-08-2008 21:26 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Great, so you are actually saying forget about the Vengeance as we have finally find a way how to stop players from using it.. Kiss bye bye Vengeance right?
I suggest you and Sushi and Konrad try it yourself and then tell me what would you use. Whether the prepatched Vengeance or patched other suffixes.
..and frankly I am not interested in any other suffixes..

04-08-2008 21:31 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Aidensixx
Lord

ok then lets look at sum others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

long range shruiken im pretty sure it used to have a to hit bonus
EDIT
shruken no suffix now has a negative to hit add on
when i find other ill post em

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-08-2008 21:40.

04-08-2008 21:36 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Race in game: Cursed One

Somewhere I was read about ranged weapon on expedition. Somebody say that it should be good to kill any mob now. Can u show me any good ranged weapon for it? I know that I can kill Golem with heavy crossbow of vengeance, but one mob only? Only 1 weapon to kill only 1 mob? How many combinations of weapon can have user of melee weapon and how many mobs can they kill? 20? 30? or more combinations? and most of mobs they can kill... Yes, u have right, we can kill ANY mob with ANY weapon... But for u ANY=1

04-08-2008 21:40 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Great, so you are actually saying forget about the Vengeance as we have finally find a way how to stop players from using it.. Kiss bye bye Vengeance right?
I suggest you and Sushi and Konrad try it yourself and then tell me what would you use. Whether the prepatched Vengeance or patched other suffixes.
..and frankly I am not interested in any other suffixes..

Not forget, it's hitting capabilities weren't affected much as the hit bonus more or less equals hit bonus.

04-08-2008 21:42 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Not forget, it's hitting capabilities weren't affected much as the hit bonus more or less equals hit bonus.

Szeszej, have you ever fought with ranged against melee? It's hitting capabilities was bad before, but now its even worse..

04-08-2008 21:45 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Aidensixx
Lord

more or less Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-21 perception = -63 to hit the to hit bonus at +46 means ur on negative 13 to hit
then uve got to muster together sum perception and agility to bring tht to a positive number and then fight ppl tht are using melee agil only dont need to worry about this and gunners perception only again dont need to worry
both those players wil own rangers now
and Szeszej ive looked at sum others unless u meant specific ones the ones i found didnt tempt me back to the thought of range
04-08-2008 21:48 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

As I've said the hit bonus compensates fully for the perception loss (the bonus is even a bit higher). It's only that some weapons have hit penalty on their own.

04-08-2008 21:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

i know tht Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i sed tht a couple of posts ago
a shruiken for example without a suffix never used to have a to hit penalty
why does it have one now
it was a half decent weapon on its own
now its appalling unless u have enough boosting gear
04-08-2008 21:52 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Sigh, Szeszej, Szeszej.. we all know that only usable ranged weapon is shuriken.. others are crap and not worth using.. so actually the hit bonus on Shuriken of Vengeance is worse than before..
and now you can tell the Dev team they have made here a lot of unhappy players.. unhappy and pissed off..

04-08-2008 21:54 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

At least Shuriken of Reaction got more usefull...

Before 1.0.1.0:
Shuriken of Reaction (+4)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 28 - 31
Effects: Hit -5, attacks per round: 5, PERCEPTION +11, AGILITY +11, chance for critical hit +23 %, weapon damage +12
Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 30, AGILITY: 34, PERCEPTION: 17, INTELLIGENCE: 41, KNOWLEDGE: 36
Selling price: 24 250 Lgo

After 1.0.1.0:
Shuriken of Reaction (+4)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 28 - 31
Effects: Hit -16, attacks per round: 5, PERCEPTION +11, AGILITY +11, chance for critical hit +23 %, weapon damage +12
Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 30, AGILITY: 34, PERCEPTION: 17, INTELLIGENCE: 24, KNOWLEDGE: 26
Selling price: 24 250 Lgo

Notice what happend to inteligence and knowledge requirements....

04-08-2008 21:55 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

But it's not the only weapon, now we have a more balanced ranged weapons with shuriken not anymore being unargueabley the best.

And yes, please try other suffixes, reaction is not the only one that was made more useable.

04-08-2008 21:56 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

let me guess Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it worked in poland right
hes right tho all the devs have done here is annoy alot of ppl
another id like to mention
vengence = no defence
-perception makes it easier to get attacked
those 2 together dont work well in my opinion
EDIT: oh and dooz u also notice the hit part of tht getting worse

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-08-2008 21:59.

04-08-2008 21:58 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

im sure u said this and i quote

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The patch will equal in power ranged weapons and guns. Furthermore guns and ranged weapons will gain better bonuses when patch 1.1 goes live and also they'll be easier to find (as there are no preffixes/affixes).

range have no chance against gunners now they atleast had some chance be4 with nengence now you have a death wish if any 1 with shuriken of vengence attacks some 1 with even a fn-fal

p.s. looks like shurikens wont be going for a SS anymore lucky to those players who sold the for that

unlucky for the players that bought them looks like you'll have to destroy them now seen as their no use

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-08-2008 22:01 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Only using guns and I've seen only complaints of ranged being defeated by melee.

Expedition ranged weapons - please try out the newly bettered bows and crossbows Smile

04-08-2008 22:01 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

ill try a crossbow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

which one do you recomend me getting
so i can come back here and say if it works for me or not
04-08-2008 22:03 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I'm quite frankly stunned lol

I'm not going to get into the vengeance changes, because I don't know where to start and there's not much that hasn't already been said.

But look at the reaction suffix more closely

Yes the requirements are lower, but the - hit has increased as well!!!

Any doubts in my mind about whether I should have chosen ranged have been well and truly extinguished

This patch is going to do nothing for Dev-Player relations guys.

Biiiiig mess up Evil

04-08-2008 22:06 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.0.1.0

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH