Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » War!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Attention War!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The main themes of the boards and game over the past few months have consisted of the following:

"I have no blood Frown "

"Quit farming me!"

"Your clan stole my square Mad "

"I don't want to pay for something I don't like"

I think most players will agree the mood on these forums and somewhat ingame has been nothing but glum recently

I was reading over some old, old posts from this time last year and the game seemed ALOT more fun.

The reasons for this that i could gather in the hour or so were these:

-Players treated the game, as a GAME

-Wars and type 1 sieges were seen as an integral part of the game and something to take part in (both in defense and offense) and enjoy

-There wasn't as much agro between Devs and Players

As well as a few others

We need to start approaching the game much more light heartedly guys, same applies to you too Devs Tongue

Now I know there's going to be lots and lots of people that are going to go "You are wrong, ..." and "I don't agree that.." either because they're taking it all too seriously or they browse the forum daily looking for arguments.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 04-08-2008 13:58.

04-07-2008 23:10 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are wrong Wink

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
04-07-2008 23:12 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to be as lighthearted as my heart permits Wink

04-08-2008 00:05 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Hehehe - I'm always up for some fun - or have you forgotten my naked brawling suggestion?
bare fist fighting Tongue

What do you have in mind Artoir? Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-08-2008 00:51 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008

i think this game is highly addictive if were still playing the game every second you spend on it your having fun Smile i am

i start a new one i get a warning for it
04-08-2008 00:58 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Thread Starter Thread Started by Artoir.

Cthulhu no I haven't forgotten your suggestion, nor have I forgotten all the other fantastic ideas for wars, competitions and tournaments that were suggested here a while ago, but all seemed to die on their back side as more in game problems arose.

One of the threads I was looking at was the EOD VS DB post.

Whilst some of the arguments seemed to get out of hand (a reference to an infamous dictator in one case), the players seemed to be having alot more fun.

Even the big guns like Gendi and Lis admitted it.

Perhaps something like this is needed.

Now I'm not shooting down the great ideas that have been brought up before, but those involving either extra code or alot of typing and editting aren't going to happen if all the mod's time and alot of gamer time is spent arguing over resources.

I propose an all out war between the top 10 clans and any others that wish to join.

And I don't mean all type 1 sieges, this is supposed to be fun guys.

And for those worried about the likes of COI and DB steamrolling everyone, EOD learnt after a while that doesnt work as there's always a bigger fish Wink

Even for just a week or so, alliances are put to one side and it's a free for all.

04-08-2008 09:39 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Ooooh; I like this idea - it panders to the war-monger in me. Bring on the war! Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-08-2008 13:53 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Thread Starter Thread Started by Artoir.

Everyone loves war, its just some are worried about losing their squares and resources.

Come on guys

Lets put the server into mayhem for a few days

Clan leaders, start encouraging your members to siege siege siege!!!

04-08-2008 13:56 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

yeh, people should also start wars on the board, for example 2 clans agree to fight, and they both get as many people in as possible. cthulhu i like your post of bare fist fighting, pm me and we could sort sumthing out Tongue

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 04-08-2008 14:40.

04-08-2008 14:39 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

A war would be clas, but there will be those who would disregard the rules set aside and seige 4 squares, still good idea tho Big Grin
04-13-2008 18:40 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

i agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

itd be a brillaint idea
but yeah therd be a load of ppl complaining about losing sqaures but for it to work properly it couldnt work with type 1 seiges in my opinion anyway
itd end up worse thn b4 resources wise if tht happened
so yeah if it could be arranged id be well up for this idea
04-13-2008 19:25 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » War!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH