Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What TYPE of player are you, regarding squares. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What TYPE of player are you, regarding squares.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

What TYPE of player are you, regarding squares. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I broadly see two types of player when it comes to squares. I'm not out to condemn or sell either type, I think it just adds to your role playing character in how you play.

SCAVENGER

Preying on other vampires to take what you want from the weak. A Scaveneger exclusively takes better squares off other players. They fight to dominate.

SELF SUFFICENT

A loner that prefers to rely on themselves, not others and especially not their enemies. They build their own squares from sctratch and carve out their niche. They fight to protect their own.

I'm Self Sufficent, and usually biased because of it Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-31-2008 23:28 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmm its a little unfair to put it like that, for example when i move zones or lose my squire, i try to get one thats better, but then i dig myself in and improve it
03-31-2008 23:39 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hehehe - nice thought; I'm pretty sure I'm "self-sufficient" as well. Evil

But I would add, what about the clan aspect of BW real estate? My square is my territory; but also helps me help my clan-mates, & vice versa - are there any "scavengers" out there that feel that way?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-31-2008 23:39 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

I've presented it very black and white, but I wanted to present it as simply as possible.

Extremes are just that, extremes. The majority of people live in the gray areas but should tend to lean in one direction.

For example, my partner in crime in this game is called Agresiel and he's a through and through scavenger while I refuse to take anyone elses square off them and build from scratch, not even renovating an inactive players square.

But it is an extra layer to the RP side of this G and I hadn't seem it talked about elsewhere.

03-31-2008 23:45 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

self sufficient even if I have taken other inactive vampire square for task purpose becaus enone of my clan mate wanted my square, and felt a square in zone 4 shouldn't be deleted.
04-01-2008 10:31 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I would say I'm a Scavenger, I just don't have the time to build up a square from scratch and get the resources...

I'm not ashamed of it at all; the whole idea of this game is to fight with other vampires to DOMINATE the city Wink

04-01-2008 11:06 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Well i built my zone 5 square from scratch, and the zone 4 square i took had the basics such as armoury, slaughterhouse etc, mind you not very high levels.

There were better squares but i decided I'd have more pride in it if i put alot of effort in.

However. given the lack of resources currently, when i move to zone 3 I'll be looking for the best I can find Wink

04-01-2008 11:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I was self sufficient until it became obvious that method was costing me too much in lgo and resources to continue playing at the rate I was losing squares.

04-01-2008 12:55 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: L.O.D

SELF SUFFICENT me Smile

and scillage has a good point

also ive only scavanged once its not very nice lol Smile

L.O.D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GodLike: 04-01-2008 16:37.

04-01-2008 16:36 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

definate scavenger lol, you to play to win in this game, either kill or be killed

iv had my fair share of bad luck with gelux or dr green thumb taking my square and constant raids on my resources back in the day and i still have the odd costumer raiding my square now, but its also how people develop. can any one seriously deny if you had a source where you could gain 60 xp twice a day an retain decent resources would you stop attacking that person??

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-01-2008 16:48 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
GodLike

to be honest no i wouldnt stop attacking that person for resourses and experiance to be honest lol so fine im a scavanger i try to take glory but it never fulfills Smile

L.O.D
04-01-2008 16:56 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

another point to consider is the huge prices to upgrade (not complaining about it)

for example
BODYGUARD AGENCY (LEVEL 13)
Modern mercenaries. Here you can find someone to do your dirty work. In exchange for protection agency provides additional support during ambushes against neighbours.

Effect: +611 to HP during attack, all weapons damage +13 during ambush

UPGRADE TO LEVEL 14
Costs: 495 229 Lgo, 49 523 people
Requirements: REPUTATION: 92, INTELLIGENCE: 70
Building time: 42 min. 48 sec.
Effect: +47 to HP during attack, all weapons damage +1 during ambush

if you found a nice square with someone who is in a weaker clan then i can image someone going for that square, rather than face the possibility of upgrading from scratch which costs a bomb

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-01-2008 18:52 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Self-sufficient Smile

I build my Zone 5,4 and 3 squares myself and I'm going to do the same in Zone 2 (I think)

04-01-2008 19:47 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

Me too, i'm SELF SUFFICENT.

Can't trust anyone but yourself =D

04-01-2008 20:36 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
GodLike

no i dont think nowones self sufficant in this game because in sieges mainly if your attacking you will pick on lower clans for honour points you will level it up every ones a scavanger in this game the will do what ever it takes to get to the number 1 spot in the ranking i admitt i dont care about anyone else on this game accept me geting the number one spot and being the strongest in the game thats what evyone wants

in my eyes if your self sufficant and you run out of resources then you will keep swaping zones from 1 2 3 4 5 to get them back and keep sieging on open squares and keep on building your building constantly

L.O.D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GodLike: 04-01-2008 21:20.

04-01-2008 21:10 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
can any one seriously deny if you had a source where you could gain 60 xp twice a day an retain decent resources would you stop attacking that person??

Kralen - I am shocked at such a gratuitous comment! Tongue

I take pleasure in being a gentleman vampire - maybe its because I look like I got an octopus growing out of my face? Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-01-2008 22:37 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by GodLike
no i dont think nowones self sufficant in this game because in sieges mainly if your attacking you will pick on lower clans for honour points you will level it up every ones a scavanger in this game the will do what ever it takes to get to the number 1 spot in the ranking i admitt i dont care about anyone else on this game accept me geting the number one spot and being the strongest in the game thats what evyone wants

in my eyes if your self sufficant and you run out of resources then you will keep swaping zones from 1 2 3 4 5 to get them back and keep sieging on open squares and keep on building your building constantly

That's why I sepcified squares Tongue

Looks like I'm about to start afresh sooner rather then later too. Armand_croix has decided they like the looks of my square, and there's nothing on it!

Bet he whines like a little b**** about it too Tongue Tough crap if you're completely useless at this game.

Speaking of useless, I think the entire Croix clan are due a good farming...

04-02-2008 01:52 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

I think that I have both of those "personalities". It is a drag to build your square especially if you are not an absorber but I can do it and protect it with my clan. On the other hand if I want a square I won't stop until I'll conquer it. I still remember the beginning of the server when Azz had 3 sieges in a row from me Big Grin It ended with a patch that has gives an advantage to the defender. He can hire mercenaries at the 1st phase but the invader can't.

04-02-2008 16:29 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007

i must say im a true scavenger.

when i see a good square i dont rest until it is mine! Big Grin
04-03-2008 19:56 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007
Clan: BoS

well me i did take it from a clan enemy back in the day Bringers of doom was around but from then on ive poured alot into this sq and kralen the cost for your body guard agency isnt as high as my building im upgrading next 1.3million logo its gonna cost me for ma slaughter house Shocked

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by deathstar: 04-06-2008 03:09.

04-06-2008 03:09 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by deathstar
well me i did take it from a clan enemy back in the day Bringers of doom was around but from then on ive poured alot into this sq and kralen the cost for your body guard agency isnt as high as my building im upgrading next 1.3million logo its gonna cost me for ma slaughter house Shocked

When blood is rarer then gold.... Tongue

04-06-2008 15:09 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What TYPE of player are you, regarding squares.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH