Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sieges » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sieges 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Juntao

images/avatars/avatar-171.jpg

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

Sieges Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would like to suggest an option for the person who initiates a siege to be able to select who joins the siege or at least be able to remove people from the siege.

Nothing is more frustrating than getting and hour away from a well balanced siege and the chance to gain some honour points and several of your clan members pile in and ruin it, or just piling in mobhanded right at the beginning.
03-24-2008 23:17 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But what if the siege starter has problems with the internet? He will have to fight alone.

And of course if someone who he doesn't like joins the siege then he'll remove him because he won't want him to get honour points.

I'm afraid this won't be implemented.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-24-2008 23:59 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You should rather get a better relationship with your clanmates Wink

03-25-2008 01:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

can be kinda hard when some dont even speak english
but can play just by knowing the layout from the polish version

i have the same problem if i play on polish servers
i just join to all sieges Tongue

03-25-2008 01:55 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Juntao

Thread Starter Thread Started by Juntao

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
You should rather get a better relationship with your clanmates Wink

If we have a clan and a clan leader and we follow their lead why would it be such a problem to have selection for sieges.

Better relationships are difficult when we don't all speak the same language in the same clan, we rely on clan messages to set the rules of a siege. All I am suggesting is an option for siege instigator or clan leader / deputy the power to eject people from a siege, particularly if that person has unbalanced a siege.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Juntao: 03-26-2008 21:58.

03-26-2008 21:09 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Juntao

What if?

Try giving it some serious thought instead of just slapping the idea down.

And...what was the third warning for???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Juntao: 03-26-2008 21:59.

03-26-2008 21:10 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Juntao

That is unbelievably obtuse. If they can't join they can't join.

You know, I can't even be bothered to waste my time with a cretin like you.
03-27-2008 12:45 Juntao is offline Search for Posts by Juntao Add Juntao to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

erm, Juntao... Who are you arguing with? Tongue

03-27-2008 12:57 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I am sorry to do this Juntao; you have just posted 3 posts in a row, and that is multiposting. I see that you have already got 3 warnings, so goodbye.

03-27-2008 13:54 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

what about a screen like in expeditions
where people join and then there are accepted into siege by either the starter or the clan leader ???
or when someone start siege they have a screen that they can disable certain people from joining ???
You gotta remember its just a game and people have lives outside of the underworld, some cant understand messages due to language barriers, others due to being drunk as a skunk :/ which is why we need some control, all we can do is reprimand people or kick them from clan.

03-27-2008 15:04 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

We (BoS) had a problem with this in the past, but nowadays I can say that all our members know when to join a siege. No further control necessary.
Cool

03-29-2008 08:42 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007
Race in game: Cultist

lol this is all true if you want a good clan with no fuss with sieges join BoS we have it all under raps Smile

i think this because of the amount of comunication from within the clan... if u dont have comunication then it doesnt work

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-02-2008 00:29 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
VonBudde

Registration Date: 04-11-2008

The whole system with gaining honor points by sieges is ridicules.

IF We assume, that clans are enemies to each others, why We need to pre-arrange/pre-set/ Our lineups before going to the battlefield?

In war, it won't happen, in sports, it's illegal.

If it's in the game in order to prevent big clans to crush smaller clans, Iam quite positive, that there are other ways to make attacking against smaller clans less atractive.
04-28-2008 13:00 VonBudde is offline Search for Posts by VonBudde Add VonBudde to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
IF We assume, that clans are enemies to each others, why We need to pre-arrange/pre-set/ Our lineups before going to the battlefield?
In war, it won't happen, in sports, it's illegal

Actually, it ancient times, wars were organised well in advance of the conflict; with opposing generals often maintaining an almost perverse level communication to ensure that the battle remained equal until defeat (which was normally surrender).

Apologies for the history lesson - but I think the way the game is designed for clan wars means that a certain level of organisation is neccesary... of course that doesn't rule out some of the more inventive ways to swing a battle in your favour! Tongue

Secondly, in what sports is it illegal to name & decide on your team before you arrive at the game/match/event??? Confused

It can be annoying when people screw up a siege, but as Diablo says, communication & rule enforcement by a clan leader can soon nip that in the bud. If a clan leader can't discipline his/her clan members, then he/she doesn't deserve to be in charge of a clan... power denotes responsibility & all that. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-28-2008 14:22 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

I still kind of like the idea of being abl eto remove unwanted players from a siege purely because of the language barrier that exists in many of the clans, but as Diablo said, with a bit of co-ordination, planning and leadership you can really cut this down to a minimum. Having an active BoS forum has really helped us stay on top of things and share information.

I would like to add another small suggestion in a similar vain which might help in PoH sieges - A simple running total of players points that have joined would dramatically simplify working out how strong each siege party is. The alternative is getting a pen and paper out and continually monitoring who is in and how many points they have. Its pretty tiresome but the only relaible way to predict an even fight. Why not make this part of the system?

Just a thought - Probably never gonna be implemeneted though! Big Grin

04-28-2008 17:25 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
A simple running total of players points that have joined would dramatically simplify working out how strong each siege party is.

Now that is a stroke of genius! Well in. I second that as a good idea - Szeszej can we get a ruling on that one please - it's a good idea, and surely wouldn't be deperately hard to implement - you get a total on the expo page. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-28-2008 18:56 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

expo page is lvl; anyway i consider this a great idea and support it Smile

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
04-28-2008 19:33 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Sieges

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH