Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What's your favourite style of play? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Your favourite style to play?
Two-handed gun 32 36.36%
One-handed melee 22 25.00%
Ranged weapon 15 17.05%
Two-handed melee 13 14.77%
One-handed gun 6 6.82%
Total: 88 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page What's your favourite style of play?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

What's your favourite style of play? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Poll suggested by Artoir. Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-20-2008 16:43 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow the presentation and set up its actually quite impressive, wonder why no one bothered before?

03-20-2008 16:45 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol, I'm the only one using 1h guns Cool

03-21-2008 03:05 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
lol, I'm the only one using 1h guns Cool

im sure ur not the only one diablo lol.
may wait for more ppl to vote untill we can see wat % of ppl use wat weps.

ps.it would be kinda ffunny after evryone voted dat ur still the only 1h gun user lol
03-21-2008 11:58 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

I know I'm not the only one, there is Death-Reborn, 100nka and Niki (the only gangster I know).
Just an idea, wouldn't it be more usefull to ask what tattoos people have? From that you can judge what style(s) they use.

03-21-2008 12:22 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

Very cool set-up...I'm impressed. I think we should have a poll on whether or not we should have more polls!! Wink

03-21-2008 13:29 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

two handed gun they are good for two reasons sniper and hunting and flame thower they ignore defence and give a good chance for a crittical hit

L.O.D
03-25-2008 22:44 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Tony_Wiseman

images/avatars/avatar-200.jpg

Registration Date: 05-26-2008
Clan: [SOD]

i've always favoured the ranged weapons myself... i'm actually not that far off from using a composite bow... something i'm looking forward to be armed with Big Grin
05-28-2008 14:36 Tony_Wiseman is offline Search for Posts by Tony_Wiseman Add Tony_Wiseman to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Tony_Wiseman: vipyr2002 View the MSN Profile for Tony_Wiseman
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Composite bow isnt that good, i perfer 2h guns, that is until i can equip strong melee items

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 05-28-2008 16:00.

05-28-2008 15:56 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Tony_Wiseman

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Composite bow isnt that good, i perfer 2h guns, that is until i can equip strong melee items

well i would have gone for the ole hunting rifle, but am kinda stuffed seemin as i ave decided to take on the collectors tatts... anywaaayyy... the composite bow will probably do me just fine Big Grin
05-28-2008 16:31 Tony_Wiseman is offline Search for Posts by Tony_Wiseman Add Tony_Wiseman to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Tony_Wiseman: vipyr2002 View the MSN Profile for Tony_Wiseman
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

it used to be two handed guns but now two handed mellee since I use my good murderous mace (+1)

05-28-2008 18:03 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
nhanho25

images/avatars/avatar-199.gif

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Clan: Source

I prefer, Hunting rifle and Sniper rifle, two handed gun is the BEST Big Grin

CLICK ME PLZ!!!
05-28-2008 18:27 nhanho25 is offline Search for Posts by nhanho25 Add nhanho25 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of nhanho25: nhanho25
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007

i always wanted to use 1 handed guns from the beginning
for some reason i love them Big Grin
05-28-2008 19:11 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

1 handed guns can be pretty good, especially scorpios if you have the right equip Smile
05-28-2008 19:57 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Tony_Wiseman

mmm... maybe i should think about arming myself with some scorp weapons in due course Big Grin
05-29-2008 08:46 Tony_Wiseman is offline Search for Posts by Tony_Wiseman Add Tony_Wiseman to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Tony_Wiseman: vipyr2002 View the MSN Profile for Tony_Wiseman
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

I love range weapon, but they still have high requirements

Composite bow of Reaction (+3)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 64 - 75
Effects: Hit +8, attacks per round: 4, PERCEPTION +9, AGILITY +10, chance for critical hit +21 %, weapon damage +11

edit :
Requirements: LEVEL: 42, STRENGTH: 39, AGILITY: 42, PERCEPTION: 30, INTELLIGENCE: 41, KNOWLEDGE: 46

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mlarinon: 05-29-2008 21:31.

05-29-2008 09:02 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Tony_Wiseman

i'm drooling at the thought of using that kind of weapon Big Grin
05-29-2008 09:09 Tony_Wiseman is offline Search for Posts by Tony_Wiseman Add Tony_Wiseman to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Tony_Wiseman: vipyr2002 View the MSN Profile for Tony_Wiseman
AudatiousTitan
Lord

comp bow of reaction isnt that good, especially compared to a good hunting rifle, and the requirments are pretty high...as far as i remember
05-29-2008 21:18 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

Good Hunting rifle
Two-handed gun
Damage: 27 - 37
Effects: PERCEPTION +10, attacks per round: 3, chance for critical hit +32 %, ignores 40 % of opponent`s defence

if you can wear the bow, i'd rather use the bow (but you do need good euipment next to it since you need good perception and agility). The only bad target are black nights since 1/4 of 200 or 300 defense is still a lot, but there aren't that many around.
05-29-2008 21:28 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

true, although id still stick with the good hunting rifle, especially as im an assasin
05-29-2008 21:30 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

I most certainly use ranged weapons, and fortunately, i'm not that far off of using the comp bow of reaction, nor am i that far off of getting one. And them stats are for non-absorbers, so it should be a little easier to use for me then, all i need is 2 strength, and about 4 knowledge.

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
comp bow of reaction isnt that good, especially compared to a good hunting rifle, and the requirments are pretty high...as far as i remember

Sorry titan (i can't even spell your name right anymore... i think), i have to say this, but how ain't they that good when you lost to, well... what WOULD be class as a worse weapon? (less attacks, lower damage)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 05-30-2008 08:13.

05-30-2008 08:06 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

the problem with somp bow of reaction is that you need high agility, high perception and high requirments and whilst doing that you need enough rep to get into battle and it is a big hassel as i am sure you have noticed, that said the comp bow of reaction is a amazing weapon in battle and especially in sieges, using one in sieges can get you over 2000 damage in 5 rounds if you know how to use it E.g vonbudde, mlarinion, garat_jax and soon to be deathjam (sorry if any of these names are spelt wrong Smile ) the only problem with it is that you need a tatoo to go with it to be a great ranger and then when it comes to expos they can't be used and with out a tatoo you can't maximise your potential in expos and some people struggle, expos are the main source of exp and need either guns or melee depending on the area chosen. i know there are a few rangers that do well in expos but they would have done better if they were a different tatoo. to get into the top 50 with range weapons is pretty difficult and takes time, obviously firetouch owns with her shuriken in battle and sieges but expos come harder than what they would usually be. in my opinion the reaction suffix is amazingly strong in battle and sieges and if i had the stones i would swap tatoos round everyday to suit my needs Smile but i don't Frown but good luck to those rangers and sorry to those i did not mention.
05-30-2008 09:17 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

lol, i lost because ur alot stronger than me, and tiger knows what i mean about the requirments, it is pretty annoying to get the proper equip need to use it and get into fights, as a stand alone weapon its better but you have to take stat requirements/equip/and time factors into it and this is why the hunting rifle is better

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 05-30-2008 13:31.

05-30-2008 13:30 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

as for expedition, i think that about everyone adapts its equipment to the beast hunted (so depending on the monster taking guns, melee...). Only a fez havethe right tatoo for one beast, but then some other for the next beast and so on. Don't make a generality because the first dragons are weak against guns.

This is done to help gunner who are usually losing in battle to progress at the same speed (against melee or range of the same level, during level expected for white and black dragon, higher than that we would need a high player input).
05-30-2008 16:18 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

i don't exactly know why you think gunners don't advance as fast as rangers in battle coz i know i do even faster sometimes, as most players don't get in to fight me unless they have high rep and i seem to beat alot of melee and rangers around my region coz of more health, in defence we are one of the weakest but we stop alot from getting in and thats how it is balanced and guns are very good against white, black, red and golem actually. they are not very good against pehonix but they are very good against anything else pretty much. so to say for us we need expos to keep up with melee and rangers is crap as i don't and i know laods of others who don't, the advance quicker than rangers mostly coz they are very good at expos aswell as battle Smile but this doesn't apply to everyone this is in general.
05-30-2008 16:29 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

i think whats being said is tht melee can have more attacks tht deal more damage when critical
this means a greater likelyhood of beating the other person and so getting the exp to level up
hence why gunners might not level up as fast as melee
just my take on it btw

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 05-30-2008 16:33.

05-30-2008 16:32 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

just ask theheraldofogc you will see what i means, he might be crap in defense, but thanks to monk tatoos, and 2 good one handed melee weapon,by favouring reputation (115 about) he has 3000+ HP, and can touch any gunners, since he has quite some agility. He fights mostly nearly the top gunners players and get 120xp from each of those fight, he has gun and perception equipment for expedition.

He can do expedition (not as easily as sniper or assassin), but goes a lot faster than gunner in progression (he his now more than 30 place before me around 60, i am around 90), and the first time i fought him he was about 200 and i was 180.

That is what i meant, if you play melee with a good plan,you can have either 130+ agility with 4 to 6 attack at 80+ damage or with different path dodge guns or other things that enables you to kill a lot of people with level a lot higher than you. Where as gunners apart of doing lots of spying to get people on quest equipment, have a lower damage output and so can not aim as high. (Lysandra from dark is also pretty bad with her good light scythe of agility, blackknight tatoos and so high defense but themost annoyingis she has2 hit per round and have a decent critical range,not many can survive 4 or 5 criticals at 400+ damage)
05-30-2008 16:43 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

yea, lys is pretty stong, in relation to melee progresion, i can beat ppl higher than me without any great difficulty, i just beat fifas, who while only being 2 lvls above me has 112 agility, it dosnt particularly matter what path you choose as long as you have good equip

im a gunner by the way

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 05-30-2008 16:49.

05-30-2008 16:48 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

well i know herald and yh she is good but as i said the higher gunners or legend gunners like zeruel are too good for her and same as for mortis. i personally do not struggle to beat melee around me region except monks. and i know lysandra as i am from that clan and yes her good light scythe+1 is very nice but i can still beat her Smile but i would get slaughtered if she attacked me Smile and i love lys hehe. and i have never had to spy on people to beat them, i just attack them and see what happens. if you look how long i have been playing this game then you will see that gunners are able to advance. in battle melee is usually better against guns but we find ways around that, and we have a advantage to those melee who have low rep as they hardly get in and we get in to them all the time and beat them with high HP Smile and with expos on top i feel gunners have the most pleasure as they can do all things specially at my level, when i get further down the libes i need to formulate ways of beating melee which i have been thinking about, but dragons should not be that hard from my previous experiences when you get past pheonix. if i had a chnace to start the game again i would still choose guns as they in my mind are the best way to advance through not getting farmed much, attacking and winning alot, good in expos. but the truth is when we get to remulus and that melee and guns are needed and we have to stick together Smile if anyone chooses the melee path rep is key to beat gunners and for anyone choosing range i feel they will have a hard time as they need high agility, high rep, high perception and need to change their equipment for expos and to me it seems like a big hassel. and i have advanced a lot of melee users and i know loads who advance slow but there the ones at the top who are the best and have proved it. i particularly hate 2 handed melee sometimes as they seem to pop up a nice crit now and then Smile but yh all paths have their benefits and disadvantages but i beleive gunner style suits me as i want to advance quick. so assassin tatoo is good for those who wana advance quick with guns then switch to melee later like artoir Smile
05-30-2008 17:01 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

artoir will be an example, hes in the middle of changing at the mo, lol, i am also an assassin and i also feel it is a good way for me to progress
05-30-2008 17:05 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

Yo! It's only Zeruel I can't take you know Tongue

diablo is still a bit tough, but in two days will be a better prospect when I go up to level 51 and can finally use my Friendly Thunderfist at +5 and nab a 5th attack Smile

I'm brewing a good collection of Thunderfist merges in my armoury too. I need spare Mergstones but I'm an Axe of Suicide away from a Thunderfist of Suicide, and I think I'll sort put together a Thunderfist of Valour too.

Thunderfist collections eventually turn into 6 attacks, although the Knowledge requirements can be insane...

THE MORAL OF THE STORY

Get lots of EXP.
Use lots of EXP to build up your character.

All is well!

I'll show off my new moves in a few days Smile

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
05-31-2008 02:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

looking forward to see it herald, but why dont you do azz's idea and use a light thunderfist of xxx, that would knock the requirments down a bit Big Grin
05-31-2008 08:53 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Simple problem there:

Light Thunderfists of xxx are extremely rare! Tongue

Merges are easier, but still a pain. Rest assured I am looking into it though Wink

05-31-2008 09:41 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Yo! It's only Zeruel I can't take you know Tongue

Well, you won't beat him with the style you are using against me. At least not while he is in his defense set.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
05-31-2008 10:29 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I'm waiting for my Inspired Warrior damage boost before I start annoying Zeruel Smile

I'm concentrating on my tatts now anyway. Discipline to level 3 then I'm going to hammer Inspired Warrior. It may take a while but it'll do the business when it comes through Smile

06-01-2008 02:34 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Just to throw some more thought-wood on the fire of debate;
@Tony - I've just merged myself a comp bow of reaction - the requirements are high - but it sits nicely with my tattoo (I'm a Collector as well), and does way more damage than I can do with my good hunting rifle; but I'm yet to test it on an expo.
The 2 one-handed guns are fun, and once I can get my twin scorpios up to a substantial level, I will reap hell on some of you! Evil But, as I've said before, magnums & desert eagles are my fave guns; I love the thought of twin handedly blamming away with them (have fired a magnum at a range in the real world - it is awesome! Big Grin )

I also have to agree with Herald's advice:
quote:
Get lots of EXP. Use lots of EXP to build up your character.

It's obvious, but the only way. Good weapons, are what they are, but without the good stats to go with them then you're... well, paddling up the stream of you know where. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
06-01-2008 14:12 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What's your favourite style of play?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH