Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Bonus for ambushes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bonus for ambushes 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Question Bonus for ambushes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

little idea i had been thinking about ???
how about adding a bonus for winning ambushes Smile
heres some catagories that could be added :-

David vs goliath - beating someone much higher in the rankings = exp x2 (same for defending)
Untouchable - win without losing any HP = exp x1.5 (same for defending)
Deciding blow - win with less than 5% hp left = exp +100 (if defending then exp +40)
Last legs - win with less than 1% hp left = exp + 250 (if defending then exp+100)

it can also work with sieges maybe ???

Chosen one - only person left standing in a battle with more than 20 people on each side = Exp + 1000
Last man standing - only person left standing in a battle with more than 10 people on each side = Exp + 500
Honourable mention - people who did more than 2x thier hp in damage but died = exp + 50

(i tried to work in Hops for siege rewards but it dont quite work :/)

03-22-2008 13:17 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, nice idea.. could work quite good.. I am for it.

quote:
David vs goliath - beating someone much higher in the rankings = exp x2 (same for defending)

How much higher?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-22-2008 13:43 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a guess, I would think that he means around 5 for people that are already level 55 ish, and 10 from 50 below Tongue just what I think Wink

03-22-2008 13:45 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

RE: Bonus for ambushes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think dat is a great idea.especially the ones about seigein.they would make them alot more interesting.im well up for itSmile
03-22-2008 14:22 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Totally agree; they are some great ideas - the ambush one's are well needed; too many times it has gone to the wire and I've ended up with the same exp as if I'd beaten a person without losing a hp.
Also the siege ideas are good too, especially the Honorable Mention - I hate getting killed after doing really well in a seige.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-22-2008 14:39 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Some very cool ideas indeed Smile

Wonder what the Dev's think?

Does anyone know what the formula for PoP in ambushes is anyway? Confused

03-22-2008 14:43 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Perfect example: I should get a bonus for surviving 8 critical attacks! Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=53163e7988

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-22-2008 15:03 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

It's a perfect idea as long as people to not start to cheat Wink

With this feature it'll be easy to quickly lvl up by making an agreement with a player much higher in the ranking.

03-22-2008 16:10 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BoS

It's very good idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

With this feature it'll be easy to quickly lvl up by making an agreement with a player much higher in the ranking.

I think that U talking about this:
quote:

If u dont like cheaters I propose add limit. For example max 1-2 time per day. Is somebody ambushing more that 2 time per day by h-lvl (10 lvl more than u)? It isn't limit for normal players. It's problem for cheaters only.

For this:
quote:
Chosen one - only person left standing in a battle with more than 20 people on each side = Exp + 1000

and for this:
quote:
Last man standing - only person left standing in a battle with more than 10 people on each side = Exp + 500

limit can be 1 per week.

03-22-2008 17:17 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
If u dont like cheaters I propose add limit. For example max 1-2 time per day. Is somebody ambushing more that 2 time per day by h-lvl (10 lvl more than u)? It isn't limit for normal players. It's problem for cheaters only.

I totally disagree with this suggestion. I currently progress by almost a point a day and have to do so to even keep up with the rankings. The only means of achieving this without expos is attacking players much stronger than myself.

03-22-2008 17:20 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

What about being able to attack higher players, but only getting a bonus x amount of times. Means that you get the experience you normally get from attacking plus the bonus two, maybe three times a day.

03-22-2008 18:37 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Makes more sense Smile

03-22-2008 19:06 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

the problem I see is with

it should be limited in poinnts also (fake attack from high level) and people attacking really low level (relatively) should still get 4 exp even if they don't get touch
03-23-2008 02:22 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420

quote:

its not something that can be done in the same clan, but i agree it could happen
but the worst case scenario is that lower lvls will be catching up to the higher lvls Smile
and that is something that cant happen the way things are :/

quote:
Originally posted by Mlarinon
the problem I see is with

it should be limited in poinnts also (fake attack from high level) and people attacking really low level (relatively) should still get 4 exp even if they don't get touch

if a high lvl attacks a low lvl and wins they get 4 exp :/
times 1.5 = 6 exp so it cant be abused like that
and i doubt high lvls would ambush someone low to lose on purpose so the lower player gets more exp as it dosnt help the higher lvl and you still dont get great exp from defending Smile
plus even with a big difference in agility/perception its not impossible to get at least one hit in in a battle Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 03-23-2008 22:07.

03-23-2008 22:04 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

ye, even without any weapon equipped, some of the higher lvs can still land a blow, due to tatooes and the oponent having lower stats. also what do you tink of this one-
ovewhelming odds- winning a seige where the opposition has twice as many people as you-exp+100
03-24-2008 08:38 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

i was more thinking of some I get like 18 or 24 exp from (attack them for blood) and they don't touch me. So i would get blood and the same xp as attacking people my level. And in the mean time disgut these players that are not the lowest that i can attack but are still somewhat below my level.
03-24-2008 10:37 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Clan: DB

RE: Bonus for ambushes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's an excellent idea. I know there is a multiplier in effect for attacking higher level players but nothing for some of the bonuses you suggested.
03-24-2008 13:35 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

i like the idea as well

the higher lvl thing should be based on experience and not on lvl ( i think the experience gain currently is based on that calculation) as the lvl progress slower the more experience you get.

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-24-2008 14:48 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
-ASSASSIN-

images/avatars/avatar-168.jpg

Registration Date: 02-16-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: [NOD]

i like the idea about beatin some 1 higher than you good idea

03-24-2008 16:18 -ASSASSIN- is offline Search for Posts by -ASSASSIN- Add -ASSASSIN- to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

I think this is a good idea. I haven't really done much in sieges in the past but I'm starting to get one or two kills and do some damage above my hp lvl. But then I die and end up just wasting Blood on Arcana. If I even got a little exp out of the odd siege for doing some good damage (compared to my hp or watever) then it would be more worthwhile for me to join sieges.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
03-25-2008 12:22 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Scillage
Forum Legend

Sorry for offtopic, but serafine please could you change your signature so that it is not advertising another game...

03-25-2008 12:31 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

are you guys really that single minded?

Well you know what I will change it. And I will also change my sig on the other games I play that advertises Blood Wars.... (Censored by Evangelion) (many forums including my own clan forums that I admin that I have invited 3 ppl into this game from), (Censored by Evangelion) (the game i advertise here) (Censored by Evangelion) and a lot more Sony games too.

That's ok I will change it. But I won't be advertising your game for free any more either.

EDIT: Don't delete it like I asked, rather I'm gonna stay and be a pain in someone's side. (Not neccessarily yours, but someone's Pleased )

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serafine: 03-25-2008 15:37.

03-25-2008 12:54 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Scillage
Forum Legend

Look, I do not make the rules. I only follow them, entrusted to make the board clearer and non-spammish. I am glad to see that you advertise bloodwars on other games, but unfortunately on this board (and game) it is against the rules to advertise other games.

PS. Thanks Evan...

03-25-2008 13:02 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

STOP THE ARGUING!!!

I think experience from sieges is a great idea Big Grin

People who help others in sieges for squares get nothing in return.

03-25-2008 15:39 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Kusatsu

Registration Date: 11-23-2007

quote:

Not necessarily as you can only attack the same person twice per day maximum.
03-25-2008 20:06 Kusatsu is offline Search for Posts by Kusatsu Add Kusatsu to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Clan: BoS exLead

And why would the high ranked help the lowbies? To catch him up? I dont think its in his interest.. Tongue

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-25-2008 20:14 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I would love to gain experience from sieges....I mean you get experience from everything else, why not get something from a siege?
And Last LegsConfused winning with less than 1% hp) I do that every day...Smile

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-25-2008 20:54 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kusatsu
quote:

But you can make mutiple agreements.

Mortis - maybe, but still I don't think it's a good idea to implement a feature that may be exploited (unless there is a limit which will prevent exploting).

03-25-2008 22:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kusatsu
quote:

But you can make mutiple agreements.

Mortis - maybe, but still I don't think it's a good idea to implement a feature that may be exploited (unless there is a limit which will prevent exploting).

there is a limit Tongue you can only be ambushed a certain amount of times in a day (up to 48 if in zone1 but even that isnt realistic)
and would only work if these people were lined up waiting to attack one after the other
which would be hard to coordinate, and at certain times of the day ambushes come in succession anyway, bam bam bam, then you might have many hours of peace before you are attacked again.
but the abuse would be nothing more than what can already be done by a higher lvl going naked so lower lvls can beat them for better exp gain, which i doubt happens a lot :/

if experience dosnt work for some bonuses then maybe a cash could be used instead ???

Head Hunter = person who gets the most kills in a siege = 100 exp

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 03-26-2008 03:18.

03-26-2008 03:08 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

i like Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the headhunter idea is brilliant
03-26-2008 09:00 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

will the head hunter idea be in the next patch because thats really interesting but what if you pick lower clan to get it

L.O.D
03-26-2008 12:41 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

you know what probably happens you give all the decent ideas the dev's nik it and use it on polish server and leave us all in the dark.......

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-02-2008 00:23 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Yes, we do so because we hate the English [/sarcasm]

Underworld gets all the patches Polish servers get.

04-02-2008 01:01 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

RE: i like Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aidensixx
the headhunter idea is brilliant

Personally doesn't seem fair to me.

After all the only people that would benefit would be mercs in smaller clans, or the most powerful in each clan. So It would be the same people getting the 100 exp all the time

04-02-2008 09:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

ok itd need tweaking Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but i like the sound of it
i dont know how to tweak it to make it work properly
04-02-2008 10:25 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

quote:
Yes, we do so because we hate the English [/sarcasm]

Underworld gets all the patches Polish servers get.

You can be as sarcastic as you like Sz, it won't draw attention away from the points that are being raised.

Yes, we know we get the same patches as the Polish servers, and that has never been argued ..... what has been argued is that the patches have been applied to all servers at the same time, which makes the assumption that players on all servers are of a level where the patch applies to them.

Think about it ..... changing something to make the game challenging for a 600 point player on one server has the adverse effect of making it damn near impossible for a 300 point player on another, yet they're both supposed to just put up with it. The patches needed to be staggered to start off with, so that when the patch was applied to a second server at least the players had approached the level and stage of play that the patch was developed for.

04-02-2008 10:33 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

A point raised by myself, many times.

The patches should be implemented at a stage that reflects at least the chronological progress of the server.

04-02-2008 10:47 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

good point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i agree with gendibal that there needs to be a gap between implementing the patch on the polish servers and implementing it on the english server and eventually english servers will need need a gap between underworld and server 2 watever it gets called
04-02-2008 10:49 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
A point raised by myself, many times.

That point has been raised by quite a few players in one form or another, but has yet to be commented on in any substantial manner.

04-02-2008 11:28 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

once again Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

were not getting listened to and what youve just said shows tht
04-02-2008 11:42 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Bonus for ambushes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH