Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » shirken of vengence who wants one? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page shirken of vengence who wants one?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

shirken of vengence who wants one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

who wants a shiriken of vengence now its got - perception it was an item that i wanted so much before it had that on it but who would use it now i wouldnt ?

i start a new one i get a warning for it
04-09-2008 01:32 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

RE: shirken of vengence who wants one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's slightly better at hitting thanks to its +hit modifier.

Guns ignore defence anyway, so the Vengence drawback doesn't effect how much damage guns cause if you're still getting hit by them (although dodging would have been nice a dedicated gunner should still be hitting you).

It only does worse against other ranged weapon users in a fight.

It's been given a unique identity instead being the only ranged weapon worth having. True, this may mean you want to use a different ranged weapon that suits you more but that's sort of the point.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-09-2008 03:49 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

merge Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

merge maybe its useful for a merging
04-09-2008 09:28 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cf patch thread, it has gotten better against melee, and you need another suffix in siege or against gunner
04-09-2008 13:21 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's worse against melee and worse against gunners. The 'efective' chance to hit is lower by 5 for melee at (+5) and by 63 at (+5) for gunners.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 04-09-2008 14:03.

04-09-2008 13:54 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

sure but critics are more effective (since shuriken of vengeance have high damage contrary to reaction ones)
04-09-2008 14:34 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

yes but Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wat u need to see is tht gunner only use perception to measure chance to hit
chance to hit is your perception take thers time 3
losing 21 perception means you chance to hit against gunners is down by 63
hence why its now considered rubbish
04-09-2008 15:41 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Originally posted by Mlarinon
sure but critics are more effective (since shuriken of vengeance have high damage contrary to reaction ones)

The damage remained untouched, so the criticals are the same.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-09-2008 16:04 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

so the players who are using shuricens will be whooped both by mele (lower agility than pure mele fighet) and by gunners (lower perception = lower hit chance)

well that's rubbish in so many ways.... since quite most of the players within ranking 50 to 200 are in most cases shooters someone who got shuricens of vengance (a one of only few considerable weapons for ranged players) is in a straight path to extincion

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 04-10-2008 21:08.

04-10-2008 21:08 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
theheraldofogc
Viking

Depends on how you play. If a Shuriken of Vengence lets you win a damage race in an ambush then by all means use it.

Vengence is ALL about sacrificing your own safety for damage. If that doesn't suit your style of play then use one of the different Suffixes.

04-11-2008 01:48 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

well gladly i'm not using rangd weapons but i was fightning with shuriken playing type players and without perception minus they where slight harder to kill, now... i'm slapping their buts however i want...

Personal opinion. This weapon from nice one turn to a disaster.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 04-11-2008 10:50.

04-11-2008 10:50 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Death reaper

well im a assassin so im not adviced to use a ranged weapon but it is a bit of a bummer for people who have tattos for rangers because vengence (ranged) was a wicked item untill this happened (smaller perception penalty) they call it - 16 -23 a small penalty geez

i start a new one i get a warning for it
04-11-2008 11:17 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Vengeance only works with one tattoo - Demon lord and with just one of them, so there are no tattoos usable with vengeance.

04-11-2008 12:22 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Clan: Source

well before this patch shuriken of vengeance was seriously powerfull.

At Good you get 6/7 attacks of 50 damage per round, there wasnt really anything to stand up to it :S

Glad they powered it down a bit, but they seem to want to stomp out ranged as that perception penalty is ridiculous.
04-11-2008 12:36 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Aidensixx
Lord

agreed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was far too powerful and needed taking down a bit
but not tht much
i mean when i herd bout patch i was quite happy easier to find guns and vengence going down a bit
but then we find out how much its been weakened
and atm the next decent ranged weapon ther talking about is the heavy crossbow
requirements for tht are not tht fu
so as of yet i still trying to see wether u can take down a golem (have to get there first) with a heavy crossbow of wolf/reaction or dryad
04-11-2008 12:44 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Clan: Source

there isnt really a point to complaining, why would they do anything about it? the Admins hardly ever log on anyway Mad

good luck with the Golem though Smile
04-11-2008 12:47 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Aidensixx
Lord

cheers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeh well its tht or it stays with us and we complain to ourselves
may aswell try
but yeh still gotta get the prior badges first
oh well at least i got sum PoH to try get my white dragon badge with
now to find sum1 who will help
04-11-2008 12:55 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

getting golem with that crossbow? oh my true... good luck with that ;] defense 300++ strenght 200++ and way over 7k hp
additional attack with crossbow well... lvl and stats requirements are just wicked ;]

But stay with those shurikens i think it's a little unfair for someone that use them and have a different tattoo than demon lords.

Assassins can use both one handed mele and two handed guns, they can deal huge dmg with their crits
Berserkers can also deal huge dmg with theirs tattoos that gives then additional attack and they can use the same mele eq like assasins shooters got plenty possibilities of choosing tattoo but like Diablo contribute only demon lord can benefit from those shurikens....

Agree that ppl who know how to build stats and eq for shurikens of vengance was awfuly strong at the time but lowering thier perception so much is just mean.

04-11-2008 20:55 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Aidensixx
Lord

rite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i may seem insane for trying but apparently they been made tons better so i wanna try em out as they apparently usable in expos now
also i herd sumwer u can kill a golem with a crossbow of xxx
but im still sum way of even trying it as i need other badges first
04-11-2008 22:33 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

ranged weapon might be really great Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When we will be able to wield them some of these weapons might kick the teeth out of the other vampires

Pilum of Reaction (+3)
Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 66 - 81
Effects: Hit +25, attacks per round: 2, PERCEPTION +9, AGILITY +10, chance for critical hit +21 %, weapon damage +11
Requirements: LEVEL: 50, STRENGTH: 62, AGILITY: 66, PERCEPTION: 43, INTELLIGENCE: 41, KNOWLEDGE: 52
04-18-2008 12:54 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

RE: ranged weapon might be really great Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

looks like an interesting weapon but who could wield it now?? dont even think the likes of Cesarz or Blodsugare could match those requirements

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-18-2008 13:48 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

I wouldn't be so sure the problem is level (I am only at 44) and more important strength which is really high and it is hard to have bonus for intelligence and wisdom + strength.
04-18-2008 14:14 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

requirements would be hard to match and wield to a good level, you probably wouldnt be able to wear a proper set of items onlt items so that you could wield it. has promise tho

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-18-2008 15:07 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

IMO the only problem to wield that is the level req. but you would prob need to be level 60+ to use it. To get the stats get a prefixed XXX of Concentration when the prefix gives a + to strength then get a strength boosting prefixed Ring/Signet of Youth and the other piece of jewellery complete the set and with a strength boosting suffix as well. then the agility should come with the armour/youth/headgear etc.

04-18-2008 17:05 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
theheraldofogc
Viking

You've got to remember that even the best of our server is at best middle of the league compared to Moria.

To use the best weapons is going to take a lot of hard work.

Don't forget the near mythical item that had a level requirement of over 100! With no cap in sight (and not even a Lord of Darkness yet) we're all pretty young Vampires at the moment Tongue

04-19-2008 02:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » shirken of vengence who wants one?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH