Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Annoyance » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Annoyance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Annoyance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why are people with over 200 points allowed to attack me when i have 42 points? i think this rule should be changed. I mean, just look at this message(click)

Am i seriously supposed to stand a chance against that?!? What can be gleaned from ambushing someone that much lower than yourself? It cant be the resources or exp because they were all very low. "Ermantil bit into enemy`s neck and sucked out 4 experience pts. minibob paid ransom of 3986 Lgo, 123 litres of blood and gave 12282 prisoners."

I would also like to note that i have also been ambushed by Gendibal (180 points above me) but he explained that this was for the blood, of which i had very little. Has this happened to anyone else, and will this rule ever be changed??
03-29-2008 21:05 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: L.O.D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

one of the mods will explain some thing like 0.7 = bla bla

L.O.D
03-29-2008 21:40 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
liamb1992
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by liamb1992
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that rule is a bit daft though, surely they could make it a bit more even? its a bit unfair when people with 200 more points than me ambush me then claim they 'wanted blood' or whatever
03-29-2008 21:46 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

i no how u feel, i keep gettin ambushed by lv 40+ wen im lv 34, i dont stand a chance, yeh im ok with the 0.7 rule but cant their be boundries to this??
for example http://r1.bloodwars.net/?a=msg&do=view&mid=5656656&type=2 wat am i meant to do against a lv 45???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 03-29-2008 22:06.

03-29-2008 22:05 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

mate, its a dead link, but i agree with you. Surely it couldnt be that hard to alter the rule slightly?
03-29-2008 22:08 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

Maybe they could change it to 0.8 or something?

Personally i don't mind getting ambushed because i only can ever get ambushed once every 90 mins is it?

And by that time whatever i lost in resources tend to have been acumilated back by my buildings.

EDIT: or if possibly, they could change the % of resources gained by people in ambushes

attacking people within 5 points of yourself = the normal rate
attacking people between 6-10 points of yourself = 20%
attacking people between 11-15 points of yourself = 10%

And anything further then that just keeps at 10%
It would definately stop player farming

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrimTale: 03-29-2008 22:59.

03-29-2008 22:57 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
GodLike

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?titl...e_to_attack_who

it says every thing you need to know here

L.O.D
03-29-2008 23:25 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

Well duh einstein we've all read the tutorial, what this thread is about is complaining at the point difference range of attackers and attackees

03-30-2008 09:14 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
liamb1992
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by GrimTale
EDIT: or if possibly, they could change the % of resources gained by people in ambushes

I like that idea Big Grin It would encourage people with 200 points not to go for people with 40-50 points 'for blood'
03-30-2008 10:24 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

To be honest, I think that that idea has a huge flaw. Take Cesarz for ezample, He is 41 points ahead of 2nd place Blodsugare, so when he attacks him, how much resources will he get? Hardly anything at the rate you are saying. So he wont be able to get any from other people, so he will have to make it all himself, and that is not really possible. It is ok when you are a lower level, because there arent any gaps between say 11 and 13 points, there is practically always somebody in the point between them. But in higher levels there are huge point gapy between people.

03-30-2008 10:54 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
liamb1992
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by liamb1992
quote:
Originally posted by GrimTale

I like that idea Big Grin It would encourage people with 200 points not to go for people with 40-50 points 'for blood'

well, instead of points substitute in 'places in the rankings' That system would still be a lot fairer than the current one, and to be honest there will be flaws in any system.
03-30-2008 10:58 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i understand Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wat annoys me is the advice to level up quikly is to attack ppl higher than you
say u do well at tht a few times and then one time you get a bad result
from tht time on ull be getting farmed by tht person
i know as its happend on countless occasions to me and ive been able to do nothing bout it
it does need changing but whos going to listen to us is the question
03-30-2008 13:16 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
Take Cesarz for ezample, He is 41 points ahead of 2nd place Blodsugare, so when he attacks him, how much resources will he get? It is ok when you are a lower level, because there arent any gaps between say 11 and 13 points, there is practically always somebody in the point between them. But in higher levels there are huge point gapy between people.

Then maybe what really ought to be looked at here is a balancing in progression ..... shouldn't a game remain competitive for the top places as it is further down the lists. But as you say, the further up the lists you get, the easier it seems to be to maintain your position (and increase the gaps between players).

As has been said many times in the past, what incentive is there for new players to continue when they realise that they CANNOT POSSIBLY attain the top slots (realistically, without inactives and players leaving through boredom, the top 50 - 100 is near enough unattainable even now)

Maybe a server timer (This game will reset in x months) would work, that way multiple games could be run concurrently and there would always be a 'new player friendly' game just started or near to starting.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 13:26.

03-30-2008 13:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

problem with that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

however theres the new update coming soon ish or already come i cant rememeber about act 2

but i remember roughly tht when you get 50 points youll be able to go to second act and when you choose to go there you cant come back
thing is whos gonna go when theyve got a gold mine of players to farm from
i sed il be back with it and here it is

Patch 1.1

SECOND ACT
- Together with reaching 50 level and completing ALL pilgrimages your character will be able to move to the second act.
- It won't be possible to go back to the first act!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 03-30-2008 14:09.

03-30-2008 14:05 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

RE: problem with that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Aidensixx
however theres the new update coming soon ish or already come i cant rememeber about act 2

but i remember roughly tht when you get 50 points youll be able to go to second act and when you choose to go there you cant come back
thing is whos gonna go when theyve got a gold mine of players to farm from
i sed il be back with it and here it is

Patch 1.1

SECOND ACT
- Together with reaching 50 level and completing ALL pilgrimages your character will be able to move to the second act.
- It won't be possible to go back to the first act!

But they're not taking out the interraction between Act 1 and Act 2, so technically the Act 2 players can still farm from the Act 1 players so there is really no change apart from having access to the legendary weapons (of mass destruction?)

03-30-2008 14:28 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

RE: problem with that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I think that rule is a bit daft though, surely they could make it a bit more even? its a bit unfair when people with 200 more points than me ambush me then claim they 'wanted blood' or whatever

thing is the ppl with 200 points more than the guys being attacked move to act 2 get there legendery weapons and as you said they cause ridiculous amounts more damage and so can farm the lower guys even easier than before

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal

But they're not taking out the interraction between Act 1 and Act 2, so technically the Act 2 players can still farm from the Act 1 players so there is really no change apart from having access to the legendary weapons (of mass destruction?)

can u see what im getting at
03-30-2008 14:34 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

As someone picked on Cezarz, my growth was much easier when I was ranked 15-20 than now (ranked 10)
That time the XP I gained through combat was 120 in most cases when I attacked a player higher than me. Now, when I get attacked by Cezarz he only gets a few XP (literally 4-20) so his growth is slowed down.
I attack lower players for blood or when there is nobody higher to ambush. And of course people attack me, wheres the problem?

03-30-2008 14:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

One question on that .......... If growth is slowed as you get higher, why do the points differences extend between top players as time goes on?

03-30-2008 14:42 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

points gap Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

im gonna go with at tht point they are very capable of killing white dragons and higher on theyr own
03-30-2008 14:43 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scillage
To be honest, I think that that idea has a huge flaw. Take Cesarz for ezample, He is 41 points ahead of 2nd place Blodsugare, so when he attacks him, how much resources will he get? Hardly anything at the rate you are saying. So he wont be able to get any from other people, so he will have to make it all himself, and that is not really possible. It is ok when you are a lower level, because there arent any gaps between say 11 and 13 points, there is practically always somebody in the point between them. But in higher levels there are huge point gapy between people.

Well maybe as Gendibal said this is what the server needs to rebalance and slow down and minimise the gaps in the top rankings.

Since I started playing in November ive moved from rank 19 thousand and something to 115.

I now climb the ranks by 2/3 per day and its getting slower and slower.

And I know that unless Im playing on this server for years, I will never catch up with the big guns no matter how hard I try or how well I do.

Yes, its disheartening. Now that I dont really have the ranks to play for, I'm focusing on moving up zones and getting badges.

03-30-2008 15:35 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

i agree with artoir
yeh its taking time to get to the next point and ill never catch up with them realistically
but yeh all tht the top 1000 to top 50 or so can do is work towards getting badges
03-30-2008 15:45 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Unfortunately this is also something that has been gone over in other threads countless times with no satisfactory answers.

The usual generic answers that are given are:

"We don't see the problem"
"The game was meant to be like that"
"It works in Moria"

and even

"Well, I had a good laught here" (this was a certain development team member showing a severe lack of professionalism in dealing with player concerns)

The developers are not interested in balancing the servers up unfortunately, they are simply interested in keeping Moria up to speed, and the rest of us can just make do with the leftovers.

03-30-2008 16:03 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

possible answer Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

they dont see problem because theyve got there
u get to top of sumthing then you will end up hearing complaints about the stuff u forgot about
the stuff that was affecting you at the start but now youre the cause of complaints every1 else can go to hell it seems like
and the well i had a good laugh there
perfect example in my opinion of what im trying to say

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 03-30-2008 16:08.

03-30-2008 16:07 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

I guess as far as balance is concerned for myself and the other mid-ranked players, its too late for this server.

Even if they stopped all progress of the top 10 (which I'm not suggesting in case anyone wants to give off), the gap that has been allowed to grow is already too large to catch up for a long time.

I wouldn't call for a reset of the server because even though I'm only at 60 points, I'd be gutted to lose all my progress, so I'm sure the 100 odd above me in the rankings would be even more so.

Personally the only thing I'm really hoping for is that this server will fill (which isn't going to happen given the current state of affairs) and another UK server will be made where myself and anyone else outside the top 10/20 have a chance to compete.

03-30-2008 16:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

A lot of the problems I have seen developing for the lower players weren't a problem 6 months or so ago ...... they've come about as a result of the devs rebalancing the system for Moria, and then making the leap of logic that 'because it worked in Moria, it must work everywhere else' ........ but ignoring the fact that they have rebalanced it to a point FAR in advance of the other servers players, in effect taking away parts of the functionality that these players have paid for within the game.

quote:

Just a quick heads up as to the situation that necessitates the sort of attack you're talking about .......

HIT POINTS 72 / 611
BLOOD POINTS 0 / 192

And this is not a rare occurrence, nor is it confined to me ...... so when they say in messages that they were after blood, you can probably figure it as a situation similar to this (Can't realistically hit people around you without arcana support, and building up enough blood for attacks requires your victim to actually have some, no matter how little.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 16:22.

03-30-2008 16:16 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Even if they were to use the same patches, would it not make more sense to implement them when R1 catches up chronologically?

Eg.

Patch 1.1 implemented 4 months after Polish server created

Instead of implementing it on the UK server at the same time, wait until UK server is 4 months old?

Disclaimer: All patch numbers, times and names are fictional used purely for the example

03-30-2008 16:20 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

thing is Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just think about it like this
if artoir has 60 points atm and ive got 14 points and both of us are complaining think whatll happen when im his sort of level
but yeh i totally agree with lets hope we get this server filled up and they open a new one
03-30-2008 16:23 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

When you reach 60 points you'll probably still be on these boards every day, trying and failing to get the Powers That Be to take notice, going over the same issues day in, day out in a thousand different threads.

03-30-2008 16:29 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

i hear you there Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think only difference will be ive learned more and can be more helpful to others and tht ill have more to complain about
at least im voicing my opinion now normally ill just complain to myself
mite aswell be doing tht or talking to a brick wall
03-30-2008 16:32 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Even if they were to use the same patches, would it not make more sense to implement them when R1 catches up chronologically?

Eg.

Patch 1.1 implemented 4 months after Polish server created

Instead of implementing it on the UK server at the same time, wait until UK server is 4 months old?

Disclaimer: All patch numbers, times and names are fictional used purely for the example

Again thats something that was covered in a couple of the game system threads with little or no comprehension from the admins and devs of even the most basic and fundamental ideas behind the concerns

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-30-2008 16:42.

03-30-2008 16:42 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

New message(click)

Getting sick of this, why the sudden epedemic? is anyone else being attacked by people way above your own level, or are they all just picking on me

EDIT

why is there very little blood left in the underworld now? i am near bankrupcy (blood wise) and so seem to be a lot of the big-guns, this is in another thread, however its connected to this thread also.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by liamb1992: 03-30-2008 19:56.

03-30-2008 19:50 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Aidensixx
Lord

not just you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not just you theyr getting
its just not all the ppl can be bothered to complain as they know tht it wont do nething
we however know nothing will change as 'everything is fine' but try neway
03-30-2008 20:01 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Even taxi 3 at 3000l of blood is out of reach for most people in the top 100 - 200 at the moment ...... not a good state of affairs

03-31-2008 00:07 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

got one too

And the ranking is 14, Big Grin
03-31-2008 02:44 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Sender: XXXXXXXXXX
Message title: Re: hello
Send date: 2008-03-30 22:44:32
Well I need every drop I can get you have more chance as you can attack lower
than I can if it's not flowing down there then this game is on it's last legs.

I will leave you alone for a while I would attack lower peeps but can only
attack down to Rank 150 so it's not personal I have to get blood from some
where.

i kept getting attacked by a higher ranked player all i did was just message them and ask them to lay off for a while as i didnt have any blood...

i can see exactly where they are coming from but instead of just moaning about it just ask them to stop... most players i have asked are perfectly reasonable and will apologise....

ill put it this way... if we (us mid ranked players) are having trouble with bloodjust think how the higher ranked people are feeling because they cant farm the inactives for blood like we can... at 1 point i even attacked diablo to give him some blood when i had 10k plus....

yes it is an annoyance but it may be a necessary one

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 03-31-2008 02:59.

03-31-2008 02:56 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
GodLike

i got attacked by some one called king nosser yesterday hes well out of my own level lol hes level 59 im only level 42

click

L.O.D
03-31-2008 10:15 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Artoir.
Avenger

Were all getting farmed now, but im not going to give off because I know I'm going to have to do the same in a month or so as blood's running dry =/

03-31-2008 10:43 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
bobalob57
Viking

the situation has really got out of hand, looking at a task seige yesterday against spies i saw that several people were missing hitpoints or bloodpoints, with caprio having less than 100, its the same lowerdown as well, getting a few litres of blood is becoming increasingly more commen, an this is in the top 500 nevermind the top 200

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 03-31-2008 10:47.

03-31-2008 10:46 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
GodLike

babolob your dead right mate there should be some thing done about this situation because blood is as you said is etting out of hand were meant to be vampires for god sake we need BLOOD!

L.O.D
03-31-2008 12:45 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
bobalob57
Viking

one thing i think might help is when you ambush somebody you get a base amount of blood no matter what, as when you bit into their neck you would not just suck out experiance but blood as well, unless someones about to tell me that vampires have experiance, not blood courcing through their veins Tongue
03-31-2008 13:04 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Annoyance

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH