Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch v. 1.2.7 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch v. 1.2.7 7 Votes - Average Rating: 4.86
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Patch v. 1.2.7 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You can now connect your BW account with your Facebook account for extra features. More info in the Throne Hall.

You can now see when a new attack/quest will become available.

Minor fixes and optimalizations.

Feel free to discuss Wink

05-19-2010 12:47 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Deathavan

images/avatars/avatar-647.jpg

Registration Date: 10-16-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does connecting to FB give us anything besides the ease of sharing progress with others?

IGN -- Deathavan
Prices Always Negotiatable PM me in game
05-19-2010 12:49 Deathavan is offline Search for Posts by Deathavan Add Deathavan to your Buddy List
diablo

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What are the benefits of connecting with Facebook?
Connecting your Bloodwars account with your Facebook account will let you post your in-game achievements on the Wall so you can share them with your friends!
What information will be posted on the Wall?
The following information will be posted automatically by default:

* tasks completed

* awards received

* levels gained

You can turn off posting any and all of the above.

You can also one-click post:

* items found on quests

* attack, siege and expedition reports

Will other players be able to see my personal details?
No, there is no way for other players to identify your Facebook account on the basis of your Bloodwars account and it is completely up to you who will be able to see your Facebook Wall.
What personal details does Bloodwars process?
BloodWars processes your Facebook name so it can be seen on the Wall, your Facebook ID which is a public information and is required for the connection. Bloodwars does NOT process any other personal details and consequently does NOT show them to other Bloodwars players.

05-19-2010 12:51 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Only one: an action link below each Feed story you publish ("join fight" etc) is a reference link to your account.

Otherwise many players which don't use facebook might complain about facebook users getting some advantages.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

05-19-2010 12:54 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Deathavan

images/avatars/avatar-647.jpg

Registration Date: 10-16-2009

Thank you for the fast response.
Sounds like a great feature!

IGN -- Deathavan
Prices Always Negotiatable PM me in game
05-19-2010 12:54 Deathavan is offline Search for Posts by Deathavan Add Deathavan to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Not sure how this benefits game playing

05-19-2010 12:54 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Congrats to another totally pointless update in my honest opinion..

Everybody gets quests at the same time.. on the hours ( YES I SAID HOURS ) incase some of you are non premium players.. its either on the hour or on the every 2hours.. If say i got a quest at 1:30PM and somebody else got one at 1:52PM or something it would be more usefull..

But granted that would be useful for a few people im not disputing that.

But that facebook connection? come on.. How many people would honestly love to send out reports all over facebook when you speak to people ingame / board?
05-19-2010 12:55 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

FlashAOD, you're right - from your point of view, this patch is pointless. But I'm sure many players will find it useful. We can't satisfy everyone every time Smile

Some big updates are up ahead in near future, so don't complain too much about FB Smile

Other >> pm Szeszej

05-19-2010 13:00 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

I agree, but in defence of bw, maybe it's their way of advertisement?

05-19-2010 13:00 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Some big updates are up ahead in near future, so don't complain too much about FB Smile

Can u give us some clues what these big updates are going to be ??

05-19-2010 13:04 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by franz

Exactly, without more people joining there will be no new servers that people are crying on about.

That said, i dont use facebook so it will be of little use to me personally, but if it brings more people into the game it gets my thumbs up.

Only time will tell whether this has an impact, but it can't really do any harm.

I think any criticism is a bit unfair, for while it may not be the most amazing, ground-breaking patch by any stretch of the imagination, it certainly wont impede on any current player's gaming so far as i can see.
05-19-2010 13:06 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
diablo

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo

From a personal point of view I'm not that impressed, but it is due to the fact that I'm too addicted and know by hear when the next quest and attack will come. For new players, it is a great advantage.

Facebook, well, it is your choice whether to publish your BW achievements or not. We're all spammed on Fb with much worse things that I'm not going to mention now and here.
If is a great form of advertisement and if we get more people to join BW we can hope for a new Moria UK server! (lol, I know I went too far sci-fi here...)

05-19-2010 13:07 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky
quote:

Can u give us some clues what these big updates are going to be ??

Individual storyline tasks different for each vampire race
+ (not-so-near future) act III.

And YES - facebook gives some advertisement possibilities we need to make game grow bigger and better.

Other >> pm Szeszej

05-19-2010 13:12 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Nice cart wait Smile

05-19-2010 13:14 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hey ho, I like the FB link - just one question - is it seperate from the Polish FB link, or is all the same thing?? :S

Just wondered because, there seem to be competitions & prizes on the Polish one, but it is (obviously) all in polish, and I can't understand it that well.

I would like to have to competitions for the UK people as well.

Any clarity on this would be helpful - because when I go to the FB link, it takes me to the polish one.

Thanks Wink

(ps - I have been advertising BW on my FB account for many months - can I get some free premium please Tongue Big Grin )

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 05-19-2010 13:19.

05-19-2010 13:15 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Yes, profile page is the same, only FB application is different, because of other domain name (*.bloodwars.pl and *.bloodwars.net) but it doesn't matter from player's view.

We will consider publishing competition in both languages.

Other >> pm Szeszej

05-19-2010 13:19 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
SwiftDeathIsComing
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-621.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Clan: The Source

RE: Patch v. 1.2.7 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
You can now see when a new attack/quest will become available.

Minor fixes and optimalizations.

Feel free to discuss Wink

Good job with the new attack/quest i'm not new at all but it's still nice to see when i have 0 attacks/quests when the next one will come, we're not all diablo Tongue

Can you tell me what those minor fixes and things were?

*cough* Mr Snowman *cough* :L

Epic clan member of the week:
Kralen
05-19-2010 13:28 SwiftDeathIsComing is offline Search for Posts by SwiftDeathIsComing Add SwiftDeathIsComing to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

quote:

Some code and templates changes and small bug fixes, which doesn't affect game mechanics.

Other >> pm Szeszej

05-19-2010 13:33 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Konrad - thanks for the info. Wink

A suggestion - perhaps put a link to the FB page in the game itself, instead of just on the log-in page - maybe on our game profile or throne hall page somewhere?

I'm a big FB user, and I would find that much more useful, than having to & find it in my FB account - because it is buried in amongst all the other things I like. Tongue

(ps - still waiting for my free premium - see message above. Tongue )

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-19-2010 13:50 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

I do like the att timer, i may not really need it anymore but i have in my underworld notes the time of ever att coming due neednig to check when i was lower

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
05-19-2010 13:53 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Ugh I was disappointed when I logged on today to see this addition of FB . I am one of those people who has stopped using FB regularly because I'm so tired of seeing useless spam about mafia crap, farming crap, fishing crap, everything crap. I never used FB as a means to see what games people are playing and it's all annoying spam from my point of view which makes going there unpleasant and if I know someone's page is full of useless game spam I don't visit them. Also FB is continually having issues with privacy and I do not trust any application on there as safe.

05-19-2010 14:11 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

i think its alright, really eager to see what bigger updates are coming out in the near future Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

05-19-2010 14:25 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
FlashBlade

Registration Date: 09-13-2008
Clan: Vault 13

Next incoming attack too pls! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The next available attack and quest - while not that important - does not detract from the game at all, so I'm all for it. And any extra information (whether used or not) can help players. It would be nice to see when the last incoming attack happened (or when next incoming attack is possible), because I often accidentally (stupidly) delete my attacks and then try to remember how long ago the last one was! As for FB - I'm with Hespera on this one, but it's easy enough to not subscribe. As long as FB-connectivity does not disadvantage non-users it's a good idea. Question on FB connectivity: once deselected, is it possible to setup the connectivity again?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by FlashBlade: 05-19-2010 14:26.

05-19-2010 14:26 FlashBlade is offline Search for Posts by FlashBlade Add FlashBlade to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Good stuff, good way to advertise the game via FB. perhaps twitter next? hopefully it will bring some new people's to BW Smile
i dnt use FB myself as i aint that desperate to get laid ;d

not sure what dev's hope we/you are going to post... there's only so many times you can post "i failed... again" or "yet another crapy drop" Tongue

anywho; 7/10 for this patch.
im in a good mood as i haven't used/failed all my quests yet ;d

05-19-2010 16:38 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
rolfrolf

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

quote:
quote:

Some code and templates changes and small bug fixes, which doesn't affect game mechanics.

noticed, some step backward in my opinion: now every link you get from other players are based on bloodsoul layout, what if i like to play with other layout not the bloodsoul and once i click link, it does not open in C2k7 layout(i use most often) anymore, but it opens in that bloudsoul, not even eager to analize the links, is there a way to get back links in same layout i play the game, i mean then i logged in and playing the game, or that feature was deleted at all and now all links for all players are in same layout, ?, it's bit stupid now, then ingame, many colors,,,myself found it a bit frustrating.
the links posted on forums or elsthere(not ingame) does not bother me, they can be all the same for all, but links others players send to me, should be in same layout i currently use, any thoughts on this ?
05-19-2010 16:49 rolfrolf is offline Search for Posts by rolfrolf Add rolfrolf to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

rolfrolf,
layout was always forced, the only difference is the layout itself - earlier it was Nanorobot, now it's Bloodsoul.

Speaking of layout choosing, notice that links other players send to you are visible even when you don't have any blooodwars account, so the game doesn't even check if you're logged in.

Other >> pm Szeszej

05-20-2010 10:27 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Jackel

images/avatars/avatar-669.jpg

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Sanitarium

quote:
Speaking of layout choosing, notice that links other players send to you are visible even when you don't have any blooodwars account, so the game doesn't even check if you're logged in.

I think that is very good cause I send links to people not playing this game all the time. Because I play lots of other random games. Some for longer others shorter. But Ive recruited at least 10 people this way and almost all of them have premium. So thats definetly a good thing and would hate to see it changed.
06-08-2010 00:11 Jackel is offline Search for Posts by Jackel Add Jackel to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

personally i think there should be a version of this game on FB ots very similat to most of the games on there already but there would be a lot more advertisement on FB = more revenue

p.s. if u do make FB server make it UW

p.p.s just thought squares might be an issue so instead of having it how it is now you should auto move up a zone once youve completed all tasks in current zone

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

06-22-2010 03:26 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

personally, I never/dont join any social network site,
better use forum/irc/messenger/email to connect other people.
so no more develop with any social network site please...

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
one day we may introduce uberlegendary items Wink

I'm waiting this one and act III, I hope one day isnt next year Smile

npc son's name : cpu

06-22-2010 04:56 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by franz

Hammer, Nail, Head.

Nice to see the game being put out there tbh

06-24-2010 02:47 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Patch v. 1.2.7

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH