Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Assassin or Berserker for 1h melee Beastmaster? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Which 1h melee tattoo is better?
Assassin 24 58.54%
Zerker 17 41.46%
Total: 41 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Assassin or Berserker for 1h melee Beastmaster? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Assassin or Berserker for 1h melee Beastmaster? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ive started over from scratch, Im defanatly going 1h melee and im a Beastmaster but im really struggling to decide what tattoo path would be the best for me out of Assassin or Berserker. I know Berserker is all about the extra attack, the extra damage but with this comes no criticals and thats what an Assassin can take advantage of as they can get 30% critical from tattoos alone.

Any help with pro's and con's or even just saying what you would personally go for would be appreciated!

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 03-31-2010 17:54.

03-31-2010 17:52 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2h melee or 2h Gun

Easy choice Smile

Zerker because then you can use the BM Act2 arcana to its full potential and 2h melee is cooler Tongue mmm lovely crits Big Grin

03-31-2010 17:56 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: D.B.

RE: Assassin or Berserker for 1h melee Beastmaster? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Assasin is better Wink

crit chance + def ignore + more def than zerker makes it better race for 1h melee :p

and ofc more exp from *aura* :>

03-31-2010 17:58 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Murderous
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its only 6% more but i guess thats better than nothing lol, Im still liking the idea of being able to freely swap from 1h to 2h though Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

03-31-2010 18:04 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

assasins sounds good

have a gun set and melee set

melee for attack and some expos
guns for expos that you cannot hit with melee also assasin works well for hunting rifle, shotgun user because of crit you can get

03-31-2010 18:07 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Yeah i said to Sampollo about having a leg shotgun as a secondary set up but that would be expensive as id have to have a whole different set of armour and jewlerry etc where as Zerker it would just literally be a swap of weapons if the 2h melee wep doesnt require any more stats to equip Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

03-31-2010 18:11 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

trust me gunners start off really cheap just upgrading that cost so much lol its starts getting expensive after you reach act 2 when you want legendary

03-31-2010 18:16 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Good gunners dont start off cheaply lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

03-31-2010 18:18 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

okii lol

03-31-2010 18:20 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

bezaker casue the 2h hit% on legenary will be more usful
03-31-2010 20:39 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Im a assassin and sticking to it =P. I dont bother having a gunner set up no need really.

51% chance to crit plus 10% from Black Diamond giving 61% crit chance 20% defence ignored 8 attacks (or 10 in your case once your in act2) and a higher defence.. much prefer it to zerker where i have to use a suicide weapon..

If your wanting to go 2handed i would go black knight much better than a zerker IMO.. but id stick to assassin to start with till you have semi decent gear for a black knight switch

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Creed: 03-31-2010 20:57.

03-31-2010 20:56 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

Berserker is obviously the more powerful, but the +10% in experience as apposed to the 18% from assass/24% from black knight does tend to add up in the long run of doing things...
personally i'm attempting to get gear for the black knight, as i'm a beastmaster myself and that'd get an extra 6th attack with a shirt of speed at G+5 Big Grin (would obviously be switching to a vest of speed at G+5 but still...)

03-31-2010 21:42 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

I was a BK once and id like to say i wasnt to shabby at it but i dont want to be stuck to just 2h melee.

Creed and Philly, they are 2 very good replies lol, made the decision that little bit harder Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

03-31-2010 22:35 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

where is everyone getting zerker is obviously more powerful from?
high def mobs, what do you do? put extreme amounts into strength and miss out a chance to hit it or have some very nice def ignore + crit (assassin)

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

04-01-2010 00:30 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Everyones getting zerker is more powerful from the fact it is lol, pretty insane damage bonus from the tats but as i said before it pays for the higher damage from having hardly any crits

Edit: How do we get this into a poll?

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-01-2010 10:17.

04-01-2010 10:15 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
Everyones getting zerker is more powerful from the fact it is lol, pretty insane damage bonus from the tats but as i said before it pays for the higher damage from having hardly any crits

I dont see where the insane damage bonus from tatts is.

Zerker: 5% crit chance, +16 weapon damage, 10% exp, 5% HP, extra attack per weapon

Assassin: 30% crit chance, +11 weapon damage, 18% exp, 20% ignore defence.

The only thing that makes zerker an appealing tattoo is that extra attack.

Personally, i think if you're going 1h melee, assassin is the best route by a mile.

If you're going 2h, or want the 2h option still available, then yes, zerker is the way to go. Zerker's are at their most effective using 2h weapons.

But you stated in your original post at the top 'definitely 1h melee', and that being the case, assassin wins hands down.
04-01-2010 11:18 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Assassin is slowly winning the battle if im honest as almost every decent 1h melee person ive spoke to has said Assassin and i suppose it would be handy being able to use a 2h gun every now and then especially with that silver bullet task even though thats miles away lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-01-2010 11:42 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
How do we get this into a poll?
Ask a mod (magically overpowered dude)
I voted assassin mainly because what tiger_claw is capable of is miles away from any zerker. I haven't taken into account BK tattoo.

04-01-2010 11:51 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:
Assassin is slowly winning the battle if im honest as almost every decent 1h melee person ive spoke to has said Assassin and i suppose it would be handy being able to use a 2h gun every now and then especially with that silver bullet task even though thats miles away lol

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1dc28ab63a

Can be done with melee, not easily, but it can be done.

Of more pressing concern should be your first 2 badges, the dragons are easiest with a 2h gun, which assassin gives you tatts to support, and then you can switch to solely melee after that, or keep a 2h gun set-up for reds etc.
04-01-2010 11:53 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Thanks Diablo, i gotta vote to see the damn results lol Tongue Guess ill vote Beserker just so i can see them

When i was BK i done the White Dragon badge with 1h melee ironicly enough Tongue

Lol yeah Wolfish King is possible with melee when you have uber stats Wink

Yeah i guess the tats would help as White and Black dragons are both pains in the ass for smaller melee folk

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-01-2010 12:13.

04-01-2010 12:07 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

for 1 handed melee: Assassin
20% Ignore Defence & 25% Crit chance simply overrule the 1 attack more by zerker
Thunderfists make the rest

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
04-01-2010 16:29 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

I know what items to use lol im just undecided on the tattoo

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-01-2010 16:33 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009

Zerker is by no means more powerful at all, tbh if i find a zerker with a little less agility than me i easily beat them.. they must use suicide and to get a murderous tf of suicide on g+5 isnt easy so a assassin NORMALLY has more attacks and more agility which means easy win for me normally, black knights are hard due to there + to hit.

I personally dont rate the zerker tattoo that highly from what ive seen as a one handed melee user but its like any tattoo if you have the very top items it will be very good, but before you get there id say assassin beats zerker

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Creed: 04-01-2010 18:27.

04-01-2010 18:19 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

as a zerker

assasin is best Wink

simple as..

i just went zerker cause i wanted to use 2 handed wep and was easy to go monk-zerker

if i was to start again id go beastmaster assasin or beastmaster bk

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-01-2010 18:46 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Im not Going BK again as much as i enjoyed it i found it restricting if that makes any sense to anyone.

75% sure ill go assassin atm Tongue Not many Zerkers fighting there court lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-01-2010 19:05 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Assassin, it's more versitile and is actually more powerful then zerker. And if you don't want to be restricted, it will be the best move since you'll have both guns and melee for a choice. Throw in defense gear and rep gear to that mix and you'll have choices out the...well, you know.

Personally, I love BK for this simple reason:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=546e6a094f

Wink Even if I started again, I'd go beastmaster BK. Plus....scythes make me feel like the Grim Reaper...LOL

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

04-01-2010 19:59 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Murderous
Triple Ace

lol i think this is the 3rd time now, i dont want to be BK again Tongue I was BK Beastmaster once before and was doing quite well but like i previously said i found it restrictive

Assassin chances are now 80% lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-01-2010 20:21.

04-01-2010 20:19 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

assassin is an excellent path from what ive seen from other players, but berzerker is also very powerful.

who said that zerker have to use suicide weapon? tigers cap of adrenaline, tigers cape of xxx and tigers shorts xxx, as long as each item defence was 0 or below youd be free to use ANY 1h or 2h melee weapon combinations. if anyone would like to discuss this, pm me and ill be happy to chat Smile

we saw cesarz tear up players and mobs as a berzerker, and tiger_claw is doing an excellent job as an assassin (sorry to single you guys out) both tattoos have their benefits and drawbacks.

04-02-2010 00:30 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Zerker for me. Did the Assassin thing last time and Zerker is far more fun. Zerker BM is pretty formidable around mid levels.

The only thing I will warn you about is while you're spending all your time looking for a decent Suicide weapon, assassins will probabaly gain 10 or so agility on you Smile

04-02-2010 03:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
censoredcensored

Registration Date: 03-23-2009

assassin. the ignore defense and +crit rule over the +1 attack when 1h. i thought about switching to zerk too, but i´m now glad i didn´t.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by censoredcensored: 04-02-2010 10:28.

04-02-2010 10:26 censoredcensored is offline Search for Posts by censoredcensored Add censoredcensored to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

quote:
lol i think this is the 3rd time now, i dont want to be BK again Tongue

Cause you were crap Tongue

1h melee is boring anyway Wink 2h ftw but out of the 2 Assassin seems more practical but Zerker more fun Pleased

04-02-2010 13:15 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
Wink Even if I started again, I'd go beastmaster BK. Plus....scythes make me feel like the Grim Reaper...LOL

can't agree more, scythes are the sex Tongue

04-02-2010 13:51 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Hey people, stay on topic... *loading the warning gun*

04-02-2010 14:36 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

assassin is better for one handed. if 2 handed and one handed is a goal then go for berserker.
assassin allows you to get more attacks anyways because of the basic 30% crit chance. then using some descent thunderfists to go with that set up assassin beats all zerkers.
for me i was fortunate to get 2 murderous tf's of hitting. also have a agile tf of valour for later. but my main item is light suit of speed at good+5.
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b67f018ec5
allows 12 attacks. with agile of valour 13.
being a bm i would say is a very good advantage for you. if i was beastmaster i would love it Tongue
if i was you go for assassin and try develop murderous tf of... and get a light xxx of speed. maximise the use of the 30% crit.

also if you are assassin and plan to kill basilisk you will probs need assassin tatoo, guns a option and also melee is with the ignore defense. i out damage most snipers on basilisj with melee. i can't see many berserkers being that good against basilisks and later on from there berserkers get weaker unless they have a very good 2handed set up.

good luck. personally i am going bk for a short period of time till later date. Tongue
04-02-2010 15:25 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo
quote:
lol i think this is the 3rd time now, i dont want to be BK again Tongue

Cause you were crap Tongue

LOL i wasnt that bad, i was beasting Nobles at level 65 and was very close to cracking an awesome Golem set up but my stupid "No Ritual Rule" decided different and the change of owners when i gave it away just ruined the whole thing lmao

Well im defo going Assassin now and ill soon have my first tattoo and as theres plenty of Assassins in my clan i shouldnt be short of advice Tongue Well if i get some crazy drops for a Zerker then obviously ill think again but in z5 i cant really see that happening Tongue

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for there tips and posts Big Grin Cheers

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 04-04-2010 12:18.

04-04-2010 11:51 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Apollo
The Light

quote:
Originally posted by jamess36362
good luck. personally i am going bk for a short period of time till later date. Tongue

We could just swap accounts Wink lol Tongue

And tbh on reflection Assassin does seem the stronger choice definately if you are planning on being 1hmelee orientated Smile good luck and I have no doubt I'll be soloing whites for you very shortly mate Tongue

04-04-2010 13:14 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I dont actually know any Assassins that use their 2handed gun section =\

If zerker had the defence ignore instead of.. +5% HP bonus it would be amazing.

but its just that defence ignore that i think gives Assassin that little more edge.

But in the end if you can get the eqeuipment i do beleive that BK overall is the place to be
04-04-2010 13:23 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

I wish people would stop mentioning BK LOL

Cheers Sampollo not only will you be killing Whites for me but Blacks, Phoenixes, Reds, Hydras... need i go on mate? lol Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-04-2010 13:28 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Well like Sam said if you didnt change an account every week and stuck with a BK one youd probly be alrite by now ¬_¬ lolololol

But yeah id go Assassin to sort somethin good out
04-04-2010 13:33 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

lol Sam didnt say that, he was joking with Claw about them swapping accounts also i didnt change accounts every week. I do regret giving up my BK but i found it restrictive so yeah 1h melee Assassin is what ill have a bash at now

Best get back on topic before Diablo finds another Clip full of warnings lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

04-04-2010 13:37 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Assassin or Berserker for 1h melee Beastmaster?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH