Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Blood sower stuff » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Blood sower stuff
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ral

Registration Date: 12-26-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Sanguin

Blood sower stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why exactly is blood sower stuff so sought after? I've done a search on the boards, but other than the merge thread, the only information I've found is that it goes for seriously high prices. So I'm wondering why? The stats I've seen are ok, or even good, but not much more so than other good stuff, just different. Does anyone know? Or did I just start a collapse in prices? Big Grin
03-26-2008 22:47 Ral is offline Search for Posts by Ral Add Ral to your Buddy List
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

RE: Blood sower stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BECAUSE IT IS ONE OR ONLY SUFFIX THAT GIVE + DAMAGE AND AGILITY
03-26-2008 23:10 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

assassin maybe???

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-26-2008 23:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You mean Death Sower suffix? It gives damage, agility and defence, a real multi-purpose item.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-27-2008 00:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

corr just imagine if its possible a elvish cape of death sower i wonder how much thats worth Red Face lol

L.O.D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GodLike: 03-27-2008 00:54.

03-27-2008 00:54 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Probably priceless... But not for me Smile I need defence for my tattoo.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-27-2008 00:58 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

The 'family' seems to go;

Theif (agility + damage)

Assassin (like theif, but just better)

Then

Death Sower (even better, but Enter The Drawback. You wouldn't catch a Monk or 'Zerker using one and you'll suffer against a gunner).

There are more damage boosters (like Guard), but they don't boost agility. The best damage boost is Caligula, but it does nothing else but a damage boost.

Arguably Speed too for the extra attacks, but again no frills attached and Speed drops criticals.

I used my first Mergestone to upgrade Cape of Theif to Cape of Assassin and it made a big difference. Theoretically there was a lot more I could do with that stone but none within my reach.

As for with a prefix, I vote Deadly x of Death Sower the greatest sacrifice for power in the game.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-27-2008 03:58 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

weapon damage will be good but your defence and toughness will drop so much

i do like the prefix but we allways have to think about the stat requirements will be just to high but i predic a weapon damager of about 20 on normal

L.O.D
03-27-2008 08:02 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

there is no reason why zerker and monk can't use death sower suffix, they use suicide or vengeance weapons anyway.

Death sower is simply really good for black knights, i guess that's why it is so expensive

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
03-27-2008 12:23 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Basic economics.
Death Sower is rare so the supply is low.
It is a very good suffix so the demand is high.

Conclusion: The price is high. Smile

03-27-2008 15:05 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
The 'family' seems to go;

Theif (agility + damage)

Assassin (like theif, but just better)

Then

Death Sower (even better, but Enter The Drawback. You wouldn't catch a Monk or 'Zerker using one and you'll suffer against a gunner).

There are more damage boosters (like Guard), but they don't boost agility. The best damage boost is Caligula, but it does nothing else but a damage boost.

Arguably Speed too for the extra attacks, but again no frills attached and Speed drops criticals.

I used my first Mergestone to upgrade Cape of Theif to Cape of Assassin and it made a big difference. Theoretically there was a lot more I could do with that stone but none within my reach.

As for with a prefix, I vote Deadly x of Death Sower the greatest sacrifice for power in the game.

Shirt of Orchid (+3)
Effects: PERCEPTION -3, AGILITY -3, all weapons damage +17, defence -13

Shirt of Death Sower (+3)
Effects: AGILITY +11, TOUGHNESS -4, all weapons damage +13, defence +9

Shirt of Caligula (+3)
Effects: all weapons damage +11, defence +13

Shirt of Centurion (+3)
Effects: all weapons damage +9, defence +13

Shirt of Assassin (+3)
Effects: AGILITY +8, all weapons damage +6

Shirt of Cobra (+3)
Effects: AGILITY +6, all weapons damage +6, defence +4

and lower still you have
guard
guardsman
and thief

03-27-2008 15:20 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
there is no reason why zerker and monk can't use death sower suffix, they use suicide or vengeance weapons anyway.

Death sower is simply really good for black knights, i guess that's why it is so expensive

You aren't looking at the drawback. Deathsower increases defence (useless) and lowers TOUGHNESS, the only defence 'Zerker and Monk have.

Also, guns ignore Defence and only go off Toughness so you're sacrficing life span for damage. It's all about balance, if you can outdamage them it's worth it (although you have to regenerate more afterwards, something else to consider).

A Deadly Hard Hat I found on a quest at the beggining of the game did me a LOT of good. I sacrificed defence for +10 damage and I outperformed pretty much everyone at my level with it but now I've chosen to go Monk it's taken a back seat for certian opponants only.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-27-2008 16:45 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ral

Registration Date: 12-26-2007
Clan: Sanguin

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ral

Ah, that'd be why then. Must admit, never seen comparative items list like the one posted by Azz420 before (thank you very much Smile ) and that does clear it up quite nicely combined with rarity of course. Excellent, thank you all Smile
03-27-2008 17:28 Ral is offline Search for Posts by Ral Add Ral to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Blood sower stuff

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH