Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.0.1.0 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.0.1.0 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

exactly Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thts wat ive sed but it must have worked in poland otherwise they wouldnt have let it be implemented here
04-08-2008 22:09 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No patch will do anything for this relationship if you deny its positive sides.

04-08-2008 22:10 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

i havent forgot the good parts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

do you remember our discussion earlier saying how much i liked the patch as im a gunner and im now able to find them easier
thing is for me i was thinking bout trying out range at one point but now a shruiken which had loads of attacks now wont hit, vengence now means its easier to get attacked but when attacked you wont be able to hit them and others
04-08-2008 22:13 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i guess we have no choice in the matter really so lets all just move on and try see ways round it szeszej has said tht crossbows can now be used in expo's this atleast is a benefit for some rangers i guess i can kinda see the balance but i still feel -21perc is too much and should be dropped down to around -12/13

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by deathstar: 04-08-2008 22:16.

04-08-2008 22:15 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

And that's what is called balance, shuriken will cease to be the only weapon and vengence the only useful suffix. You want more attacks and damage? OK, but you'll get a perception penalty.

As I've already said please try out the bettered dryad, wolf, reaction suffixes as well as bows and crossbows which should be very useful now in expeditions.

04-08-2008 22:17 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

true Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

he did say with small changes possibly
ill be on look out for a sniper rifle for expos and a crossbow of dryad, wolf or reaction
ill come back and say wether the crossbows has been made better

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-08-2008 22:18.

04-08-2008 22:17 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

ahhh i see what u mean now szeszej u have thinned the use of vengence and shurikens to open a wider variety of range equipment this will make range more open and more balanced and not just having 100's of people using vengence and leaving dryad,wolf and reaction in the dust. this way we'l see people reverting back to bow's and throwing axes and such

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by deathstar: 04-08-2008 22:26.

04-08-2008 22:25 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

quote:
As I've already said please try out the bettered dryad, wolf, reaction suffixes as well as bows and crossbows which should be very useful now in expeditions.

Szeszej; I am far from a negative person - as I think we have previously discovered in conversation - and believe me; I am totally looking forward to using my other ranged weapons; especially if I can use them effectively on expos. And as a point of reference; I have and do use lots of other ranged weapons.

Now, not wanting to repeat myself too many times & get a warning can you please answer my initial question:

What other weapon has that kind of negative at +5 please?

Thanks Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-08-2008 22:36 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Whoopeeee .... Moving the goal posts again.

I restate, how can players get strategies together when you go and keep pulling stunts like this and basically wiping out a whole range of strategies in one go?

04-08-2008 22:53 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

By discovering the new and exciting strategies Gendibal Wink

Cthulhu - please use the shop and well of souls and you'll see how the bonuses/penalites go.

04-08-2008 23:00 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Oh Szeszej, you can't for a minute expect me to accept that as an answer!

If you don't know, then just say so, and I shall ask other people who might be able to offer some help.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-08-2008 23:38 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

It seems that a lot more people are becoming dissatisfied with the vague answers, and a lot more disillusioned with the patches that seem to be designed to try to cripple one set of players or another time after time.

Ah, the new and exciting strategies that render the equipment that some of these players have spent large amounts of stones, time and dedication on buying, upgrading and merging technically useless? What you have done is semi-crippled a good percentage of the rangers ..... and all you can say is 'try out other equipment' as if thats a magic fix to the personal resources ..... and cash in premium payments ..... that these players have expended on getting the right equipment together for that weapon.

And now you've done that, when are you going to be introducing the -20 reputation and charisma penalties to suicide weapons? or the -20 toughness penalty to murderous?

You've targeted ranged vengeance in this patch and called it balanced, yet without imposing the same sort of penalties to certain prefixes/suffixes in melee all you have done in actuality is dragged ranged even further down into the mire.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
No patch will do anything for this relationship if you deny its positive sides.

You're quite right, BUT when the glaring negatives in the patch (as with most of the patches over the last x months) outshine the biggest of the positives, then thats what is noticed, and thats exactly what you're seeing here ..... commentary on the imbalances that are obvious to most people here (apart from, it seems, you)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 04-09-2008 00:16.

04-09-2008 00:11 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

Do my eyes decieve me a weapon with +10 luck

Short bow of Perfection (+4) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 36 - 40
Effects: Hit +32, attacks per round: 2, LUCK +10, weapon damage +12
Requirements: LEVEL: 21, STRENGTH: 30, AGILITY: 36, PERCEPTION: 15, INTELLIGENCE: 18, KNOWLEDGE: 22
Selling price: 5 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 78, Mana 275

so im guessing these weapons have also been tweaked a little bit

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-09-2008 00:20 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

You see correctly but how much it will help you in fight is hard to say..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-09-2008 00:32 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
kralen
Triple Ace

considering i jus lost to you with my melee i wouldnt say very much, good for questing tho Wink

04-09-2008 00:43 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

No wonder, considering you were doing low damage and had only four attacks.. and to make it clear for others I had equiped my Ak-47.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 04-09-2008 00:52.

04-09-2008 00:52 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Szeszej
Administrator

Gendibal please stop overreacting over every patch, if you cannot see what this patch is aiming at please read my posts.

The crippling of vengeance is relative as I've told previously.

I see that you want us to make the game more balanced but when a new patch comes out the only thing you do is to whinge. If you have any construtive criticism, any ways in which we could have balanced ranged weapons in any other way please post them here, but otherwise you're just complaining without justification.

04-09-2008 01:03 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

just looked in auctions where short bow of long range has to hit bonus where as shuriken doesnt

Short bow of Long Range (+3) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 35 - 39
Effects: Hit +30, attacks per round: 2, STRENGTH +9, weapon damage +13
Requirements: LEVEL: 18, STRENGTH: 27, AGILITY: 26, PERCEPTION: 12, INTELLIGENCE: 18, KNOWLEDGE: 16
Selling price: 2 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 57, Mana 179

Shuriken of Long Range (+4) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 30 - 33
Effects: attacks per round: 5, STRENGTH +10, weapon damage +14
Requirements: LEVEL: 31, STRENGTH: 30, AGILITY: 32, PERCEPTION: 17, INTELLIGENCE: 24, KNOWLEDGE: 21
Selling price: 4 650 Lgo
Value: Nanites 85, Mana 325

just a small error Wink

04-09-2008 01:25 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Probably hit bonus = hit penalty Wink

04-09-2008 01:34 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
If you have any construtive criticism, any ways in which we could have balanced ranged weapons in any other way please post them here, but otherwise you're just complaining without justification.

Been there, done that .... usually either to complete ignorance or claims that anything said would be 'impossible' to implement, despite the suggestions merely being minor tweaks on various aspects.

All really comes back to listening to the players, something which it is clear that you have never had any intention of doing on this server.

As for overreacting ..... what ratio of opponents to the patch can you see to supporters?

I think closer to the point is you playing the game destructive elements of these ill thought out and half baked patches ..... like a lot of people have been saying for a long time, wake up and listen to your players.

III

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 04-09-2008 20:00.

04-09-2008 01:47 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Heavy crossbow CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 30 - 70
Effects: Hit +20, chance for critical hit +30 %, ignores 65 % of opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 30, STRENGTH: 44, AGILITY: 48, PERCEPTION: 38, INTELLIGENCE: 30, KNOWLEDGE: 37
Selling price: 4 550 Lgo
Value: Nanites 0, Mana 0

Was the heavy crossbow always this good? I don't think a shop bought one will be replacing the sniper rifle any time soon but:

1) CAN be bought from the shop, unlike SR
2) Can have a prefix, also unlike SR
3) Anyone with a ranged tattoo now has an option other then switching off their tattoos.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-09-2008 03:36 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Igor

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 12-26-2007

regarding some of the to hit bonuses + penalties:

i copy pasted the shoplist of weapons + stats prepatch
and post patch - to see what change base items had
(i have a 4% reduction to stats req - so not all will see same #'s as this)

of course due to lvl reqs - i cant see the full shoplist
(altho the patch did put some new items in there for me)

the first set of stats under a name is the prepatch
the next set of stats are the post patch changes

i have not included any suffixed data collection or the price changes
(it appears for at least the most part - this has lowered the cost/resale on ranged)

Bow

Damage: 22 - 26
Effects: attacks per round: 2
Requirements: LEVEL: 7, STRENGTH: 10, AGILITY: 11, PERCEPTION: 9, INTELLIGENCE: 10, KNOWLEDGE: 8

Damage: 22 - 26
Requirements: LEVEL: 7, STRENGTH: 10, AGILITY: 11, PERCEPTION: 9, INTELLIGENCE: 10, KNOWLEDGE: 8

Short bow
Damage: 18 - 22
Effects: Hit +10, attacks per round: 2
Requirements: STRENGTH: 8, AGILITY: 9, PERCEPTION: 8, INTELLIGENCE: 7, KNOWLEDGE: 8

Damage: 18 - 22
Effects: Hit +10, attacks per round: 2
Requirements: STRENGTH: 8, AGILITY: 9, PERCEPTION: 8, INTELLIGENCE: 7, KNOWLEDGE: 8

Long bow
Damage: 27 - 42
Requirements: LEVEL: 13, STRENGTH: 13, AGILITY: 14, PERCEPTION: 11, INTELLIGENCE: 12, KNOWLEDGE: 14

Damage: 27 - 42
Requirements: LEVEL: 13, STRENGTH: 13, AGILITY: 14, PERCEPTION: 11, INTELLIGENCE: 12, KNOWLEDGE: 14

Composite bow
Damage: 45 - 55
Effects: attacks per round: 3
Requirements: LEVEL: 25, STRENGTH: 23, AGILITY: 26, PERCEPTION: 24, INTELLIGENCE: 27, KNOWLEDGE: 30

Damage: 45 - 55
Effects: Hit +5, attacks per round: 3
Requirements: LEVEL: 18, STRENGTH: 18, AGILITY: 20, PERCEPTION: 24, INTELLIGENCE: 27, KNOWLEDGE: 30

Crossbow
Damage: 20 - 40
Effects: Hit +10, chance for critical hit +15 %, ignores 20 % of opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 24, STRENGTH: 25, AGILITY: 23, PERCEPTION: 23, INTELLIGENCE: 26, KNOWLEDGE: 29

Damage: 20 - 40
Effects: Hit +10, chance for critical hit +15 %, ignores 25 % of opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 20, STRENGTH: 22, AGILITY: 17, PERCEPTION: 23, INTELLIGENCE: 26, KNOWLEDGE: 29

---------------------------------------------
Heavy crossbow *NEW ON SHOP LIST*
Two-handed ranged weapon
Effects: Hit +20, chance for critical hit +30 %, ignores 65 % of opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 29, STRENGTH: 43, AGILITY: 47, PERCEPTION: 37, INTELLIGENCE: 29, KNOWLEDGE: 36
---------------------------------------------
Javelin
Damage: 30 - 50
Requirements: LEVEL: 42, STRENGTH: 35, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 32, INTELLIGENCE: 31, KNOWLEDGE: 28

Damage: 30 - 50
Effects: Hit +20, attacks per round: 2
Requirements: LEVEL: 24, STRENGTH: 35, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 32, INTELLIGENCE: 25, KNOWLEDGE: 28

----------------------------------------------
Pilum *NEW ON SHOP LIST*
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 45 - 60
Requirements: LEVEL: 25, STRENGTH: 40, AGILITY: 43, PERCEPTION: 36, INTELLIGENCE: 27, KNOWLEDGE: 36
----------------------------------------------

Throwing knife
Damage: 14 - 18
Requirements: LEVEL: 12, STRENGTH: 12, AGILITY: 13, PERCEPTION: 10, INTELLIGENCE: 11, KNOWLEDGE: 13

Damage: 14 - 18
Requirements: LEVEL: 12, STRENGTH: 12, AGILITY: 13, PERCEPTION: 10, INTELLIGENCE: 11, KNOWLEDGE: 13

Throwing axe
Damage: 18 - 24
Requirements: LEVEL: 16, STRENGTH: 14, AGILITY: 13, PERCEPTION: 15, INTELLIGENCE: 13, KNOWLEDGE: 10

Damage: 18 - 24
Effects: Hit -3, attacks per round: 2
Requirements: LEVEL: 16, STRENGTH: 14, AGILITY: 13, PERCEPTION: 15, INTELLIGENCE: 13, KNOWLEDGE: 10

Shuriken
Damage: 10 - 13
Effects: Hit +10
Requirements: LEVEL: 8, STRENGTH: 6, AGILITY: 10, PERCEPTION: 11, INTELLIGENCE: 9, KNOWLEDGE: 10

Damage: 10 - 13
Effects: Hit -10
Requirements: LEVEL: 8, STRENGTH: 6, AGILITY: 10, PERCEPTION: 11, INTELLIGENCE: 9, KNOWLEDGE: 10

i am unable to supply complete data for suffixes due to not havin items
and will leave it to anyone interested to look for changes to upgrade stages

^^

from the small collection of items and low level i am -
as a Demon Lord tat user, for what its worth
i personally do not have any complaints .... yet Tongue

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by Igor: 04-09-2008 04:00.

04-09-2008 03:52 Igor is offline Search for Posts by Igor Add Igor to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Well, The hard thing about the shuriken of vengeance is you have to get a really high perception since it has a perception requirement (there is hardly any other weapon with such problem).

Then you just have to change your targets, before it was strong against guns (more damage overall) but below 2 one handed melee weapon and good 2 handed melee weapon (player of same level between lvl 35 and 42).

Now if you fight a gunner or if you fight a melee fighter you need 2 weapons and switch wisely. The + hit is better and so it has gotten better against melee (no malus to agility), then switch to reaction for gunners and defense (or else everyone can attack you with 90% success rate).

As for reaction and shuriken, the problem is base damage is too low and the minus hit is really hard on hit (I would have made it a 0 on +5 and it is at -15). Either tweak up a bit its damage bonus or lower its hit malus. (as for other prefix they are getting good thanks to lower requirements but not on shuriken more on composite bow or crossbow)

As for crossbow and especially heavy crossbow, nice getting the stat lower (heavy crossbow of reaction for dragonas a demon lord as you need hit bonus for reaction)

Then a omposite bow of wolf and one of dryad with hunter's tatoos to either try to fight melee or gunner (more reputation not to have a 35% ambush rate).

But I still don't find any effect on fire rate (same number of attackon good +2 as other shuriken and no bonus)
Good Shuriken of Fire Rate (+2)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 27 - 30
Effects: Hit -23, attacks per round: 9
Requirements: LEVEL: 59, STRENGTH: 55, AGILITY: 57, PERCEPTION: 28, INTELLIGENCE: 51, KNOWLEDGE: 41

EDIT

Some bow really are nice, but requirements are still too high

Composite bow of Reaction (+3)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 64 - 75
Effects: Hit +8, attacks per round: 4, PERCEPTION +9, AGILITY +10, chance for critical hit +21 %, weapon damage +11
Requirements: LEVEL: 42, STRENGTH: 39, AGILITY: 42, PERCEPTION: 30, INTELLIGENCE: 41, KNOWLEDGE: 46

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mlarinon: 04-09-2008 15:30.

04-09-2008 13:12 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Field test of Shuriken of Reaction.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=fd327ec27b

Throne Hall info:
DAMAGE 40 - 44 Shuriken of Reaction (+5)
DEFENCE 41
STRENGTH 43
AGILITY 103
TOUGHNESS 32
APPEARANCE 49
CHARISMA 35
REPUTATION 52
PERCEPTION 90
INTELLIGENCE 39
KNOWLEDGE 36

There is only one problem. With this equipment will not work any ranged tattoo. In order to make them working you must sacrifice either damage or agility/perception. Easiest to activate is Hunter as others requires too much defense and with such you will not be able to make high agility/perception.

04-09-2008 16:42 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

I use shuriken of reaction and the hit bonus that was -5 and is now at -16 really didn't help. I'd hit once out of 5 times in one round when perception and agility is about equal, same with alot of the other rounds.

People i used to beat in defence i am now losing to as well as in attacking. Missed every time out of 5 times in 4 rounds, even though their perception was lower then mine and their agility was only 30 higher!!!

And now my good shuriken +5, seige weapon of the century with 11 hits of 50 minimum is totally useless because of a -30 hit and no perception boost for it.

They really are trying to eliminate ranged from the game huh?

04-09-2008 17:06 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Most of you will probably kill me for this post, but:
Lets face it, the only usable ranged weapon was Shuriken of Vengeance. In my opinion just in sieges. As GrimTale was complaining about the damage, now that people will be forced to use different weapons like crossbows, these have 'ignore defence' therefore they will do more damage.
I would lower the requirements of them, otherwise they are still far from usefull.
BTW, what tattoos were we talking about regarding shuriken of vengeance? NONE! So proper Hunters and ranged weapon users shouldn't really care what happened to vengeance.
In my opinion this patch has balanced ranged weapons. Yet still I think they're useless in expos and ambushes and most sieges as well, but I don't use them so my opinion is not backed up by experience.
I would rate this patch 6/10 just because I don't have/use Shuriken of Vengeance.
Szeszej: I see your point and I know what you struggle to explain.

04-09-2008 17:35 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Race in game: Cursed One

In my opinion it isn't good patch...
For me this patch is weaken ranged weapons only. On Polish server (Moria) too many players use shuri of venge so u must weaken it, but not here. It isn't this same what Polish serv.

I can show u approximate statistics.
About 4-5 players in top100 use shuri of venge before this patch.
About 20-25 players use any gun.
Rest of players, about 70-75 use melee weapons.
So what is the best weapon and u must weaken it? Yes, of course this shuri of venge whose use 4-5 players in top100 is too strong.

Next think: How chance have player with shuri to kill player using melee weapon? How chance to hit him?
For example: best player (hightest in ranking) using shuri is Mortis, I was ask him how many perception + agility can he have before patch. He say, that he can have about 170. Next I was ask Vlade (2 positions highter that Mortis) who is using 2h melee weapon how many perc + agility can he have. He say that about 200 without arkana. (1h melee weapon can have more agility+perc). I think that he can do about 1.5-2k damage per round with his tattoos. So how chance have Mortis to kill him without any tattoo? He cant hit him.

For me melee weapon is too strong, so u should weaken it, not ranged weapon.

And how about expedition? How can I kill White D at 40 lvl or Red D at 60 lvl using ranged weapon? I said it in my last post. I can kill golem only so where is balance?

Thanks for read this post.

04-09-2008 18:22 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

you cant kill every expo mob with ranged weapons. the idea is to use different weapons to adapt your character. Gunners had priority over whites and black dragons. melee over phoenix and red dragons. And as you mention ranged over golem though have not seen this before.

04-09-2008 18:53 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Race in game: Cursed One

Kralen, if player using melee weapon is good, he can kill white, black, red dragons, phoenix, hydra, sometimes gold drag. Good gunner can kill every dragon, golem, and if he have many perc or max tattoo to hit, he can kill phoenix. Players with ranged weapon can kill golem or if they are strong (about 50 lvl) they can try kill white dragon, or if they have 60 lvl they can try kill black d. To kill phoenix or something stronger they must have 70+ lvl so they get 0-10% exp...

04-09-2008 19:02 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007

thanks dev's.
due to this patch i'm switching back to my beretta's . since my shuriken became worthless
thank god i choose collector tattoo.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diochawolper: 04-09-2008 21:39.

04-09-2008 19:44 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Gumis1
For me this patch is weaken ranged weapons only. On Polish server (Moria) too many players use shuri of venge so u must weaken it, but not here. It isn't this same what Polish serv.

Sorry Gumis, but the official stance that has been used when this point was brought up last time (on an unrelated subject) was this:

quote:
Isn't it better to address the problem before it arises? To prevent rather than to heal? Sooner or later you too would advance to the stage of 1man expos (it was only the matter of being able to fight golems)

So technically it doesn't matter that we didn't have the problem yet, we got the solution anyway ..... and if it sets a section of the paying and playing community back quite a way while they start getting equipment together to change strategies, then it's just tough luck to them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 04-09-2008 20:05.

04-09-2008 20:04 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

This game i think is meant to be played in stages to win in expos. I have had to adapt my character to play gunner just to kill white and black dragon and im a melee vamp. it took me around 50 expos to even get my white and prob the same for black dragon for one reason or another. At the optimal stage to beat a white dragon which is around 40-46 or something like that no one can get 160 + agility same as black dragon no one can get the strength to beat a black dragon.

Now when the majority of people get on to Golems im sure they will all revert bk to guns or long ranged weapons as you say. and im thinking that there will be another expo where ranged are specialised in.

04-09-2008 20:08 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Has anyone ever seen ranged weapons against a Golem? If yes please post the link here, I'm curious.

04-09-2008 20:45 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Firetouch

Registration Date: 09-15-2007
Clan: BloodWych

When I started playing as soon as I was able I switched to range weapons. 1st bows and then on to shuriken, I've never had or wanted any weapon with a Vengence suffice (I like my armour to much for that). I'm 50th lvl now and for most of that I've used my trusty Shuriken of Reaction but as soon as I am able now I will be switching to a different weapon. Yes this patch means I was able to upgrade it again but its also made it less effective and so makes me more of a target. For those that USED vengence weapons this is just another lick in the teeth, another Polish patch that had no place on the English server.

04-09-2008 20:48 Firetouch is offline Search for Posts by Firetouch Add Firetouch to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

This server is no different in terms of system from the Polish ones.

04-09-2008 21:01 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

We are not talking about system, but about player base.

04-09-2008 21:09 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Szeszej
Administrator

If you want to discuss playerbase I think you should start a topic devoted to it.

04-09-2008 21:32 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Playerbase has been discussed in various topics for months, you have simply refused to acknowledge it ...... or on the odd occasion when it has been acknowledged you've taken it upon yourself to dismiss it as an irrelevant point.

A further topic devoted to it won't change that, and underworld will still be screwed even further with every successive patch that is applied to correct MORIA based problems.

04-10-2008 01:16 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
If you want to discuss playerbase I think you should start a topic devoted to it.

Firstly, you have posted about server systems which were never in question, so I just pointed you back to topic.

Secondly, there is no reason to start another thread as you are continually denying there is difference in player base here and on polish servers and some of the changes made here were intended to fix Moria's problems not Underworld's and thus they rather hindered gameplay here than helped.

Back to this patch. I went through closed auctions to see what differences have been made to various suffixes in ranged weapons and I must say that Dryad, Wolf and Reaction are more usable and equipable than before. The requirements before this patch were ridiculous and that's why they were not used. Also the requirements for Crossbow and Heavy crossbows are now more player friendly, so it would be interesting to see them in action.

Dryad have lower requirements and gained reputation.

Shuriken of Dryad (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 23 - 26
Effects: Hit +5, attacks per round: 4, REPUTATION +10, PERCEPTION +8, AGILITY +11, TOUGHNESS -5, weapon damage +9
Requirements: LEVEL: 30, STRENGTH: 24, AGILITY: 36, PERCEPTION: 15, INTELLIGENCE: 19, KNOWLEDGE: 21

Wolf and Reaction have lower requirements.

Throwing knife of Wolf (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 25 - 29
Effects: attacks per round: 4, PERCEPTION +11, AGILITY +12, TOUGHNESS +14, Hit +30, weapon damage +7
Requirements: LEVEL: 40, STRENGTH: 33, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 14, INTELLIGENCE: 30, KNOWLEDGE: 26

Shuriken of Reaction (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 25 - 28
Effects: Hit -15, attacks per round: 4, PERCEPTION +9, AGILITY +10, chance for critical hit +21 %, weapon damage +11
Requirements: LEVEL: 29, STRENGTH: 24, AGILITY: 29, PERCEPTION: 15, INTELLIGENCE: 19, KNOWLEDGE: 22

Perfection suffix gained considerable amount of luck, but hard to say how big impact it will have on criticals.

Throwing axe of Perfection (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 33 - 39
Effects: Hit +9, attacks per round: 3, LUCK +9, weapon damage +11

Composite bow gained one attack at +3 (here I am maybe wrong as I was able to wield it only at +1 when I was using it in past and really don't remember the insight for higher upgrades), although the requirements for knowledge and intelligence are little bit high in my opinion and you must sacrifice agility/perception in order to wield it.

Composite bow of Long Range (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 66 - 77
Effects: Hit +23, attacks per round: 4, STRENGTH +9, weapon damage +13
Requirements: LEVEL: 37, STRENGTH: 38, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 29, INTELLIGENCE: 39, KNOWLEDGE: 39

Pilum is still unusable in my opinion. Extremly high requirements comparing to bonuses and damage it can deal.

Pilum of Perfection (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 66 - 81
Effects: Hit +40, attacks per round: 2, LUCK +9, weapon damage +11
Requirements: LEVEL: 45, STRENGTH: 57, AGILITY: 65, PERCEPTION: 41, INTELLIGENCE: 37, KNOWLEDGE: 47

Crossbows are now looking interesting taking into account damage, number of attacks, chance for criticals and ignorance of defense. Requirements are lower, but in combination with suffix goes up.

Crossbow of Reaction (+3)

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 38 - 60
Effects: Hit +15, attacks per round: 3, chance for critical hit +39 %, ignores 28 % of opponent`s defence, PERCEPTION +9, AGILITY +10, weapon damage +11
Requirements: LEVEL: 42, STRENGTH: 41, AGILITY: 38, PERCEPTION: 28, INTELLIGENCE: 38, KNOWLEDGE: 43

I were not able to track down any Heavy Crossbows as they were not worthy auctioning, but by looking at basic version.. well bonuses and damage looks good, but requirements are high even now and with suffix or futher upgrade might go up considerably.

Heavy crossbow

Two-handed ranged weapon
Requirements: LEVEL: 29, STRENGTH: 42, AGILITY: 46, PERCEPTION: 37, INTELLIGENCE: 29, KNOWLEDGE: 36

Same can be said about Javelins, they were never auctioned, but don't seems very interesting.

04-10-2008 09:53 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

The new patch made me consider changing tattoo. I'll stick with Monk for now but if I ever find some Hunter's armour of Death Sower then I'll be VERY interested in Collector Big Grin

A Colector that could use a Heavy Crossbow with a decent Suffix (we're talking level 60 min here) woud dominate every aspect of the game.

It would have to be a VERY long term plan involving some extreme equipment but if the stars ever did allign they woud be able to take down any player or expo mob they want. The only problem is hitting, but between their Lucky Shot tattoo and Suffix bonus they'll be somewhere around +120 to hit before equipment and natural stats.

We're talking scary good here, but very unlikely to save us all from it.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-11-2008 01:27 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch 1.0.1.0

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH