Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » "Twilight" the Movie (Opinion about their vampire characters) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Twilight" the Movie (Opinion about their vampire characters)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

"Twilight" the Movie (Opinion about their vampire characters) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

About "Twilight"
Okay only way to kill vampires there is to rip them apart and they are extremely agile. But they really lose me on the part where Vampires sparkle under direct sunlight? Whats that about ? I know its fiction and all but come on night beasts feeding from human blood ripping each other apart with extreme agile movement and all they do is sparkle under sunlight.
There is like girly sunscreens giving sparkling effect to the skin in the sunlight.
And then a pack of werewolves rips a vampire apart , why the hell he didn't have a blade with him? They have lived tons of years and he just forget hes self-defense suddenly ? They got all the time in the world , strength and everything and he didn't even have a knife with him. Since when you live tons of years and not getting smarter at all so some bunch of furry teenagers can rip you apart.

I would have been so okay with all the romantic s... when the vampires wouldn't have sparkle under sunlight like they would wear girly products and 300 year olds wouldn't get owned by 10 year-olds

+

Vampire body is same temperature as the surrounding cause they don't have body heat and basicly they are dead So logical thinking says the girl that was making out with the Vamp is almost the same she would have made out with a dead body.

So is the girl Necrophiliac ? Tongue

02-03-2010 09:28 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This film fails

02-03-2010 12:18 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the hellish reality of the film maker XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
02-03-2010 13:16 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BK

I agree with artoir, lol

02-03-2010 13:21 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009

aww i like twilight i'm completely hooked on it. maybe its because the lead vamp is FIT AS D: lol but still it kinda took all the buchness away from the hole vamp thing when they sparkled Wink lol

but's lol i have been watching loads of things about vampires <3 true blood, twilight and now vampire diaries .... i love it but each ones have a completely different take on what vampires are Big Grin

i wouldn't go as far of necrophila lol thats just like putting another downer on the hole vampire romance thing ¬_¬ haha i love them Big Grin

can't wait for the next one to come out XD

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

02-03-2010 13:40 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Being Human is funny vamps trying to quit drinking blood.

I loved Georges outbursts hilarious.

02-03-2010 13:50 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
Being Human is funny vamps trying to quit drinking blood.

I loved Georges outbursts hilarious.

haha yeah i forgot about that one tooo XD the vampire ghost and werewolf <3 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin being human rocks Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

02-03-2010 13:55 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Sanguinarius

images/avatars/avatar-606.jpg

Registration Date: 10-19-2009
Clan: V13 BC

ok then what should the critera for been vamp cant be all good

its a load of crap the movies are good watching but thay depiced vamps in way wher not use to so is true blood

every one thinks the ann rice way

02-03-2010 18:02 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

@ the Anne Rice vamps comment: Technically even those are romantised from old legends. 'Real' vamps would be 'Dracula' vamps or older. If we want to get technical. Wink

As for Twilight: The books were horrid. I got bored in the first five chapters but plugged on... Edward is abusive, possessive and obsessed. Not to mention he's a 109 virgin. Really? I mean REALLY?

I don't mind different takes on vampires but..sparkly? And, they don't actually drink human blood, they're vegetarians. So only animal blood. I think out of all the vampires created out there, these are the weakest bunch. I mean sure, Anne Rice's vamps can't go out in the sun but they can set other vamps on fire by looking at them. I think Lestat (Anne Rice's vamp, not my brother...lol) could easily wipe the floor with Edward or any of Meyer's vampires.

If she was more creative in her story line, it wouldn't be so bad. But the whole love triangle thing is old..her dialogue is stale and uninteresting. Maybe it's just me and I don't get the whole obsession thing.

Bah. I'm done now...lol.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-03-2010 21:05 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
kazgar the angry

Registration Date: 04-14-2009

Lolol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Decided to try and watch this while it was on sky

give it a go see what all the fuss was about

FELL ASLEEP 15 MINUTES IN

so not great really LOL

Good vamp films are few a far between
as for books if you haven't read Brian Lumley's NECROSCOPE series you haven't read anything

If you like vamp books then I highly recommend these
02-03-2010 21:59 kazgar the angry is offline Search for Posts by kazgar the angry Add kazgar the angry to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I liked the first one! The second I'm mixed, because while I liked the addition of werewolves I think Taylor Lautner(sp?) is so incredibly dull. He better hope his youthful looks and body last because he is pathetic as an actor.

I really don't care if they sparkle..why not. And it's not that uncommon in vampire movies/stories that some of the vamps do not drink human blood, or resists drinking it. Becoming a vampire kind of takes away their humanity, and to me it does make sense that they would resist letting that go.

Needing to be ripped apart to kill it, well that's to keep up with the modern day need for gore. Somehow I don't think the younger audiences of today would be satisfied with the traditional stake to the heart Wink

Oh and Lestat flew into the sunlight and lived...But he is supervamp haha!

02-03-2010 22:01 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bat

I wouldn't say that Twilight vampires would be weak tho compared to all the other vampire stories (ones in Supernatural, Underworld so on)

Basically Edward(Twilight) can go and make Selene(Underworld) into ash cause when sun is up Edward can come break the whatever shelter Selene has and sparkle Selene to dead/just get some sunlight on her + Twilight ones possessed each ability like mindreading/predicting future/making scrambled eggs and so on

So what im trying to say Edward is so pu$$y he has to cheat to be strong (Defeating sunlight while reading mind is definitely a cheat)

02-05-2010 10:53 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008

The vampires in twillight are by far the weakest I have seen, the sparkling thing is quite rediculous, the films aren't vampire films they are romance films with "vampires" just moaning all the time

02-05-2010 14:44 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

a lot of vampires now a days in books/ show can go out into the sun , vampire diarys.

i think the books ok but don't like bella or edward
alcie or jasper lot cooler and more intersting story lines
02-05-2010 21:55 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » "Twilight" the Movie (Opinion about their vampire characters)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH